[ROM][AICP][7.1.2][UBERTC][SMOOTH] AICP Unofficial Build [t0lte]

Search This thread

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Hello guys,

Long time no seen!
Recently my friends asked me to build a new ROM for his old note 2. According to him, Resurrection Remix ROM is awesome. I tried to build this ROM for him, looks that my Linux box was too old, it consistently failed due to not enough RAM (also need fix some compilation errors too). Later I had to create a 30G swap for jack server to run properly. And luckily I successfully built one after 25 failures. It is built on latest uber toolchain. He tested it and said it looks good. So I decided to share it to my old friends here in xda. Enjoy!

Same URL in my OP. Due to I don't own a note 2 any more, I could not debug / fix further bugs due to the ROM itself. Sorry for that.

Thanks.

You've just released a rom based on our work without even asking or giving credits. Open source doesn't mean out of respect.
Furthermore, RR thread for t0lte already exists and the maintainer is doing a pretty good job there. Double threads for the same rom are against xda rules. I'd kindly ask you to remove your links.

Still tho, the solution is that you could build AICP or any other popular custom rom, we wouldn't mind.

wilson3q

Dec 6, 2011
You've just released a rom based on our work without even asking or giving credits. Open source doesn't mean out of respect.
Furthermore, RR thread for t0lte already exists and the maintainer is doing a pretty good job there. Double threads for the same rom are against xda rules. I'd kindly ask you to remove your links.

Still tho, the solution is that you could build AICP or any other popular custom rom, we wouldn't mind.

I have no idea what is ur work. RR rom behind uses a lot of lineage repo and Google repo. No one said I cannot build a rom for free. If you can build a better rom, I will stop. But I doubt.
If u just want credit, and u can prove ur work, I can add credit for u. Currently credit goes to rr team, old cm team and lineage team. Sorry not u.

Ps: my Friend told me, the other rr rom lags a lot, while mine are much smoother. We are here to create rooms for our community, to make phone users happy. I also obey open source rules. Stop fighting! Do ur homework!

Last edited:

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
I have no idea what is ur work. RR rom behind uses a lot of lineage repo and Google repo. No one said I cannot build a rom for free. If you can build a better rom, I will stop. But I doubt.
If u just want credit, and u can prove ur work, I can add credit for u. Currently credit goes to rr team, old cm team and lineage team. Sorry not u.

Ps: my Friend told me, the other rr rom lags a lot, while mine are much smoother. We are here to create rooms for our community, to make phone users happy. I also obey open source rules. Stop fighting! Do ur homework!

Sorry cause I haven't introduced myself. My other nickname is filiprrs. I consider myself as a part of lineage team and together with @PoisonNinja we were working on LineageOS 14.1 port for t0lte. See: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_t0lte/commits/cm-14.1

It's truly great for the community if your rom works better but in my eyes the change from the other RR rom is minor. The main issue here is that you are breaking xda rule #12.1 (but not that much of an issue as there are a lot more people involved as you said) and especially #12.3. I'd ask you to remove your RR download link so we don't get moderators involved.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to fight or disrespect you. Hence, I used your cm13 rom myself for a long time. So thanks for that. :good: I'm just protecting our work. As I said the ideal workaround and benefit for the community in my eyes (if you wish) is releasing some other custom rom than LineageOS or RR as that already exists. I wanted to but haven't had much time and HDD space for that before. We'd be thankful.

wilson3q

Dec 6, 2011
Sorry cause I haven't introduced myself. My other nickname is filiprrs. I consider myself as a part of lineage team and together with @PoisonNinja we were working on LineageOS 14.1 port for t0lte. See: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_samsung_t0lte/commits/cm-14.1

It's truly great for the community if your rom works better but in my eyes the change from the other RR rom is minor. The main issue here is that you are breaking xda rule #12.1 (but not that much of an issue as there are a lot more people involved as you said) and especially #12.3. I'd ask you to remove your RR download link so we don't get moderators involved.

Don't get me wrong I don't want to fight or disrespect you. Hence, I used your cm13 rom myself for a long time. So thanks for that. :good: I'm just protecting our work. As I said the ideal workaround and benefit for the community in my eyes (if you wish) is releasing some other custom rom than LineageOS or RR as that already exists. I wanted to but haven't had much time and HDD space for that before. We'd be thankful.

Thanks. True, rr rom exists, but does not mean it is sufficient. The rom has no update since June. Plus it is less tweaked and thus not so smooth. Not good for the community too.

Also my rom has my own patches too. That is my work as well. Unless u own the patent, unless u change gpl, u cannot preventing my changes.

Since u have proved ur works, I can give u credit too. If u insist to stop me from building roms, I will switch to another devise repo or revert all ur changes. That is my last resort.

Option58

Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2011
Serbia
Thanks. True, rr rom exists, but does not mean it is sufficient. The rom has no update since June. Plus it is less tweaked and thus not so smooth. Not good for the community too.

Also my rom has my own patches too. That is my work as well. Unless u own the patent, unless u change gpl, u cannot preventing my changes.

Since u have proved ur works, I can give u credit too. If u insist to stop me from building roms, I will switch to another devise repo or revert all ur changes. That is my last resort.

Let's carry this conversation over to PM.

Reactions: gregsarg

wilson3q

Dec 6, 2011
Would you expect much difference in this build to RR and LOS in respect of some of the bugs some people have had with those?
ie Calls not hanging up, calls not ringing the phone, random reboots
Just curious as to whether the nuts and bolts deep down are significantly different or not...

Nowadays all the ROMs are more or less the same. Each has own customizations and strengths. Some are not well maintained and have more bugs, and some less. Try to find it out.

waihung0626

Nov 23, 2013
Shantou
www.lidroid.com
The last build:
1.aicp settings>weather is Fcs
2.Language switching is FCS for everytime

and I was careful to remove nexuslauncher, who can upload aicplauncher for me, Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    Android Ice Cold Project

Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for bad things that happen as a result of flashing this.
    Screenshot_20171214-135819.jpg
    Screenshot_20171214-111713.png

My kernel source is HERE.

Uber tool chain source is HERE.

[ROM]
    Download Latest (credits to @c0urier)
    (Note: need one more reboot after fresh install for data to work.)

[GAPPS]
    Download

Clean installation is encouraged if come from different roms or android versions...

Thanks AICP team for the amazing ROM.
    Special thanks to: @DerTeufel1980 , @sbrissen , @rogersb11 , @TheBr0ken , @DreamFX , @frankie, @Option58, @PoisonNinja...
    I am still alive. Sorry guys, was busy with personal stuff...
    It is time to cook another build (ver: android 5.1.1_r6)! I will upload new build as soon as I reach home:)
    Thank you guys for supporting this ROM.
    Added a few more governors...Pegasusqplus, smartass2, lulzactiveq, intelliactive, zzmoove...

Interactive added, but not showing, will check later. But intelliactive is Google's interactive governor, should be better.

One interesting changes in today's build:

https://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/153188

Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    I was very busy with family matters in the past few days...i always try to update as often as possible.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app
    Next build will be 5.1.1 release 4...