Search This thread

McFy

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2016
Angers
mcfy.fr
main-qimg-eae07393a6257f6f44f3a6f2a0be5cbb

Lineage OS 16.0

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Working

• All features must work

Bugs/Issues :

• You tell me

Supported Models
• A320F
• A320Y
• A320FL (the more reliable as I own it)
• Dual Sim is supported

DOWNLOAD : TWRP, ROM & GAPPS
last build
all builds
GAPPS
TWRP

Instruction

• Download the latest build
• Download GAPPS for 32 bit, arm, pie device
• Recommended : Do a Nandroid Backup
• Wipe System, data, Cache and Dalvik
• Flash ROM using latest TWRP Recovery
• Flash GAPPS (if you want them)
• Reboot
• Enjoy!

Enjoy and if you like my work, give a thumbs up :)

Credit:

• LineageOS team & Exynos7870 developpers working with me
@McFy(me)
• All peoples supporting me
• Unbekannt1998 for lending me his VPS

donators :

- Peter S.
- Rogier L.
- Alex F.
- Daniel M.
- Markus R.
- Jean-François R.
- Paul F.
- Ivann M.
- Kim M. N.
- Zalan N.
- Thierry C.
- Martin B.
- Adrian A.
- Alexander B.
- Tribe of frog
- Marc S.
- Mathias E.
- Valentin G.
- Moritz D.
- Emmanuel P.
- Rafael E.
- Manuel S.
- Patrick G.
- Georg W.

Thanks you ! :)

If you like my work you can put a thanks or give me to my paypal or my bitcoin:36zAbcB1patxNdt21cknwYg2k9jyCdj1GX
as making rom is much time ! ;)

If you want to get news or talk to me and other user you can join this group telegram : Lineage A3 2017

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
McFy
Source Code: [url]https://github.com/McFy49[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.0 pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-12-27

Last edited:

McFy

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2016
Angers
mcfy.fr
Changelog
Code:
[B]27th December 2018[/B]
    - Initial build

[B]28th December 2018[/B]
    - Enabled HWC

[B]9th March 2019[/B]
   - February security patch
   - Selinux enforced
   - Fixed the wrong video lenght issue
   - latest LineageOS sources
   - Fixed the Wi-Fi in a better way
   - Removed magisk

[B]30th March 2019[/B]
   - Labelized Selinux DRM denials

[B]4th April 2019[/B]
   - April Security Patch
   - Updated LineageOS sources
   - Added custom update over the air (OTA)
   - Boosted mic gain

Last edited:

TheAsKo

Mar 7, 2017
Great work mate! Atleast someone is giving our phone some love :3 Keep up the good work... Installing right now and i will report how it goes :)

Reactions: McFy

cjb0o

Dec 28, 2018
telephone calls works good?
proximity sensor?
and I got some problems in los 15 with black screen and failure to fully discharge the battery. ~1 year ago. Thank U

Good job, and thank you very much.
some questions if somebody can guide me out perhaps:
ok i ve seen around VoLTE doesnt work on lineage 15-16 etc but i dont know the reason why....?
im also wondering about VoWIFI, the equivalent of VoLTE but through wifi instead??? im currently on stock rom of android 7.0 on A320FL and theres an option on carrier's stock rom and its calling it wifi calling....its very very handy to be honest. Would that work on custom roms such as lineage 16 ?

shadowking001

Jul 4, 2018
Just had a crash while trying to change ringtones. When I want to, I can choose the "Sound" app or "Multimedia storage". First one crashes when I select a category, second one (classic UI) works perfectly.

Pyroclasm

Dec 28, 2018
After succesfully flashing the rom with gapps my phone would turn off after a couple of minutes in the setup and wont turn on

McFy

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2016
Angers
mcfy.fr
A new build is out with HWC enabled, thanks for all your support, batery and smooth are therefore a bit improved ;)

telephone calls works good?
proximity sensor?
and I got some problems in los 15 with black screen and failure to fully discharge the battery. ~1 year ago. Thank U
Yes calls work well now, same for the proximity sensor. A lot of issues have been fixed in this time ;)

Good job, and thank you very much.
some questions if somebody can guide me out perhaps:
ok i ve seen around VoLTE doesnt work on lineage 15-16 etc but i dont know the reason why....?
im also wondering about VoWIFI, the equivalent of VoLTE but through wifi instead??? im currently on stock rom of android 7.0 on A320FL and theres an option on carrier's stock rom and its calling it wifi calling....its very very handy to be honest. Would that work on custom roms such as lineage 16 ?

VoLTE is not working on LineageOS for every Exynos devices as Samsung implemented it in a custom way on their framework and as it is on private sources, we can't know how they implemented it. Therefore until Google force OEM to implement volte in a common way it is nearly impossible to get it to work on any AOSP based rom. I won't work on it since my carrier doesn't support VoLTE for my phone and I don't need it. For voWIFI it's the same.

VoLTE is Often asked by Indians as many carriers such Jio only have LTE antenas so they can't make call throught 2G/3G network, so without voLTE they can't call, but as A3 is not sold in India I guess it's not your case :). You will have to live without it if you flash my rom.

After succesfully flashing the rom with gapps my phone would turn off after a couple of minutes in the setup and wont turn on

Could you be more precise like if you clean installed, tried to reflash or any extras informations.

Last edited:

zusatzmetall

Dec 24, 2013
Düsseldorf
Good work McFy! And big thanks for your investment in time and effort!
Something is wrong with the colors at LOS16.
Everything looks very bleak or yellowish, but if you switch to gray mode twice, the picture becomes brighter again.

Reactions: peter8899
A new build is out with HWC enabled, thanks for all your support, batery and smooth are therefore a bit improved ;)

Yes calls work well now, same for the proximity sensor. A lot of issues have been fixed in this time ;)

VoLTE is not working on LineageOS for every Exynos devices as Samsung implemented it in a custom way on their framework and as it is on private sources, we can't know how they implemented it. Therefore until Google force OEM to implement volte in a common way it is nearly impossible to get it to work on any AOSP based rom. I won't work on it since my carrier doesn't support VoLTE for my phone and I don't need it. For voWIFI it's the same.

VoLTE is Often asked by Indians as many carriers such Jio only have LTE antenas so they can't make call throught 2G/3G network, so without voLTE they can't call, but as A3 is not sold in India I guess it's not your case :). You will have to live without it if you flash my rom.

Could you be more precise like if you clean installed, tried to reflash or any extras informations.

i see, thanks for the info. well only vowifi is useful actually cause you get no issues with your calls, plus they sound great, when in areas with ****ty coverage which i happen to be in actually.
working at -1 floor with barely some signal or no signal at all then you really appreciate the help of vowifi not missing calls, sms, and generally not to worry.
ill have to think about it, other than that thank you very much. :)

Reactions: McFy

TheAsKo

Mar 7, 2017
Report Time

So i was using LOS 16 for first day and here are some results....

Installing method:
1.Fully reinstalled to latest stock from sammobile (all packages)
2.TWRP (official one)
3.Wipe system,data and install los- reboot!! - gapps(pico)

At first i want to say its absolutely amazing how it is stable ( i mean it more stable for me than los 15) , i had one freeze during whole day (i renamed my fingerprint , then go back click on trust and had like 30sec freeze of phone but it recovered) , but i was able to found some issues.

1. WiFi Hotspot is not working - i also tested disabled hardware acceleration for tether but it didn´t help , as for me this feature is extremely critical so please if you have time look into this , else i would be forced to downgrade :(
2. Camera app+results are super bad , app is very basic and result photo looks like from cheap camera from 2005 so much noise and undetailed.
3. I was to find that sometimes animations looks like they are stuttering in their mid-time , like it starts okay then in mid it stutter a noticeable way and then it plays out okay (im running first build so there is change that your newest build is solving that :D)

Besides this issues , as first build this is extremely good , thank you for the hard work and i will monitor where we can push our little device :D

PS: But please try to spare some time and look into that hotspot problem , its crucial for me ....
Also it is possible to just dirty install latest update without so much troubles ?

Edit: I forgot two issues :D
1.Network traffic thingy in status bar in not showing up at all ...
2.It seems that status bar icons are slighty misaligned , there is small gap from left (i wanted to add screenshot but right now i can´t transfer screenshot to PC)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    main-qimg-eae07393a6257f6f44f3a6f2a0be5cbb

Lineage OS 16.0

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Working

• All features must work

Bugs/Issues :

• You tell me

Supported Models
    • A320F
    • A320Y
    • A320FL (the more reliable as I own it)
    • Dual Sim is supported

DOWNLOAD : TWRP, ROM & GAPPS
    last build
    all builds
    GAPPS
    TWRP

Instruction

• Download the latest build
    • Download GAPPS for 32 bit, arm, pie device
    • Recommended : Do a Nandroid Backup
    • Wipe System, data, Cache and Dalvik
    • Flash ROM using latest TWRP Recovery
    • Flash GAPPS (if you want them)
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy!

Enjoy and if you like my work, give a thumbs up :)

Credit:

• LineageOS team & Exynos7870 developpers working with me
    @McFy(me)
    • All peoples supporting me
    • Unbekannt1998 for lending me his VPS

donators :

- Peter S.
    - Rogier L.
    - Alex F.
    - Daniel M.
    - Markus R.
    - Jean-François R.
    - Paul F.
    - Ivann M.
    - Kim M. N.
    - Zalan N.
    - Thierry C.
    - Martin B.
    - Adrian A.
    - Alexander B.
    - Tribe of frog
    - Marc S.
    - Mathias E.
    - Valentin G.
    - Moritz D.
    - Emmanuel P.
    - Rafael E.
    - Manuel S.
    - Patrick G.
    - Georg W.

Thanks you ! :)

If you like my work you can put a thanks or give me to my paypal or my bitcoin:36zAbcB1patxNdt21cknwYg2k9jyCdj1GX
    as making rom is much time ! ;)

If you want to get news or talk to me and other user you can join this group telegram : Lineage A3 2017

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
    McFy
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/McFy49[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.0 pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-12-27
    Changelog
    Code:
    [B]27th December 2018[/B]
        - Initial build

[B]28th December 2018[/B]
        - Enabled HWC

[B]9th March 2019[/B]
       - Selinux enforced
       - Removed magisk

[B]30th March 2019[/B]
       - Labelized Selinux DRM denials

[B]4th April 2019[/B]
       - April Security Patch
       - Updated LineageOS sources
       - Added custom update over the air (OTA)
       - Boosted mic gain
    Hey everyone, I am glad to share you a new build !

The changelog is:

- Selinux enforced
    - Removed magisk

Thanks for support I can see around the threads

Stay Tuned !

Download : here
    More info on first post
    Today I found this ROM, I decided to test it, my expectation was low, but at the end I was amazed! :victory:

The first boot is going to take like 8-12 Min. I never have functional WiFi in the first boot, so just reboot the phone 1 time in order to fix it and proceed with the initial configuration.

Many thanks for your work McFy and the Teams that are working with you!
    If there is way to help you to improve the development of this ROM please let me know, I will donate soon!

Sorry for my bad English.

Device: A320Y
    Previous ROM: Android 8.0
    ROM: lineage-16.0-20181215-UNOFFICIAL-a3y17lte.zip
    TWRP: recovery_a3y17lte-050318.tar.md5
    GAPPS: Mini

Pros:
    -Stability. 5/5
    -Battery life. 5/5
    -Sound, Video, Call, all the Apps I have tried works.
    AFwall
    WhatsApp
    YouTube
    PlayStore
    Opera Browser
    Nova Launcher
    Clover
    etc.

Cons:
    -WiFi stop working after a reboot. When I reboot the phone I could lost the WiFi. (SOLUTION: Reboot the phone one more time solves the problem.)
    -I can't update to the new Magisk version, when I tried, the phone do a boot loop. (SOLUTION: Reinstall the Stock ROM (Oreo 8.0) with Odin and proceed to reinstall this ROM again)
    -SElinux Disabled :(

Extra comment. When I want to charge it with the phone turned off there is no battery percentage % to know the level of charge, I was used to disconnect it around the 80% of battery charge, but now I can't do it. I think this is something about the Lineage ROMs, I have another phone with LOS 15 MotoE and its the same case, I cant see the battery % while charging it turned off. Maybe in the future this "Feature" will be added.

Some Screenshots:
    Desktop

System

StatusBar & Desktop

Many thanks McFy! Please keep improving this ROM and fix the SElinux issue

Thanks for your support as well as the one from the others users.

I am here to give you some update on what is going on :
    - first of all I want to give a big thanks to Peter who sent me an A3 2017 so I can work faster thanks to that unit that I don't need to be reliable!
    - a new build is comming soon ;)
    - I fixed the loops that some of you get with the encryption
    - I wrote the sepolicy rules so the next build will have selinux enforced
    - I fixed the wifi on a better way so now it's more stable
    - I am testing that everything work and looking about few last things so expect a build soon :)