[ROM][A11][H870|H870DS|H872|US997] LineageOS 18.1 for LG G6 with microG support [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H872 - US997

Build date

19/02/2021

LineageOS changes
    · Minor fixes and optimizations

Device changes
    · Selinux enforcing
    · Fast charge fixed
    · LGE Settings is back
    · Console notification fixed
    · Widevine back to L3 (Netflix works)

>> Builds for all LG G6 variants <<

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Trash remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:
    Reactions: alexrsj

Jonsnow1470

Oct 12, 2016
    New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H872 - US997

Build date

19/02/2021

LineageOS changes

Device changes
    · Selinux enforcing
    · Fast charge fixed
    · LGE Settings is back
    · Console notification fixed
    · Widevine back to L3 (Netflix works)

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Trash remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.
    is it ok to flash nikgapps instead?

riagriag

Jul 24, 2018
    Thanks for a great build!
    The only thing I'm struggling with is the sd card. It is readable by Sky Hawk recovery, however Lineage just keeps rebooting with inserted sd card. So far formatting it in different file system or leaving it blank didn't change anything. Tested with a 64GB and a 256GB SanDisk card. Both cards don't seem corrupted.
    When I get around to I'll try to find some logs.

I'd like to get involved and I'm only half stupid. The telegram channels are the best way?

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Thanks for a great build!
    The only thing I'm struggling with is the sd card. It is readable by Sky Hawk recovery, however Lineage just keeps rebooting with inserted sd card. So far formatting it in different file system or leaving it blank didn't change anything. Tested with a 64GB and a 256GB SanDisk card. Both cards don't seem corrupted.
    When I get around to I'll try to find some logs.

I'd like to get involved and I'm only half stupid. The telegram channels are the best way?

Sure, send your logs to the TG channel. Strange tho... My sd card is working fine here but we can check what's going on.

pococos

Jul 31, 2019
    Hello everyone,
    I tested the last build, and so far everything is working great but the safety net doesn't pass.
    (Clean flash from orangeFox + Nikk Gapp core + Magisk)

No issue with my SD card.

The only real trouble I have is that Disney + won't install, neither from apk pure nor from the play store.

Thank you for the ROM :)
    Have a great day!

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Hello everyone,
    I tested the last build, and so far everything is working great but the safety net doesn't pass.
    (Clean flash from orangeFox + Nikk Gapp core + Magisk)

No issue with my SD card.

The only real trouble I have is that Disney + won't install, neither from apk pure nor from the play store.

Thank you for the ROM :)
    Have a great day!

You need to enable magisk hide option and hide manager. You'll find both in manager conf.

Reactions: pococos

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    New LineageOS 18.1 (A11) build available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date

23/02/2021

LineageOS changes

Device changes
    · Hotspot fixed on H872, US997
    · Set OpenGL Skia as default render (results in smoother UI)
    · Added H870DS support
    · Fixed Dual Sim support for H870DS

Reactions: osimobile

melkoro

Oct 5, 2016

Build date

23/02/2021

LineageOS changes

Device changes
    · Hotspot fixed on H872, US997
    · Set OpenGL Skia as default render (results in smoother UI)
    · Added H870DS support
    · Fixed Dual Sim support for H870DS

Hello,
    After install, I'm getting the following warning message on startup:

SElinux is disable
    This build was signed with public keys

rossmurray

Nov 27, 2010
    London
    Great release of 18.1 (Android 11). Real smooth and responsive so far. Magisk also just updated to 22.0.

Barclays banking app (version 2.34.7) now throws an error (T0009) re the fingerprint reader. Had been working in Build 20210112. Not observed a similar issue in other apps making use of the fingerprint. All other functionality in the banking app otherwise seems to be OK and it fully passes their internal security.

Tried reinstall and renew fingerprint. Directly messaged the bank. Will update with any developments.

EDIT: On reinstall of Hypercam and trCamera I reproduced this error with Hypercam. Tried refresh of txt file.

Last edited:

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Great release of 18.1 (Android 11). Real smooth and responsive so far. Magisk also just updated to 22.0.

Barclays banking app (version 2.34.7) now throws an error (T0009) re the fingerprint reader. Had been working in Build 20210112. Not observed a similar issue in other apps making use of the fingerprint. All other functionality in the banking app otherwise seems to be OK and it fully passes their internal security.

Tried reinstall and renew fingerprint. Directly messaged the bank. Will update with any developments.

EDIT: On reinstall of Hypercam and trCamera I reproduced this error with Hypercam. Tried refresh of txt file.

I've just updated this post about GCam. The new one is working fine here and may be the best choice for Android 11.

