• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][A11][OFFICIAL][MIATOLL] crDroid 7.1 Alpha release

Search This thread
Hey guys, could anybody explain to me what joyeuse, curtana, and miatoll mean? I've been searching the forums for a few days, but I can't find a straight answer. I understand that they are "models" of the Redmi Note 9, but I don't understand which one corresponds to which, and what are the differences. Also because, some of those names seem to correspond to more than one model.

Sorry for the basic question, but again, searching the forum yielded no satisfactory result.
What is MiAtoll?

Xiaomi released a good number of devices with SDM720G SoC, they also have same display, dimensions, battery capacity, similar cameras, etc.

So, a LineageOS developer (Cosmin) who got the device, made unified trees for those devices!

Miatoll devices:
• Redmi Note 9S - Curtana
• Redmi Note 9Pro India - Curtana
• Redmi Note 9Pro Global - Joyeuse
• Redmi Note 9Pro Max India - Excalibur
• POCO M2 Pro - Gram

So unified nomenclature goes as:
Mi : Xiaomi (Redmi , Poco)
Atoll : Snapdragon 720G (Platform)

i attached the log as txt.

Formatting Data didn't helped
Gapps are not installed
Entering an WiFi-hotspot was working. WiFi was also workin in 6.11.

*edit: well, i tried to attache the file, but xda doesnt allow me. And as code-quote it's to long according xda -.-
Now it's uploaded in my own space: *klick me pls*
5ghz issue does not appear to be a problem in the next update tested by me and my testers, let me know if it works after i post the update please

Reactions: heyadmwutanime

heyadmwutanime

May 22, 2020
Soneone tried the update?

Done it and now the phone only reboots into Recovery. How can I make it boot to crDroid?
Flashing 7.1 and crDroid is booting. Why can't 7.2 boot at all?! Damn.

Last edited:

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
This is for me actually the best Android 11 Rom for our Device. The only Thing i found is in Navigation Buttons Section. If you choose "Kill Foreground App" as Long press Option, the App stays alive in Background. So i had to install Gravity Box and now this works also.
Thank You

I have still the WiFi-issue and can provide some more informations:

WPA2 + WPA3 is not working
WPA2 (CCMP) is working

Android 10 is working with WiFi (WPA2 + WPA3)
all customRoms on Android 11 i tried are not working with WiFi (WPA2 + WPA3)

fritz!box 7530
fritz!os 07.21
WLAN-Standard:
11ac (WiFi 5) 5 GHz

MatLog?

I'm looking forward and keep my fingers crossed

heyadmwutanime

May 22, 2020
Last edited:

RayDeemer

Dec 14, 2017
Vienna
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm interested in joyeuse and crDroid as daily drivers. I'm still confused about the Redmi 9 codenames: miatoll is Redmi 9s but this ROM will work well also for Redmi Note 9 Pro (EU) = joyeuse ?

Miatoll is the compatibile base for the whole Redmi Note 9 Serie and also Poco M2.
That means, if a Rom is Miatoll Coded, it runs on all Note 9 Devices.

Reactions: ChriMo

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
I have installed crdroid 7.2 with Firmware 12.02 and MicroG and Lawnchair as Launcher. Now everytime i get a call, the System UI crashes and i have to restart the phone. Could anybody help wit this?

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
Miatoll is the compatibile base for the whole Redmi Note 9 Serie and also Poco M2.
That means, if a Rom is Miatoll Coded, it runs on all Note 9 Devices.
Miatoll is the codename for Xiaomi phones with Snapdragon 720G processor: Redmi Note 9s, Redmi Note 9 Pro, Redmi Note 9 Pro (Global), Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, Poco M2 Pro (curtana, joyeuse, excalibur, gram).

Reactions: RayDeemer

kongkrog

Nov 20, 2020
I'm using crdroid 7.2 miatoll on my curtana device and it's running smoothly with no bug found yet.
Looking forward to more update!

Can you add support for xinput controller, I like using them a lot to play game on my phone. I'm using xbox 360 controller with OTG. It used to work on Evolution X rom but after a reset the controller just.. stopped, that's why I changed my rom.

Top Liked Posts