[ROM] [A500 /H/F/FU] [5.0.2] [TouchWiz] light weight ROM

Search This thread

jugih

May 18, 2010
Hellsinki
There are zero stock based flashable ROMs for Galaxy A5 so here goes one (or three actually) :)
Its based on BOL1 for A5FU (2.12.2015) and BOK2 for A5F (19.11.2015) and BOK3 for A5H (19.11.2015), the unbranded versions of Samsung ROM.

NOTE: ONLY /FU VARIANT IS SUPPORTED. (I've only got this device)
PLEASE DON'T REQUEST HELP FROM /F /H VARIANTS. THEY WILL WORK IF YOU ONLY GET THEM PAST INSTALLATION VIA TWRP.

This rom is:
  • De-odexed
  • De-bloated
    • Mostly Google apps
    • Turn off rest of the apps you see fit
  • De-Knox'd
  • Zipaligned
  • Rooted
  • Busybox'd

It also features:
  • Note Edge launcher
  • Note 5 apps:
    • Note5 Clock package
    • Note5 Weather widget
    • Note5 Wallpaper chooser
    • Note5 My file
    • Note5 Calculator
    • Note5 Gallery
    • Note5 Voice Recorder
  • S6 Apps:
    • S6 Keyboard
    • S6 Fonts
    • S6 Memo
    • S6 Radio
    • S6 Video
    • S6 Setup wizard
    • S6 Galaxy App
    • S6 Galaxy App Widget
    • S6 Smart Manager
    • S6 S Planner
    • S6 S Music
    • S6 UI Sounds

I just piled up this ROM from bits. All the credit goes to these guys:

Disclaimer:
This works for me, so it should work for your device also. Do not hold me responsible if something goes wrong during flashing process. Do this only with your own consent and bear yourself all the risks.

Installation via TWRP:
  1. Please make a backup with TWRP, its easy and saves lots of time in case things go south.
  2. An update to at latest unbranded firmware (official FW via odin/KIES) is recommened before installing this. There has been reports of small annoyances if coming straight from older 5.0.2 base.
  3. Wipe all the data (except SD-card) and flash this ROM. Let it boot for good 10min and you're done.

(The first boot really takes about 10min!)

Download:

Last edited:

jugih

May 18, 2010
Hellsinki
Screenshots:

Screenshot_2016-01-10-22-07-03.jpg keyb.png Screenshot_2015-12-31-13-55-05.png ver.png

Changelog:

V1 - 2015:
  • initial release

V2.1 - 10.01.2016
  • added S6 System UI sounds
  • added S6 S Planner and S6 S Music
  • SuperSU upgraded to the newest
  • deleted Samsung Link Platform

V3 - 11.1.2016
  • updated FW to BOL1 with BOJ4 baseband

Last edited:
Reactions: ppr01 and jnvdh06

one282

Aug 27, 2010
Hi I tried to flash your ROM V2.1 with TWRP 2.8.7.0, but get a message - 'This package is for "a5ulte" devices; this is "a5". Why? I have A500FU?

one282

Aug 27, 2010
I had to restore system with ODIN - I got an forceclose of Market and can not skip the startup settings. So that I will flash TWRP again a let you know.
THX

one282

Aug 27, 2010
I had to restore system with ODIN - I got an forceclose of Market and can not skip the startup settings. So that I will flash TWRP again a let you know.
THX

So I flashed original ROM with ODIN again, flash TWRP and now it works. Shat it was probably related to my previous ROM set up (rooted).

Now I flashed directly V2.1 and it seems it works, but I am not able to switch WIFI on.

Any suggestion?

jimbomodder

Apr 8, 2015
manchester
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
So I flashed original ROM with ODIN again, flash TWRP and now it works. Shat it was probably related to my previous ROM set up (rooted).

Now I flashed directly V2.1 and it seems it works, but I am not able to switch WIFI on.

Any suggestion?

which base ROM is V2.1? if different from the stock you flashed it won't work. stock tw ROMs need to match CSC,BL + modem in order to work. I found this out myself. u need the very latest ROM available if V2.1 is based off that.

Sent from my SM-A500FU

one282

Aug 27, 2010
which base ROM is V2.1? if different from the stock you flashed it won't work. stock tw ROMs need to match CSC,BL + modem in order to work. I found this out myself. u need the very latest ROM available if V2.1 is based off that.

Sent from my SM-A500FU

I used this version - A500FUXXU1BOF1. Do you think too old?
Which version you recommend as a base? BOJ4 as you used for your ROM?

jugih

May 18, 2010
Hellsinki

Any suggestion?

Weird.
Works for me, and there are no Wifi-files forked whatsoever, so that part is completely stock. U sure your device is a500FU?

jugih

May 18, 2010
Hellsinki
does your ROM match latest stock thou? having it mismatched seems to screw it up, works fine with cm based ROMs just no stock for some reason. worked for me n stock but it m on BOJ4

Sent from my SM-A500FU

Yes.
This ROM is based completely on stock BOJ4 and all the files, excluding those that are pulled from other devs (Note and S6, list on the first post).

one282

Aug 27, 2010
Hi everybody,

so I reflash the ROM again, update it to latest state, flash TWRP, make a factory wipe and flash the V2.1, and the result is, it works.
So that, to be able to install this ROM without problems, up to date baseband - BOJ4 - is necessary.

Thanks Julian for your great job, and the others for help.

Keep going ;)

Reactions: lovesky37 and jugih

jugih

May 18, 2010
Hellsinki
Hi everybody,

so I reflash the ROM again, update it to latest state, flash TWRP, make a factory wipe and flash the V2.1, and the result is, it works.
So that, to be able to install this ROM without problems, up to date baseband - BOJ4 - is necessary.

Keep going ;)

Yeah!
I updated installation instructions so that upgrade to newest official FW prior to flashing is recommened.

PS. just noticed that Samsung has released new base for our devices (BOL1 - 2.12.2016)
I update this ROM when NEE arrives for download.
Also corrected right base code for this ROM. Its BOJ6, not BOJ4 :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbomodder

one282

Aug 27, 2010
Well I came out of latest czech unbranded version and my base code is BOJ4 and works for now. Maybe both base codes are suitable.

One more think, once you implement S6 Themes, does it mean, that we can use themes made for S6 and other currently supported phones? Is there any chance to open access to Theme Store as well for A5?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are zero stock based flashable ROMs for Galaxy A5 so here goes one (or three actually) :)
    Its based on BOL1 for A5FU (2.12.2015) and BOK2 for A5F (19.11.2015) and BOK3 for A5H (19.11.2015), the unbranded versions of Samsung ROM.

NOTE: ONLY /FU VARIANT IS SUPPORTED. (I've only got this device)
    PLEASE DON'T REQUEST HELP FROM /F /H VARIANTS. THEY WILL WORK IF YOU ONLY GET THEM PAST INSTALLATION VIA TWRP.

This rom is:
    • De-odexed
    • De-bloated
      • Mostly Google apps
      • Turn off rest of the apps you see fit
    • De-Knox'd
    • Zipaligned
    • Rooted
    • Busybox'd

It also features:
    • Note Edge launcher
    • Note 5 apps:
      • Note5 Clock package
      • Note5 Weather widget
      • Note5 Wallpaper chooser
      • Note5 My file
      • Note5 Calculator
      • Note5 Gallery
      • Note5 Voice Recorder
    • S6 Apps:
      • S6 Keyboard
      • S6 Fonts
      • S6 Memo
      • S6 Radio
      • S6 Video
      • S6 Setup wizard
      • S6 Galaxy App
      • S6 Galaxy App Widget
      • S6 Smart Manager
      • S6 S Planner
      • S6 S Music
      • S6 UI Sounds

I just piled up this ROM from bits. All the credit goes to these guys:

Disclaimer:
    This works for me, so it should work for your device also. Do not hold me responsible if something goes wrong during flashing process. Do this only with your own consent and bear yourself all the risks.

Installation via TWRP:
    1. Please make a backup with TWRP, its easy and saves lots of time in case things go south.
    2. An update to at latest unbranded firmware (official FW via odin/KIES) is recommened before installing this. There has been reports of small annoyances if coming straight from older 5.0.2 base.
    3. Wipe all the data (except SD-card) and flash this ROM. Let it boot for good 10min and you're done.

(The first boot really takes about 10min!)

Download:
    Screenshots:

Screenshot_2016-01-10-22-07-03.jpg keyb.png Screenshot_2015-12-31-13-55-05.png ver.png

Changelog:

V1 - 2015:
    • initial release

V2.1 - 10.01.2016
    • added S6 System UI sounds
    • added S6 S Planner and S6 S Music
    • SuperSU upgraded to the newest
    • deleted Samsung Link Platform

V3 - 11.1.2016
    • updated FW to BOL1 with BOJ4 baseband
    Okay, i just installed it but its still not working

---------- Post added at 07:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Aw ;c
    I made a booboo. flash this. :good: if it doesn't work then extract the while folder from zip and then using any root file manager and go to root tab then system-app and place there. then reboot and should be working.
    Hi everybody,

Keep going ;)
    should the task manager button be working? when i click on it nothing happens
    try flashing this n recovery