• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][addison][arm] Unofficial LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

Bunt007

Feb 7, 2019
Agreed on the quality and reliability of this build. But this is not BtbN's usual device anymore, as you can read in recent posts. Already we've had a few 'extra' builds, and even of two types, signed and unsigned. This is quite a bit of work, for no reason, and for free. Can't ask someone to keep working for free for strangers for no reason.

It's probably time to move on. Alberto is still using the device and putting out an AOSP build. For those of us needing Lineage, fablebreton also uses it still and has the Lineage 16 build up to date.

I understand its too much to ask for continues support when this is not your daily device, I have tried to move on to a different ROM, however Alberto's ROM is very well maintained just lacks few functions like auto brightness n few goodies, and fablebreton's ROM won't let me boot until I completely format my phone and remove encryption.
Other wise I have tried almost every single ROM
I will stick with this Btbn's ROM until lineage os 16 or AOSIP from fablebreton gets the encryption part fixed, (he stated in earlier post he is clueless of resolving this bug) or wait for Alberto to include few basic function on his AOSP ROM.
I know everyone is putting their best effort, and it's too much to ask from them, every developer is being so generous to us, and I whole heartedly appreciate it.

Reactions: Ultramanoid

FelTell13

Oct 29, 2014
It's always annoying to ask something, but i will have to do for 2 reasons:
  1. This ROM is IMO the best for ZPlay. All Pie ROMs are laggy and slow, I have tried for months using them, but my phone felt like a potato. Stock 8.0 is buggy and using it is frustrating. Even AOSP 8.1 was really slow and laggy in comparison to LOS 15.1.
  2. The development of Addison is dying with lots of developers leaving it. Lineage 16.0 just got it last update...
I know you have a new main phone, but I think the community would enjoy a new LOS 16 ROM or at least an updated 15.1. Thanks anyway for the great ROM :)

thechloroform

Jan 29, 2018
Kudos to the rom developer too. I was in stock rooted 7.1.1 for a long while and over an year of its use started giving me ANR issues with several apps.

This rom has impressed me pretty much after it's initial install. Lineage OS 15.1 coupled with ArtxKernel is flawless both in the battery department and in the performance department. I do hope someone has used magisk with this spectacular rom too.

Last edited:

thechloroform

Jan 29, 2018
Although the respective developer has assured that he won't be active here anymore, I'd like to hear from the people using this Rom about the LTE issue.

Calls over LTE sometimes stops functioning altogether after a restart and I get a 'Call ended' error as soon as I try to place a call. Mobile internet is functioning well, IMEI numbers are visible alongside both sim in settings too and yet I cannot place any call at all. The screenshot shows the error that I get when I try to run one of my network codes. It isn't a network issue, since there's no issue during the other times. The people who do try to call me during these times, state that they can hear my phone ringing but I never get any notification to answer the call.

I have heard that this is call barring issue and I tried to resolve it by searching for the 'Call Barring' option in my default dialer app and in the network. I cannot find any option like that anywhere and the only way I can solve this issue is by removing my Sim and reinserting the sim back when my device is powered off. The reboot after that has no calling issues since LTE works. But I don't understand this issue and it has been bugging me for a while.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190605-010806_Phone.png
    Screenshot_20190605-010806_Phone.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 210

thechloroform

Jan 29, 2018
I am running Lineage OS 15.1 with ArtxKernel. The rom doesn't have any LTE issues according to the main thread. Here's the system log while I tried to establish a call. It showed 'Call ended' as soon as I dialed it. 4G Internet is working fine but calls aren't getting patched through. I had to take system log rather than dialer app log because dialer showed everything green. I hope this log brings me the answers to the problem.

Ejecting and reinserting the sim/sdcard slot temporarily solves the LTE issue though.

Attachments

• Log_2019-06-06_12-26-12.txt
    116 KB · Views: 1

mirkosrc

Aug 4, 2014
Who knows where to find the source code of these updates from btbn? I mean, how else could one verify that there is no keylogging or other bad stuff included? Think about what could happen if someone can see everything you do with your phone..

Last edited:

M4KR0V

Jul 7, 2019
Kudos to the rom developer too. I was in stock rooted 7.1.1 for a long while and over an year of its use started giving me ANR issues with several apps.

This rom has impressed me pretty much after it's initial install. Lineage OS 15.1 coupled with ArtxKernel is flawless both in the battery department and in the performance department. I do hope someone has used magisk with this spectacular rom too.

Could you send me the kernel link for the moto z play?

djdelarosa25

May 27, 2014
I know for a fact that exFAT support for external storage devices was added many months ago, but it seems like it's gotten broken again. Would it be too much to ask for a fix? :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    Moto Mods are not supported

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit Gerrit Code Review.

Not Working/Bugs
    • I'm not aware of anything not working, but this is still pretty fresh, so no guarantees!

Installation
    Make sure you have at least a nougat bootloader and modem else TWRP denies the installation by throwing a message about the wrong bootloader. I recommend bootloader and modem from OPN27.76-12-22. Further details and a guide to upgrade what you need without losing data here.
    Requires unlocked bootloader and a custom recovery

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. Install su for root (get it here, you have to enable it from developer settings) [optional]
    8. DO NOT REBOOT
    9. Install the Gapps zip (OpenGapps works fine for me)
    10. (Correct variant for both Gapps and su is arm for 8.1/15.1)
    11. Reboot

Migrating to the signed build
    To migrate to the newer signed builds, you will need to run a migration script once (or wipe your data).
    Script with my signing keys: https://btbn.de/files/lineage/migration.sh
    Instructions on how to use it: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

Downloads
    All files
    Latest version
    Last unsigned version

Sources
    Device Tree
    Kernel

Credits
    This is primarily based on the AOSP 8.1 ROM from Alberto97
    So most of the credit for this still goes to him!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Moto Z Play

Contributors
    BtbN
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-07-14
    Last Updated 2020-10-12
    New build with November Security Patches is available now.
    Made a new build, didn't test flash it though. Contains latest security patches as of today.
    New build with latest security updates and upstream LineageOS changes is now available.
    People are backporting security patches for way older LineageOS Versions than 15.1. As long as that's the case, I will continue to make new builds for this based on them. Currently waiting for June security patches to land in LineageOS for a new build.
    I am unable to test, and thus properly debug any builds for this device, so my builds are effectively just auto-builds.

I would still recommend to start looking for a new device if you are still using this one.