• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][All Quark][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Brazil...South of the south
ROM dedicated for All Quark (Moto MAXX/Turbo and Droid Turbo - XT1225, XT1250 and XT1254)

This ROM is the LineageOS from https://lineageos.org/ with specific changes to improve the experience for Quark that is why the ROM has the MOD type, all modification are in the changelog

Download:

ROM:
Main:
Main google Drive link

Secondary:
sourceforge (This is the server used by the Updates app in Setting>System>Updater)

Gapps:

Open Gapps

TWRP For Quark:
TWRP Use laste Mod version that I release Click Here

Installation:

• Make sure you are running latest MOD TWRP from xda TWRP thread
  • Download the latest ROM and GApps**.
  • Reboot to recovery (recommended make a backup)
  • Coming from different ROM? Then Always wipe Data (without media aka without internal memory)
  • Wipe System*
  • Flash the latest build and GApps **
  • Reboot and enjoy!
* Wipe of Dalvik Cache and Cache not demanding but may help with some random minor bug that show after a update
** Gapps not demanding the ROM works perfect without it but if you plan to use gapps you need to flash it on a clean install with the ROM, In a ROM updates a "dirty flash" if you already have gapps always flash gapps again with the ROM update

Changelogs:
LineageOS - 18.1 source and Quark Changelog (Click Here)

What's working :

• Everything minus VoLTE support for XT1254 (1225 doesn't have this featuring).

Known Android 11 issues :

• Not PRE-ROOTED, ROOT solution is available read this thread second post
  • Old issue maybe resolved on latest TWPR update but... TWRP may not be able to backup or decrypt data encrypted on Oreo or Up: no know workaround, one day TWRP will support it.
  • General bug help/fix in second post or some were in the thread, use XDA building "Search Thread" option to find general help for this thread project...

Source:
LineageOS Source

Device Tree
Kernel tree
Vendor tree
Mod Kernel Adiutor tree

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][All Quark][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1 for Quark

Contributors
Felipe Leon (fgl27) is the main contributor (as I'm the one making it).
But the XDA community, quark user base plus the open source community from XDA, github and the LineageOS team is what make this project so good, thank you all :good:.

ROM OS Version: 10.x
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: LineageOS 18.x

Version Information
Stable

Created 2021-30-05
Last Updated Check Changelog click here

Last edited:
Reactions: Nido221 and Anhell

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Below are some of the helps and or workarounds for the most occurring issues.

ROOT Use Magiks

GPS / Radio:
Changing/Updating the ROM may cause GPS lock problem, there is two separated help

option 1) Install "GPS Status & Toolbox" , open the app, slide the left option and open "Manage A-GPS state" click in Reset, after repete the process and now click in Download, close the app after receive the OK, wait a few seconds and try a gps lock using the same app, if that doesn't help try again after a reboot, if that doesn't help go to option 2 below

option 2) If the above doesn't help you can try to erase all the radio status
Erase the radio status also applies to the case you have No SIM Card or no Cell Signal level in status bar.
To erase the radio status is very simple just flash this zip "Clean_modem_status.zip" via TWRP no wipe is need, is also recommended to try option 1 after this if you flashed because of a GPS problem.

If after flashing the cleaner you find any problem related to lost of signal, re-try the flash of "Clean_modem_status.zip", if the problem persist, flash latest radio.img version via fastboot (aka "via bootloader")
Code:
mfastboot flash radio radio.img
find the radio.img inside the stock ROM xml.zip, some xml.zip and fastboot for windows can be found here (click here)

Random Power off or reboots?
To identify if the device random reboot or simply power it self off there is two ways.

1) If after the device goes black you can't power it up again without plunging the charger, then is because the battery is dead, even if yours battery had good % left before it shutdown yours battery is probably damage doesn't matter if the device/battery is new a battery can go bad simply by charging the device wrong, a wrong way to do it is let the device constantly go bellow 20% as low you let it get worse yours battery will be with time.

2) Check the boot reason prop "ro.boot.bootreason" :

Using the app BHB27 Kernel Audiutor > logs section > search in a log > mark getprop > search keyword "reason".

If the result is power_key_press the device didn't reboot it power off.
Code:
[ro.boot.bootreason]: [power_key_press]

On this case, is recommended to set the battery "Automatic power saver" from default 15% to a higher value then the one yours device is power it self off.

-----------------------------

If the result is reboot the device reboot it self
Code:
[ro.boot.bootreason]: [reboot]

On this case, is recommended to just share a log, do as is recommended on next post.

Bootloop to TWRP after a Factory Reset (Settings/System/Reset option/Factory reset):
This is a Nougat and up problem, it only happens if you are using a TWRP from the official site (with is not update to properly support Nougat and Up Android versions) or a old version of TWRP, to fix it just flash latest MOD TWRP version from the TWRP xda.
TWRP xda thread Click Here

Pictures access, view, sharing or related:
One thing that I notice regarding permission is if you have a app that access a folder that was created in older OS this app may be able to access this folder but not fully access the files like the below example.
You take a picture or a screenshot and can't see or share it with some apps, the simple fix is just erased/delete the folder with that problem for example the DCIM (camera folder) and or Pictures (Screenshot) folder under Main storage (or any folder were you face a picture or file access related problem), of course you can backup the files to another folders first using a file explorer that can see the files (maybe necessary one with ROOT access), then let the OS service recreate the folder, it will automatic recreates after you take a new picture or screenshot (or manually make the new folder if is a custom folder mane by you), test to see if the problematic app can see after.

USB OTG player:
On latest android version Nougat and above, to play anything from a USB OTG device is needed proper permission, that is not simple to give as the app must request it to be given, so to play anything from a USB driver find a app like this one

VVM XT1254 only
VVM app (VVM may only be accessible via play with the link, click here and chose open with play), VVM may not work correctly google has it on version is free and seems to work 100% Google voice, the in the phone app of b this ROM also has a dedicated option for voice calls

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Bug report are welcome, make with in the most accurate description possible, do not spare words, screens and logs, a bug that I can't understand or reproduced I can't fix.
Always post a bug with @fgl27 and a log .zip generated by the app
BHB27 Kernel Adiutor > Logs > One click all Logs to a ZIP (ROOT is needed for this)...

Even after a random reboot share a log
If is a Reboot/Power off related bug make the log as soon the device finishes boot up

Everything was working great, until this weekend. I was in an old hotel that gets terrible signal, so i used WIFI the whole time. When i left to head in to work this morning, i noticed that my data never came back. I can make calls, send texts, get on WIFI, use bluetooth... but the 4g LTE icon is not on my top bar, and im getting "No internet connection" errors. --- I verified that Data is turned on, i have something along the lines of "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" selected, ive restarted the phone, and ive tried popping out my SIM card and reinstalling it. -- Any suggestions?

Everything was working great, until this weekend. I was in an old hotel that gets terrible signal, so i used WIFI the whole time. When i left to head in to work this morning, i noticed that my data never came back. I can make calls, send texts, get on WIFI, use bluetooth... but the 4g LTE icon is not on my top bar, and im getting "No internet connection" errors. --- I verified that Data is turned on, i have something along the lines of "LTE/CDMA/EvDo" selected, ive restarted the phone, and ive tried popping out my SIM card and reinstalling it. -- Any suggestions?
I figured it out. I started playing with all the network settings, and i found one that allowed me to set the "access point". I found the access point somehow was set to "Xfinity", once i changed it to "Verizon" my data came back. I am not sure how it changed or why it changed, as it was working before I entered the no coverage zone.

Reactions: Nido221 and fgl27

ROOT Use Magiks

GPS / Radio:

Changing/Updating the ROM may cause GPS lock problem, there is two separated help

option 1) Install "GPS Status & Toolbox" , open the app, slide the left option and open "Manage A-GPS state" click in Reset, after repete the process and now click in Download, close the app after receive the OK, wait a few seconds and try a gps lock using the same app, if that doesn't help try again after a reboot, if that doesn't help go to option 2 below

Erase the radio status also applies to the case you have No SIM Card or no Cell Signal level in status bar.
To erase the radio status is very simple just flash this zip "Clean_modem_status.zip" via TWRP no wipe is need, is also recommended to try option 1 after this if you flashed because of a GPS problem.

If after flashing the cleaner you find any problem related to lost of signal, re-try the flash of "Clean_modem_status.zip", if the problem persist, flash latest radio.img version via fastboot (aka "via bootloader")
Code:
find the radio.img inside the stock ROM xml.zip, some xml.zip and fastboot for windows can be found here (click here)

I tried these fixes for the GPS a few times but no luck. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you.

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
I tried these fixes for the GPS a few times but no luck. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you.
Sorry I was busy didn't check xda for a while.
If those don't help the best option is to try Einsteindks from above post

On Android was added a update to the GPS libs that fixed most of the issue, that is way most don't have any issue anymore, but if you have one is probably something very odd that need a full clean to resolve.

Reactions: Nido221
Verizon just sent me this text. (Advanced Calling /HD Voice). I feel like I enabled this years ago. I went to search to turn it on and I see it's not an option. Is this something that was coded out of Lineage?

I know you have to activate it on your phone and then Verizon has to activate it on their end.

Attachments

• IMG_20210728_173539.jpg
    IMG_20210728_173539.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 18

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
Verizon just sent me this text. (Advanced Calling /HD Voice). I feel like I enabled this years ago. I went to search to turn it on and I see it's not an option. Is this something that was coded out of Lineage?

I know you have to activate it on your phone and then Verizon has to activate it on their end.
I believed HD voice needs VoLTE something that doesn't work in custom ROM

Reactions: imcensored1

fgl27

Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2014
opengapps release they version for Android 11, I updated OP with the link.

Sometimes after not using my device from a few hours it became very slow the first few minutes I try to use it, some apps freeze giving me that warning "app is freeze kill it" or something like that, I notice that a lot of service don't run as they did on old version of android regularly on background, but they sometimes run all together when you wake the device up.

Most are service from google apps and frameworks, to improve this I'm using this new battery option that show on each app info, that allows you to enable "Background restriction" see attached.

You have to manually set to restrict each individually app that you wanna to be restricted, after I did to almost all available apps, notifications are working as expected and I don't have slows down at least not from service on the background.

If anyone has some issue related try to use those options to improve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210802-071614_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210802-071614_Settings.png
    156 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210802-071623_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210802-071623_Settings.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20210802-071627_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20210802-071627_Settings.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Reactions: Anhell
I went into TWRP, and wiped everything except internal storage and usb otg. My gps still does not work.
Next step would be to save internal on an OTG, along with ROM & Gapps, Titanium Backup, etc, eject/remove OTG. Get into TWRP, wipe ALL, plug in OTG, reboot into TWRP, install ROM, Gapps & modem reset zips after selecting OTG as source. Double check yourself along the way, trust me! It's easy to forget a step and have to re copy files onto the OTG from computer backup.

Reactions: fgl27

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROOT Use Magiks

GPS / Radio:

Code:

Random Power off or reboots?
    To identify if the device random reboot or simply power it self off there is two ways.

1) If after the device goes black you can't power it up again without plunging the charger, then is because the battery is dead, even if yours battery had good % left before it shutdown yours battery is probably damage doesn't matter if the device/battery is new a battery can go bad simply by charging the device wrong, a wrong way to do it is let the device constantly go bellow 20% as low you let it get worse yours battery will be with time.

2) Check the boot reason prop "ro.boot.bootreason" :

Using the app BHB27 Kernel Audiutor > logs section > search in a log > mark getprop > search keyword "reason".

If the result is power_key_press the device didn't reboot it power off.
    Code:
    [ro.boot.bootreason]: [power_key_press]

On this case, is recommended to set the battery "Automatic power saver" from default 15% to a higher value then the one yours device is power it self off.

-----------------------------

If the result is reboot the device reboot it self
    Code:
    [ro.boot.bootreason]: [reboot]

On this case, is recommended to just share a log, do as is recommended on next post.

Bootloop to TWRP after a Factory Reset (Settings/System/Reset option/Factory reset):
    This is a Nougat and up problem, it only happens if you are using a TWRP from the official site (with is not update to properly support Nougat and Up Android versions) or a old version of TWRP, to fix it just flash latest MOD TWRP version from the TWRP xda.
    TWRP xda thread Click Here

Pictures access, view, sharing or related:
    One thing that I notice regarding permission is if you have a app that access a folder that was created in older OS this app may be able to access this folder but not fully access the files like the below example.
    You take a picture or a screenshot and can't see or share it with some apps, the simple fix is just erased/delete the folder with that problem for example the DCIM (camera folder) and or Pictures (Screenshot) folder under Main storage (or any folder were you face a picture or file access related problem), of course you can backup the files to another folders first using a file explorer that can see the files (maybe necessary one with ROOT access), then let the OS service recreate the folder, it will automatic recreates after you take a new picture or screenshot (or manually make the new folder if is a custom folder mane by you), test to see if the problematic app can see after.

USB OTG player:
    On latest android version Nougat and above, to play anything from a USB OTG device is needed proper permission, that is not simple to give as the app must request it to be given, so to play anything from a USB driver find a app like this one

VVM XT1254 only
    VVM app (VVM may only be accessible via play with the link, click here and chose open with play), VVM may not work correctly google has it on version is free and seems to work 100% Google voice, the in the phone app of b this ROM also has a dedicated option for voice calls
    Bug report are welcome, make with in the most accurate description possible, do not spare words, screens and logs, a bug that I can't understand or reproduced I can't fix.
    Always post a bug with @fgl27 and a log .zip generated by the app
    BHB27 Kernel Adiutor > Logs > One click all Logs to a ZIP (ROOT is needed for this)...

Even after a random reboot share a log
    If is a Reboot/Power off related bug make the log as soon the device finishes boot up
    ROM dedicated for All Quark (Moto MAXX/Turbo and Droid Turbo - XT1225, XT1250 and XT1254)

This ROM is the LineageOS from https://lineageos.org/ with specific changes to improve the experience for Quark that is why the ROM has the MOD type, all modification are in the changelog

Download:

ROM:
    Main:
    Main google Drive link

Secondary:
    sourceforge (This is the server used by the Updates app in Setting>System>Updater)

Gapps:

Open Gapps

TWRP For Quark:
    TWRP Use laste Mod version that I release Click Here

Installation:

• Make sure you are running latest MOD TWRP from xda TWRP thread
    • Download the latest ROM and GApps**.
    • Reboot to recovery (recommended make a backup)
    • Coming from different ROM? Then Always wipe Data (without media aka without internal memory)
    • Wipe System*
    • Flash the latest build and GApps **
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    * Wipe of Dalvik Cache and Cache not demanding but may help with some random minor bug that show after a update
    ** Gapps not demanding the ROM works perfect without it but if you plan to use gapps you need to flash it on a clean install with the ROM, In a ROM updates a "dirty flash" if you already have gapps always flash gapps again with the ROM update

Changelogs:
    LineageOS - 18.1 source and Quark Changelog (Click Here)

What's working :

• Everything minus VoLTE support for XT1254 (1225 doesn't have this featuring).

Known Android 11 issues :

• Not PRE-ROOTED, ROOT solution is available read this thread second post
    • Old issue maybe resolved on latest TWPR update but... TWRP may not be able to backup or decrypt data encrypted on Oreo or Up: no know workaround, one day TWRP will support it.
    • General bug help/fix in second post or some were in the thread, use XDA building "Search Thread" option to find general help for this thread project...

Source:
    LineageOS Source

Device Tree
    Kernel tree
    Vendor tree
    Mod Kernel Adiutor tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][All Quark][Android 11] LineageOS 18.1 for Quark

Contributors
    Felipe Leon (fgl27) is the main contributor (as I'm the one making it).
    But the XDA community, quark user base plus the open source community from XDA, github and the LineageOS team is what make this project so good, thank you all :good:.

ROM OS Version: 10.x
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: LineageOS 18.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-30-05
    Last Updated Check Changelog click here
    I figured it out. I started playing with all the network settings, and i found one that allowed me to set the "access point". I found the access point somehow was set to "Xfinity", once i changed it to "Verizon" my data came back. I am not sure how it changed or why it changed, as it was working before I entered the no coverage zone.