[ROM] [Ali/arm] [Unofficial] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
This is a full rom (not GSI) of lineageos 16.0.

Features:
- Custom pie based kernel with overclocking support (3GHz CPU, 800MHz GPU), merged in with upstream Linux kernel + CAF, and many other changes.
- Vendor repo based entirely on PPS 55-34 release.

Bugs:
- Dual sim devices currently broken.
- Live display high brightness mode greyed out (did once work, in progress)
- Some apps won't install from latest security patch.
- selinux permissive.
- Enabling FP gestures in gestures settings page doesn't disable navbar.
- Maybe more.

Installlation:
- If encrypted, format internal storage completely (twrp cant decrypt pie encrypted data).
- Wipe data.
- Flash Los zip.
- Flash opengapps arm (I use nano).
- Flash magisk if you would like.
- Reboot and enjoy.

Kernel source: https://github.com/RealJohnGalt/kernel-msm/tree/lineage-16.0

Thanks: HUGE thanks to karthick11 and Flash (wh0dat), along with petya230 and all testers in telegram Moto G6 group. Also big thanks to other moto devs who worked on Payton and other devices.

Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=295813

Donate (bitcoin): 1motoP5LR6nCXy8uPEy4mtpzzMJrnpFyU

Note: I've decided device and vendor repos will stay private for a little while. Full rom builds of RR and Descendant will be happening soon using these trees. Also ARM64 work has already begun.

Last edited:

m0bileb0y

Jan 2, 2012
Moto G7 Plus

Features:
- Custom pie based kernel with overclocking support, merged in with upstream Linux kernel + CAF, and many other changes.

Bugs:
- selinux permissive.
- Maybe more.

Installlation:
- If encrypted, format internal storage completely (twrp cant decrypt pie encrypted data).
- Wipe data.
- Flash Los zip.
- Reboot and enjoy.

Thanks: HUGE thanks to karthick11 and Flash (wh0dat), along with petya230 and all testers in telegram Moto G6 group. Also big thanks to other moto devs who worked on Payton and other devices.

Note: I've decided device and vendor repos will stay private for a little while. Full rom builds of RR and Descendant will be happening soon using these trees. Also ARM64 work has already begun.

It looks great! How about volte? is it working?

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
New Los build just uploaded. Faster GPS, dev hw random fix, and pinner fix. Still no WFD yet. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=295813

For me the sim card isn't detected in any of the 2 slots, returning to descendant gsi.

Similar problems here.. Sim is detected in Slot 1 but refuses to work with my carrier. In Slot 2 it doesnt show up at all. Everything else works fine though :)

Could I get a logcat of boot from either of you?

Reactions: rainspx

[email protected]

Jun 22, 2019
Similar problems here.. Sim is detected in Slot 1 but refuses to work with my carrier. In Slot 2 it doesnt show up at all. Everything else works fine though :)

Same here. When using one sim card, the sim is only detected in slot 1 and not in slot 2. When using two sim cards, only the sim in slot one is detected.

I've generated two logs with adb logcat, but they're massive and I have no idea how to upload them.

zwackelmannnn

Aug 22, 2018
New Los build just uploaded. Faster GPS, dev hw random fix, and pinner fix. Still no WFD yet. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=295813

I tried your newest build(lineage-16.0-20190623-UNOFFICIAL-ali), but the issue is still present.
OK so for some reason usb debugging wont stay turned on when the phone reboots. I had to use an app called logcat reader to get atleast SOME information.
Also I believe I am facing two unrelated problems:
  1. my sim is detected but the phone wont see my carriers' network (it does find other networks though)
  2. the sim only works in slot one

Same here. When using one sim card, the sim is only detected in slot 1 and not in slot 2. When using two sim cards, only the sim in slot one is detected.

I've generated two logs with adb logcat, but they're massive and I have no idea how to upload them.

Zip the logs and attach them like I did.

Attachments

• logcat_06-23-2019_09-59-12.zip
    162.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
Nice work!

Is this 64 bit?
No

I tried your newest build(lineage-16.0-20190623-UNOFFICIAL-ali), but the issue is still present.
OK so for some reason usb debugging wont stay turned on when the phone reboots. I had to use an app called logcat reader to get atleast SOME information.
my sim is detected but the phone wont see my carriers' network (it does find other networks though)
the sim only works in slot one

Not sure if I saved it correctly.
Thank you both. It seems the issue is limited to dual sim devices. I'll look over the logs and hopefully find something.

johngalt1

Jan 23, 2016
my sim is detected but the phone wont see my carriers' network (it does find other networks though)

What carriers are both of you on?

Reactions: rainspx

Richiachu

Jun 24, 2019
Getting an error upon reboot into TWRP

AP Fastboot Flash Mode (Secure)
Error: Failed to load kernel!
Fastboot Reason: Fail-through from normal boot mode

-------------EDIT

Never mind, was using the wrong kernel since my phone hadn't received the 9.0 update yet. Updated using the stock image provided on here and then reflashed it with magisk and nanodroid for microG, works fantastic. Thank you for the work, I've been waiting for a custom Rom for this phone since last October.

Last edited:
Reactions: johngalt1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features:
    - Custom pie based kernel with overclocking support (3GHz CPU, 800MHz GPU), merged in with upstream Linux kernel + CAF, and many other changes.

Bugs:
    - Dual sim devices currently broken.
    - selinux permissive.
    - Maybe more.

Installlation:
    - Wipe data.
    - Flash Los zip.
    - Reboot and enjoy.

Nice work!

Is this 64 bit?
    No

Thank you both. It seems the issue is limited to dual sim devices. I'll look over the logs and hopefully find something.
    It looks great! How about volte? is it working?
    Yes, it works out of the box for me as well as testers on other carriers.

Edit: also unlike GSI, nfc works for users on devices with NFC.
    First off: thank you! - working great so far.

Question: does this have dual sim support?
    It should, though it may not have been tested yet. Let me know if it has dual sim issues.

For me the sim card isn't detected in any of the 2 slots, returning to descendant gsi.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone