• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][A11][H870|H870DS|H872|US997] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G6 with microG support [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
@bernardobas When I use GSAM to check standby, updating to the new build seems to increase my screen-off usage a lot more, around 25% for 2.5 hours. irq/318-2cd9xx, irq/389-lge_tou, thermal-engine, reset_task, mdss_fb0, and ip6tables-restore seem to be some of the largest culprits on the kernel side. On the LOS side, ConnectivityService, deviceidle_maint, and ActivityManager-Sleep seem to wake my device a lot.

Do you know anything about how to fix these things from such large idle battery drain? Having to completely shutdown the phone each time seems like a pain.

Hi. If you check the kernel sources you'll find that last commit is from late April. No chance it has something to do with your issue. Regarding to Lineage sources, June's ASB included a lot of changes but honestly, I noticed zero additional drain here.

There's a chance that it's a hardware problem (aging battery) or some other app you installed recently. You can easily check that by going back to your previous build or doing a clean flash (Roar Gapps mini me is a must) and using the phone with the bare minimum.

Interrible

Dec 27, 2019
Flashed this rom and ran into an interesting problem. When I play audio (whether it be through bluetooth or the headphone jack), the audio plays only through the right channel. I don't remember changing any balance settings in the AudioFX equalizer. Should I just reflash or how should I go about trying to fix this? This problem wasn't present on previously installed HavocOS.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the setting. The audio balance slider was set all the way to the right channel under Accessibility for some reason. I am 1000% certain I haven't touched this slider as I haven't even opened accessibility settings since flashing this rom.

Great rom. Switched over from Havoc because the battery drain was getting unbearable. This one seems to have much better battery life. Lost some customization settings but overall this rom is very good too, great daily driver.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernardobas

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date

08/07/2021

Lineage changes
· July security patch
· More fixes and optimizations that I'm too lazy to describe

>> Builds for all LG G6 variants <<

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

biped91

Sep 26, 2015

Build date

08/07/2021

Lineage changes
· July security patch
· More fixes and optimizations that I'm too lazy to describe

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

Installed, and working really well. Google Recorder also working natively now. Thank you so much for the continued support.

Gabbbbbbb

Oct 7, 2014
Thanks for making/maintaining this rom!

I installed this today for the first time after using Havoc for nearly two years.
I'm very satisfied with most things, the performance is the best I've ever had on my G6. The only problem I've noticed is that my phone heated up more than ever before. (I installed only Signal and Reddit sync & started browsing Reddit before the phone started acting like a clothes iron.)
So I remembered that I bought Ex Kernel Manager many years ago & setting the cpu scheduler from interactive to conservative made the heat manageable, whilst the performance is still brilliant.

Cheers!

edit: The charging temps are more than a little crazy, it would be nice if Lineage supported slow charging, like some Samsung phones did in the past.

Last edited:

Hesuss

Jul 31, 2016
Hey Bernardo, I'm having some issues with Magisk not installing after a clean flash, sent you a DM with more details. I'm using SHRP and a H870 that previously had lineageOS 17 and Magisk v23 installed without issues.

Mounting /system
Mounting /vendor
cannot mount /vendor
Unmounting partitions
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/SHRP/addons/c_magisk.zip
Remounted system as R/W!

I also wonder is there is any way to make holding the spacebar and swiping left or right move the cursor like gboard supported and iOS works, but that is secondary to the main problem

EDIT: How can we check if we have a Quad DAC on our G6's? If we have it, is there any toggle in the ROM?
EDIT 2: flashing Magisk manually seems to have fixed it, but I wonder why it didn't work straight from the ROM...

Last edited:

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hey Bernardo, I'm having some issues with Magisk not installing after a clean flash, sent you a DM with more details. I'm using SHRP and a H870 that previously had lineageOS 17 and Magisk v23 installed without issues.

Mounting /system
Mounting /vendor
cannot mount /vendor
Unmounting partitions
Updater process ended with ERROR: 1
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/SHRP/addons/c_magisk.zip
Remounted system as R/W!

I also wonder is there is any way to make holding the spacebar and swiping left or right move the cursor like gboard supported and iOS works, but that is secondary to the main problem

EDIT: How can we check if we have a Quad DAC on our G6's? If we have it, is there any toggle in the ROM?
EDIT 2: flashing Magisk manually seems to have fixed it, but I wonder why it didn't work straight from the ROM...

Hi Hesuss. Magisk works fine. To flash it and get SafetyNet working:

- Download latest Magisk APK: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v23.0
- Rename the extension of the downloaded file to .zip and flash it through recovery
- Reboot to system and check if Magisk Manager is there. If you can't find it, manually install it with the same APK you downloaded during the first step
- To bypass SafetyNet you need to hide Magisk Manager from within its options. And if there are apps that still detect root, you need to use Magisk Hide for that specific app. You'll find tons of information if you google about how to do that.

You don't need any extra modules to bypass SafetyNet (we're already using Coral's device fingerprint).

Good luck

Hesuss

Jul 31, 2016
Hi Hesuss. Magisk works fine. To flash it and get SafetyNet working:

- Download latest Magisk APK: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/tag/v23.0
- Rename the extension of the downloaded file to .zip and flash it through recovery
- Reboot to system and check if Magisk Manager is there. If you can't find it, manually install it with the same APK you downloaded during the first step
- To bypass SafetyNet you need to hide Magisk Manager from within its options. And if there are apps that still detect root, you need to use Magisk Hide for that specific app. You'll find tons of information if you google about how to do that.

You don't need any extra modules to bypass SafetyNet (we're already using Coral's device fingerprint).

Good luck
Got Magisk working already, I will try again with your instructions, thanks!

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires

I think only H870DS has Quad DAC.
And I've no idea about the spacebar thing.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires

Build date

10/08/2021

Lineage changes
· August security patch

Device changes
· More fixes and optimizations

fatdog1

Feb 18, 2018

Build date

10/08/2021

Lineage changes
· August security patch

Device changes

Phone model : LG q6 (LGM-700Y)
Program version v20a-TUR-XX

can i install it on this model?

pbl3

Apr 5, 2014
Hi bernardobas!
I am preparing to flash the ROM and have some questions about Magisk installation. You say that we should
Rename the extension of the downloaded file to .zip and flash it through recovery
However, on Magisk site, they recommend against this in favor of patching boot.img.
Some time ago, I think you also said in this thread it's best to get Magisk .zip from the Telegram group.
Could you tell why .zip method is better here and if the Telegram file is improved in any way over the one from the official site?

Also, the boot.img patch method gives options to preserve DM verity and disable force encryption. Does this have any impact considering the ROM does not support encryption?

Sorry if this was explained somewhere, I did spend some time looking for info, but couldn't find any that would definitely answer these questions.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hi bernardobas!
I am preparing to flash the ROM and have some questions about Magisk installation. You say that we should

However, on Magisk site, they recommend against this in favor of patching boot.img.
Some time ago, I think you also said in this thread it's best to get Magisk .zip from the Telegram group.
Could you tell why .zip method is better here and if the Telegram file is improved in any way over the one from the official site?

Also, the boot.img patch method gives options to preserve DM verity and disable force encryption. Does this have any impact considering the ROM does not support encryption?

Sorry if this was explained somewhere, I did spend some time looking for info, but couldn't find any that would definitely answer these questions.

Relax man, just follow the steps I described and you'll be fine.

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires

Build date

20/08/2021

Device changes
· Fixed TCP crash
· Switched to H870 v30b perf profile
· Perf improvements
· Switch to AIDL power stats
· Fixed memtrack denials
· Compiled HWUI for performance
· Sepolicy fixes
· QTI Performance props added

Kernel changes
· Thermal fixes
· Tweaked vfs cache pressure
· Tweaked CPU "Interactive" governor
· Fixed spectre v1 vulnerability
· Decreased time to enter sleep
· Added fsync on/off toggle support
· Decreased time to enter sleep
· Virtual memory tuning
· Adreno Idler tweaked
· AAC 320Kbps capture
· High performance audio enabled

Reactions: rossmurray

rossmurray

Nov 27, 2010
London
Noted you dropped SHRP recommendation so switched over (only yesterday in fact) to TWRP beta which you kindly now linked in first post. Deleted SHRP folder from within /storage/emulated/0 via Total Commander.

