• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][ABANDONED][6.0.1] Android Open Kang Project for P8 Lite

TheROM is 95% finished, so I want your opinion on what custom ROM should I develop:

• Baidu Yi

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • CopperheadOS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indus OS

• LeWa OS

• MIUI

Votes: 38 62.3%
  • Mokee

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Paranoid Android

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Replicant

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Smartisan OS

• SlimRom

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Yun OS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

XTutorials

Mar 30, 2017
Final day has come!
Welcome To AOKP​
687474703a2f2f616f6b702e636f2f696d616765732f636d732d696d616765732f3130362e706e67

What is AOKP?
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Code:
Changelog:
26/05:
-Initial Build
27/05 Update:
-Deep Sleep fixed

Downloads:
All in One Pack: https://mega.nz/#F!slYC3BrR DECRYPTION KEY: !zOEjD2pngRGIIa7oM4j9hQ
No other files needed to download. Makes your life easier.

Installation:
1. Be sure to have TWRP 3.1.1-0 installed on your device!
Update: TWRP 3.0.2-0 tested and works!
2. Copy PlayStoreFix , ROM, and Gapps to your sd card
3. Boot in TWRP by holding Vol Up+ Vol Down at the same time when device turned on
4. Do a normal or advanced wipe in TWRP, as you wish.
5. Click install and select first ROM, then Update and Gapps
6. Swipe to install an wait!
7. After installation, reboot, set it up, then go back to TWRP and install PlayStoreFix.zip
Done.

Problems:
-Second Sim Slot (SD Card Slot)
-Other minor bugs, but not important.

Bugs?
-YouTube 720p 60fps works like in 25fps or sound and video are not synchronized ---- JUST SOMETIMES, MOSTLY IT WILL JUST FREEZE ----
-After unplugging headphones sometimes you need to switch to speaker through AudioFX, otherwise there will be no sound.

XDA:DevDB Information
Android Open Kang Project for P8Lite, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
XTutorials, spookcity138, NepoRood, surdu_petru, XePeleato, olrak, OldDroid
Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOKP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1.1

Created 2017-05-27
Last Updated 2017-05-27

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170527-105857.png
    Screenshot_20170527-105857.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 8,451
  • Screenshot_20170527-110042.png
    Screenshot_20170527-110042.png
    151.8 KB · Views: 8,395
  • Screenshot_20170527-110120.png
    Screenshot_20170527-110120.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 8,214
  • Screenshot_20170527-110129.png
    Screenshot_20170527-110129.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 8,337
Last edited:

Giuseppe300715

Mar 12, 2017
Brindisi
When you solve the problem of text screen blocking the ROM .. there are problems with the CPU? Battery consumption?

Last edited:

XTutorials

Mar 30, 2017
When you solve the problem of text screen blocking the ROM .. there are problems with the CPU? Battery consumption?
What you mean by "text screen blocking the rom"? CPU has not been tested, because I'm going back to emui because I need a daily driver, and this rom is still not. I'm working on that fix, but I don't know where to start, because on all roms that I developed for other device I didn't occured this issue. I saw @haky 86 had this issue/or close on one of his roms.
Battery consumption is great, just drained 5% in 40 minutes of just being into home screen and middle brightness, because if I lock the screen "bye bye".

May 15, 2017
camera?

is the camera working? ( normal pictures+video recording)? i can try to test the rom and flash the deep sleep from aicp if you want to.. im using it as a daily driver.. (the aicp)

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120734306 this is the (fix all) from the aicp rom.. it may fix the lockscreen bug

XTutorials

Mar 30, 2017
is the camera working? ( normal pictures+video recording)? i can try to test the rom and flash the deep sleep from aicp if you want to.. im using it as a daily driver.. (the aicp)

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120734306 this is the (fix all) from the aicp rom.. it may fix the lockscreen bug
Oh, I forgot. Another bug: video recording. It works for 3 seconds bu then it says cannot connect to camera

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Final day has come!
    Welcome To AOKP​
    687474703a2f2f616f6b702e636f2f696d616765732f636d732d696d616765732f3130362e706e67

What is AOKP?
    AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

Code:
    Changelog:
    26/05:
    -Initial Build
    27/05 Update:
    -Deep Sleep fixed

Downloads:
    All in One Pack: https://mega.nz/#F!slYC3BrR DECRYPTION KEY: !zOEjD2pngRGIIa7oM4j9hQ
    No other files needed to download. Makes your life easier.

Installation:
    1. Be sure to have TWRP 3.1.1-0 installed on your device!
    Update: TWRP 3.0.2-0 tested and works!
    2. Copy PlayStoreFix , ROM, and Gapps to your sd card
    3. Boot in TWRP by holding Vol Up+ Vol Down at the same time when device turned on
    4. Do a normal or advanced wipe in TWRP, as you wish.
    5. Click install and select first ROM, then Update and Gapps
    6. Swipe to install an wait!
    7. After installation, reboot, set it up, then go back to TWRP and install PlayStoreFix.zip
    Done.

Problems:
    -Second Sim Slot (SD Card Slot)
    -Other minor bugs, but not important.

Bugs?
    -YouTube 720p 60fps works like in 25fps or sound and video are not synchronized ---- JUST SOMETIMES, MOSTLY IT WILL JUST FREEZE ----
    -After unplugging headphones sometimes you need to switch to speaker through AudioFX, otherwise there will be no sound.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open Kang Project for P8Lite, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    XTutorials, spookcity138, NepoRood, surdu_petru, XePeleato, olrak, OldDroid
    Source Code: https://github.com/OpenKirin

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOKP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.1

Created 2017-05-27
    Last Updated 2017-05-27
    I am working with @AymenDe7 (really nice dude) on MIUI 8 source code as much as we can. We have 2 rejects more to fix and I wil try compiling it again.
    Buckle up, MIUI is not that far from this device!
    Unfortunately it is a problem affecting all the ROMs. I use a Bluetooth headset meanwhile.

Yes, maybe you are right ... but on my device Huawei P8Lite ALE-L21 I don't have this issue, I can use any wired headphones with no problems, connect them and disconnect as many times as I want without the slightest problem :eek: ( and I already used OmniROM 6.0.1 & LOS 13.0/14.1 or RROS 7.1.2 )

From my point of view, I cann't fix a issue that actually does not exist ( at least on my device ) .

Thanks for understanding :)
    UPDATE:
    [email protected]:~/patchrom/device$ make workspace
    >>> Install vendor resources for apktool...
    unzip >/dev/null stockrom.zip "system/framework/*.apk" -d out
    install out/system/framework/framework-res.apk
    install out/system/framework/org.cyanogenmod.platform-res.apk
    unzip >/dev/null stockrom.zip system/framework/framework.jar -d out
    /home/andrei/patchrom/tools/apktool --quiet d -f out/system/framework/framework.jar -o framework.jar.out
    unzip >/dev/null stockrom.zip system/framework/services.jar -d out
    /home/andrei/patchrom/tools/apktool --quiet d -f out/system/framework/services.jar -o services.jar.out
    unzip >/dev/null stockrom.zip system/framework/telephony-common.jar -d out
    /home/andrei/patchrom/tools/apktool --quiet d -f out/system/framework/telephony-common.jar -o telephony-common.jar.out
    unzip >/dev/null stockrom.zip system/framework/wifi-service.jar -d out
    /home/andrei/patchrom/tools/apktool --quiet d -f out/system/framework/wifi-service.jar -o wifi-service.jar.out
    Prepare workspace completed!
    [email protected]:~/patchrom/device$

Have made some progress. Let's hope I don't get many rejects, I am using my AOKP as "stockrom.zip"

UPDATE 2:
    [email protected]:~/patchrom/device$ make firstpatch
    /home/andrei/patchrom/tools/patch_miui_framework.sh /home/andrei/patchrom/android/base-framework /home/andrei/patchrom/android/primary-patch `pwd`
    <<< create temp directory to store the old, new source and destination smali code with .line removed
    <<< compute the difference between /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/old_smali/telephony-common.jar.out and /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/new_smali/telephony-common.jar.out
    <<< apply the patch into the /home/andrei/patchrom/device/telephony-common.jar.out
    <<< compute the difference between /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/old_smali/wifi-service.jar.out and /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/new_smali/wifi-service.jar.out
    <<< apply the patch into the /home/andrei/patchrom/device/wifi-service.jar.out
    <<< compute the difference between /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/old_smali/framework.jar.out and /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/new_smali/framework.jar.out
    <<< apply the patch into the /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out/./smali/com/android/internal/os/ZygoteInit.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 348 (offset 1 line).
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/content/res/Resources.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 238 (offset 23 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 880 (offset 29 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 4527.
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/content/res/Resources.smali.rej
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/content/pm/PackageParser.smali
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 9660.
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 10335 with fuzz 2 (offset 663 lines).
    1 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/content/pm/PackageParser.smali.rej
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/graphics/Bitmap.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 43 (offset 2 lines).
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/app/SystemServiceRegistry.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 834 (offset 84 lines).
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/app/ResourcesManager.smali
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 986.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject/framework.jar.out/./smali/android/app/ResourcesManager.smali.rej
    <<< compute the difference between /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/old_smali/services.jar.out and /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/new_smali/services.jar.out
    <<< apply the patch into the /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/policy/PhoneWindowManager.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 581 (offset 118 lines).
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/power/ShutdownThread.smali
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 312.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/power/ShutdownThread.smali.rej
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/am/ActivityStack.smali
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 6636.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/am/ActivityStack.smali.rej
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/am/ActivityManagerService.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 85731 with fuzz 1 (offset 2752 lines).
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/SystemServer.smali
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 153 (offset 11 lines).
    patching file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/wm/WindowManagerService.smali
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 708.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject/services.jar.out/./smali/com/android/server/wm/WindowManagerService.smali.rej

>>> patch miui into target framework is done. Please look at /home/andrei/patchrom/device/temp/reject to resolve any conflicts!
    [email protected]:~/patchrom/device$

Firstpatch was done. I got "some" rejects what I'm going to try to fix tommorow, I have a lot of work, so I won't promise you. But I'll try.
    Hi
    I didn't opened this thread for almost a month, and I want to let some news here:
    1. MIUI development put on pause. What does that mean? I delete all source code and never continue MIUI development? No. I need to figure out what is not letting it to not boot.
    2. I'm starting today development on AOKP Nougat, with OpenKirin device source code. I'll keep you updated as much as I can.
    Thanks for understanding!