Search This thread

McFy

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2016
Angers
mcfy.fr
A few interesting screenshots:

https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4580626&stc=1&d=1535214350
I activated bluetooth for just two minutes, yet it's chewing up to 25% (and increasing) of my battery.
No clue how to take a bug report for this issue. By the way, "mobile network standby" battery use has improved since previous release, but it's still much higher than with stock.

Next:
https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4580627&stc=1&d=1535214350
For some reason, suddenly I can't switch wifi on. The switch shows activated but it's not. Worse: if I try to activate it from the toolbar:

https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4580636&stc=1&d=1535214959

The system freezes for a short while:

https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4580635&stc=1&d=1535214959

Should I send you the bug report for this second issue by pm, @McFy ?

[EDIT: Sorry I can't make the screenshots show in the post.]
Hey, bluetooth show wrong battery use, I check this...
Interesting behaviour, would be glad of this :k

D

Deleted member 1534803

Hi,

Apparently, with a new A320FL and your last ROM (20180821 version), I experienced a lot of very slooooooooow boots (the LOS logo does not stop after few minutes, must hardware switch off the phone). Then, following boot is time comparable to my galaxy S4 with crDroid (LOS 15.1 based too). I have had a message concerning encryption of my private datas... but not sure there is a link.

How to deposit logs ? (how to get them in the phone ?)

To be positive : when my phone starts, its very stable ;)

Last : I have already flashed different phones and I spent time to get the procedure running ... and find how to unlock the bootloader of official samsung OREO Roms (not complicated at all, but if not done, boot of TWRP and LOS is impossible even following the instruction of the FP ^ ^). Maybe the procedure could be mentionned in the FP ?

EDIT :Apparently, I was using an old recovery : recovery_a3y17lte-050318.tar, instead of 3.2.3... stil the same issues for booting

EDIT 2 : Updating the recovery does not help

Last edited by a moderator:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Apparently, with a new A320FL and your last ROM (20180821 version), I experienced a lot of very slooooooooow boots (the LOS logo does not stop after few minutes, must hardware switch off the phone).

That (long boot time) happens to me too. I interrupted this (don't know whether it is finally booting). With next start everything is fine. As I a right now struggle to get microG working and make some trial and error I blamed it to that, but might be it is a general issue.

D

Deleted member 1534803

Hi McFy,

I don't know whether it is my A320FL or not, but when I enable internet sharing via WiFi, and disable it, I can not enable the WiFi connection again.

Fabien

ruffyrisco

Mar 16, 2018
@McFy, thank you so much for the new release.

I have an issue with bluetooth audio. I can connect to my car and can access the a320fl and start audio transmission but the sound is coming from the phone's internal speaker. Can anybody else confirm this behavior?

With the older releases, audio was also transmitted via bluetooth, of course, and not only the remote controls...

edit: solved
After some testing I found out: The bluetooth audio transmission didn't work on other bluetooth receivers neither. I tried several headset and bluetooth boxes. All of them can be controlled (start/stop, ff etc) but none of them with sound. The sound came always out of the internal speaker.

Then, I remembered that I use nonstandard AVRCP 1.3 because my car is not compatible with AVRCP1.4 ( not displaying media information (track titles etc)).
I switched to AVRCP 1.4 (standard) just to make sure and with 1.4 everything works. After switching back, also AVRCP 1.3 works now...

Last edited:

glycergic

Jan 29, 2014
Flashed the last build, and am still having the bug that I see "No apps" in the advanced permission 'special app settings' > "Install unknown apps": No apps. Even when I enable 'show system'.

Anyone else has this bug? Is it because my model is SM-A320FL ?

Quite annoying since I can't install anything :(

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Mobile Network Standby chews up too much battery juice

Unfortunately I must correct my first impression for this last release regarding Mobile Network Standby battery use: after various cycles, I've realized that it's as high as with previous releases. Unacceptably for me. I need to recharge almost twice as often as with stock. I wonder if this happens only to some of us, or to everybody. And if only to some, what may it depend on? :confused:

equatorius

Jul 17, 2012
I like the last build overall but I am still unable to control call forwarding (A320LF, the modem crashes while executing GSM codes). :(

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I have an issue with bluetooth audio....
I've seen your problem is solved. But with several audio sources you might answer my question:
Assumed I have a few BT-audiosources configured in my mobile. Is it normal that after enabling bluetooth it automatically connects just to the previous used device? All others I have to connect manually.
My expectation would be, that it scans the whether there is someone that is in the (already paired) list and connects.

ruffyrisco

Mar 16, 2018
My expectation would be, that it scans the whether there is someone that is in the (already paired) list and connects.

The phone reacts to the actual paired bluetooth receiver. That means, in car it connects to the car system automatically. My steering wheel buttons can start the bluetooth music streaming. At home it connects to a different bluetooth box and so on... :good:

adXiy

Aug 28, 2018
I was unable to install Lineage with the original firmware, so I replace dit with one (7.0) I found on sammobile.com

Now when I try to flash my A320FL with lineage-15.1-20180821-UNOFFICIAL-a3y17lte,TWRP tells me that the ROM is incompatible with my device:
E3004 : This package is for device : a3y17lte, a3y17ltexc, a3y17ltexx,a3y17ltelk ; this device is .

Any idea why and how to get it fixed?

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
@adXiy: Did you have the latest TWRP? As this should work with a A320FL.
Another idea might to update to latest stock 8.0

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

The phone reacts to the actual paired bluetooth receiver. That means, in car it connects to the car system automatically. My steering wheel buttons can start the bluetooth music streaming. At home it connects to a different bluetooth box and so on... :good:
So you have nothing to do but enable BT (after you once paired it, so that it is stored in the internal list)? Not select the device you want to re-pair (I am not talking about first initial pair)?

Last edited:

ruffyrisco

Mar 16, 2018
[/COLOR]
So you have nothing to do but enable BT (after you once paired it, so that it is stored in the internal list)? Not select the device you want to re-pair (I am not talking about first initial pair)?

Of course not. Just jump into your car and audio comes from the car speakers... Just go for a run in the park and take your headphones and enjoy music through your headphones without manually switching and chosing... :good:.

Reactions: starbright_

adXiy

Aug 28, 2018
@adXiy: Did you have the latest TWRP? As this should work with a A320FL.
Thank you, the problem was indeed the TWRP version (3.1 instead of the 3.2 posted here). I've been finally able to install LineageOS.
Shouldn't the A320 phone be listed on twrp.me?

Now that I've been able to install LineageOS, a few questions/remarks:
  • SELinux is disabled, how do I enable it?
  • Things seem to work well so far, I just had a crash of the camera app when switching from back to front.
  • Video recording doesn't work, videos are corrupt (they do not play in VLC and their durations are multiplied 50-100 times)

Last edited:

paf22

Feb 17, 2015
Shouldn't the A320 phone be listed on twrp.me?
Yes it is: Here
A search for "A3" or "Samsung Galaxy A3" also works well on that page :)

• Things seem to work well so far, I just had a crash of the camera app when switching from back to front.
  • Video recording doesn't work, videos are corrupt (they do not play in VLC and their durations are multiplied 50-100 times)

It's a kind of "known bug". Try Footej Camera or Open Camera instead. ;)

adXiy

Aug 28, 2018
Yes it is: Here
A search for "A3" or "Samsung Galaxy A3" also works well on that page :)
Thanks, how did I miss that...

It's a kind of "known bug". Try Footej Camera or Open Camera instead. ;)
The recording of videos works with Footej Comera, but the same problem occurs with Open Camera as with the stock app.

And if someone knows how to enable SELinux (see Security settings), I am still interested.

McFy

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2016
Angers
mcfy.fr
Thanks, how did I miss that...

The recording of videos works with Footej Comera, but the same problem occurs with Open Camera as with the stock app.

And if someone knows how to enable SELinux (see Security settings), I am still interested.
Hey,

About video record :
The recording issue is related about the omx, I am currently investigating on :) I recommand you to use footej camera for now.
About sepolicy :
If you enable it you gonna have issues about some denials, I am currently labelling all denials to switch to enforced for next build.

Quick info that I judge important to tell you:
I gonna go back to the school and by this way have a slower rythm at the beggining of this year to get more time for my school stuffs which are importants, I am sure every of you will understand this. Don't worry I am not going to forgot or stop, just making priority where it's needed, and I assume current build is okay for majority of user, I might release a quick update when I will have fully finished to fix audio bug that some have, worked with raymanfx about it and got some progress so I wish to finish a new error linked again to audio and fix/test prorpely that all is fine before send it here ;)

So about lineage 16: I gonna work on but pie isn't an update I really like for many point on the UI, I gonna do it but this is a hobby for me, respect that it's a long work and nothing is easy to do, I gonna do it just wait it without asking ETA, for now I prefer finish to fix all last issues with Oreo, a work yet almost done and that's what give me motivation !

Regards

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I think I am speaking for majority here. A stable Oreo is much more important than a somehow working Pie. And of course we understand your priorities. Whenever we can help by testing - let us now. I am not able to cook, so I can only test releases. Maybe some update steps in between (betas) might make sense - of course not for all users here, but this is something you can decide, whether this make sense.
For me there are few reasons for using LOS. First, I get used to the features and don't like the vendor specific stuff. And second, I want to gain as much privacy and less Google than I can achieve. In this respect I go for rooting and microG as replacement for Gapps. Getting newer OS and better security updates is a another point. As this is the last build device <5" (except the Sony Compact, but even there the newest is 5"), I will stay a long time with this device.

Now my personal part. I am right now struggling a bit with instabilities and strange issues. Boot time is sometimes long, sometimes I can't download although I have connection and firewall doesn't report blocking, Forced Closes ... That might not be origin by the ROM, but by the collaboration of Rom, Magisk, Firewall and microG. Magisk is new to me and might increase complexity. Maybe I go back to addsu. I will open a separate thread for those who are interested. For me this is a edge - either it is general, or it is device specific. I can't really know. Probably I have to learn more about understanding log files...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    main-qimg-eae07393a6257f6f44f3a6f2a0be5cbb

Lineage OS 15.1

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Working

• Ril
    • Second Sim
    • Wifi
    • Camera
    • Ambient Display
    • SD card
    • Screen Record
    • Gps
    • Mic
    • MTP
    • USB
    • USB tethering
    • Sound
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • Subkey light
    • Brightness slider
    • AOD
    • Video recording

Bugs/Issues :

• WiFi can't be toggled on after activating WiFi tethering due to p2p (it's minor but I spent/spend a lot of time to try to fix it)
    • You tell me

Supported Models
    • A320F
    • A320Y
    • A320FL (the more reliable as I own it)
    • Dual Sim is supported

DOWNLOAD : TWRP, ROM & GAPPS

last build
    all builds
    GAPPS
    TWRP

Instruction

• Download the latest build
    • Download Gapps
    • Recommended : Do a Nandroid Backup
    • Wipe System, data, Cache and Dalvik
    • Flash ROM using latest TWRP Recovery
    • Flash GApps (if you want them)
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy!

Enjoy and if you like my work, give a thumbs up :)

Credit:

@RaymanFX, @Exynos7870devs for their work I used on github
    @McFy(me) for builds and a3y17lte tree
    • Tester and people giving me access to their vps

donators :
    - Nicolas L.
    - Jörg S.
    - Tobias U.
    - for Antonias mobile phone
    - Sergius S.
    - Lena B.
    - Simon M.
    - Дмитрий Л.
    - Jose Angel P.A.
    - Matthias T.
    - Peter S.
    - GrosBedos
    - Kadir H.
    - Christian O.
    - Emin K.
    - CallBackHERO
    - Carsten P.
    - Giulio M.
    - Martin S.
    - Loïc T.
    - Fabio D.
    - Gautier A.
    - Jürgen Z.
    - Dietrich S.
    - Martin Z.
    - Thierry C.
    - Arthod
    - Stefan R.
    - Alejandro P.M.
    - Lukas B.
    - Lawrence P.
    - Ingmar S.
    - Stmmuc
    - Alex F.
    - Trendafil N.
    - Pierre-François G.
    - Pierre-Alain F.
    - Victor van H.V.

Thanks you ! :)

If you like my work you can put a thanks or give me to my paypal or my bitcoin:1GSmxxd6vHjr3pMcQBNFGM6LAAyAcF9daw
    as making rom is much time ! ;)

If you want to get news or talk to me and other user you can join this group telegram : Lineage A3 2017

Changelog
    Code:
    [B]5th March 2018[/B]
        - Initial build
        - openGLES broken, then black screen after boot

[B]20th January 2018[/B]
       - Second build
       - OpenGLES fixed
       - Touchscreen broken

[B]29th January 2018[/B]
       - last lineage 14.1 build
       - only RIL and camera work

[B]11th February 2018[/B]
       - Welcome OREO
       - all features while boot are dead

[B]27th February 2018[/B]
       - RIL fixed
       - Wifi fixed
       - camera fixed

[B]1st March 2018[/B]
       - SD card reader fixed
       - Ambiant display fixed
       - black screen on lockscreen fixed
       - global stability

[B]6th March 2018[/B]
       - Fixed Speaker

[B]18th April 2018[/B]
       - Camera Record is now fixed
       - AOD lockscreen bug is fixed
       - Night display now work
       - Brightness is now fixed
       - OMX: Video reading - Is now fixed
       - Subkey light now work
       - Bluetooth is now fixed
       - Burn in protection added
       - Mic improvement for alls app's
       - Fixed bugs with front speaker when you called someone
       - Alls sensors are now fixed
       - Raise the phone to wake it enabled
       - Doze improved to get better standby battery
       - April security patch

[B]18th May 2018[/B]
        - May security patch
        - Overall battery improved
        - NFC fixed for F/Y variant
        - Fingerprint Sensor fixed
        - Wakelocks fixed
        - wifi tethering fixed
        - echo on call
        - Device info fixed for F/Y

[B]22th August 2018[/B]
       - fixed hci filter, bluetooth can now turn on and off
       - disabled touch input booster (cpu being overpowered everytime you touch the screen, resulting to an useless battery drain)
       - edited init.wifi.rc to fix wifi direct
       - fixed fstab, encryption is now working 
       - fixed kernel log spam
       - fixed gnss log spam
       - fixed touchscreen during call
       - improved camera stability
       - fixed NFC for FL variant
       - fixed device info for FL
       - fixed system ui crash
       - last security patch
       - latest lineage source
       - improved smooth by some props
       - fixed some calls crashing by some change on audio hal
       - fixed screen record
       - fixed phone rebooting sometime when it was powerred off
       - fixed hwc
       - fixed safetynet
       - Oreo r43
       - improved overall stability, bootloop of some user must be fixed now
       - changed stock dpi
       - improved ril quality
       - disabled ambiant display for now

[B]05th december 2018[/B]
       - Fixed OMX making bugged video files
       - Started to use nougat BSP
       - Improved camera hal
       - Improved graphic hal 
       - Fixed buggy speaker in call
       - Fixed trouble with what's app call
       - Allow user to now set up 4 fingerprint
       - Added FlipFlap
       - Fixed Call forwarding issue
       - Overall improvement battery and reactivity 
       - Added back AOD
       - Fixed AOF (always on fingerprint) with AOD
       - rebased to the latest oreo kernel from Samsung OSRC

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
    McFy
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/a3y17lte[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 8.1 oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-01-14
    Last Updated 2018-02-24
    Hi everyone !

I share with you today a new builds with following stuff fixed or improved :

- Camera Record is now fixed
    - AOD lockscreen bug is fixed
    - Night display now work
    - Brightness is now fixed
    - OMX: Video reading - Is now fixed
    - Subkey light now work
    - Bluetooth is now fixed
    - Burn in protection added
    - Mic improvement for alls app's
    - Fixed bugs with front speaker when you called someone
    - Alls sensors are now fixed
    - Raise the phone to wake it enabled
    - Doze improved to get better standby battery
    - April security patch

I am still working on remaining bugs : Fingerprint and NFC - it do appear on setting but both doesn't work - wifi direct and hotspot still remain
    I think the overall stability is nice and this is why I have choosen to share it with you :)
    I hope you will like this update, As soon I fix Fingerprint I will let you know, I just tough as it might take time that you could enjoy this update ;)

Enjoy !

Download : here
    More info on OP post
    Hey everyone, here you can see what you waited for !

I share on the today build a lineage os with:

- May security patch
    - Overall battery improved
    - NFC fixed ! :)
    - Fingerprint Sensor fixed
    - Wakelocks fixed
    - wifi tethering fixed
    - echo on call
    - Device info fixed

I think this build to get a good overall stability for daily life :)

Thanks for support
    thanks to for all tester, especially @itachilinux to all his test about nfc on A320Y variant

Stay Tuned !

Download : here
    More info on first post
    We appreciate McFy's work but I think it's not hard to only tell us how things are going. I think it's not a problem at all... Thanks.
    I fixed nfc, gps seem to be fixed, I don't know yet when I will release but I hope it to be soon, Too I expect to share a bug less rom. I need just to adjust things and test it to see if all work in daily life !
    Regards :)
    Hello everyone, just a quick ETA about next build :) Fingerprint is now working !