[ROM][A320FL/F/Y] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

erenes1667

Jan 18, 2016
I don't have this phone (yet), but I'm interested how the AOD function works on it and this rom.

Do you mind helping me understand:
These 3 options can all be toggled separately?
And if you turn off the "Always On" option and leave "Lift to check phone" and "New notifications" on, does the phone behave like this: it lights up the screen for a short period of time to show the clock and so on, when you move (lift) the phone, right?
What about the new notifications - when a new notification arrives, does it light up the screen showing the notifications for a short period of time also, or is the screen kept on until you interact with the phone?

if you disable aod you can't use new notifications feature it's only for seeing a preview of the notification on aod screen when you reiceve a notification.
Lift to check is for disabling the aod screen when you put your phone on a surface but you can see the aod again when you pick up your phone. You can also use this feature independently from the other two properties

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
if you disable aod you can't use new notifications feature it's only for seeing a preview of the notification on aod screen when you reiceve a notification.
Lift to check is for disabling the aod screen when you put your phone on a surface but you can see the aod again when you pick up your phone. You can also use this feature independently from the other two properties

ok, so if both "Lift to check phone" and "New notifications" are enabled, how does the phone behave when it's placed on a flat surface and a new notification arrives? Does the screen (AOD) turn on, and if it does, does it stay on only for a period of time, or does it stay on until the phone is unlocked, or the notification preview is touched, for example?

cooljay032

Feb 5, 2019
ok, so if both "Lift to check phone" and "New notifications" are enabled, how does the phone behave when it's placed on a flat surface and a new notification arrives? Does the screen (AOD) turn on, and if it does, does it stay on only for a period of time, or does it stay on until the phone is unlocked, or the notification preview is touched, for example?

New notification is displayed for about 5 secs and then screen turns off again.

Reactions: mnd123

mnd123

Feb 25, 2014
New notification is displayed for about 5 secs and then screen turns off again.

Thanks. And if the "Lift to check phone" is disabled and "Always On" is enabled, then the display stays on indefinitely and it doesn't matter if there are unseen notifications or not?
Guess, if I ever get this phone, I would have to figure out how to automate the toggling of the "Always On" option with new notifications, if it's even possible.

koozyn

Jul 3, 2019
Try to disable the "Display Always On" feature, I notice that this drains a lot of battery. Which Version phone do you have?
I have the A320Y.

Hello, sure i did this.
There's more to it. I've done root with Magisk 19.0, having the latest manager app installed.
After restart phone works ok, battery perf is good.
Suddenly i noticed battery drain - checked 'top' with root perm.

Process 'system_server' was abusing processor, with 100% usage, after killing it, system reinitialized itself.
Then i checked top again, now with 'magiskd' using 100% proc. resources.
After killing magiskd, resource usage was ok, however wifi didnt work, so i restarted phone. Device wants to do init. setup now.

Idk if this was caused by updating magisk manager to latest version or what. I'll provide more info if i can, maybe i'll try to trace sys calls when cpu usage rises again.
Although i'm linux developer, i've never did anything to android.

edit: this is just a guess, but this problem might be with cloud backups/sync or soft. actualization. After restart i've got notifications on unsuccessful actualizations, but never seen the process start or progress before restart... Just a wild guess
@McFy

ps. I have A320FL

Last edited:

ruffyrisco

Mar 16, 2018
No internet in China

Hi!

I'm in china at the moment. I always get the message "connected, but no internet" when i acces any Wifi here.

Maybe its because in the settings the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 is entered and I cant change it. If I go to "Advanced options" I can change DHCP to static and change the DNS but I cant save this settings.

Does anybody has a quick solution for me? China without Internet sucks... :D

Patolaa

Aug 19, 2017
Screen Mirroring Blackscreen & Reboot

Hello, i know this is a bug, but I have not been able to mirror my screen to my smart TV due to the lack of support this ROM gives me on screen mirroring.
my problem is not that the TV doesn't show up, it's to do with the connection from my phone to display on the TV. Every time:rolleyes: i try to connect to my smart TV, my phone screen goes black and sometimes it reboots my phone while the screen is still black... Is there any solution to solving this issue? I like this ROM but I also like to screen mirror from time to time

ANY HELP IS APPROPRIATED!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
I'm experiencing a bug: when touching on the search icon under Settings, the Settings app crashes. Always. Invariably. Therefore I can't perform settings searches. :( Someone else?

one problem: i have activated notfication led in settings but it does not work.
Of course. Your phone does NOT have a led.

Battery - running low very quickly, with economy activated, gets better
Generally, battery life sucks under LineageOS (and derivatives), at least in my experience with several Galaxy's.

battery drain - idle cpu load is 34%
Only? Lucky you! :) Presently, my "Mobile network standby" battery usage is around 75%. Shameful; but that's how it is.
Unfortunately, McFy can't solve by himself an issue which belongs upstream.

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
this is just a guess, but this problem might be with cloud backups/sync or soft. actualization. After restart i've got notifications on unsuccessful actualizations, but never seen the process start or progress before restart... Just a wild guess
@McFy
Happy to know someone else is concerned about battery life.
I never ever turn on backups/sinc nor software actualization. Never ever allow any kind of battery-hungry background process, or anything that can drain my power. Despite which, all LineageOS ROMs I've tried in my three Galaxy models have always sucked the battery badly. (Particularly, my Galaxy S6 gets almost boiling hot under LOS-16 by simply watching a Youtube video. Crazy.) Either "Mobile Network Standby" or "Bluetooth" processes are always reported (perhaps wrongly?) by Battery Stats to be the culprits, which is very suspicious taking into account that I seldom turn Bluetooth on...

So far, the "kindest" ROM I've used, in terms of battery life, for my A320F is McFy's Resurrection Remix.

A dinner on me if you come up with an effective solution. Promised. ;)

koozyn

Jul 3, 2019
hello :) so far i've only been able to resolve freezing Google Assistant setup -
seems it was caused by update of Google app. (I'm not using microG)

On every reboot my phone wanted to do initial setup,
and couldn't be completed - cause final setup of Google Assistant (whether to use it or skip) just freezed.. (Of course this happened after automatic updates were installed)

You need to force-shut and then disable/deactivate 'Google' app. It uninstalls updates.. You can then re-enable, but first turn off auto updates.

About cpu halted by system_server: i just made some systraces, and gonna see if i can learn something from that.
It seems that this state is triggered by something (idk what)... After reboot, cpu usage is normal, and next day its abused by system_server - i tried to find the trigger, but no success

Last edited:

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
I don't observe special battery drains. Checked the gapps version and in Flightmode it runs for around 20..30 days. Also the microG version with some none battery optimized apps works for around 2 days with moderate usage. But this is with AOD off and sync off.

koozyn

Jul 3, 2019
@starbright_ : i'm concerned about high CPU usage byt system_server - it runs 100% - i don't think it's supposed to.

Using systrace i could determine relatively large quantity of time-expensive calls on "update_regs_list" , which leads to "decon_update_regs"...

These calls are made by decon0 worker thread.
Thats as far as i can get now, Decon should be some video driver for Exynos processor.

This problem could be kernel-related.
My kernel version is 3.18.14.

@McFy do you think this can be solved?

Reactions: McFy

koozyn

Jul 3, 2019
@McFy stack trace from the thread:

#0 0xe88dc8e0 in __epoll_pwait () from target:/system/lib/libc.so
#1 0xe88ae0dc in epoll_wait () from target:/system/lib/libc.so
#2 0xe9030168 in android::Looper::pollInner(int) () from target:/system/lib/libutils.so
#3 0xe9030072 in android::Looper::pollOnce(int, int*, int*, void**) () from target:/system/lib/libutils.so
#4 0xe8b72918 in android::android_os_MessageQueue_nativePollOnce(_JNIEnv*, _jobject*, long long, int) () from target:/system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so
#5 0x7182c216 in android.media.MediaExtractor.seekTo [DEDUPED] () from target:/system/framework/arm/boot-framework.oat
#6 0x71d9bf9e in android.os.MessageQueue.next () from target:/system/framework/arm/boot-framework.oat
#7 0x71d99f08 in android.os.Looper.loop () from target:/system/framework/arm/boot-framework.oat
#8 0xd26240d2 in com.android.server.SystemServer.run () from target:/system/framework/oat/arm/services.odex

I've googled some on MediaExtractor and there're reports about it, draining battery... Could it be?
I don't have the symbol files so this is as much info as i can provide...

edit: also... this can be the trigger - before sleep, i've listened to music on youtube... battery cca 70%, i shut down firefox, in the morning my battery was empty. Could there be some leftover process?

btw: as i think about it, according to systrace there's another (maybe sub-)process using that resources - repeatedly calling update_regs_list... PID of the process is always 1538 - and altough i have rooted device, i cannot obtain permission for gdbserver to attach to it......

Last edited:
Reactions: McFy

ItzRayzer

Apr 15, 2019
@ McFy Good Job Man

I Love it can you try to port Resurrection Remix 7.0.2 or Dot OS 3.0 Please:laugh::good: For A3 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: mnd123

handyflo

Jul 21, 2014
Is there any permanent solution for the WLAN wifi mac adress issue 02000000

After every Boot i See this invalid mac Adress and need to turn on the wifi manually

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z3 Compact mit Tapatalk

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Is there any permanent solution for the WLAN wifi mac adress issue 02000000

After every Boot i See this invalid mac Adress and need to turn on the wifi manually

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z3 Compact mit Tapatalk

What exactly do you mean with "need to turn on the wifi manually"?
As for me - I have to insmod the driver.

misterto

Jan 29, 2014
Bluetooth issues

Thank you McFy for this rom.

This is exacly what i needed.
I see bugs so far:
* wallpaper is "not installed"
* Bluetooth voice is not working from my car, even is the phone is paired for Voice and multimedia. (android Auto is working fine. Just phone calls are not using Car Audio System)

Any idea?

handyflo

Jul 21, 2014
What exactly do you mean with "need to turn on the wifi manually"?
As for me - I have to insmod the driver.

what i did:
installing:
twrp-3.3.1-0-a3y17lte.img
lineage-16.0-20190623-UNOFFICIAL-a3y17lte.zip
open_gapps-arm-9.0-pico-20190720.zip
Magisk-v19.0.zip

observed:
after every start of the phone (rebbot or clean startup) Wifi is turned off by Default, so I Need to activate after every Startup, even I reboot my *sm-a320fl* with WiFi turned on

Bat think: sometimes i Forget to turn it on manually and my mobile data traffic is used without Need to

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    main-qimg-eae07393a6257f6f44f3a6f2a0be5cbb

Lineage OS 16.0

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9.0 (pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Code:
    Your warranty is now void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Working

• All features must work

Bugs/Issues :

• You tell me

Supported Models
    • A320F
    • A320Y
    • A320FL (the more reliable as I own it)
    • Dual Sim is supported

DOWNLOAD : TWRP, ROM & GAPPS
    last build
    all builds
    GAPPS
    TWRP

Instruction

• Download the latest build
    • Download GAPPS for 32 bit, arm, pie device
    • Recommended : Do a Nandroid Backup
    • Wipe System, data, Cache and Dalvik
    • Flash ROM using latest TWRP Recovery
    • Flash GAPPS (if you want them)
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy!

Enjoy and if you like my work, give a thumbs up :)

Credit:

• LineageOS team & Exynos7870 developpers working with me
    @McFy(me)
    • All peoples supporting me
    • Unbekannt1998 for lending me his VPS

donators :

- Peter S.
    - Rogier L.
    - Alex F.
    - Daniel M.
    - Markus R.
    - Jean-François R.
    - Paul F.
    - Ivann M.
    - Kim M. N.
    - Zalan N.
    - Thierry C.
    - Martin B.
    - Adrian A.
    - Alexander B.
    - Tribe of frog
    - Marc S.
    - Mathias E.
    - Valentin G.
    - Moritz D.
    - Emmanuel P.
    - Rafael E.
    - Manuel S.
    - Patrick G.
    - Georg W.

Thanks you ! :)

If you like my work you can put a thanks or give me to my paypal or my bitcoin:36zAbcB1patxNdt21cknwYg2k9jyCdj1GX
    as making rom is much time ! ;)

If you want to get news or talk to me and other user you can join this group telegram : Lineage A3 2017

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 16.0 , ROM for the Samsung Galaxy A Series 2017 A3, A5, A7

Contributors
    McFy
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/McFy49[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.0 pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-12-27
    Changelog
    Code:
    [B]27th December 2018[/B]
        - Initial build

[B]28th December 2018[/B]
        - Enabled HWC

[B]9th March 2019[/B]
       - February security patch
       - Selinux enforced
       - Fixed the wrong video lenght issue
       - latest LineageOS sources
       - Fixed the Wi-Fi in a better way
       - Removed magisk

[B]30th March 2019[/B]
       - Labelized Selinux DRM denials

[B]4th April 2019[/B]
       - April Security Patch
       - Updated LineageOS sources
       - Added custom update over the air (OTA)
       - Boosted mic gain
    Hey everyone, I am glad to share you a new build !

The changelog is:

- February security patch
    - Selinux enforced
    - Fixed the wrong video lenght issue
    - latest LineageOS sources
    - Fixed the Wi-Fi in a better way
    - Removed magisk

Thanks for support I can see around the threads

Stay Tuned !

Download : here
    More info on first post
    Today I found this ROM, I decided to test it, my expectation was low, but at the end I was amazed! :victory:

The first boot is going to take like 8-12 Min. I never have functional WiFi in the first boot, so just reboot the phone 1 time in order to fix it and proceed with the initial configuration.

Many thanks for your work McFy and the Teams that are working with you!
    If there is way to help you to improve the development of this ROM please let me know, I will donate soon!

Sorry for my bad English.

Device: A320Y
    Previous ROM: Android 8.0
    ROM: lineage-16.0-20181215-UNOFFICIAL-a3y17lte.zip
    TWRP: recovery_a3y17lte-050318.tar.md5
    GAPPS: Mini

Pros:
    -Stability. 5/5
    -Battery life. 5/5
    -Sound, Video, Call, all the Apps I have tried works.
    AFwall
    WhatsApp
    YouTube
    PlayStore
    Opera Browser
    Nova Launcher
    Clover
    etc.

Cons:
    -WiFi stop working after a reboot. When I reboot the phone I could lost the WiFi. (SOLUTION: Reboot the phone one more time solves the problem.)
    -I can't update to the new Magisk version, when I tried, the phone do a boot loop. (SOLUTION: Reinstall the Stock ROM (Oreo 8.0) with Odin and proceed to reinstall this ROM again)
    -SElinux Disabled :(

Extra comment. When I want to charge it with the phone turned off there is no battery percentage % to know the level of charge, I was used to disconnect it around the 80% of battery charge, but now I can't do it. I think this is something about the Lineage ROMs, I have another phone with LOS 15 MotoE and its the same case, I cant see the battery % while charging it turned off. Maybe in the future this "Feature" will be added.

Some Screenshots:
    Desktop

System

StatusBar & Desktop

Many thanks McFy! Please keep improving this ROM and fix the SElinux issue

Thanks for your support as well as the one from the others users.

I am here to give you some update on what is going on :
    - first of all I want to give a big thanks to Peter who sent me an A3 2017 so I can work faster thanks to that unit that I don't need to be reliable!
    - a new build is comming soon ;)
    - I fixed the loops that some of you get with the encryption
    - I wrote the sepolicy rules so the next build will have selinux enforced
    - I fixed the wifi on a better way so now it's more stable
    - I am testing that everything work and looking about few last things so expect a build soon :)