Restart seemed to drop its options. Disabled toggle: system >> gestures >> power menu >> advanced restart. Restarted and then toggled it back on. Options restored. Flashed update as smooth as I've grown to expect from this awesome ROM. Thanks!

pbl3

Apr 5, 2014
Edit: never mind, as usual, after hours of careful reading, the answer comes right after you ask someone.
Solution found here (go into recovery>TWRP with button combination instead of letting it boot to TWRP by itself, then reboot to system from TWRP)

I'll leave the original below, maybe it'll help someone.

Okay, so I tried flashing and did actually manage to screw something up ;) Now I'm stuck on TWRP even though flashing seemingly goes okay.

What I did:
1. had an encrypted H870 with the latest Pie
2. Disabled encryption (now I'm not so sure)
3. unlocked bootloader, mandatory factory reset, system worked okay
4. flashed TWRP
5. TWRP warned about encryption, I could not enter a correct password, could not wipe any of the partitions, could not flash anything as well
6. I read that it's due to encryption, formatting /data is the solution
7. after formatting /data, rebooted and there was a screen with a message about the device being compromised and that a factory reset is required
8. In TWRP, partition access was ok now; wiped all necessary partitions, flashed everything in order successfully
9. now, boots to recovery each time

So, I read that zeroing a part of /misc is the solution for TWRP loop, but I don't want to touch it unless necessary. I read that for some people, even formatting /data resulted in loss of permanent MAC.

I will appreciate any help before proceeding to mess it up more :)

Last edited:

stahlsau

Nov 12, 2007
dear gents,
maybe one of you has a clue for me, I can't find any solution:
Since the day I changed from another, older rom to lineage 18, I got issues with the bluetooth connection, but only in the car.
Playing music over bluetooth on a small speaker works for hours, but when I connect the mobile to the car for hands-free calls etc, the connection is getting lost. Always about 2 minutes after the screen times out. When I force the screen on, the connection stays stable.
Also it doesn't connect automatically to the car anymore.

I checked power saving options, disabled bluetooth from power saving menu, cleared bluetooth cache, deleted the phone and the car vice versa, ...dunno what else to do.

My guess is that since no data is transferred, since the connection ison standby, waiting for phone calls, the connection is getting cut from some powersaving option or something like that. But I can't find anything.
Worked flawlessly with android 10 and an other rom before.

Any ideas or a hint maybe, someone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Build date

09/09/2021

Lineage changes
    · September security patch
    · Fixed a crash in settings in TTS engine selection screen
    · Fix to show bluetooth battery level when available
    · Lineage Setup Wizard redesign
    · Several fixes in Lineage Setup Wizard
    · Several fixes in Lineage backup and restore app Seedvault
    · Add preference for one shot auto-brightness
    · Fix to follow system accent color in setupdesign
    · Several changes in settings to match Setup Wizard
    · Make battery clickable again in quick QS status
    · Several fixes in Calendar app Etar
    · Added new translations

Device changes
    · Updated graphic blobs from Taimen

Build date

11/09/2021

Device changes
    · Back to v30B graphic blobs
    · Wi-Fi display (Miracast) optimizations

What's required for being officially built by LineageOS servers? How come this H870 LOS18.1 ROM isn't? It would be nice with an automatic updater.

It's required that we comply with some standards that we don't, like fixing our tree for camera, encryption and so on. And also to adapt that tree/kernel to the official LG msm8996 common sources that are being used for official G5 Lineage.

That's a hard, time consuming task that we cannnot tackle right now.

Build date

10/09/2021

Lineage changes
    · Fixed Wi-Fi display (Miracast)

Hi, two quick questions.
    #1: How's the batterylife compared to latest stock rom?
    and #2: Is Linage pre-rooted / will safety-net pass out of the box? (Don't need root on my phone, but I use some apps that have safety-net checks.)

It depends on which stock rom, some variants got stock Oreo while h870 got Pie update. Anyway, battery life is good enough.

Lineage is not pre rooted and will pass SafetyNet.

You can join the Telegram group to get more information. Link is in the first post of this thread.
    BSG GCam 8.1 (best camera choice)

Our BSG friends are doing an amazing job releasing new versions almost every week.

The below recommended version has been tested and works fine but feel free to download any other.

>> Download recommended MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVs_libs_Eng <<
    · Includes XML config and 3rd party gallery support (among other features).
    · 1/8 slow motion doesn't work but 1/4 works fine.
    · Logging disabled
    · Runs smoother than other builds

BSG Telegram Channel
    attachment.php

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Flashlight
    Sound
    Vibration
    microG support

Known issues
    - VoLTE doesn't work. LG uses a proprietary implementation of VoLTE that is not compliant with AOSP. Fixable? Probably not.
    - Encryption doesn't work

Bug reporting
    If you want to report bugs, please always indicate device variant, Gapps package, Magisk version and Magisk modules installed.

Prerequisites
    Your device must be unlocked and running a custom recovery. Click here if your variant is H870 or US997 and here for H872.

Oreo or Pie bootloader required
    H870: if you are running the latest Stock Pie, there's no need to update your bootloader.
    US997 and H872: if you are running the latest Stock Oreo, there's no need to update your bootloader.
    In case you aren't running those stock versions, you'll need to update your bootloader by flashing the right one for your variant.
    Bootloaders for all LG G6 variants

Android 11 recovery required
    After you unlocked your bootloader and flashed the suggested TWRP version for that specific purpose, you'll need to upgrade your recovery to have A11 support. Old recoveries will not fully work with Android 11.
    TWRP for all LG G6 variiants

Instructions
    - Clean flash is mandatory
    - Backup everything
    - Unlock your device and install TWRP following the prerequisites guides above
    - Update your recovery to the lastest TWRP
    - Update your bootloader if needed (fingerprint reader doesn't work with old bootloaders)
    - Download the latest build and Roar Gapps (Mini Me package is mandatory, other packages will cause issues)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
    - Flash the latest build and Roar Gapps Mini Me
    - Magisk (optional)
    - Reboot and enjoy

Downloads
    LineageOS for all LG G6 variants

Debloated builds
    You can flash Gapps & Trash Remover by Cheewaca. All these apps will be removed: AudioFX, Camera2, Contacts, DeskClock, Dialer, Eleven, Email, Etar, ExactCalculator, Exchange, Gallery2, Jelly, Messaging, Recorder, Snap, Updater.

The order for flashing is: ROM + Gapps & Trash Remover + Gapps + Magisk.

You can get the remover here: https://t.me/Gapps_Trash_Remover

Stay up to date
    LG G6 LineageOS Telegram group
    LG G6 Releases

Sources
    LineageOS
    Devices tree and kernel

Thanks
    Thanks to @-Androider- for sharing his work as the previous maintainer. And special thanks to @TheWolfSVK, @dom133 and Cheewaca who are the real brains behind this (sorry if I forgot about someone).

-

Build date
    14/06/2021

Lineage changes
    · June security patch

New LineageOS 17.1 builds available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date: 10/08/2020

Changelog:

LineageOS Changes:
    - Android 10.0.0 Release 41
    - New security patch level: 05.08.2020
    - VolumeDialog: Redo expanded volume panel
    - Add APN for Telefonica
    - Calendar: Make use of system theme setting on android 10 (#715)
    - DeskClock: Fix alarm clock screen show black when screen locked
    - Messaging: fix launch screen status bar color
    - Dialer: Fix launch screen status bar color
    - Upstream updates, enhancements and fixes

Device Changes:
    · Removed AudioFX to avoid random reboots while playing video

Kernel Changes:
    · Update WireGuard to version 1.0.20200729

Random reboots while playing video are fixed.

>> Downloads for all LG G6 variants <<
    does H870DS unlock bootloader available?

How is It possible to install this ROM on H870DS? Is It possible to unlock its bootloader now?

Some users got the bin file for unlocking directly from LG. You should join this TG group to get the exact procedure: https://t.me/LGG6BootloaderExploit