fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Brazil...South of the south
Reactions: Anhell

Droid Turboo

Feb 26, 2021
Dear fgl27
Thanks for all your efforts to keep our phones alive and updated.

Recently I have low in-call volumes during phone calls and I can hear the caller very hardly. (I Work in a noisy place).
I have cleaned the speaker holes of my phone but no change.

I searched for mixer_paths.xml file to increase volume manually but could not find it.
Would you please help in this regard?
Thanks in advance

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Dear fgl27
Thanks for all your efforts to keep our phones alive and updated.

Recently I have low in-call volumes during phone calls and I can hear the caller very hardly. (I Work in a noisy place).
I have cleaned the speaker holes of my phone but no change.

I searched for mixer_paths.xml file to increase volume manually but could not find it.
Would you please help in this regard?
Thanks in advance

You can't change digital gain on quark speaker as it has no effect I assume is a hardware limitation, but the path of the file is

system -> vendor -> etc ...

The speaker is the RX7 path found here

Try to see if the problem is on the speaker by using a headphone and calls from apps that use the internet as whatsapp and related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Turboo

Droid Turboo

Feb 26, 2021
You can't change digital gain on quark speaker as it has no effect I assume is a hardware limitation, but the path of the file is

system -> vendor -> etc ...

The speaker is the RX7 path found here

Try to see if the problem is on the speaker by using a headphone and calls from apps that use the internet as whatsapp and related.
Good day and thanks for your help

when I use headphones the voice quality is very good, but during phone calls I have difficulty to hear.
So there isn't any way to manipulate voice intensity by software?

I thought I am getting old until I realized that I could hear my other simple phone very good :)

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Good day and thanks for your help

when I use headphones the voice quality is very good, but during phone calls I have difficulty to hear.
So there isn't any way to manipulate voice intensity by software?

I thought I am getting old until I realized that I could hear my other simple phone very good :)

For the speaker digital gain has no effect, maybe it has but is so small you can't notice, for the headphone the kernel app sound section works for setting the an digital gain.

You can test the speaker on music, internet application that play something, just to make sure is not a call issue, I did some calls last few days all fine for me.

Droid Turboo

Feb 26, 2021
For the speaker digital gain has no effect, maybe it has but is so small you can't notice, for the headphone the kernel app sound section works for setting the an digital gain.

You can test the speaker on music, internet application that play something, just to make sure is not a call issue, I did some calls last few days all fine for me.
When I use internet applications like WhatsApp to call somebody, I can hear the other side very loud and clear, but during phone calls I have difficulty to hear and feel that the volume is too low.
maybe I am wrong, because I use WhatsApp calls at home, where is a silent place but usually use phone calls during work which is a little bit noisy.

Anyway if software trick is not possible, maybe I should leave it to a repairman for hardware manipulation.
Thanks

Reactions: fgl27

panaderodc

Oct 27, 2011
My searching has not found anything concrete, so... I have a droid turbo I want to use for the next few months, but I think I need the VoLTE. I had rr 7.0.2 running, and I saw this and upgraded. I havent put my sim in yet, as I was just seeing how smooth the phone was. Both seem good, but op here says no VoLTE. Any suggestions? Honestly if I have to go back to stock, I can, it will be for four months or so. I just want to get off the iphone I was gifted when my ph-1 died.
Thanks, and apologies for probably not being very clear.

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
My searching has not found anything concrete, so... I have a droid turbo I want to use for the next few months, but I think I need the VoLTE. I had rr 7.0.2 running, and I saw this and upgraded. I havent put my sim in yet, as I was just seeing how smooth the phone was. Both seem good, but op here says no VoLTE. Any suggestions? Honestly if I have to go back to stock, I can, it will be for four months or so. I just want to get off the iphone I was gifted when my ph-1 died.
Thanks, and apologies for probably not being very clear.
if you depend on volte use stock ROM I only have a xt1225 it never ever had volte or I ever had any way to test for it.

Shmaks

Sep 28, 2014
Hi fgl27. Thanks again for your work. Used yours rom for half a year already - works like a charm for me))
Any plans for LOS 18?

panaderodc

Oct 27, 2011
if you depend on volte use stock ROM I only have a xt1225 it never ever had volte or I ever had any way to test for it.
Thank you. I put the sim in and it works on rr, so I will leave it for a bit. One of the playstore apps says it has volte. not sure, but the phone works. I wasn't sure if verizon 2g 3g networks were gone yet or not. I do not see the volte icon in the top bar, but I can send /recieve txts, and calls, so I am ok for now. The rr rom works much better with a sim in it! it was choppy before, but very nice now.Cheers, thanks for the reply.

Reactions: fgl27

Top Liked Posts