[ROM][A51] HAVOC OS for Samsung Galaxy A51 [GSI]

Search This thread
Feb 11, 2021
Hey Guys,

Before you dive in, irrespective of your reading speed read this carefully and slowly for better understanding but if you cannot focus and read it slowly then you better give up music for a few weeks.

About the Device

Before you jump in and get your hands dirty.. you should know that what you will be installing is Generic System Image, It is not specifically made for your device so if you are going to install some other GSI other than this, you might face some issues.

If you are a beginner, you should Go Through Project Treble, just for the sake of knowledge.

Also Galaxy A51 has A/B partition and Supports Project Treble though remember that Treble Devices are not same as A/B devices and Vice Versa.

Things You’ll Need

• A Computer (not an iPad)
  • Internet [requirement around 6 gigs (4.8 gigs optional, for downloading stock Firmware, Highly Recommended)]
  • Samsung Galaxy A51 (will not work on A50)
  • Patience and a madcap attitude.

Resources

Its Show time

• 1. Go to settings and go to about phone, tap build number 7 times and a dialog will appear, you are now a developer.
  • 2. Go to additional setting or search developer options in the settings search bar
  • 3. Once in the developer settings find OEM unlock and turn in on, scroll down and also turn on USB debugging, your phone will ask the permission for accessing the data by your computer.
  • 4. Turn off your device. Get a usb cable and connect it to your computer.
  • 5. While phone is off first press Volume UP and Volume Down together, and then then insert the usb cable into the phone while holding the buttons wait for two seconds. a blue screen will come up telling you about consequences and life choices.
  • 6. Long press the Volume Up Button and a new blue screen will show up asking you for unlocking the bootloader. Press Volume Up to confirm. You device will erase everything and reset itself ( Don’t forget to take backup of your Data).
  • 7. After the setup screen appears skip everything in the setup and enable developers option and enable USB debugging in the developer options.
  • 8. Turn off your device again and Repeat step 5.
  • 9. Press Volume up for entering the download mode
  • 10. Now in your computer, Install Odin and open Odin.exe you’ll find your device as comm: xx
  • Now click on the AP button and select the twerp you downloaded.
  • Press start and twerp will be installed in your device. Your device will reboot don’t let it boot to one ui, press all three buttons together and hold, as soon as the screen goes black release only the volume down button. Keep holding the Volume UP and power buttons for 3 seconds and then release, you find yourself in twerp. If you miss it repeat the process again but don’t let it boot to One Ui.
  • In twerp press wipe => format data =>type yes. Press home button and again go to wipe advanced select Data, Cache and Dalvik and swipe to clear.
  • Press home again. Go to reboot and select recovery, twerp wil reboot. Once it reboots transfer the encryption disabler to your phone and in twerp press install select the storage, sdcard or internal storage, where you have stored the file, select it and swipe to install.
  • Now in your computer extract the Havoc os image and rename it as “system.img”.
  • Extract the GSI flasher, copy system.img and paste it in the gsi folder of the GSI Flasher.
  • Select gsi, Meta-inf, scripts and compress them into a zip and transfer into the phone.
  • Now in twerp Press install, select the zip file and swipe to install. Also install Gapps or Magisk if you want (though normal magisk will have problem try install phh_magisk, discussed later).
  • Reboot and KABLAMO You have installed Havoc OS.

Bugs

• A small random issue in Auto Brightness
  • If you root with magisk and install modules, after you reboot your phone will get into a bootloop. Use Phh_Magisk but I aint sure if it’ll work or not Your call madcap.

NONE OF THE FILES IN THIS TUTORIAL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME. If SOMETIHING HAPPENS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. ONLY DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Troubleshooting.

• If you find errors in twerp, such as unable to mount vendor or system_root, or data. Then you got to install the stock One Ui Back again, therefore it is highly recommended to keep with yourself the stock firmware. You will need It. And it is 4.78 gigs. You can download it from
  • Model : SM-A515F - Galaxy A51 — Samfrew.com
  • To reinstall the stock firmware first extract it and the open odin and repeat steps 8 and 9, once your device is detected in Odin press the respective buttons and select the respective files such as for BL button select the file With BL in the name. Do it for buttons, BL, AP(once you select the file it will take long for it load into odin so do not panic and let it load, it might become unresponsive but use patience and wait.)CP , CSC. Click on start and you’ll have ONE Ui back on your device.
  • To Lock the bootloader repeat steps 5 and 6.

If you still want more stability and Control You can install a different Kernel NDataX from (@Hendamanu) https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/hendramanu.11224917/

Last edited:

Yillié

Apr 26, 2020
Lahore
I'd like you to please correct the title and write GSI instead of custom rom as both are different things and the title can be considered misleading.

LichtEstarossx

Nov 23, 2017
Upgrade to android 11, first install one ui 3 from the site above. I'll update it for Android 11 [R].
for now reinstall oneui 2.5, I will try to compile orangefox for android 10, and about the brightness bug in the gsi I know how to correct it, if there is any way to contact you to talk about it, say so

Feb 11, 2021
for now reinstall oneui 2.5, I will try to compile orangefox for android 10, and about the brightness bug in the gsi I know how to correct it, if there is any way to contact you to talk about it, say so
If you are talking about gsi fix then im not sure that it'll work. I tried patching other gsi's for specifically efor xynos but the success rate is 50%. Sure let's talk here

Reactions: hacker812c

LichtEstarossx

Nov 23, 2017
If you are talking about gsi fix then im not sure that it'll work. I tried patching other gsi's for specifically efor xynos but the success rate is 50%. Sure let's talk here
What I say is not a patch, it is one of the phh oberlays for aosp gsi, after I have time I will try to make one, but that overlay would only be for the a51, not for another Samsung