CC @4138

EDIT: I added a new GCam option (BSG)

Last edited:

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires

Build date

24/02/2021

Device changes
    · SELinux enforcing

pococos

Jul 31, 2019
    Hello,

I'm testing the new version and it's really good :) The ROM is super smooth (resolution down to 1080p). I finally think I can keep this phone one more year :D

For the Gcam,
    BSG GCam 8.1
    - Wide OK
    - MainOK
    - Front OK
    Wichaya's GCam 7.3
    - Wide OK
    - MainOK
    - Front KO - > BSG seams better for Android 11

Trash_remover is a real plus, thank you for sharing this with us!
    What I have not tested:
    - Bluetooth + Waze (was buggy on my older ROM Havos 3.9)

I have a question related to Proshot camera app, since the dirty flash (Lineage 18 -> 18.1), I cannont switch anymore to wide / front camera on this specific app.
    Have you encountered this issue already?

I have tried to clear cache, uninstall, reinstall without success.

Thanks for the work :D

Last edited:

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    Hello,

I'm testing the new version and it's really good :) The ROM is super smooth (resolution down to 1080p). I finally think I can keep this phone one more year :D

For the Gcam,
    BSG GCam 8.1
    - Wide OK
    - MainOK
    - Front OK
    Wichaya's GCam 7.3
    - Wide OK
    - MainOK
    - Front KO - > BSG seams better for Android 11

Trash_remover is a real plus, thank you for sharing this with us!
    What I have not tested:
    - Bluetooth + Waze (was buggy on my older ROM Havos 3.9)

I have a question related to Proshot camera app, since the dirty flash (Lineage 18 -> 18.1), I cannont switch anymore to wide / front camera on this specific app.
    Have you encountered this issue already?

I have tried to clear cache, uninstall, reinstall without success.

Thanks for the work :D

Yeah, BSG seems better for A11. Just make sure to fix low volume in videos: go to BSG GCam config > Developer Settings and enable camcorder.stereo.

Waze is buggy itself... Anyway, I guess Google will most likely shut it down once they finish merging everything into Maps. So don't get too attached to it.

I really don't know Proshot camera app, and as it's a paid app I can't test it. Try to see if you can find a setting where you can define each cam number.

iCuba

Dec 26, 2019
    Urgent help pls.
    Unfortunately I installed accidentally the A11 dirty on my LineageOS A10 version.
    Now it wound leaf the boot animation and return to Sky Hawk.
    I need the photos from my crypted SD-Card. Thats all..

Feb 18, 2021
    I'm not having any luck with Android Auto. Says test app or something. SD card works for me along with most everything else I've tried. I don't use a lot of apps, but all I have are woking fine.

bernardobas

• Jan 1, 2016
    Buenos Aires
    I'm not having any luck with Android Auto. Says test app or something. SD card works for me along with most everything else I've tried. I don't use a lot of apps, but all I have are woking fine.

Android Auto seems to work on the latest internal test build. Please, test again after the next release and let me know what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Build date
      26/05/2021

Lineage changes
      · PowerMenuActions: Add emergency option
      · Power menu actions settings are back
      · Power menu customizations for R
      · Dialer: use black/white navigation colors
      · Bluetooth: follow system theme in dialogs
      · Fix multi-user awareness
      · Apns: Add AT&T 310-280 ids
      · Remove Bluetooth related text from DNS-dialog
      · Trebuchet: Set 5x6 grid to 5 hotseat icons
      · Fix voicemail for Bouygues Telecom France
      · Add strings for "Disabled" + wake on pick-up
      · Snap: reduce unneeded animations
      · Snap: add QR scanner mode
      · Snap: update promode icons
      · Snap: use nicer icons in settings
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Telecom
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Unicom
      · Apns: Enable IPV6 for China Mobile
      · Settings: Make setup wizard go through ChooseLockPatternSize if needed
      · Settings: Make FRP go through ChooseLockPatternSize if needed
      · Settings: Remove hardcoded extras from ChooseLockPatternSize
      · Snap: use translucent control background on 16:9
      · Apns: Add Kena Mobile entries
      · Apns: Update PosteMobile entries
      · Apns: Add ho.mobile configs
      · Apns: Update CoopVoce entries
      · More fixes and optimizations

Device changes
      Due to own hardware issues I cannot use or event test V30 camera and sensor blobs. All future builds will include V20J blobs.
      · Camera and sensors blobs back to V20J
      · Optimize mic input level during regular phone calls using loudspeaker

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.

Build date
      28/05/2021

Device changes
      **Device changes**
      · Camera and sensors blobs back to V30x to fix focus

For those already running Lineage 18.1 with Roar Gapps who prefer dirty flashing: first wipe dalvik, system, cache and then flash ROM, Gapps & Trash Remover (optional), Roar Gapps, Magisk (optional). Additional links are listed in the first post of this thread.
      There hasn't been significant changes that could be overheating or draining the battey.

Could be due to an app you installed lately.
      You may be right, probably it's caused by Microsoft Edge as it causes processor to run at 100% even when running in background. Closing the app manually solves this problem, but I have to test it for some time to be sure.
      Is it normal that my device appears as not rooted for apps after flashing this rom? I have to install magisk and only then apps like Smartpack Kernel Manager works well.

