• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread
I checked out the App Locker bug reported by @ppogra - AL works perfectly with the search function in Lawnchair 11-5, as suggested by @yash_patil2k5.

With Pixel Launcher, the AL biometric screen pops up, but is immediately replaced by the keyboard, confirming the reported bug in that launcher search function.

App locker itself is a bit tricky - it interferes with authentication in some security-conscious apps which try to log in to a server automatically. That is an Android problem, not a Derpfest issue.

Not a deal-breaker, I think. Lawnchair 11 is a good option with this DerpFest OS, whether or not you use App locker with the search function.
Nice👌I recommend lawnchair too. It's smoother than pixel launcher... Also has nice nice features

abyshek

Oct 14, 2015
Hi @yash_patil2k5, thanks for this amazing ROM. I really appreciate the level of customization available in this ROM. I also appreciate you taking pains to fix bugs and release regular updates. That is the sign of a great ROM and developer. The ROM is really smooth and mostly stable. I have been using this ROM for a week now and have come across a couple of issues. So, I thought to point out them here in case you may want to address them:

1. Phone randomly shut down while I was in WhatsApp video call. I had been on the call for around half an hour and the phone randomly shut down.

2. Sometime, keypad does not appear (or only half visible) while trying to unlock from the lock screen. Also, it seems strange that the whole android keyboard appears instead of just the number pad. I am not sure if there is a way to just have the number pad instead of whole alpha-numeric keyboard on the lock screen.

3. Video recording in the GCam does not work. It always throws Camera error - Can't connect to the camera. I tried both HAL versions but in vain. Can you please look into this?

Other than this, this is a great ROM to be used as a daily driver. Thanks a ton for this Yash. Much appreciate your passion for Sakura.. :)

Hi @yash_patil2k5, thanks for this amazing ROM. I really appreciate the level of customization available in this ROM. I also appreciate you taking pains to fix bugs and release regular updates. That is the sign of a great ROM and developer. The ROM is really smooth and mostly stable. I have been using this ROM for a week now and have come across a couple of issues. So, I thought to point out them here in case you may want to address them:

1. Phone randomly shut down while I was in WhatsApp video call. I had been on the call for around half an hour and the phone randomly shut down.

2. Sometime, keypad does not appear (or only half visible) while trying to unlock from the lock screen. Also, it seems strange that the whole android keyboard appears instead of just the number pad. I am not sure if there is a way to just have the number pad instead of whole alpha-numeric keyboard on the lock screen.

3. Video recording in the GCam does not work. It always throws Camera error - Can't connect to the camera. I tried both HAL versions but in vain. Can you please look into this?

Other than this, this is a great ROM to be used as a daily driver. Thanks a ton for this Yash. Much appreciate your passion for Sakura.. :)
Hii, thanks for feedback
So the whatsapp video call and gcam issue you talking about is because of the camera stuff we're using
So our camera stuff comes from android 9 xiaomi and currently derpfest is on android 11.which means our camera stuff is two android versions old and we can't update it to newer android versions cause we don't have it's source code... There are other devs working on bringing up source code for our camera but it's wip and they aren't successful yet. Till then you'll have to live with those issues in a11 or maybe switch to a a10 rom

Also about the gcam, try other gcams. The issue of video not working is probably issue with your gcam, send me a message in inbox and I'll send you a nice gcam in which basic things work(sakura has a weird camera so not everything will work)
And about the keyboard, which keyboard are you using? I use SwiftKey keyboard and I have no such issues...

abyshek

Oct 14, 2015
Hii, thanks for feedback
So the whatsapp video call and gcam issue you talking about is because of the camera stuff we're using
So our camera stuff comes from android 9 xiaomi and currently derpfest is on android 11.which means our camera stuff is two android versions old and we can't update it to newer android versions cause we don't have it's source code... There are other devs working on bringing up source code for our camera but it's wip and they aren't successful yet. Till then you'll have to live with those issues in a11 or maybe switch to a a10 rom

Also about the gcam, try other gcams. The issue of video not working is probably issue with your gcam, send me a message in inbox and I'll send you a nice gcam in which basic things work(sakura has a weird camera so not everything will work)
And about the keyboard, which keyboard are you using? I use SwiftKey keyboard and I have no such issues...
Hi Yash,

Sure, I will send you a DM for a better GCam that at least records video (i am not much concerned with the quality)

For keyboard, I have tried GBoard and SwiftKey. I am attaching the screenshot of what I get. After a few attempts, I get the option to select one of the keyboards..

Keyboard_Lockscreen.jpeg

abyshek

Oct 14, 2015
Hi @yash_patil2k5 , I have been using this ROM as a daily driver for a while now. I have been getting feedback from my callers that my voice echoes at their end. It has happened to many people who have called me. Did you also hear such issues from others?