If it is about gsi I am relatively knowledgeable about that, although as far as I know it was not necessary to use this zip to enter gsi, I think the super partition must be modified to install gsi

LichtEstarossx

Nov 23, 2017
What I say is not a patch, it is one of the phh oberlays for aosp gsi, after I have time I will try to make one, but that overlay would only be for the a51, not for another Samsung

If it is about gsi I am relatively knowledgeable about that, although as far as I know it was not necessary to use this zip to enter gsi, I think the super partition must be modified to install gsi
I attach my telegram username in case you need something more specific.
(nicopizza) Add the @

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

Before you dive in, irrespective of your reading speed read this carefully and slowly for better understanding but if you cannot focus and read it slowly then you better give up music for a few weeks.

About the Device

Before you jump in and get your hands dirty.. you should know that what you will be installing is Generic System Image, It is not specifically made for your device so if you are going to install some other GSI other than this, you might face some issues.

If you are a beginner, you should Go Through Project Treble, just for the sake of knowledge.

Also Galaxy A51 has A/B partition and Supports Project Treble though remember that Treble Devices are not same as A/B devices and Vice Versa.

Things You’ll Need

• A Computer (not an iPad)
    • Internet [requirement around 6 gigs (4.8 gigs optional, for downloading stock Firmware, Highly Recommended)]
    • Samsung Galaxy A51 (will not work on A50)
    • Patience and a madcap attitude.

Resources

Its Show time

• 1. Go to settings and go to about phone, tap build number 7 times and a dialog will appear, you are now a developer.
    • 2. Go to additional setting or search developer options in the settings search bar
    • 3. Once in the developer settings find OEM unlock and turn in on, scroll down and also turn on USB debugging, your phone will ask the permission for accessing the data by your computer.
    • 4. Turn off your device. Get a usb cable and connect it to your computer.
    • 5. While phone is off first press Volume UP and Volume Down together, and then then insert the usb cable into the phone while holding the buttons wait for two seconds. a blue screen will come up telling you about consequences and life choices.
    • 6. Long press the Volume Up Button and a new blue screen will show up asking you for unlocking the bootloader. Press Volume Up to confirm. You device will erase everything and reset itself ( Don’t forget to take backup of your Data).
    • 7. After the setup screen appears skip everything in the setup and enable developers option and enable USB debugging in the developer options.
    • 8. Turn off your device again and Repeat step 5.
    • 9. Press Volume up for entering the download mode
    • 10. Now in your computer, Install Odin and open Odin.exe you’ll find your device as comm: xx
    • Now click on the AP button and select the twerp you downloaded.
    • Press start and twerp will be installed in your device. Your device will reboot don’t let it boot to one ui, press all three buttons together and hold, as soon as the screen goes black release only the volume down button. Keep holding the Volume UP and power buttons for 3 seconds and then release, you find yourself in twerp. If you miss it repeat the process again but don’t let it boot to One Ui.
    • In twerp press wipe => format data =>type yes. Press home button and again go to wipe advanced select Data, Cache and Dalvik and swipe to clear.
    • Press home again. Go to reboot and select recovery, twerp wil reboot. Once it reboots transfer the encryption disabler to your phone and in twerp press install select the storage, sdcard or internal storage, where you have stored the file, select it and swipe to install.
    • Now in your computer extract the Havoc os image and rename it as “system.img”.
    • Extract the GSI flasher, copy system.img and paste it in the gsi folder of the GSI Flasher.
    • Select gsi, Meta-inf, scripts and compress them into a zip and transfer into the phone.
    • Now in twerp Press install, select the zip file and swipe to install. Also install Gapps or Magisk if you want (though normal magisk will have problem try install phh_magisk, discussed later).
    • Reboot and KABLAMO You have installed Havoc OS.

Bugs

• A small random issue in Auto Brightness
    • If you root with magisk and install modules, after you reboot your phone will get into a bootloop. Use Phh_Magisk but I aint sure if it’ll work or not Your call madcap.

NONE OF THE FILES IN THIS TUTORIAL HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME. If SOMETIHING HAPPENS I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE. ONLY DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Troubleshooting.

• If you find errors in twerp, such as unable to mount vendor or system_root, or data. Then you got to install the stock One Ui Back again, therefore it is highly recommended to keep with yourself the stock firmware. You will need It. And it is 4.78 gigs. You can download it from
    • Model : SM-A515F - Galaxy A51 — Samfrew.com
    • To reinstall the stock firmware first extract it and the open odin and repeat steps 8 and 9, once your device is detected in Odin press the respective buttons and select the respective files such as for BL button select the file With BL in the name. Do it for buttons, BL, AP(once you select the file it will take long for it load into odin so do not panic and let it load, it might become unresponsive but use patience and wait.)CP , CSC. Click on start and you’ll have ONE Ui back on your device.
    • To Lock the bootloader repeat steps 5 and 6.

If you still want more stability and Control You can install a different Kernel NDataX from (@Hendamanu) https://forum.xda-developers.com/m/hendramanu.11224917/
    I'll soon update this for Android 11 (R)
    I had android 10
    one ui 2.5
    although it is rare that the gsi does not work
    If you are using the same gsi mentioned above then it should work. Not all GSIs will run on your device. Did you successfully install twerp?
    use havoc 3.8 vanilla arm64 ab
    and I tried phh aosp but it didn't work
    Upgrade to android 11, first install one ui 3 from the site above. I'll update it for Android 11 [R].
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone