[ROM][AL00][5/9/19] Mate 20 X GlobAL00ized 2.2 (EMUI 9.1 fw 120) [Debloated|DeOdex]

Search This thread

Kurocham

May 23, 2014
Everything works correctly now the problem is that there is not the battery application the optimizer and the notifications there is some solution thanks.

I managed to solve the problem of the hybrid installation.

Solve everything by going back to using the guide from start to finish, the error persisted. I restarted in TWRP and did a fatory reset and everything is great. Thank you

ben63vw

Oct 2, 2010
Can you just flash EMUI 9.1 9.1.0.120 over EMUI 9.1 9.1.0.119? And if yes, does it erase all your data and settings? I hate setting up my phone over and over. Thanks.

I'm sure you can, but you may run into issues with phone not working properly and have to do it all over again the proper way. Also, I'm not sure the GlobAL00ized rom actually has the 120 update in it. The phone needs the official update first before flashing the rom that goes with it for it to work as desired.

DavidMT909

May 9, 2010
San Bernardino/Highland, CA
I'm sure you can, but you may run into issues with phone not working properly and have to do it all over again the proper way. Also, I'm not sure the GlobAL00ized rom actually has the 120 update in it. The phone needs the official update first before flashing the rom that goes with it for it to work as desired.

I have the GlobAL00ized rom installed with EMUI 9.1 version 9.1.0.119. I just want to know if I can upgrade and not have to redo everything again.

flatronics

Nov 29, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I think was mention in the first post that upgrading via EMUI flasher does not reset/earse your data but I personally never not factory reset my phone after an update.

What I'd recommend is make a full TWRP back up then just restore DATA partition when you're done updating. Always save me a lot of time from setting up my phone again.

I have the GlobAL00ized rom installed with EMUI 9.1 version 9.1.0.119. I just want to know if I can upgrade and not have to redo everything again.

Reactions: DavidMT909

DavidMT909

May 9, 2010
San Bernardino/Highland, CA
I think was mention in the first post that upgrading via EMUI flasher does not reset/earse your data but I personally never not factory reset my phone after an update.

What I'd recommend is make a full TWRP back up then just restore DATA partition when you're done updating. Always save me a lot of time from setting up my phone again.

I will try this, but wait until my days off from work in case it doesn't work out correctly so I have more time to tinker with it. Thank you.

fitrockx

Jul 31, 2013
I will try this, but wait until my days off from work in case it doesn't work out correctly so I have more time to tinker with it. Thank you.

If you update through EMUI Flasher following the steps here it will not erase anything. I have done it and don't loose anything, but I always do a backup just in case.

ajsmsg78

Dec 6, 2008
Selden, NY
Huawei MediaPad X2
Xiaomi Poco F3
For those of you in countries other than China who would like to download the stock ROM or any stock Huawei ROM from Chinese servers or eRecover your device, change your DNS on your router to this:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

You'll see that eRecovery now downloads the stock rom in 5-6 minutes and your downloads from HiCloud (Huawei Stock ROMS) download at full speed as well.

ben63vw

Oct 2, 2010
I gave this update a go and all went well until it finally booted the rom. The IMEIs for both SIM slots were gone and neither of my SIM cards were recognized... booo. What partition needs to be restored via TWRP to fix this?

UPDATE: Booted into TWRP, copied all important file from internal storage, and did a full restore (all partitions) via TWRP, then phone would turn off immediately after booting stating it was low on power even when it was fully charged and plugged in. Did a factory restore via stock erecovery (it rolled back stock rom to 9.0.0 200) and did a factory reset. When it booted my IMEIs were back and SIMs were recognized. Not sure if the restore via TWRP helped with that or not. Flashed TWRP back and did a restore (just system and data partitions) via TWRP. Everything is back to before doing this update :D

Last edited:

vuhien

Aug 5, 2012
Vung Tau - Vietnam
New FW: 9.1.0.123
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...7/g4224/v268325/f1/full//update_full_base.zip

Changle log:
This update adds Moon mode to Camera, enabling you to take dazzling moon photos. Adds the support of Huawei Ark Compiler and EROFS, improving system performance and fluidity.
Master AI automatically identifies the moon and enables Moon mode, selecting suitable Camera parameters.
Adds support for the Huawei Ark Compiler, and improves system performance and fluidity.
Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
Optimizes the front camera picture effects in dark environments, for reduced image noise and more natural colors.
Optimizes Face unlock, fixing the issue where the screen would unlock but not light up.
Fixes the issue where the Search function in Settings would ocassionally crash.
=======
EROFS Files System:
The EROFS file system can increase the random read speed by 20%. When it comes to reading files types such as documents, music or videos, the higher reading speed the higher the response rate. Especially while launching a large app including a game, the startup speed will be faster and takes less time.
======

Last edited:

walkwitmeinhel

Aug 11, 2012
New FW: 9.1.0.123
http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...7/g4224/v268325/f1/full//update_full_base.zip

Changle log:
This update adds Moon mode to Camera, enabling you to take dazzling moon photos. Adds the support of Huawei Ark Compiler and EROFS, improving system performance and fluidity.
Master AI automatically identifies the moon and enables Moon mode, selecting suitable Camera parameters.
Adds support for the Huawei Ark Compiler, and improves system performance and fluidity.
Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
Optimizes the front camera picture effects in dark environments, for reduced image noise and more natural colors.
Optimizes Face unlock, fixing the issue where the screen would unlock but not light up.
Fixes the issue where the Search function in Settings would ocassionally crash.
=======
EROFS Files System:
The EROFS file system can increase the random read speed by 20%. When it comes to reading files types such as documents, music or videos, the higher reading speed the higher the response rate. Especially while launching a large app including a game, the startup speed will be faster and takes less time.
======
Is this for china AL00?

flipperg

Jun 14, 2007
So is it safe to flash with EMUI flasher on top of 120 Globalized ROM, or should I wait for an updated ROM customization package?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Mate 20 X GlobAL00ized project. This ROM's goal is to transform your Chinese AL00 into a global device. This ROM is based on EMUI 9.1 version 9.1.0.120

[size=+2]NOTE: YOU CANNOT DOWNGRADE AFTER UPDATING TO EMUI 9.1. Also, a factory reset is not needed if you are coming from EMUI 9, but if you want to, that's fine.[/size]

Join our Telegram group:
    Everest Dev

Requirements:
    TWRP
    Know how to boot into TWRP
    EMUI Flasher by @olddroid
    EMUI 9.1 (9.1.0.120)
    Transformation ROM 2.2
    Root with magisk
    TWRP image on your PC

Recommendations:
    Be decrypted
    A factory reset for first time users
    Magisk installed to recovery_ramdisk
    A backup of your system, preload, product, version, and vendor partitions. Not necessary as erecovery can restore your device, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Changelog in the second post
    Known Issues:
    Google Play store is missing
    SetupWizard doesn't work for clean flashes
    These will be fixed when L29 EMUI 9.1 is released.
    Sometimes the device will refuse to boot with magisk root and get stuck at "your device is booting." Hopefully later magisk versions will fix this. For now simply hold the power button down to reboot and try again. You may need to do this several times. but wait a least a minute before you do.

Installation steps:

First and foremost, backup your device. If you use TWRP or hisuite, go ahead and create a backup with either and backup your internal storage.

Step 1:
    Start off by downloading and installing EMUI Flasher below:
    Download EMUI Flasher

Step 2:
    Download EMUI 9.1 9.1.0.120 AND Transformation ROM 2.2 with either your phone or PC below:
    Download EMUI 9.1 version 9.1.0.120
    Download Transformation ROM 2.2

Step 3: If you have downloaded EMUI 9.1 and Transformation ROM 2.2 with your phone, skip to step 3.5
    Copy EMUI 9.1 (update_full_base.zip) and Transformation ROM 2.2 to your device.

Step 3.5: Now's a good time to disable any magisk modules that may modify or write over system files designed for EMUI 9, they more than likely will not be compatible with EMUI 9.1 and could cause bootloops.

Step 4:
    Open EMUI Flasher and select the update_full_base.zip and start the flash.

If you want to remain on EMUI 9.1 official without the Transformation ROM, simply let EMUI Flasher do its thing and you're done. Otherwise, continue on below.

At this point, EMUI Flasher will copy the update_full_base.zip to /data and automatically reboot the phone to nocheck recovery. You will need to pay attention. The flashing process will take less than 3 minutes and when it is done, you will need to boot into fastboot with the phone connected to a PC and the volume DOWN button held.

Step 5:
    Once you are in fastboot, open a command prompt/terminal where the TWRP image is located and issue the command "fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp.img"

Step 6:
    Issue the command "fastboot reboot" and immediately unplug your device from the computer and begin holding volume UP AND power (release POWER after the display turns on but continue holding volume UP) to get into TWRP.

Note: If for some reason you don't get into TWRP and instead get the boot screen telling you to press volume up for 3 seconds, do that to get to eRecovery, then SHUT DOWN from eRecovery. Once fully shut down, hold volume UP and power until the device vibrates and the display powers on--at this point you may release the power button but CONTINUE HOLDING VOLUME UP until the phone comes on and says it is booting.

Step 7:
    Once you are in TWRP, flash Transformation ROM 2.2. The ROM will flash magisk as well but you will still need to have magisk manager if it isn't already installed.

Step 8:
    Reboot Recovery from TWRP if you want root, or Reboot System from TWRP if you don't.

Step 9:
    Rejoice!

XDA:DevDB Information
    GlobAL00ized ROM, ROM for the Huawei Mate 20 X

Contributors
    freeza
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2019-05-09

Created 2019-04-13
    Last Updated 2019-05-09
    Patches and fixes

Restore Huawei Dialer and Contacts:
    Huawei Dialer and Contacts for EMUI9.1
    Is possible to build transform rom on al00 9.1.0.120 base, and over this emui 9.1. L29, to get google preinstalled?

Guys, does anything change regarding new updates transform rom with magisk 19.3 which supports EROFS? Is there still anybody on the development side of Mate 20x? If I understood lasts posts correctly, freeza's still active.

I regret that many people abandoned this phone in a sudden panic. Actually, I had never believed that Huawei would have lost Android, there are so much undefined rights and relations about it.

I really want to prolong ownership of this phone, 5g is nowhere really near the operational phase and I can't find a phone that better suit my needs. And I don't really see it coming. After this expirience, I can't stand insufficient battery, small and rounded screen, single sim, basic camera, obsolete SoCs, slow updates etc

But I really like to have Q, there is a lot of improvements which matters to me and I expect even more from EMUI 10.

I'm prepared to pledge a donation or bounty if someone skilled enough overtakes further development toward EMUI10 transform rom for China Mate 20x. And I believe I'm not the only one. :D
    4/22/19: updated for fw 119
    For those of you in countries other than China who would like to download the stock ROM or any stock Huawei ROM from Chinese servers or eRecover your device, change your DNS on your router to this:

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

You'll see that eRecovery now downloads the stock rom in 5-6 minutes and your downloads from HiCloud (Huawei Stock ROMS) download at full speed as well.