• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][All Quark][7.x]Resurrection Remix

Search This thread

Hadlle

Apr 29, 2011
buenox.me
ROM is great, though, this black screen bug is killing me! I block the phone, and when I try to use it again, it does not activate, it only turns on the button lights. Just restarting the phone! :rolleyes:

Any solution for that? I'm crying right now :crying:

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Brazil...South of the south
ROM is great, though, this black screen bug is killing me! I block the phone, and when I try to use it again, it does not activate, it only turns on the button lights. Just restarting the phone! :rolleyes:

You mean during cast?

Hold the power button that will display the power menu then click on airplane mode that will kill the cast service and restore it.

Hadlle

Apr 29, 2011
buenox.me
You mean during cast?

Hold the power button that will display the power menu then click on airplane mode that will kill the cast service and restore it.

Not casting! Only using the phone!

And I can not turn on the power menu. The phone looks like it's dead. No response, just the lights home and back! The screen does not work and turns black .. there just restarting the phone.

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014

And I can not turn on the power menu. The phone looks like it's dead. No response, just the lights home and back! The screen does not work and turns black .. there just restarting the phone.

Never happens to me.
Can you tell me a way to reproduce?
Probably a config you did change a battery app or similar as is not present on all device running the ROM at least I only see you reporting this.

ghaem.xh

May 17, 2016

One trick is set double twist or chop to active camera then unlock your phone

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Hadlle

Apr 29, 2011
buenox.me
One trick is set double twist or chop to active camera then unlock your phone

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

I've tried these two modes, but it does not work. It looks like the system turns itself off. For example, it just happened. I had to reboot again.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Never happens to me.
Can you tell me a way to reproduce?
Probably a config you did change a battery app or similar as is not present on all device running the ROM at least I only see you reporting this.

I have used an application called Root Booster. It could be him. I will try to uninstall and any news I will return to the forum. Anyway, thanks! Excellent job

NepoRood

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 26, 2016
Bugtussle

Hmm, so far you are the only one reporting this, so it's very possible some 3rd party app is causing your issue. Granted, I'm not running this particular Nougat ROM, but I haven't experienced a random shut off of my back light. I keep my tree pretty much updated with @bhb27, usually only a few days behind (sometimes he reverts, lol)

Reactions: ChazzMatt

a-m13

Dec 16, 2013
Hi, on the last update I got some flickering audio issues with an USB DAC. I have the default CPU settings in kernel adiutor (CM stock kernel), and I had to switch to performance governor in order to get rid of these "glitches". I dirty flashed this update, maybe this can explain the problem. Did some of you encountered this problem as well (January 3rd update) ?

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

ceelos218

Oct 1, 2011

Can confirm I get the same issue.. screen turns black and only keypad lights on but no screen. Have to restart phone manually. Also phone shuts off at about 48% I've tried many calibration methods and none seem to work.

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Hi, on the last update I got some flickering audio issues with an USB DAC. I have the default CPU settings in kernel adiutor, and I had to switch to performance governor in order to get rid of these "glitches". I dirty flashed this update, maybe this can explain the problem. Did some of you encountered this problem as well (January 3rd update) ?

I don't think it affects but the only thing I have change and may is the I/O Scheduler, was noop now is latest bfq that have a better integration with CM code improves to the ROM, you can change back to noop...
Some user reported that using a different hotplug helps, in my kernel thread you can use latest Nougat kernel with the ROM works fine, then change the hotplug to Blu_plug or AutoSMP and set the Minimum CPU Online to 4 that will not cause the battery to discharge faster on the oppose of using performance that for shore will, there is also others CPU gov there that can give a better performance without too much power use.

Do you have xposed installed and any xposed modules? For instance, Gravity Box has option to turn off backlight and other modules have timing options I believe. If you have something like that installed, you may have conflict if your settings don't match the ROM settings.
No xposed to Nougat yet. :good:

I found little bug
Setting >> RR config. >> Buttons = Control Ringtone Volume = change to media is not work.
please check this :D
This doesn't makes sense to me, if you are not playing any media volume keys will change ring volume if you are playing media will change volume of the media, there is a drop down clickable option that you can use after change any volume to access others volume type.

Can confirm I get the same issue.. screen turns black and only keypad lights on but no screen. Have to restart phone manually. Also phone shuts off at about 48% I've tried many calibration methods and none seem to work.

And how to reproduce that, as I never had it I need to know how to try to fix it...

Last edited:
Reactions: a-m13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropboxusercontent.com%2Fu%2F281742759%2Frr%2F1.jpg

ROM dedicated for All Quark (Moto MAXX/Turbo and Droid Turbo - XT1225, XT1250 and XT1254)

Features Click Here

A01.png A02.png A03.png

What's working :
    • Everything

What's not working :

• None regarding all XT1225 featuring. General bug fix in second and third post bellow or some were in the thread use XDA Search in a Thread to find what you need...

Download Links :
    ROM:
    AFH ROM Click Here

Gapps:
    Open Gapps Click Here (Choose Platform: ARM, Android: 7.1, and a Variant the one that have all you need, I recommend the nano pack but it may not have all you need so check before download, in case latest gapps package from Open are bad, click here to open old released page and Download a old version

TWRP For Quark:
    TWRP Click Here

Instructions :

• Download the latest build and GApps.
    • Reboot to recovery (recommended make a backup)
    • Coming from different ROM? Then Always wipe Data (without media aka without internal memory)
    • Wipe System*
    • Flash the latest build and GApps **
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    * Wipe of Dalvik Cache and Cache not demanding, only necessary in some situations advised on update post, be aware wiping the caches can cause problem is some random occasion, if problem after a wipe of the caches happens do a clean install
    ** Gapps not demanding the ROM works perfect without it and there is ways to have play to work without gapps. In a ROM updates "dirty flash" if you have gapps always flash gapps again after the ROM update

Additional ROM Features (apart from Resurrection Remix features) :

• Kernel improves
    • Turbo Toast app, (app to display a Toast message informing the connection of Turbo Charger like Stock ROM "TurboPower connected")
    • BHB27 Mod Kernel Adiutor, a app to control many aspects of the kernel give the user total control of kernel functions and information on how the devices is running deep sleep time, battery status, logs etc.
    • Permission to install Motorola apps direct from play *included VVM (VVM may only be accessible with the link, click here and chose open with play)
    • Notification LED support
    • All the custom featuring of LineageOS available for Quark Like:
    • CMaction used to control quark sensor to enable gestures for ambient display, pick-up and Wave to wake the screen, Actions Double-Twist and Chop-Chop to lunch the camera or flash light, etc.
    • Support for all quark models (XT1225, XT1250 and XT1254)
    • Crossflashing & Configuration Override (You can crossflash radio image for a different variant of the phone, but the automated setup will not pick it up. Thus you'll need to manually override it through fastboot) check CM13.0 thread #1 post for how to and files CM-13 thread click here
    • Plus many others featuring, improves and bugs fixes that I have add/done for the past years to custom ROM for quark

Source :
    Device Tree
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree
    Mod Kernel Adiutor tree

Developer donation link:
    To donate via paypal click here
    No other donation option is available.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][All Quark][7.x]Resurrection Remix, ROM for the Motorola Moto Maxx

Contributors
    bhb27
    Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix/

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2016-12-01
    Last Updated Check Changelog click here
    Nougat to Oreo will be way slower then Marshmallow to Nougat was...

I expect something close to stable in 3+ moths from now. Right now it boots, display and touchscreen work but noting else not even wifi works...

I share a test ROM the day I have some of the main functions working, probably at the end of next month I have something, but maybe not.

Screenshot_Settings_20180212-173726.png
    ROM update! RR-N-v5.8.1-20170209-quark-official.zip
    Changelogs:
    Device Click Here
    Resurrection Remix OS - Nougat source and Quark Changelog

Download Links :
    Download: AFH Mirror ROM Click Here (This contains old versions)
    Gapps:
    7.1 Banks Dynamic GAPPS click here (Choose SDK25 version)
    Open Gapps Click Here (Choose Platform: ARM, Android: 7.1, and a Variant smaller pack possible, Install any other gapps from play, in case latest gapps package from Open are bad, click here to open old released page and Download a old version

TWRP For Quark: TWRP Click Here

Instructions :
    • Coming from different ROM? Then Always wipe Data (without media aka without internal memory)
    • Wipe System, Dalvik Cache and Cache
    • Flash the latest build* and GApps **
    • Reboot and profit!
    * Current TWRP in all devices for all android Nougat zip will display the below message during installation don't worry about it
    Code:
    [COLOR="red"]E : Unknown command [log]
    E : Unknown command [log][/COLOR]
    ** Gapps not demanding the ROM works perfect without it and there is ways to have play to work without gapps. In a ROM updates "dirty flash" if you have gapps always flash gapps again after the ROM update

Bug report are welcome, make with in the most accurate description possible, do not spare words, screens and logs, a bug that I can't understand and can't be reproduced, I can't fix.
    Always start a post with a bug report with @bhb27 and always attached a log .zip
    BHB27 Kernel Adiutor > Logs > One click all Logs to a ZIP
    ** If the device Random reboot all the logs are lost so just described like I ask above without logs
    Bugs without logs that are not reboots and without @bhb27 will not be read, there is too much posts on the thread I don't have time to read it all, you guys can post as much as you need of course as long is things related to this thread
    ROM update! RR-N-v5.8.5-20180414-quark-Mod.zip
    Changelogs:
    Device Click Here
    Resurrection Remix OS - Nougat source and Quark Changelog

Download Links :
    ROM:
    Main:
    Gdriver Mirror ROM Click Here (This contains current and previously version)
    Secondary:
    AFH Mirror ROM Click Here (This contains all old versions, but may not show last version as soone as update post comes up)

Gapps:
    Open Gapps Click Here (Choose Platform: ARM, Android: 7.1, and a Variant smaller pack possible, Install any other gapps from play, in case latest gapps package from Open are bad, click here to open old released page and Download a old version

TWRP For Quark:
    TWRP Click Here

Instructions :
    • Coming from different ROM? Then Always wipe Data (without media aka without internal memory) before the next steps
    • Always Wipe System*
    • Flash the latest build and GApps **
    • Reboot and enjoy it!
    * Wipe of Dalvik Cache and Cache not demanding, only necessary in some situations advised on update post, be aware wiping the caches can cause problem is some random occasion, if problem after a wipe of the caches happens do a clean install
    ** Gapps not demanding the ROM works perfect without it and there is ways to have play to work without gapps. In a ROM updates "dirty flash" if you have gapps always flash gapps again after the ROM update before reboot to system

Bug report are welcome, make with in the most accurate description possible, do not spare words, screens and logs, a bug that I can't understand and can't be reproduced, I can't fix.
    Always start a post with a bug report with @bhb27 and always attached a log .zip
    BHB27 Kernel Adiutor > Logs > One click all Logs to a ZIP
    ** If the device Random reboot also share the log made as sone as the device finished the random reboot

Bugs without logs, without @bhb27 will probably not be read, there is too much posts on the thread sometimes and I don't have time to read it all, anyone can post as much as is need of course as long is a things related to this thread