henloboii

Aug 16, 2020
Hong Kong
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
  • Flash OrangeFox Recovery as provided
  • Wipe Dalvik, Cache, Internal storage and Data
  • Flash ROM
  • Reboot system
  • Reboot recovery again after setup, and flash Gapps and Magisk if you need them.

Update installation:
  • Note : If you're coming from crDroid 7.2, you are highly advised to clean flash.
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the OTA
  • Re-flash Magisk, Gapps, etc. If you need them
  • Reboot system

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: https://github.com/JamieHoSzeYui/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6250

Download:
ROM HERE
Changelog: HERE

Known issues:
FPS Tile in QS
More? You tell me with logs

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid miatoll Telegram
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Last edited:

henloboii

Aug 16, 2020
Hong Kong
Changelogs :
=== 20210320 ===
- Overlay changes
- Drop MIUI Camera that was blocking camera from other 3rd party apps
- Enable smart pixels
- etc etc.

Last edited:

kongkrog

Nov 20, 2020
I just updated from 7.2 to 7.3 and it's absolutely awesome.

I have been looking for a rom only for this sole reason but every single rom I went through just have that OTG kernel bug (android 11) that prevent the controller to connect to the phone. Unforturnately, it happens with this rom, too. When the rom is installed, it works, then after a single reboot, it refuses to receive any OTG devices (including controllers)

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed this by shutting down the phone completely and then power on with the OTG plugged in instead of rebooting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210211-085149_Clock.png
    Screenshot_20210211-085149_Clock.png
    100.7 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
Reactions: henloboii

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
Installed yesterday on my joyeuse, I lost only 1% battery at night (91% -> 90%). WOW!
Thank you for keeping this rom development alive for our phone. 👏

EL_GhouL

Mar 10, 2014
Hello. Does anyone else have problems with GPS? I have two devices that are experiencing issues:
- Redmi Note 4X, currently on crDroid 7.2. Apps like OSM, weather cannot find location at all. Updated to crDroid 7.3 — same.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro, currently on crDroid 7.3. Some apps (Sygic, GPSTest) take a loooong time to get a fix (latest attempt in GPSTest said '370 sec') and other apps (OSM, weather) cannot get a fix at all.

What could I do to fix this?
Thank you

Last edited:

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
Hello. Does anyone else have problems with GPS? I have two devices that are experiencing issues:
- Redmi Note 4X, currently on crDroid 7.2. Apps like OSM, weather cannot find location at all. Updated to crDroid 7.3 — same.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro, currently on crDroid 7.3. Some apps (Sygic, GPSTest) take a loooong time to get a fix (latest attempt in GPSTest said '370 sec') and other apps (OSM, weather) cannot get a fix at all.

Thank you
Redmi note 9pro eu (joyeuse), crdroid 7.3, GPS test app, get a fix in few seconds. Maybe firmware? Try to flash latest firmware.

celrau

Mar 24, 2013

Thank you
Redmi note 9s GpsTest on first run takes 6 seconds (subsequently it is faster) so it must be firmware. Make sure you test outside.

EL_GhouL

Mar 10, 2014
Thank you for your suggestions.
When I just got the phone (while waiting for bootloader unlock) I installed the latest MIUI update. I suspect that it should have updated firmware too.
Any way I've now installed V12.0.2.0.QJZEUXM from here https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/joyeuse/
And things haven't changed much. Sygic seems to be able to get a fix faster, GPS testing apps get first fix somewhere between 6 and 12 seconds — that's all an improvement. Yet OSMAnd, weather widget, and even google's "Find my phone" cannot get location at all.
I'm still lost :)

kongkrog

Nov 20, 2020
So, sometimes there's this wallpaper glitch out whenever I quit an application, it reverts back to normal when I turn off then turn on the screen.
I don't really know if this is rom or app related.

Two images: the glitched out wallpaper and the normal one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210213-175406_crDroid_Home.png
    Screenshot_20210213-175406_crDroid_Home.png
    609.4 KB · Views: 408
  • Screenshot_20210213-175612_crDroid_Home.png
    Screenshot_20210213-175612_crDroid_Home.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 413
Last edited:

Arfoid

Dec 20, 2019
Hello, so yesterday have installed the rom. I went to havoc to this one, and everything went great. The installation was smooth, the phone booted up really quick, all the settings was working fine, the only thing I found out was that when I restart the phone, the data connection has to be turned off, and then on again. Other than that, I was thinking that everything will be fine, but I was wrong. This morning I found the device totally blocked. Black screen, didn't want to turn on at all... I had to try a few times to turn off/on the phone. I really like the rom, is fast, looks good, and would like to keep it. Any idea?

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
Hello, so yesterday have installed the rom. I went to havoc to this one, and everything went great. The installation was smooth, the phone booted up really quick, all the settings was working fine, the only thing I found out was that when I restart the phone, the data connection has to be turned off, and then on again. Other than that, I was thinking that everything will be fine, but I was wrong. This morning I found the device totally blocked. Black screen, didn't want to turn on at all... I had to try a few times to turn off/on the phone. I really like the rom, is fast, looks good, and would like to keep it. Any idea?
I would flash it again (make sure you format data), I had the data issue too but I reset it and since then everything is good.

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
My only issue with this rom (just got the device, might be something common to all '11 roms) is the encryption by default. I flashed a zi that removed encryption but for some reason MicroG didn't work properly afterwards so I let it be encrypted.

Arfoid

Dec 20, 2019
I would flash it again (make sure you format data), I had the data issue too but I reset it and since then everything is good.
I will probably flash it again, just first want to see if it will do it again. I saw there is a MatLog app running all the time (don't even know why is there), and yesterday I have disabled it, and want to see if this is the cause. Will let you know.

henloboii

Aug 16, 2020
Hong Kong
I will probably flash it again, just first want to see if it will do it again. I saw there is a MatLog app running all the time (don't even know why is there), and yesterday I have disabled it, and want to see if this is the cause. Will let you know.

MatLog app shouldn't be the cause. MatLog is a logging tool for development purposes (a logger that logs system events so users can easily report bugs to developers without a PC to run adb logcat).

Also, to address your issue, please give logs if possible, so I can fix the problem for everyone.

EL_GhouL

Mar 10, 2014

Thank you

I think I have fixed the problem for Note 9 Pro. It seems that it had something to do with NikGapps-core. I've ended up:
- formatting 'data'
- reinstalling crDroid
- installing NikGapps-*basic* (larger package than just 'core')

All location services are working now. Yes, I've gotten more Google bloatware, but oh well :)

Arfoid

Dec 20, 2019
MatLog app shouldn't be the cause. MatLog is a logging tool for development purposes (a logger that logs system events so users can easily report bugs to developers without a PC to run adb logcat).

Also, to address your issue, please give logs if possible, so I can fix the problem for everyone.

Hello and thank you for the reply. Yes I understood what the MatLog app is doing so no issues there, but the phone did not froze anymore so I cannot send you any log. It seems everything is working well. The only issue I have found, with the stock launcher, when you use the 2 button navigation, the swipe up to open the app drawer is a bit buggy, but this is not an issue. Other than that, everything is working well so far. :)

Top Liked Posts