[ROM][A11][OFFICIAL][MIATOLL] crDroid 7.4 Alpha release

Search This thread

DarthJabba9

May 5, 2014
Greater London
Please steps to avoid encryption? 👍
This is not recommended. I'm sure you know the risk of walking around with an unencrypted device.

But if you insist on remaining unencrypted, then, if you are using OrangeFox, format data, reboot OrangeFox, tick "Disabled forced encryption" in the "OTA & ROM" settings page, and then flash your ROM. If an error is displayed by the "Disable forced encryption" process, then you need to try another ROM (some ROMs are fine with this mod, and some just return an error (usually because the system and/or vendor partitions are locked by the ROM in read-only mode).

If you are lucky and the newly flashed ROM allows the system/vendor partition to be patched, then you can reboot to system and hopefully the device will remain unencrypted. And then anybody who gets his hands on your phone can do anything with your personal data.

Reactions: mostapha212

Jas Grover

Apr 12, 2014
All ROMs will encrypt the device - unless you take deliberate steps to prevent that from happening.
and what are those steps? the mentioned KOutility procedure aint the same, even the file name differs from the one given in tutorial(in telegraph) and those steps mentioned at last differ too!

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
and what are those steps? the mentioned KOutility procedure aint the same, even the file name differs from the one given in tutorial(in telegraph) and those steps mentioned at last differ too!
Sorry to give my word, but If you want to go unencrypted, just delete your password pin in settings.
at the end Result is the same in case you loose your phone. if security of your data is not a concern.

xda-nick

Apr 2, 2020
Hi,
I successfully installed the ROM, GApps and Magisk today. I then installed GPay. When trying to start it, it asks to grant SMS permissions to GooglePlay Services. But when I do this, they don't stay this way and get immediately revoked again. What can I do? Thx in advance.
Edit: I've found the solution here.

Last edited:

Rosario Yeet

Feb 27, 2021
Chicago IL USA
Hello there, I will say that this is an amazing ROM and I really want to use it as my daily, but I do have one very signifcant flaw with it: I can't make phone calls on either the stock dialer or the Google Dialer. I've tried both openGApps and nikgapps with no success. The dialer works and I can recieve calls, but I can't dial and make them without the dialer automatically hanging up on it. anyone got an answer for this one?

_GCS_

Feb 28, 2021
Hello, everything works fine, thanks for this awesome ROM.! I don't know if it is just me but I think this ROM felt a little bit slower then MIUI and Havoc OS

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @henloboii

Excellent ROM. I am so impressed; I want to make it my daily driver ASAP!

One problem: No Ear speaker on calls

The speakerphone speaker is invoked, therefore a "private" call can not be made without a headset. When invoking "speakerphone," the same speaker is used (although perhaps a little louder).

This is on miatoll (joyuese, specifically -- tried on 2 different units). I flashed the newest firmware ( fw_joyeuse_miui_JOYEUSEEEAGlobal_V12.0.2.0.QJZEUXM_53af718a4c_10.0.zip ) before your rom. Also, data was formatted and all wipes recommended by you were performed.

This issue seems to be plaguing a lot of ROMs based/derived from AOSP 11 / LOS 18.x [ I have heard and experienced other A-11 calling issues too, like "blocked" long distance calls. ]

Please see my post in the LOS18.1 thread for the comparison "research" I undertook yesterday and today.

I hope you can address this soon.

Please advise if there is anything I can do to help (testing, for example -- I am not an Android developer).

hamed_66

Jan 17, 2009
hi i flash this rom but reset and get to custom recovery
whats my wrong way ?
why cant flash this rom
my mobile is redmi note 9s miui global 12.0.3 stable
android version is 10 qkq1.191212.002

Rosario Yeet

Feb 27, 2021
Chicago IL USA
Hi @henloboii

Excellent ROM. I am so impressed; I want to make it my daily driver ASAP!

One problem: No Ear speaker on calls

The speakerphone speaker is invoked, therefore a "private" call can not be made without a headset. When invoking "speakerphone," the same speaker is used (although perhaps a little louder).

This is on miatoll (joyuese, specifically -- tried on 2 different units). I flashed the newest firmware ( fw_joyeuse_miui_JOYEUSEEEAGlobal_V12.0.2.0.QJZEUXM_53af718a4c_10.0.zip ) before your rom. Also, data was formatted and all wipes recommended by you were performed.

This issue seems to be plaguing a lot of ROMs based/derived from AOSP 11 / LOS 18.x [ I have heard and experienced other A-11 calling issues too, like "blocked" long distance calls.

I'm also on joyeuse and every A11 ROM out there has had either an instant-hang up issue with the dialer - regardless of which gapps are used - OR the call automatically gets stuck on speakerphone. Because of this, I also had to deal with a crappy roommate eavesdropping on my conversations. Can you say, awkward? haha

vlouis

Dec 2, 2017
hi i flash this rom but reset and get to custom recovery
whats my wrong way ?
why cant flash this rom
my mobile is redmi note 9s miui global 12.0.3 stable
android version is 10 qkq1.191212.002
I'm using this rom, stable, great battery...
To install try this:
Use latest orangefox recovery.
Flash crdroid 7.3 rom
Flash gapps (I flashed opengapps pico)
Flash magisk (if you need root)
Wipe cache (will appear when flash complete, don't reboot to system yet)
FORMAT DATA PARTITION (!will wipe internal storage too!)
Reboot to system

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @Rosario Yeet

I'm also on joyeuse and every A11 ROM out there has had either an instant-hang up issue with the dialer - regardless of which gapps are used - OR the call automatically gets stuck on speakerphone. Because of this, I also had to deal with a crappy roommate eavesdropping on my conversations. Can you say, awkward? haha

Thanks for confirming this. I thought I was going crazy!

I extensively documented my experiences here.

Right under my post, @jack1969 mentions having luck with MSM-Xtended-5 which contravenes my experience.

Have you found a solution yet?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone