[ROM][ALL VARIANTS] LineageOS-14.1 for LG V20 [Weeklys']

Search This thread

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
Has anyone tried the above? If so please report what is working and what is not. I am away from home for the next 48 hours.

AwesomeFabe

Jul 21, 2012
Checked it out for a quick minute out of curiosity and it looked pretty smooth and seemed ironed out for the most part except the few issues you named. Great job. Looking forward to trying out the ROM and hoping for second screen to be somehow implemented but a bit doubtful seeing how v10 couldn't get it down. But hoping for better this time.

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
The second screen can be ported over it AOSP just needs recompiling of the Apk and integration into the Os.i helped with the LG v10 AOSP and I don't have the know how to do it but someone in our group was working on that before we stopped Dev for aosp
So things are looking good in terms of getting the secondary screen running on CM? This is great!

ZDeuce2

Apr 26, 2011
Cincinnati
OnePlus 12
hmmm how did they do that... its the oppisite for me. it extends the screen to the 2nd one so it acts like one big screen so the top left corner of your status bar gets cut off due to the fact that the 2nd screen doesnt go all the way across .i'll have to look into how they disabled it...
There's an app, or some where doing either in terminal, or over adb... I can't remember at the moment... I'll find that app, and see if I can find the thread for all of that.

Common sense isn't all that common

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Here are the two apps (over scan, & UI tuner) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=execbit.ru.overscan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bassel.uituner

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Hell, it was @mr turtle droid that found the overscan in adb.

To anyone wondering why the satus bar is in the second screen,use and and type in "adb shell wm overscan 0,160,0,0(i don't remeber where the 160 goes so if that doesn't work its 0,0,160,0)

Last edited:

mr turtle droid

Jun 30, 2013
columbus
So things are looking good in terms of getting the secondary screen running on CM? This is great!

Not really just saying if a dev picked it up they might be able to get it working right now the only way around is overecan.

It'd be cool to make the second screen like the heads up notification area or just plain out make it do the second screen is the status bar just not cut off

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Checked it out for a quick minute out of curiosity and it looked pretty smooth and seemed ironed out for the most part except the few issues you named. Great job. Looking forward to trying out the ROM and hoping for second screen to be somehow implemented but a bit doubtful seeing how v10 couldn't get it down. But hoping for better this time.

i'm more trying to disable it for now then work on that. having issues.

There's an app, or some where doing either in terminal, or over adb... I can't remember at the moment... I'll find that app, and see if I can find the thread for all of that.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Here are the two apps (over scan, & UI tuner) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=execbit.ru.overscan

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bassel.uituner

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Hell, it was @mr turtle droid that found the overscan in adb.

To anyone wondering why the satus bar is in the second screen,use and and type in "adb shell wm overscan 0,160,0,0(i don't remeber where the 160 goes so if that doesn't work its 0,0,160,0)

i'll try the apps. i tried the command but it screws stuff up. its hard to explain but it does move everything down.. but then with some apps like the settings menu it moves it down too far. like double of what i set it to which is 0,160,0,0 since the 2nd display is 160 pixels it SHOULD work but it goofs things up i think it could be a CM bug. i figured out how to disable it from the kernel but the touch gets messed up. it only disables the display part not the touch panel so say you want to double tap the status bar to sleep. you have to double tap the 2nd screen instead... coming along though

DarkestSpawn

Aug 16, 2010

Yeah we had people dip out quick on the v10. On the v20 we have more people still working on ROMs and kernels. As well as people working together and sharing trees and work so I see them getting the second screen working, Just not right away.

AwesomeFabe

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah we had people dip out quick on the v10. On the v20 we have more people still working on ROMs and kernels. As well as people working together and sharing trees and work so I see them getting the second screen working, Just not right away.

Yea. There always seemed some issue going on either in development or arguments over petty comments. V20 seems its turning out a lot better and am hoping the best luck for the developers

Zacharee1

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Not really just saying if a dev picked it up they might be able to get it working right now the only way around is overecan.

It'd be cool to make the second screen like the heads up notification area or just plain out make it do the second screen is the status bar just not cut off
Well I really enjoy the shortcuts and all the stuff LG put on the second screen. If it's really just a few APKs that need to be ported, that makes me hopeful for its success. I thought at first that it was some annoying proprietary thing, and the second screen would just be non-functional, but it sounds like Android sees it as an external (or even the same) screen.

