[ROM][addison] Android Open Source Project 9

Search This thread

crazy4jack

Apr 12, 2019
It's called /e/ OS.
It works kinda like other stock ROMs, in the sense that you can create an account with /e/ to enjoy their services.
:

Hi can i easy flash this ROM on my Motro z play? im runing oreo lineage with oreo bootloader etc is this safe to flash Nougat rom?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

is only me or brightness on this rom is sstrange, i have brightness about 50% on this rom like 20% on stock oreo or LOS 15 and where is advanced reboot options cmon...

Last edited:

vrozsas13

Nov 15, 2019
Yes

Hi can i easy flash this ROM on my Motro z play? im runing oreo lineage with oreo bootloader etc is this safe to flash Nougat rom?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

is only me or brightness on this rom is sstrange, i have brightness about 50% on this rom like 20% on stock oreo or LOS 15

Yes, you can easily flash it. But you will lose all Oreo's goodies (like delaying a notification, for example), but substratum is easier on Nougat.
This ROM has very advanced brightness and screen configurations, very similar to LineageOS, including the LiveDisplay, that allows you to put the brightness at maximum under sunlight. There's also a night display, for people who use their phones a lot in the dark/night.

MroStudios

Feb 7, 2012
Guys, I'm having problem turning the dark mode on for google apps (photos, gmail etc.) I was able to do it on Stock Oreo. I flashed the pico gapps but also the playstore is white.
I can't even manage to get Magisk working on this rom. Does anybody know how to enable it so that the Safety check will pass?

dachau

Feb 9, 2011
Dachau
Guys, I'm having problem turning the dark mode on for google apps (photos, gmail etc.) I was able to do it on Stock Oreo. I flashed the pico gapps but also the playstore is white.
I can't even manage to get Magisk working on this rom. Does anybody know how to enable it so that the Safety check will pass?

With this ROM there is a partial dark mode. It changes many apps, incl. the Play Store. I use it as my daily driver and only have 2 negative issues with this ROM:
- SystemUI has still a lot of white stuff even with dark mode enabled (got fixed in Android 10)
- stability issues after some days of usage

But on the other hand, the ROM runs quite fluid. Magisk also works fine. Just flash the Magisk.zip files and install the Magisk Manager APK. Then, to pass Safety Net, you need MagiskHide Props Config, which can be found in the modules section of the app.

MroStudios

Feb 7, 2012
With this ROM there is a partial dark mode. It changes many apps, incl. the Play Store. I use it as my daily driver and only have 2 negative issues with this ROM:
- SystemUI has still a lot of white stuff even with dark mode enabled (got fixed in Android 10)
- stability issues after some days of usage

But on the other hand, the ROM runs quite fluid. Magisk also works fine. Just flash the Magisk.zip files and install the Magisk Manager APK. Then, to pass Safety Net, you need MagiskHide Props Config, which can be found in the modules section of the app.

I finally managed to have Magisk working properly. I can't find a solution for the white all over the place (settings, system apps...) but I'm super happy with the fluidity of the ROM itself for I'll wait for a decent Android 10 based ROM tu upgrade.

Feitan Borr

Apr 7, 2015
Hello,

I use the last version of the rom for some weeks now without any problems. Since 3, 4 days I have some troubles with my phone (lot of apps don't start, battery lifetime is ****ty, ...). I didn't download strange apps and my last change was Magisk update. So I don't really understand what's wrong.
To be safe I would like to factory reset my phone. Can I do it directly via settings or I will brick my phone ?
Or should I flash the ROM again and wipe all my data ?

Thank you

dachau

Feb 9, 2011
Dachau
Hello,

I use the last version of the rom for some weeks now without any problems. Since 3, 4 days I have some troubles with my phone (lot of apps don't start, battery lifetime is ****ty, ...). I didn't download strange apps and my last change was Magisk update. So I don't really understand what's wrong.
To be safe I would like to factory reset my phone. Can I do it directly via settings or I will brick my phone ?
Or should I flash the ROM again and wipe all my data ?

Thank you

Don't worry, I also have this issue. It's ROM-related. A factory reset will not help.
It's one of the downsides of this ROM. Probably Alberto would be able to fix it, but he quit development of this ROM.

If the issue appears, you can reboot and it will last another 3-4 days.
You might also try out unofficial LineageOS 16, it should be similar (also Android 9) and might not have this issue.

Feitan Borr

Apr 7, 2015
Last edited:

MZP_LTS

Oct 8, 2019
I failed.

Hi, guys,
my goal was to continue the ROM and keep it up to date. Sadly I have not been able to build the ROM successfully until today. Nobody gives me back the time I spent, it was worth a try, but it makes no sense for me to invest even more time.

Thanks to all the others, who have already reported about alternatives. I will continue to use this ROM for the moment, even if it becomes more and more outdated with time. But my device runs perfectly with it.
I would also like to have a working, up-to-date lineage ROM. But if this does not exist / will never exist, then the MZP will be used in the current state until the end of its life.

All the best to the tinkerers!

MZP_LTS

Subhransu90

Sep 14, 2017
I tried Aug patch with gapp arm mini but It doesn't boot and back to recovery mode then tried it with full gapp same happened then tried without gaap its boot up normally.. What's the problem.I was in xp 64bt ROM that's why I cleared internal storage too..any solution?

Last edited:
Very fast and fluid ROM. Just flashed this ROM with full Gapps using the latest official TWRP coming from clean stock and everything is fine. Finally able to play may favorite game that crashes even with clean and fresh stock ROM. A big thanks to the developer, got a reason to use this device longer :cowboy::fingers-crossed:

TeamMex

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
I tried Aug patch with gapp arm mini but It doesn't boot and back to recovery mode then tried it with full gapp same happened then tried without gaap its boot up normally.. What's the problem.I was in xp 64bt ROM that's why I cleared internal storage too..any solution?

Flash arm recovery then flash the rom again.

dachau

Feb 9, 2011
Dachau
This ROM is very fluid, but sadly becomes unstable after a couples of days. Recommend to go to LineageOS 16 instead or to use /e/ (no Gapps supported though).

Surprize

Nov 25, 2016
Has anybody been able to get the RTC working? I tried the following (the outcome is the same with system hwclock, Termux and Busysbox, using different binaries)
$ su
data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/hwclock <
1969-12-31 18:30:31.198558-06:00
com.termux/files/usr/bin/hwclock -w <
/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/bin/hwclock: ioc
tl(RTC_SET_TIME) to /dev/rtc0 to set the time fa
iled: Invalid argument
1|:/data/data/com.termux/files/home #

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-p-clear-bg-with-shadow-%25401ximage1.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Moto Mods are not supported, fork my sources and add the support yourself if this is so important to you

AOSP is Android as Google release without other modifications, similar to Pixel/Nexus stock rom but without gapps.
    Features such as Chop Chop, Double Twist, Fingerprint sleep and Ambient display gestures are kept.
    Google does not release an AOSP Browser anymore since Marshmallow, thus there isn't a default browser. If I find the time I might port and revamp it in the future.

Working
    • Audio playback
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Hotspot
    • Video Playback
    • LED Notifications
    • Camera
    • GPS
    • NFC
    • Biometric sensor
    • Night Mode

Not Working/Bugs
    • -

Camera2 APIs disclaimer
    If you decide to enable Camera2 APIs, be aware that in certain conditions photos and videos quality might be extremely low.
    This happens because Motorola on our device officially supports only the old camera apis.
    For this reason old camera apis are currently enabled by default.

Preconditions

Installation
    1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe system if you're coming from a different Android version
    5. Wipe Data (only if you come from a different ROM/Android version, not required while updating)
    6. Wipe Dalvik cache
    7. Install the ROM zip
    8. DO NOT REBOOT
    9. Install the Gapps zip (optional)
    10. Reboot

Downloads
    arm builds
    arm64 builds (No more supported)

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel
    Sensor HAL

XDA:DevDB Information
    Android Open source Project 9, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
    Alberto97
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-08-15
    Last Updated 2020-01-06
    Changelog

09/08/2019
    • August security patches
    • Enabled IMS carrier settings in Brazil as per latest stock oreo (you still need to insert yourself the IMS apn)
    • Android for Work Profiles should work properly now

02/07/2019
    • July security patches

09/06/2019
    • June (and May) security patches
    • Vibration intensity is now adjustable on three levels from accessibility settings
    • Occasional crashes at boot/bootloops caused by the sensor hal are now fixed
    • Exposed through sysfs some SD infos (SD status register + speed class + uhs speed grade) and internal storage health

05/04/2019
    • April security patches
    • Fixed adopted storage

09/03/2019
    • March security patches
    • Device now goes in deep sleep mode when using Always on Display

09/02/2019
    • February security patches
    • Device correctly boots when setting pin/password/pattern *at boot* now

19/01/2019
    • January security patches
    • Device specific gestures entry points in Settings have been reworked to be consistent with the rest of UI
    • LZ4 kernel-side improvements from Pixel 2 kernel
    • Back to Moto's F2FS kernel sources
    • Video stablization is now working

---- From now on all builds will be 32bit, wipe data is required if you're updating on the top of a 2018 build ----

Old ARM64 builds changelog

28/12/2018
    • Lags and slowdowns have been fixed
    • Bootanimation does not crash anymore

22/12/2018
    • exFAT support for sdcards
    • Rebased kernel on the top of Moto pie sources
    • Now using stable f2fs kernel sources instead of Moto's fork

09/12/2018
    • IMS related stability issues should have been fixed now

07/12/2018
    • December security patches
    • Low speaker volume is now fixed
    • Proprietary stacks have been upgraded to pie
    • BFQ is the default IO scheduler
    • Enforcing selinux
    • Flip to Mute: the phone now vibrates when you mute/unmute it, just like Google's Flip to shhh

10/11/2018
    • November security patches
    • IMS is possibly working now
    • 4K video recording is now available on AOSP an third party cameras
    • 1080p and 720p video recording on Moto Camera is now fixed
    • Camera2 APIs are now working
    • Prima wlan update to LA.UM.7.6.r1-03400-89xx.0 CAF release

03/10/2018
    • October security patches
    • Reboot to recovery is now working
    • Wifi - BT crash fix from the experimental build included
    • Moto kernel patches from 28.85-13 release included
    • Blobs updated to OPNS27.76-12-22-9 moto release
    • Added some padding between mobile signal groups (before - after)

15/09/2018
    • September security patches
    • Flashlight now works in DND mode too
    • Rebased kernel (again) on the top of qcom pie sources

26/08/2018
    • Auto brightness fixed
    • Encryption support implemented
    • Removed wifi display support (reason here)
    • Added Google Sans font
    • MAC address is properly set now
    • Added missing F2FS moto changes in kernel rebase

15/08/2018
    • Initial Release
    New build with encryption support and fixed auto brightness released.
    If we're lucky enough the issue where connecting a smartwatch breaks wifi was related to a wrong wlan MAC address (that has been fixed) otherwise I need at least a kernel log and a logcat to see what's going on (I suspect that could be a kernel issue).

I'm also afraid I have bad news for miracast/wifi display users. It seems that Google removed its "media side" support in P (commit here). For some reason UI is still there and the same seems to be for connectivity related stuff. I don't know if this is a mistake (but it does not seem so) or if they're just going to reimplement it later (I hope so). The only thing I know is that it can't work in the current state, for this reason I disabled the feature so that nobody is going to face this horrible crash.

Now, this this has already been reported but I want to clarify it. For some absurd reason enabling "do not disturb" breaks flashlight. In particular as soon as you enable this mode, chop chop gesture immediatedly breaks while the flashlight tile might take a while (but you can verify this by enabling "do not disturb" and rebooting, in this case flashlight tile is always broken). I did not have time to check what's happening yet, but it does not seem to be a device specific issue or if it is, it is affecting many other devices too. All this just to say: be careful! ;)

There are less relevant changes too, check them out in the second post and good evening :)
    June security patches are out. I've been busy on other side projects and of course I also got sick but there's more.
    In the last months the battery of my device has started swelling and now it looks quite bad. Sending the phone to a service center is not an option for me.
    I'd just change the battery myself but I don't think it's a good idea heating up a swollen battery especially without proper tools so I'm just stopping the development on this device.
    However I see there still are many people (relatively speaking, considering the popularity of this device) that rely on AOSP. For this reason I'll keep releasing monthly security patches, at least until Q is out.
    Though because of this situation I don't know if I'll be able to test them/all of them.

Talking about the latest relase, I wasn't able to fix or workaround in any way the issue with camera that is throwing many devices into a bootloop (the fix in the changelog is about another issue which is present in the latest oreo stock build as well but it rarerly causes a bootloop) but at least that's "fixable" by forcing a reboot by holding the power button.
    AOSP vibration intensity control on three levels as it works on Pixel devices has been enabled. It might not be ideal for those who looks for an accurate customization but it's something.
    Also some informations about SD and internal storage health have been exposed by sysfs. Most of them are not direcly human readable but some apps might want to show them (it's not like I'm working on one).
    That's all, mainly bad news but that's all.
    October security patches are out along with other fixes and upstram updates. Among the other things moto improved the volume up/assistant triggering detection on headsets (there were cases where pressing vol+ triggered the assistant instead of raising the volume). They also provided 64 bit configuration for all the devices that came with 3.18 kernel. This because the Motorola one got switched to 64bit mode in the last minute. I don't expect to see official 64 bit builds for older devices, it's not in their style and that would mean testing and fixing everything again but at least we have an official configuration, tested on another SD625 sure, still better than nothing (mine wasn't so that much different though ;) ).
    I'll try to include the VoLTE fix later but, again I can't test it , I can't guarantee it will work on the first shot.
    For any other issue, please include logs, I can do nothing otherwise.