[ROM][A5/A7 2017][Unofficial] Sailfish OS 4.5

Search This thread

Ayman_sp24

Sep 11, 2018

Unofficial Sailfish OS port for the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

Sailfish_logo.svg.png

Code:
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!

Source code:​

Releases: https://github.com/Exynos7880-Linux/a5y17lte-ci
WayDroid: https://github.com/Exynos7880-Linux/waydroid

Installation:​

Flash the ZIP through recovery. Additionally, you may backup your current android installation's boot partition for dualbooting.

What works:​

Pretty much everything unless stated below.

What doesn't work:​

• Saving videos from the camera app after recording

Extras:

If you want to enable double tap to wake, you can run this command inside the terminal
mcetool --set-doubletap-mode=show-unlock-screen mcetool -i disabled mcetool -z proximity mcetool --set-doubletap-wakeup=proximity

Waydroid:​

Credits:​

Ayman_sp24 - Main developer (github profile)
Sailfish OS Team and Sailfish OS HADK porting telegram

Downloads:​

4.5.0.16:

A5

4.5.0.18:

A5
A7 - not tested - installer fixed
4.5.0.24:
A5

Last edited:

ellion23

Sep 10, 2020
It's very interesting ROM, i'm happy that these kind of unusual roms exist for my smartphone.
I have problem, how can i turn on all cores? Default CPU have 4 cores enabled and 4 cores sleep, how to enable all cores?
I've tried to edit files in /sys/devices/system/cpu/, but that isn't working

MNdev

Jan 24, 2023
Hey.. why is there only showing 8gb as storage? Please let me know if there is any way to increase it to a5's normal 32 gb!

Last edited:

Ayman_sp24

Sep 11, 2018
It's very interesting ROM, i'm happy that these kind of unusual roms exist for my smartphone.
I have problem, how can i turn on all cores? Default CPU have 4 cores enabled and 4 cores sleep, how to enable all cores?
I've tried to edit files in /sys/devices/system/cpu/, but that isn't working
Kernel are detects and enables all cores at boot time, and then schedules threads and process to each core as necessary to maximize the performance of the system.

Top Liked Posts