Yes, it's normal. The rom is not pre rooted.
      attachment.php

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

What's working?
      WiFi
      RIL
      Mobile data
      GPS
      Camera
      Flashlight
      Camcorder
      Bluetooth
      Fingerprint reader
      NFC
      Flashlight
      Sound
      Vibration
      microG support

Known issues
      - VoLTE doesn't work. LG uses a proprietary implementation of VoLTE that is not compliant with AOSP. Fixable? Probably not.
      - Encryption doesn't work

Bug reporting
      If you want to report bugs, please always indicate device variant, Gapps package, Magisk version and Magisk modules installed.

Prerequisites
      Your device must be unlocked and running a custom recovery. Click here if your variant is H870 or US997 and here for H872.

Oreo or Pie bootloader required
      H870: if you are running the latest Stock Pie, there's no need to update your bootloader.
      US997 and H872: if you are running the latest Stock Oreo, there's no need to update your bootloader.
      In case you aren't running those stock versions, you'll need to update your bootloader by flashing the right one for your variant.
      Bootloaders for all LG G6 variants

Android 11 recovery required
      After you unlocked your bootloader and flashed the suggested TWRP version, you'll need to upgrade your recovery to have A11 support. Old recoveries will not work with Android 11. OrangeFox and SkyHawk are both TWRP based and are fully compatible with this rom. You can flash them like any other ZIP (no need to unzip). Once flashed, you can use the "reboot to recovery" option to start flashing the rest of the packages.
      OrangeFox Recovery
      SkyHawk Recovery

Instructions
      - Clean flash is mandatory
      - Backup everything
      - Unlock your device and install TWRP following the prerequisites guides above
      - Update your recovery to the latest OrangeFox or SkyHawk (otherwise flashing Android 11 based roms will fail). They are flasheable ZIPs, no need to unzip
      - Update your bootloader if needed (fingerprint reader doesn't work with old bootloaders)
      - Download the latest build and Roar Gapps (Mini Me package is mandatory, other packages will cause issues)
      - Reboot to recovery
      - Wipe system, data, cache, dalvik
      - Flash the latest build and Roar Gapps Mini Me
      - Magisk (optional)
      - Reboot and enjoy

Downloads
      LineageOS for all LG G6 variants

Debloated builds
      You can flash Gapps & Trash Remover by Cheewaca. All these apps will be removed: AudioFX, Camera2, Contacts, DeskClock, Dialer, Eleven, Email, Etar, ExactCalculator, Exchange, Gallery2, Jelly, Messaging, Recorder, Snap, Updater.

The order for flashing is: ROM + Gapps & Trash Remover + Gapps + Magisk.

You can get the remover here: https://t.me/Gapps_Trash_Remover

Stay up to date
      LG G6 ThinQ Community
      LG G6 ThinQ Releases
      The real devs are there!!!

Sources
      LineageOS
      Devices tree and kernel

Thanks
      Thanks to @-Androider- for sharing his work as the previous maintainer. And special thanks to @TheWolfSVK, @dom133 and Cheewaca who are the real brains behind this (sorry if I forgot about someone).

-
      BSG GCam 8.1 (best camera choice)

Our BSG friends are doing an amazing job releasing new versions almost every week.

The below recommended version has been tested and works fine but feel free to download any other.

>> Download recommended MGC_8.1.101_A9_PVs_libs_Eng <<
      · Includes XML config and 3rd party gallery support (among other new features).
      · 1/8 slow motion doesn't work but 1/4 works fine.
      · Logging disabled
      · Runs smoother than other builds

BSG Telegram Channel
      New LineageOS 17.1 builds available for H870 - H870DS - H872 - US997

Build date: 10/08/2020

Changelog:

LineageOS Changes:
      - Android 10.0.0 Release 41
      - New security patch level: 05.08.2020
      - VolumeDialog: Redo expanded volume panel
      - Add APN for Telefonica
      - Calendar: Make use of system theme setting on android 10 (#715)
      - DeskClock: Fix alarm clock screen show black when screen locked
      - Messaging: fix launch screen status bar color
      - Dialer: Fix launch screen status bar color
      - Upstream updates, enhancements and fixes

Device Changes:
      · Removed AudioFX to avoid random reboots while playing video

Kernel Changes:
      · Update WireGuard to version 1.0.20200729

Random reboots while playing video are fixed.

>> Downloads for all LG G6 variants <<
      does H870DS unlock bootloader available?

How is It possible to install this ROM on H870DS? Is It possible to unlock its bootloader now?

Some users got the bin file for unlocking directly from LG. You should join this TG group to get the exact procedure: https://t.me/LGG6BootloaderExploit

Build date

30/03/2021

Device changes
      · Fixed Vulkan support
      · Complete RIL rework and update
      · Introduced new AIDL Power HAL
      · Updated Perf, Media, GPS blobs
      · Updated Camera blobs from V30B
      · Added support for Call Screening
      · New sound mixer

Kernel changes
      · Thermal changes

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone