• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][A11][H870|H870DS|H872|US997] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G6 with microG support [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
I installed version 18.1 almost a week ago on my H870 and it was a really tiresome process because my phone would not read my sdxc.
I did a clean flash. Wiped everything.
I tried to repair card on Windows but even after all having been fixed my phone would not read it and it suggested a full format. I tried to return to a previous backup of Android 10 (Havoc) but TWRP failed to restore it. I clean flashed Havoc A10 and it would read the sd card just fine.
I reinstalled 18.1 (after full wipe) and it would still not read the card. I copied all data (100 gb) to my pc and then i formatted the card with my phone. After that it recognized my card. I tried to transfer the data from my pc to my phone but it wouldn't move more than 2 gb (give or take). i took the card out and placed to my pc with an adapter and transferred the data (finally). After that my phone would read all the content of my card.

Sorry for the long version. Just wanted to help anyone with the same problem. I guess there is some difference in sd card format from previous version.

I use no GAPPS. I use microg. I works perfectly if apps are installed after microg. if not they rarely connect to cloud etc.

Please fix screen time out. It always returns to 1 min no matter what you select.

IT WORKS BEAUTIFULLY. THANK YOU

Hi, thanks for your report.
Are you sure screen timeout doesn't work?
Just tested it with 15 sec, 30 sec and 1 minute. All of them worked fine.

Reactions: zarolio

zarolio

Feb 7, 2010
Athens
Hi, thanks for your report.
Are you sure screen timeout doesn't work?
Just tested it with 15 sec, 30 sec and 1 minute. All of them worked fine.
Not for me at least. I select 15 seconds, I return to home page and it simply doesn't work. It resets to 1 min. Sometimes it keeps my selection until screen is locked but it resets to 1 min afterwards.
Thank you for your time.

zarolio

Feb 7, 2010
Athens
Not for me at least. I select 15 seconds, I return to home page and it simply doesn't work. It resets to 1 min. Sometimes it keeps my selection until screen is locked but it resets to 1 min afterwards.
Thank you for your time.
Sorry for that. I found that it was my Keepscreenon app that was messing everything up. i uninstalled it and sleep timer works fine.
Thanks

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rekoil

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date

07/10/2021

Lineage changes
· October Security Patch

>> Builds for all LG G6 variants <<

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

llucax

Nov 2, 2013
Hi, I've been using this ROM for a while and I'm quite happy with it, but I have a few questions:

1. Why is device encryption not supported? I notice almost (all?) no custom ROM supports it, so I guess there is something quite inherent to custom ROMs. If you have a short summary or a link to pass to get more info about it, I would like to know.

2. I'm having issues with Bluetooth pairing and response to play buttons/events. Basically if the screen is off it won't respond to pairing requests or play events or it will take a long while to respond, while with the screen on is immediate (like my bluetooth earbuds that were paired before and when I turn them on they request my phone to pair but this only works with the screen on). Also, no problem with volume/down or pause events. I tried disabling the battery optimization to the media player I'm using and also to the "Bluetooth", "com.android.providers.media" and "Blue" apps. This made things somehow a bit better but still my device is unresponsive most of the time when the screen is off. Is this a known issue and/or is there a workaround for it? (I think this happened with the official ROM too, after some update a long ago, so I wonder if it might be some other issue with my phone. I also think when I first installed this ROM it worked and at some point I started to have issues again).

Thanks!

judgecal

Jan 17, 2010
Hi, I've been using this ROM for a while and I'm quite happy with it, but I have a few questions:

1. Why is device encryption not supported? I notice almost (all?) no custom ROM supports it, so I guess there is something quite inherent to custom ROMs. If you have a short summary or a link to pass to get more info about it, I would like to know.

2. I'm having issues with Bluetooth pairing and response to play buttons/events. Basically if the screen is off it won't respond to pairing requests or play events or it will take a long while to respond, while with the screen on is immediate (like my bluetooth earbuds that were paired before and when I turn them on they request my phone to pair but this only works with the screen on). Also, no problem with volume/down or pause events. I tried disabling the battery optimization to the media player I'm using and also to the "Bluetooth", "com.android.providers.media" and "Blue" apps. This made things somehow a bit better but still my device is unresponsive most of the time when the screen is off. Is this a known issue and/or is there a workaround for it? (I think this happened with the official ROM too, after some update a long ago, so I wonder if it might be some other issue with my phone. I also think when I first installed this ROM it worked and at some point I started to have issues again).