Hi @yash_patil2k5 , I have been using this ROM as a daily driver for a while now. I have been getting feedback from my callers that my voice echoes at their end. It has happened to many people who have called me. Did you also hear such issues from others?
Hey, no i have no such issues and nobody reported any such issues so far. I suspect it's issue from your side... There's mic issue in some voip calls like in telegram voice chat but in call mic works totally fine...

ppogra

Sep 9, 2014
Indore
The latest update works fine. Thanks.

Using the latest build of 15 September.
hey google/Ok google is not working. I have also checked under google app-> voice-> Voice Match-> Ok google is disabled

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2FBwjMFZQ%2Fderpfest-wallpaper-02-1-1.jpg

Code:
    [B]**** Disclaimer: I'm not responsible if you destroy your device. Use at your own risk!!! ****[/B]
    about.png

Some newbies working together to bring you a Custom ROM that incorporates the best features around and longs to support the community with its own unique features and contributions.

team.png

Alexander Brunswig
    David Setiawan

features.png

Theming
    - Styles Configuration Menu
    - 4 System Icon Shapes
    - 43 System Fonts
    - 7 Primary Colors (Backgrund Colors)
    - 6 Lockscreen Clock Styles
    - Grid
    - Wallpaper Picker
    - RGB Accent Picker
    - Rounded Corners

Statusbar
    - System Icons
    - StatusBar Logo
    - Network Traffic Display
    - Battery Percent Show/Hide Config
    - Show Clock
    - Show Date
    - Ticker(Beta)
    - Carrier Label Settings

Quick Settings
    - Statusbar Pulldown (Left/Right)
    - QS Opacity & Color Configs
    - QS Backround Image Blur
    - Brightness Slider
    - Tiles Area
    - Footers Area
    - Header Area

Buttons
    - NavBar (Enable/Disable)
    - Screen Off Power Button Torch
    - Volume Settings
    - Hardware Keys
    - Prevent Accidential Touch
    - Enable On-Screen Navbar
    - Enable backlight
    -Hardware Keys Customisation

Gestures
    - AOSP Gestures
    - Back Gesture Height Config
    - Toggle To Hide Navbar Pill
    - Double Tap To Sleep Status Bar
    - Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    - Three Finger Swipe To Screenshot

Lockscreen
    - Fingerprint Authentication Vibration Toggle
    - Ambient Brightness
    - Lock Screen Shortcuts
    - Status bar visibility toggle
    - Hide LockScreen Icon
    - Lockscreen Charging Info
    - Show Battery Bar
    - Clock/Date/Owner Info Options
    - Lock Screen Music Visualizer
    - Lock Screen Media Artwork Configs

PowerMenu
    - Disable PowerMenu When Locked
    - Power Menu Items

Notifications
    - Notification Light
    - Battery Charging Light
    - Charging Animations
    - Show Gentle Notifications
    - Force Expanded Notifications
    - Edge Lighting
    - Noisy Notifications
    - In Call Vibration Options

Animations
    - Animation Duration
    - Disable Transition Animations
    - ListView Animations

Miscellaneous
    - Wake On Charge
    - Brightness Control
    - Signature Spoofing Support
    - Time In State Monitor
    - Doze Settings

report.png

1. DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    2. Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    3. If it is a random reboot, grab dmesg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    4. If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    5. Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues.

source.png

website.png

download.png

install.png

Get TWRP (Official is recommended)
    Boot into official TWRP and Flash the ROM, Magisk, or any other mods u want (again, don't report bugs if you can't reproduce them with just ROM and GApps)
    Gapps are included in the rom so no need to install
    Reboot into the system, and enjoy the DerpFest!

bug.png

- None Currently
    - Any other? Report me with proper logs

credit.png

AOSIP (They Are The Reason Why We Exist)
    Google for Android and AOSP
    LineageOS
    AICP
    ABC ROM
    PixelExperience
    OmniROM
    AquariOS
    BootleggersROM

---------
    Any others we may have forgotten to credit
    And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Screen-Shots

Changelogs: 8 August 2021:

• Added fps info qs tile
    • Fixed voip call mic on speakers(discord, telegram voice chat, meet, etc etc)
    • Updated audio configs
    • September Security Patch
    • Enforcing user build with safetynet passing by default

Source Changelogs: here
    Bugs

On Android 11:
    • None as of now, do let me know if u get any
    • Encryption is untested but it probably wont work
    None
    A little bit of confusing when the screen show backup from old android phone ... This minor change makes me confusing and need to re-flash for the second time to get my phone recovery from backup

The setup wizard comes from google, we gotta blame google for doing that ;p. tho its not that hard... if u press do not copy while it shows copy from old phone then it will prompt you to add google account from which u can restore data too u can also skip adding the account ✌
    Yeah, it is known bug... It will be fixed in coming updates, stay tuned ;)