[ROM] ABANDONED - CM11 Development for T210(R)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Just saying wouldn't it be better to ask @gr8nole if he would include your patches he be the best man to ask because if your patches work am sure he would be more than happy to
I'm gonna try to contact him. Thanks. I almost forgot that they built this rom. Hopefully he's still up to it. I'm gonna download the device tree now. But the first patch is to include the werewolf kernel as default instead of the cm one. It works way better

Sent from my GT-S6310 using Tapatalk

ballerd

Aug 15, 2014
manchester
No worries am sure he will have no issue aslong as you ask him right and I would also message @laufersteppenwolf just to ask if he don't mind I can't see him saying no it means a lot and am more than sure he will help you if you have any questions :)

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Hello, if you need some help I can try to compile it.

Regards.

Ask @jacobpayag to message you when he's done editing and I suppose any contribution and help is good if you succeed post finished zip on this thread that way people can test

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Downloaded device tree. It should take me more or less 2 days to finish editing
BTW: I'm still at school. And its a 30-minute bus ride home
Wait until monday. Just give me some time
Update1: @ballerd the kernel does not work with cm11. The device gets stuck in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 logo
Update2: Starting edits on the libs
Update 3: No problem with the device tree though I found 1 file to be suspicious. I'm gonna check the kernel next. It looks like the problem is coming from the kernel. Not the rom

Last edited:

laufersteppenwolf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 1, 2012
Baden-Württemberg
droideveloper.com
Downloaded device tree. It should take me more or less 2 days to finish editing
BTW: I'm still at school. And its a 30-minute bus ride home
Wait until monday. Just give me some time
Update1: @ballerd the kernel does not work with cm11. The device gets stuck in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 logo
Update2: Starting edits on the libs

If you use the cm branch it should work just fine ;)

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Update: I'm gonna try to build cm10 first. In theory the kernel should work perfectly and moving to higher cm versions shouldn't be too much of a problem. Now just one thing: who's gonna help me?
Update2: I'm desperately trying to run ubuntu so I can work. Does anybody know how?
Update3: I've found a way to run ubuntu using virtual box. Yay. I'm gonna start my own build tomorrow. Hopefully things will work out fine
Update4: Development paused
Reasons
1. Ubuntu does not want to cooperate
2. I need to focus on studiying
3. My schedule is getting a tad bit too tight
4. I need to concentrate on other things
5. Development is only a side line hobby. I usually do these things on my free time.
Note: Don't worry. I'm not giving up on the tab 3. Just give me some time. Thanks to those who will wait

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: teeWrex

DarkFrenzy

Feb 4, 2014
Male'
Update: I'm gonna try to build cm10 first. In theory the kernel should work perfectly and moving to higher cm versions shouldn't be too much of a problem. Now just one thing: who's gonna help me?
Update2: I'm desperately trying to run ubuntu so I can work. Does anybody know how?

U can run online ubunt i think

Sent from my SM-T217S using XDA Free mobile app

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Update3: I've found a way to run ubuntu using virtual box. Yay. I'm gonna start my own build tomorrow. Hopefully things will work out fine
Reasons
5. Development is only a side line hobby. I usually do these things on my free time.
Note: Don't worry. I'm not giving up on the tab 3. Just give me some time. Thanks to those who will wait

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Update5: Development for the rom still paused. I'm working on getting Ubuntu to run via virtual box. I'm gonna try my chances with ubuntu 14.XX. pls pray that things will work out with ubuntu 14. And if not I'll try with ubuntu 13 and so on.

WE SHALL KEEP THE DEVELOPMENT ALIVE.

BTW: I recommend switching to other stable roms until I can work out the bugs

RubyUltima

Oct 2, 2015
De Pere
Update5: Development for the rom still paused. I'm working on getting Ubuntu to run via virtual box. I'm gonna try my chances with ubuntu 14.XX. pls pray that things will work out with ubuntu 14. And if not I'll try with ubuntu 13 and so on.

WE SHALL KEEP THE DEVELOPMENT ALIVE.

BTW: I recommend switching to other stable roms until I can work out the bugs

If you would like help with your Ubuntu environment, I can definitely help with that. Especially if it means getting something other than Touchwiz to this poor device.

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Reasons

You can't run ubuntu on tab3 because this crap is ARM device. To boot ubuntu you need proper architecture/CPU like x86/Intel i5/i7/Atom

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Update6: Sorry guys. Our exams are up for the next week. My goal for this week is to get Ubuntu running properly. Hopefully I can fix the kernel without having to rebuild the entire ROM. I've given up trying ubuntu on the tablet. I haven't tried Ubuntu 14.04 in virtual box but it should and must work. I;'m trying my best. But to those wjo have any distro of linux please try to decompile the kernel and ramdisk, compress it to a zip and send it to me so i can edit the values on windows and try to compile it again.

jlazkano

Nov 27, 2011
Update6: Sorry guys. Our exams are up for the next week. My goal for this week is to get Ubuntu running properly. Hopefully I can fix the kernel without having to rebuild the entire ROM. I've given up trying ubuntu on the tablet. I haven't tried Ubuntu 14.04 in virtual box but it should and must work. I;'m trying my best. But to those wjo have any distro of linux please try to decompile the kernel and ramdisk, compress it to a zip and send it to me so i can edit the values on windows and try to compile it again.

Hello,

I downloaded this ROM: cm-11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-lt02wifi.zip
Decompress the ZIP and extract the boot.img with this script: http://www.enck.org/tools/split_bootimg_pl.txt

Code:
$ ./split_bootimg.pl boot.img 
Page size: 2048 (0x00000800)
Kernel size: 3657024 (0x0037cd40)
Ramdisk size: 555456 (0x000879c0)
Second size: 0 (0x00000000)
Board name: 
Command line: 
Writing boot.img-kernel ... complete.
Writing boot.img-ramdisk.gz ... complete.

Here you have:

View attachment boot.img.rar

Regards.

jacobpayag

Sep 24, 2014
Laguna
Redmi Note 10S
Hello,

I downloaded this ROM: cm-11-20150107-UNOFFICIAL-lt02wifi.zip
Decompress the ZIP and extract the boot.img with this script: http://www.enck.org/tools/split_bootimg_pl.txt

Code:
$ ./split_bootimg.pl boot.img 
Page size: 2048 (0x00000800)
Kernel size: 3657024 (0x0037cd40)
Ramdisk size: 555456 (0x000879c0)
Second size: 0 (0x00000000)
Board name: 
Command line: 
Writing boot.img-kernel ... complete.
Writing boot.img-ramdisk.gz ... complete.

Here you have:

View attachment 3629788

Regards.
Thanks a lot. I cannot run Ubuntu on virtual box. I forgot to copy the error that I keep getting. I'll send the screenshot tommorow. Anyway, I'll start working on the kernel

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Update7: Development resumed. Thanks a lot to @jlazkano for decompiling the boot.img. Anyway Ubuntu still does not want to cooperate or my hardware is just not right. I'll send the error screenshots in virtual box tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN ABANDONED

Please stop emailing me about this. I have no intention of resuming development on this or any other rom for this device.

rWmsyuP.jpg

android-kitkat-4.4-kit-kat-8.png

THIS ROM IS NOT READY FOR THE COMMON USER.

This thread is dedicated to the further development of CM11 for the T210. Please do not post bug reports for the time being. I am aware that it has many, many issues. Please only post relevant DEVELOPMENT discussion.

Please do not post requests to make it for another device. We "may" be able to if we ever get this to a decent status.

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Device specific sources:
    - T210 Device: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_device_samsung_lt02wifi
    - Kernel: https://github.com/gr8nole/android_kernel_samsung_lt02/tree/4.2.2 4.2.2 branch

Contributors:
    - CyanogenMod Team, CyanogenMod and AOSP contributors
    - gr8nole
    - @ketut.kumajaya (base kernel source)
    - @k.aibutsu and @Unjustified Dev for early device trees

First time installing CyanogenMod to your Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, T210(R):
    - Make sure you're running latest PhilZ Touch, CWM, or TWRP.
    - Copy CM to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery and MAKE A BACKUP
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Flash CM zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23788

Change Log:

1/7/2015:
    -Audio fixed

1/6/2015:
    -Bluetooth fixed
    -Graphics fixed (again)

1/4/2015:
    -Wifi Fixed

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we really expect and we deserve to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.

This post use codeworkx post and @ketut.kumajaya's T31x post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382750 as template.

****************************************************************************************

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] CM11 Development for T210(R), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3

Contributors
    gr8nole, hoang81, laufersteppenwolf
    Source Code: https://github.com/T210-dev

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: CM11

Version Information

Created 2014-07-29
    Last Updated 2016-06-15
    OK guys, I know it's been a while, but I have a little bit of good news.

I did finally manage to get the hwcomposer working (with correct colors).

Still haven't even looked at wifi again. Today was the first build I've compiled in a couple months, so don't get too excited. I don't have much time to spend on this at the moment, so please don't ask for an eta.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't given up.
    pre-Alpha-3
    fixed auto-brightness
    removed calling/mms parts

Not much progress on wifi or hwcomposer fixes.

NOTE: Stop mentioning me and ketut in your other T211 threads. Constantly mentioning us does nothing except distract us from what we are doing.
    Changelog moved to OP.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The list below is old.

There are currently too many issues to list.

6-28-14
    pre-Alpha-3
    fixed auto-brightness
    removed calling/mms parts

6-19-14
    pre-Alpha-2
    MTP access fixed.

6-16-14 Update
    SDcard access is fixed.

6-15-14
    Main issue I am currently wanting to get fixed is Internal and External SDcards are not working... and get hwcomposer working to help with slow ui.
    very veryy sloww devoloping uglyy

Maybe you just need to stop with saying these kind of things you realy think this motivates or helps the developer NO WRONG!!!

First of all your name is not realy original but you already knew that second you keep saying these kind of things and third but not least if you keep saying these kind of things DEVELOP BY YOURSELF!!!