I could be wrong, but I feel like as long as the screen actually does something in CM, it's very possible to make it do what it does on Stock.

suaverc118

Mar 19, 2012

Wow, you're working on a RR ROM for this phone??? I loved that ROM on my OPO! I assume someone would need to port this for the T-Mobile version? Or can it run on this too?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Also, can someone let me know or direct me to the most safest way to root this phone? I'm on contract with this phone and it's expensive. Haha

pro_granade

Jan 22, 2013
Kansas City
Wow, you're working on a RR ROM for this phone??? I loved that ROM on my OPO! I assume someone would need to port this for the T-Mobile version? Or can it run on this too?

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Also, can someone let me know or direct me to the most safest way to root this phone? I'm on contract with this phone and it's expensive. Haha
I'm focused on getting the Sprint version to work, then I'll compile for other variants. If you're on TMO, http://xdaforums.com/v20/development/h918-recowvery-unlock-v20-root-shell-t3490594

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT REPORT BUGS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A FULL WIPE, INSTALLED THE GAPPS PROVIDED , AND ARE RUNNING STOCK KERNEL WITHOUT STUPID MODS OR YOUR BUG REPORT WILL BE IGNORED PERIOD. ALSO THIS IS AN ALPHA EXPECT BUGS AND I'M ONLY ONE PERSON

These are OFFICIAL builds of CM/LineageOS-14.1 for LG V20 variants. I did NOT create this ROM, it is an Open Source project by the community for the community and I am the device maintainer of LG v20 as well as many of people contributing to throughout the ROM. thanks to all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod/LineageOS.

Supported devices: H918 T-Mobile, LS997 Sprint, US996 U.S. Unlocked, VS995 Verizon, H910 (AT&T)

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Builds are done on a Weekly basis
    * Do NOT ask for support for flashing in this thread.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * If you don't get a reply from me in a timely manner about your bug, file a report on JIRA
    * Respect all users
    * If I see a NOOB question and I don't feel like replying, I WONT.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Data
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Internal SDcard mounting
    • External SDcard mounting
    • Camera
    • Video recording
    • IR Blaster
    • NFC

bJO9QqG.png

• 2nd Screen Support
    • VoLTE and WiFi calling do not work yet

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • DO NOT dirty flash (or if you do, DON"T REPORT BUGS UNTIL YOU DO)
    • Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
      *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS(No other gapps packages are officially supported!)
    • Reboot
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM

w5xnyz0.png

• Any and all users in this thread who contributed or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
    • Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
    • Rashed
    • albinoman887

cvU6373.png

so here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means :)

Note: The name on the Paypal account may say Patricia, this is because it's a family Paypal account. :)

Thanks and happy flashing!

l5SakBJ.png

ROM: https://download.lineageos.org/
    Gapps: opengapps.org/

lSuV72q.png

https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_lge_h918
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_lge_msm8996
    sB7atuO.png

Mar 11
    ** Major Update **
    * rebased on CAF 7.1
    * massive cleanup of device tree and kernel
    * massive cleanup of vendor libs
    * Fixed 2nd backlight not matching main backlight brightness (fixes shadow in upper right corner)
    * Switched to source built ril, better compatibility and adds support for LTE Advanced (LTE+)
    * Enabled noise suppression during calls
    * Fixed issues with Google Camera
    * Fixed wakelock issues with bluetooth
    * aptX support
    * Fixed static screen on US996
    * A few other updates i can't remember
    * Any and all changes from Lineage at time of compile
    * Official Nightlies should be coming soon

Feb 14
    * Fixed Ambient Display
    * Fixed BT Pairing issues on h918
    * Fixed Bluetooth not turning on on other variants (ls997,vs995,us996,h910)
    * Fixed default bluetooth device name
    * CDMA should work "out of the box" now no needing to play with settings (sprint,vzw)
    * Disabled VoLTE and WiFi Calling settings as they are broken and causes random issues when dialing out
    * Any and all upstream Lineage updates at time of compile
    NOTE: as far as i know whats still messed up now is, low audio in video recording, no VoLTE, Quad DAC, and maybe a couple little things (writing this off the top of my head)

Jan 30
    * Fixed Bluetooth Wakelock
    * Fixed animation glitch when rotating or sleeping device
    * Fixed touch inaccuracy in 270 degree landscape mode
    * Baseband now shows in system info
    * Lots of Lineage updates
    * NOTE: Lineage is removing superuser from main rom and making a flashable zip. for now i'm still including it but this could stop at any time. Basically once they have the zip up on lineageos.org i'll remove it
    * NOTE2: released for all variants but CDMA devices still have the same data issues. I need more then just pople saying "this works" that works i need LOGS people...

Jan 13
    * Attempt #2 at us996 build
    * Attempt #2 at vs995 build
    * Attempt #2 at h910 build
    * Attempt #2 at ls997 build
    * All sources synced and up to date as of the build date and time

Jan 10
    * Fixed LS997 build to flash without editing script
    * initial H910 build

Jan 9
    * initial VS995 build

Jan 8
    * initial LS997 build
    * initial US996 build

Jan 04
    * Removed some unneeded telephony related overlays. Seems to fix slow connection of phone calls
    * Fixed Wi-Fi Tethering (credit: Rashed)
    * Various changes to fix GPS in navigation, not 100% yet but a lot better

Dec 28
    * We are now at the same state as the G5 builds
    * Removed LED settings since we don't have one
    * Add a couple missing build props from stock (dalvik heap size etc)
    * Updated mixer_paths.xml to match stock. (no real world difference just good practice)
    * Updated telephony libs (fixes the random FC of .timeservice and .dataservice
    * Fixed the static during boot animation (was a merge fail of a .dtsi for screen commands)
    * Speed improvments do the above fix
    * Wide angle camera now is usable in Snap. To use, just tap the button you tap for front camera until you get to wide angle lens
    * Synced with latest source
    * Picked commits that rebrand CM to LineageOS

Dec 25
    * Fixed UI "bleeding" into 2nd screen, still a animation glitch but tracking that down
    * Fixed Camera (Picture and Video)
    * Fixed LiveDisplay
    * fixed auto brightness curve
    * Cleanup

Dec 19
    * initial test release

l5SakBJ.png

lSuV72q.png

https://github.com/LineageOS
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_lge_h918
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_device_lge_v20-common
    https://github.com/Team-Hydra/android_kernel_lge_msm8996

Contributors
    albinoman887
    the second screen is more than likely rooted into LS's Framework (notifications) and not a public source. meaning to make it work like its current state will be more than adding a few apps.
    just my 2 cents

yeah i'm not even gonna try and bother emplementing its features i just want to disable it. i tried playing with the dts for the panel which i got the display to the right size but it messes up touch and hw overlays. wm overscan causes gltiches wm size bases its size off the center of the screen so to get everything out of the 160px 2nd screen you need to set it to 1400x2400 which isnt ideal and it causes glitches on rotation. my goal is to either A: fix the hw overlays then mod the touch driver to offset itself.. B: change wm overcan C: fix the scailing issues with the overscan option... been trying for days with Rashed but still nothing new..

got cam and ok google from any screen working though :)
    Could you do a build of Beanstalk or Resurection Remix for T-Mobile? Or are those still far away?

I'm getting my device h918 tomorrow to join in the fun. I'll be officially maintaining for RR
    new builds posted. major updates... if you have issues do a full wipe... make a backup before flashing... should be good though. even though i havent released a build in almost a month ive been working every single day to get thsi phone closer to stable status... we are pretty much there minus a few things like volte and low video recording volume. I should be enabling lineage nigtlies sometime soon. (week or two) after that this thread will no longer be updated... Ive spent hours and hours and HOURs on this and although it was fun I have everything I need for a DD working and the donations arent really something to write home about. I will still be working on it but i might not take as much of a active role in the xda community part until a new los version like los 15 or something comes out. We have a few great devs in here who have forked my work and are in contact with me on probably a weekly, if not daily basis. Basically i'm just saying if i dont post for awhile dont worry. thats a good thing. that means the device is stable enough i can just allow the cm servers to build and i can maintain the functionality of what it is at this state by fixing new bugs that crop up (if they do) from new source merges) But honestly i'm getting ahead of myself the nightlies arent even going for v20 yet so....

Enjoy the build guys.

let me know of any bugs if any