• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][A12][GAPPS] XTENDED XS-First-Blood [Oneplus 5 & 5T][ 11 Dec 2021 ]

Search This thread

AxBW

Jul 22, 2014
Strange... I tried installing Google Photos (from the Play Store) and seems to work fine for me. It's behaving as expected...
Screenshots below.

Any idea how we can replicate your issue?
That's strange indeed! Is your data partition encrypted? Mine is, I wonder if that's the reason why!? I glanced at logcat output and I did see an entry about encryption, I'll have to spend a few minutes to going through the logs and see if I can find the cause. Thanks for confirming ROM is not really the culprit!

Reactions: thkgop001

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience, it made me realize I'm not the only one to suffer! I'd already tried those methods and the app I tried to restore would always hang.

I wanted to manually restore the data, but I couldn't since I had the TB backup encrypted! After searching online for a tool that could decrypt TB backup, I found TiBUdecrypter which successfully decrypted it and I manually copied data over after installing the app from Play Store. I noted down the numeric owner ID of the data and cache after installing the app, deleted the data and cache, copied from backup, finally changed the numeric owner ID. That did the trick and the app is working fine!👍😄

I think it's time for me to move on to Migrate as I've had trouble restoring data every time I flash ROMs!

Glad to contribute.

Nice work around for TiTa - I'd never have thought of that.

Cheers for sharing!

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
That's strange indeed! Is your data partition encrypted? Mine is, I wonder if that's the reason why!? I glanced at logcat output and I did see an entry about encryption, I'll have to spend a few minutes to going through the logs and see if I can find the cause. Thanks for confirming ROM is not really the culprit!
You might be on to something....
I'm not encrypted.

Can anyone else that's encrypted confirm that Google Photos isn't working?

Or if decrypted, that Google Photos works fine?

AxBW

Jul 22, 2014
I'm not encrypted.

I followed through the logcat output and stumbled upon a line that clearly said Google Photos depends on Google Camera! I had Google Camera app installed from Play 8, but it wasn't working. So, I downloaded and installed NGCsm along with DotFix and voila! Damned thing is working just fine now!

Therefore, encryption wasn't the culprit, rather Google Photos needs Google Camera to work! Hope it helps anyone with similar problem!

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
I followed through the logcat output and stumbled upon a line that clearly said Google Photos depends on Google Camera! I had Google Camera app installed from Play 8, but it wasn't working. So, I downloaded and installed NGCsm along with DotFix and voila! Damned thing is working just fine now!

Therefore, encryption wasn't the culprit, rather Google Photos needs Google Camera to work! Hope it helps anyone with similar problem!
Wow, that's an excellent find...
Google and its dependencies 🤔
Thanks for the share!

mukesh22584

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 5T
Hello Everyone,

We're here again with brand new update of Xtended XS-v2,

ROM Changelog: HERE
Device Changelog: HERE
Downloads : MSM Xtended XS-v2
One of the best way to report issue : Click HERE

• GApps already included.
  • Follow proper flashing instructions.
  • Don't report issue without logs.
  • Please refresh your browser if not showing latest build.
  • Please share your feedback and reviews.
  • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build.

Best Regards
Team Xtended

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
Hello Everyone,

• Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build.

Best Regards
Team Xtended

Timely release for a weekend to flash and test... Thank you Team and keep up the great work!

Cheers

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
Timely release for a weekend to flash and test... Thank you Team and keep up the great work!

Cheers
Flawless dirty flash and rock solid performance so far...kudos to the team.

One small issue that's barely significant: under Status Bar - - > Status Bar Logo, if the Xtended logo is alteady on and if toggling to switch off, one needs to restart the phone for the icon to disappear.

Kernel is great on this build and the previous one... Amazing battery life.
And the customisations are just getting better with every release.

Thank you so much Team!

Reactions: mukesh22584

gecko8k

Apr 6, 2016
Thank you for a great Android 12 Rom, I really like it and use it as my daily driver.

One humble request. Please make the Rom identify as not-rooted to apps like MitID and NemID. These two apps are mandatory to all adults in Denmark where I live since they are used to log in to all banking and public self service. I do not have root but right now the apps refuse to function because they see the phone as rooted. I know it is a very specific request but I figure other apps could benefit from it too. It worked flawlessly in Xtended XR/11 so I hope it is a relatively easy fix in XS/12.

How to reproduce:
1) Download the apps
2) Run them
3) Get an error message saying the device is insecure

Edit 1: Logcat for MitID refusing to function: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1unv1NTMorh_krD3dYvViPUVyL9EBvuDS/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First blood was already acceptable daily driver. V2 so far solves all main issues I had before :
    Random video pause.
    Random page refresh.
    Random failure of XDA app.

Many thanks to the developers and maintainer. Too bad for other phone vendors, I won't be replacing a phone just yet :)
    I'm not encrypted.

Hello Everyone,

Best Regards
    Team Xtended
    I flashed the latest version 20211211, after formatting data. It runs smoothly except for a few glitches here and there. The recent apps button seems do become unresponsive every now and then, especially after launching a full screen app and only a reboot fixes it. The other annoyance is with Google Photos, it just crashes, I haven't been able to launch the app at all. I've tried installed older versions from apkmirror and they all exhibited the same behaviour.

Has anyone been able to find a solution or work around these annoyances? Thanks for any help.

I also have problems with restoring apps from Titanium Backup, it simply hangs forever.
    I flashed the latest version 20211211, after formatting data. It runs smoothly except for a few glitches here and there. The recent apps button seems do become unresponsive every now and then, especially after launching a full screen app and only a reboot fixes it. The other annoyance is with Google Photos, it just crashes, I haven't been able to launch the app at all. I've tried installed older versions from apkmirror and they all exhibited the same behaviour.

Has anyone been able to find a solution or work around these annoyances? Thanks for any help.

I also have problems with restoring apps from Titanium Backup, it simply hangs forever.
    For App restore use Migrate
    2021-X-Temp-Head.png

Disclaimer
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD card or anything happens with your device
    * Flash on your own risk/knowledge.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM XTENDED: @SuperDroidBond | @mady51 | @mukesh22584 | @anishpratheepan | @xawlw | @SonalSingh18 | @Roger.T

FEATURES: Get Feature list from HERE

SUPPORT LINK: Xtended Telegram Public Group

SCREENSHOTS:
    Click HERE

ROM DOWNLOADS: MSM-Xtended ROM

GAPPS DOWNLOADS: Already Included

ROM SOURCE: Project-Xtended ROM Sources

KERNEL SOURCE: Our Official Devices Sources

Social Media Link: Click HERE (Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for latest updates)

DONATIONS: SuperDroidBond | mukesh22584 | mady51

We would like to give thanks to everyone in the Android community, big or small.
    MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0 for Cheeseburger

Hello Brothers,
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    We are glad to present you with the new update of MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0.
    Device Changelog -
    • Kernel Is now Mad-X with base of LOS
    • Kernel Upstream to 4.4.199
    • Kernel compiled with Clang 10
    • Picked a lot of commit from MAD KERNEL for better optimization, Thanks to @mady51
    ROM Changelog - MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0

Download - MSM Xtended XQ Release v3.0 for Cheeseburger

Gapps - OpenGapps November Build

Read before ask - Important Notes/FAQs

Required Firmware - 9.0.9
    • Clean Flash is recommended but Dirty Flash should be fine as well. Remember to flash Gapps & Magisk while both kind of flashing.
    • Please share your feedback and reviews. Its important for us to understand how we are doing and what all we need to improve.
    • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build and for motivations for our device maintainers.

Best Regards
    Team Xtended
    DOWNLOADS

Oneplus 5 (Cheeseburger): Cheeseburger latest Release build

Oneplus 5t (Dumpling): Dumpling latest release build

Gapps : Already included

No_verity :
    Click HERE
    Hello Everyone,

We wish you all to be healthy, happy, safe & sound.

Here we are coming again with a new “major-bug fix” update of MSM-Xtended. There are a few cool things added along with some of major bug fixes.

We are glad to bug you all again with MSM Xtended XQ Release v10.5.

ROM Changelog : Click HERE

Device Changelog:

• Updated blobs to Android 10 hotfix
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.4.228
    • Enforcing now
    • Added Automatic High brightness mode (OneplusShit)
    • Removed Duplicate ambient display from settings

Downloads : MSM Xtended XQ Release V10.5
    Read before ask : Important Notes/FAQs
    ScreenShots : Click HERE

• Firmware_10.0.0_Hotfix is recommended .
    • Clean Flash is recommended .
    • Please share your feedback and reviews. Its important for us to understand how we are doing and what all we need to improve.
    • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build and for motivations for our device maintainers.

Best Regards
    Team Xtended
    FAQs

Coming from OOS or Encrypted device:: Format userdata (Mandatory) ,

Flashing Instruction:: Just Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache + Cache + System + Vendor + Data, now Flash > ROM + GApps + Magisk + No_verity_V4.

If your Device rebooted to recovery/fast-boot mod, getting bootloop or random FCs/reboot

You need Format userdata first (Mandatory) Here is How ? Backup all your internal data first, (Don't blame me you'll lost everything), Go to recovery,
    Select wipe,Select format data,Type "yes" ( Without quotes),Swipe.You're decrpted now, Now Flash ROM.

Encryption:: Not Tested, Test & Let us know

After Flashing ROM if getting app/settings FCs:: First Describe your procedure of flashing,Please Provide logs if you're getting issue.

Don't report any issue without logs:: How to take logs ? Ask to you're friend................GOOGLE

Feature request:: Why not, Just provide reference/commit

Kernel:: You can flash any custom kernel what you want, but I'm not going to add, also don't report any issue if you have flashed any custom kernel.

Better battery life:: It's depend on user pattern, Either you can get better battery cost of performance or better performance cost of battery.

Known Issue:: Nothing, But if you get any Please Let us know with logs

Firmware:: Always flash firmware that has been recommended.