Thanks!
I've been having the same problem with Bluetooth pairing ever since changing from the Android 10 build to Android 11 build in August. Like you, I can only get the phone to pair with any Bluetooth device if the screen is unlocked, and haven't found a workaround for it yet.

stahlsau

Nov 12, 2007
I've been having the same problem with Bluetooth pairing ever since changing from the Android 10 build to Android 11 build in August. Like you, I can only get the phone to pair with any Bluetooth device if the screen is unlocked, and haven't found a workaround for it yet.
#metoo
this is similar to what I experienced. I can pair it with screen on, it will stay paired if the screen is forced on (display timeout to "never"), but it will loose connection within 2 minutes if the display is off.
It does work while playing audio over bluetooth, maybe because the connection is busy then. But it doesn't work with the hands free phone mode in the car, for example, imho because the connection is on standby then (and gets shut down by some powersaving stuff, maybe).

llucax

Nov 2, 2013
#metoo
this is similar to what I experienced. I can pair it with screen on, it will stay paired if the screen is forced on (display timeout to "never"), but it will loose connection within 2 minutes if the display is off.
It does work while playing audio over bluetooth, maybe because the connection is busy then. But it doesn't work with the hands free phone mode in the car, for example, imho because the connection is on standby then (and gets shut down by some powersaving stuff, maybe).
For me once the connection is established it keeps stable. I only experience issues with the "resume" after I paused the media, the resume will only be responsive immediately when the screen is on (when off it will sometimes work, but most of the time not, and sometimes it works after a big delay, like I press the resume button in the earbuds and after 5 seconds it would resume). If I turn the screen on after pressing the resume button it will also work, is like the event is queued but not processed until the screen is on.

judgecal

Jan 17, 2010
This rings true for me as well now you mention it. Play back of media in my car is fine once it's playing, but often has to be resumed from the phone rather than the in car controls if there's been any pause of at least a few mins in playback. Like you say, it's like the Bluetooth is being put to sleep if it's not in use.

siyman

Aug 17, 2010
Hi,

thank you so much for your work, highly appreciated! It took me a while to figure out how to flash TWRP as well as getting through the LG recovery "paywall" but after all it's running smooth as silk.
What made me curious is your release notes hint calling miracast: I cannot figure out how to connect lineageos ever since 17.x releases to connect to my displays disregarding any kind of hardware (LG G6 of course, Nexus 7 Wifi, Lenovo Yoga Pad). Stock Android Pie still works. Is this somehow a general issue or did you do any changes that makes it work but not with my very TV?

Thanks,
siyman

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires
Hi,

thank you so much for your work, highly appreciated! It took me a while to figure out how to flash TWRP as well as getting through the LG recovery "paywall" but after all it's running smooth as silk.
What made me curious is your release notes hint calling miracast: I cannot figure out how to connect lineageos ever since 17.x releases to connect to my displays disregarding any kind of hardware (LG G6 of course, Nexus 7 Wifi, Lenovo Yoga Pad). Stock Android Pie still works. Is this somehow a general issue or did you do any changes that makes it work but not with my very TV?

Thanks,
siyman
It works for me, check the attached vídeo to see how to enable it.

Attachments

• screen-20211019-164157.mp4
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: siyman

jansvajcr

Feb 6, 2011
Hi, first of all, thank you for bringing my phone a new life because it was nearly unusable with the stock rom. Now, I would like to report a broken split view. Sometimes, the lower window content is misplaced when picking the second app so it is hard to pick one. See the attached image to see what is going on (there is clock app on top, home screen at the bottom).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211021-005455_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20211021-005455_Trebuchet.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

tylerdurden83

May 28, 2011
Just flashed it, it's basically a new phone now, 20 times faster and smoother than latest stock rom, insane job congratulations

EDIT: two quick questions. Can double tap to sleep on the homescreen be enabled with the stock launcher? And can double tap to wake bring directly to the pattern or pin input rather than still having to swipe up?

Last edited:
Reactions: bernardobas

bernardobas

Jan 1, 2016
Buenos Aires

Build date

05/11/2021

Lineage changes
· November Security Patch
· WiFi: Ignore connectivity scans during WFD session
· Move Call Log backup back to ContactsProvider
· Mark messages as failed if SIM is inactive
· Dialer: Notify content observers upon call log entry deletion
· Dialer: Fix selecting phone account dialog show error
· Seedvault: Disable Nextcloud restore when not installed and no store available
· Seedvault: Disable AOSP K/V Call log backups
· Settings: display actual device peak refresh rate in summary
· [WifiTrackerLib] Add wifi standard to WifiEntry.ConnectedInfo
· Display WiFi Version number
· Add Hotspot WPA3 Settings
· Settings: notifications: Add title for Advanced settings
· apn: Fix FreedomPop UK & Update giffgaff
· LockPatternView: Fix a11y+BiometricPrompt related OOB exception
· Dialer: Fix status bar colors in detail activities
· SystemUI: Use accent color for WiFi progress bar

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

evertking

May 25, 2013

Build date

05/11/2021

Lineage changes
· Seedvault: Disable Nextcloud restore when not installed and no store available

Download link not working

Build date

05/11/2021

Lineage changes

Download link not working

nykstark98

Jun 8, 2020
Hi everyone, and sorry for my question. I absolutely need your help. Today I unlocked the bootloader of my lg g6 and then I did the various steps to install the twrp recovery, but once installed I can't start it.. after entering the adb command that installs it, it takes me back to the screen where to format the memory .. it should be normal, because after pressing yes twice it should start the recovery, but it doesn't work..it boots into the system and not in twrp recovery .. someone knows what it can be the problem and can explain to me how to install it correctly? I followed all steps from a XDA thread linked here, so I don't know why it doesn't work..I wanted so much trying this lineage version for my g6 (yeah, I have LG drivers already installed and my PC recognised it, twrp is renamed and located in adb folder, and I have bootloader unlocked, so I don't know)..thanks in advance

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Build date

05/11/2021

Lineage changes

to update is it necessary to wipe?

I've already sent you a step by step guide. Scroll up and you'll find it. Good luck
    attachment.php

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's working?
    WiFi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Flashlight
    Sound
    Vibration
    microG support

Known issues
    - VoLTE doesn't work. LG uses a proprietary implementation of VoLTE that is not compliant with AOSP. Fixable? Probably not.
    - Encryption doesn't work

Bug reporting
    If you want to report bugs, please always indicate device variant, Gapps package, Magisk version and Magisk modules installed.

Prerequisites
    Your device must be unlocked and running a custom recovery. Click here if your variant is H870 or US997 and here for H872.

Oreo or Pie bootloader required
    H870: if you are running the latest Stock Pie, there's no need to update your bootloader.
    US997 and H872: if you are running the latest Stock Oreo, there's no need to update your bootloader.
    In case you aren't running those stock versions, you'll need to update your bootloader by flashing the right one for your variant.
    Bootloaders for all LG G6 variants

Android 11 recovery required
    After you unlocked your bootloader and flashed the suggested TWRP version for that specific purpose, you'll need to upgrade your recovery to have A11 support. Old recoveries will not fully work with Android 11.
    TWRP for all LG G6 variiants

Instructions
    - Clean flash is mandatory
    - Backup everything
    - Unlock your device and install TWRP following the prerequisites guides above
    - Update your recovery to the lastest TWRP
    - Update your bootloader if needed (fingerprint reader doesn't work with old bootloaders)
    - Download the latest build and Roar Gapps (only main package, flashing other addons will cause issues)
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
    - Flash the latest build and Roar Gapps Mini Me
    - Magisk (optional)
    - Reboot and enjoy

Downloads
    LineageOS for all LG G6 variants

Debloated builds
    You can flash Gapps & Trash Remover by Cheewaca. All these apps will be removed: AudioFX, Camera2, Contacts, DeskClock, Dialer, Eleven, Email, Etar, ExactCalculator, Exchange, Gallery2, Jelly, Messaging, Recorder, Snap, Updater.

The order for flashing is: ROM + Gapps & Trash Remover + Gapps + Magisk.

You can get the remover here: https://t.me/Gapps_Trash_Remover

Stay up to date
    LG G6 LineageOS Telegram group
    LG G6 Releases

Sources
    LineageOS
    Devices tree and kernel

Thanks
    Thanks to @-Androider- for sharing his work as the previous maintainer. And special thanks to @TheWolfSVK, @dom133 and Cheewaca who are the real brains behind this (sorry if I forgot about someone).

-
    BSG GCam 8.1 (best camera choice)

Our BSG friends are doing an amazing job releasing new versions almost every week.

The below recommended version has been tested and works fine but feel free to download any other.

>> Download recommended MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVs_libs_Eng <<
    · Includes XML config and 3rd party gallery support (among other features).
    · 1/8 slow motion doesn't work but 1/4 works fine.
    · Logging disabled
    · Runs smoother than other builds

BSG Telegram Channel

Build date
    14/06/2021

Lineage changes
    · June security patch
    · More fixes and optimizations

New LineageOS 17.1 builds available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date: 10/08/2020

Changelog:

LineageOS Changes:
    - Android 10.0.0 Release 41
    - New security patch level: 05.08.2020
    - VolumeDialog: Redo expanded volume panel
    - Add APN for Telefonica
    - Calendar: Make use of system theme setting on android 10 (#715)
    - DeskClock: Fix alarm clock screen show black when screen locked
    - Messaging: fix launch screen status bar color
    - Dialer: Fix launch screen status bar color
    - Upstream updates, enhancements and fixes

Device Changes:
    · Removed AudioFX to avoid random reboots while playing video

Kernel Changes:
    · Update WireGuard to version 1.0.20200729

Random reboots while playing video are fixed.

>> Downloads for all LG G6 variants <<
    does H870DS unlock bootloader available?

How is It possible to install this ROM on H870DS? Is It possible to unlock its bootloader now?

Some users got the bin file for unlocking directly from LG. You should join this TG group to get the exact procedure: https://t.me/LGG6BootloaderExploit