Discontinued [Rom][ALL_Carriers_Pie_Beta_S8+_ZSC2/S8_ZSC2_Non-Rooted_SafeStrap _SamFail]

Search This thread

k1ska

Jan 13, 2009
Watseka
So are we able to install the official Sprint Pie without issue or do we have to wait for some modifications to be done?

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
should I make the oreo thread U pie and this thread U1 pie or should I keep both pies in one thread. I will probably will not update U1 pie very often
I will probably make the Oreo thread U pie since oreo is done obviously.

Reactions: Sleepsy

rohitece06

Sep 14, 2010
should I make the oreo thread U pie and this thread U1 pie or should I keep both pies in one thread. I will probably will not update U1 pie very often

Whichever is easier for you. I am done with U1.... excited for official U firmware

k1ska

Jan 13, 2009
Watseka

That would probably be for the best tbh.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

So would we need to do a full data wipe to update to official? I apologize, I haven't messed with different ROMs since S7 Edge lol.

Last edited:

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
That would probably be for the best tbh.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

So would we need to do a full data wipe to update to official? I apologize, I haven't messed with different ROMs since S7 Edge lol.

If coming from U1 pie yes. If coming from oreo probably not

Sent using some kind of device I modified

Reactions: Sleepsy

Sleepsy

Feb 11, 2019
Good question. I don’t know if they work on google dialer or not

After wiping and restoring ZSAB backup + ZSC2 rom, I have the "Samsung Call" dialer back (v10.0.03.41, Samsung Phone v10.0.05.28) . The secret/hidden codes work again. So there definitely seems to be an compatibility with the google dialer.

I regret not trying codes for the google pixel.

Last edited:

mario6714

Nov 29, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S20
i have one question

i have this in the recovery:

E unknown volume for path [/odm]
E unknown volume for path [/vendor]

i have a problem jrkruse?

sorry for the question and thanks

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
i have one question

i have this in the recovery:

i have a problem jrkruse?

sorry for the question and thanks

No that’s normal apparently the recovery image is checking for treble support. Which are device doesn’t have

tommy_riley

Apr 24, 2009
Tacoma, WA
OnePlus 10 Pro
Thank you...

Hey @jrkruse -

Thanks for all your hard work on all these builds. You had allowed me to get a pretty good taste of the Pie experience for a few months before the rest S8+ users in US got it. And provided great skills in helping enable WiFi Calling and VoLTE to me on my U1 unlocked phone. There were a few problems, but all very minor and could almost all be attributed back to running on Beta software.

I had been having one big issue though was that my phone would never successfully switch over to Mobile connection after leaving a WiFi area. I'd have to go toggle my connections a few times in order for it to start connecting again, which a few times left me missing important texts/calls before I realized I was offline.

Anyway, flashes the Sprint official S8+ build last night, backing up my data first, using the HOME CSC instead of the regular CSC, and purposely wiped system and cache twice to bring this phone online as clean, stock first time experience. It worked without a fitch, and since I had my ATT sim card in, it gave me the ATT boot animation, the att bloatware, and most importantly WiFi and VoLTE (of course my SIM and my IMEI had already been provisioned for that experience) were also in working order. So it does indeed look like one build for all carriers per phone model in the US going forward - at least with Samsung that is. It will be interesting to see if LG and the like follow suite.

I'm going to miss the built in ad blocking functionality - but my guess is I can still apply the safestrap method to go in and out of safestrap mode even with this offical pie release yes? If you continue to do work on U1 or U1 compatible ROM's ALA AllCarrier style, I'll be around to check those out if you have some fun nuggets you have modified on those ROM's.

Thanks again for your time and your interest in all this. I've learned a lot just following this thread since January!

Hey @jrkruse -

Thanks for all your hard work on all these builds. You had allowed me to get a pretty good taste of the Pie experience for a few months before the rest S8+ users in US got it. And provided great skills in helping enable WiFi Calling and VoLTE to me on my U1 unlocked phone. There were a few problems, but all very minor and could almost all be attributed back to running on Beta software.

I had been having one big issue though was that my phone would never successfully switch over to Mobile connection after leaving a WiFi area. I'd have to go toggle my connections a few times in order for it to start connecting again, which a few times left me missing important texts/calls before I realized I was offline.

Anyway, flashes the Sprint official S8+ build last night, backing up my data first, using the HOME CSC instead of the regular CSC, and purposely wiped system and cache twice to bring this phone online as clean, stock first time experience. It worked without a fitch, and since I had my ATT sim card in, it gave me the ATT boot animation, the att bloatware, and most importantly WiFi and VoLTE (of course my SIM and my IMEI had already been provisioned for that experience) were also in working order. So it does indeed look like one build for all carriers per phone model in the US going forward - at least with Samsung that is. It will be interesting to see if LG and the like follow suite.

I'm going to miss the built in ad blocking functionality - but my guess is I can still apply the safestrap method to go in and out of safestrap mode even with this offical pie release yes? If you continue to do work on U1 or U1 compatible ROM's ALA AllCarrier style, I'll be around to check those out if you have some fun nuggets you have modified on those ROM's.

Thanks again for your time and your interest in all this. I've learned a lot just following this thread since January!
If you're on stock firmware, you will not be able to use safestrap recovery. That requires root. There is no root for Oreo or pie.
These roms have safestrap baked in with jkruse modifications making it possible to make modifications to the system partition.

Last edited:
Reactions: tommy_riley

jrkruse

Recognized Contributor
Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hey @jrkruse -

I have the DSC1 with safestrap. You should have went to it while you still has safestrap installed

Reactions: Slim2none4u

Chukozy

Jul 30, 2013
Is it possible to run a root Nougat Rom in Safestrap Stock Rom, then install a non-root Pie image on Safestrap ROM-Slot? or Vice versa?

I've been scouring the forum, but don't see it. (Afraid because it is obvious how to do or just not possible.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S8+ SM-G955U/U1 Version 5 Bootloaders!! Pie Safestrap System

Return To Oreo Can Be Found Here

Download
    G955U1_ZSC2_SAMFAIL_PIE_FILES.7z Latest Pie Beta Build 3
    Odin3.13.zip

Older Download

Install Instructions Safestrap Method

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

This will probable require a data wipe so be prepared unless you are already on Pie

If you are not already on safestrap system follow the Alternate Install Instructions to get to safestrap

1. Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your external sdcard or internal storage and the G95*_MODEMS_****zip

2. Reboot to download mode and in BL slot in Odin choose BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 flash and reboot to safestrap

3. In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select storage you copied system.img and modems zip to and click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swype to flash

4. When done flashing go back to home then choose install and select the G955_MODEMS_****.zip You may get an error in the modem zip about unmounting system resources are busy this is fine. When its done reboot safestrap. If safestrap doesnt open usually press and hold the buttons to reboot to recovery for about 5 seconds then release and rehold then for another 5 seconds then release and safestrap will usually open

5. When booted back to safestrap at this point you can flash mod zips

6. Choose backup select Micro SD Card and select System Image backup

7. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader

8. Use modded Odin and load BL_DELETE_CACHE_G95*_V5_BL.tar.md5 In BL Slot and flash

9. Phone will reboot to recovery it will try and process update then on blue screen you get an Error(Click For Pic) and recovery will start rebooting let recovery bootloop once then force back to download mode and goto step 10

If on blue screen you get the No Command(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title on the blue screen then let phone bootloop a couple of times until you get that error. If after several bootloops still no error force a reboot of phone and let it try again. If still after several attempts reboot to download mode and In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash. Phone reboot to stock recovery there wipe cache and reboot back to bootloader from recovery and go back and start again from step 8 You cannot move on until you get that error screen

10. Ok once you have the error and phone bootlooped after the error and you forced rebooted to download Flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in odin phone will reboot to recovery

11. In recovery wipe cache then from recovery reboot to bootloader

12. In Odin and load BL_G955U1_SET_VERITY_V5.tar.md5/COLOR] In BL Slot As soon as phone powers off force reboot to recovery. If you get an Error(Click For Pic) in stock recovery instead of No Command(Click For Pic) and phone says dm verity failed reboot from recovery to bootloaders and start on step 8

13. If you get the No Command(Click For Pic) and it says successfully verified dmverity hashtree(Click For Pic) Wipe data (if first install) or cache (if already installed) and reboot to bootloader and In BL slot in odin flash BL_G95*_****_V5.tar let phone reboot and you should be done

14. If phone gets stuck on boot animation or boots up then reboots constantly then reboot to recovery and wipe data

To Enter Exit Safestrap

1.BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V5.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash and let phone reboot to safestrap

2. Before leaving Safestrap wipe cache and dalvik cache

3. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader

4. Use modded Odin and load BL_DELETE_CACHE_G955_V5_BL.tar.md5 In BL Slot and flash

5. Phone will reboot to recovery it will try and process update then on blue screen you get an Error(Click For Pic) and recovery will start rebooting let recovery bootloop once then force back to download mode and goto step 6
    If on blue screen you get the No Command(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title on the blue screen then let phone bootloop and force back to download
    mode and In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V5.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash. Phone reboot to stock recovery there wipe cache and reboot back to bootloader from recovery and go back and start again from step 4

6. Flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V5.tar.md5 in odin phone will reboot to recovery

7. In recovery wipe cache then from recovery reboot to bootloader

8. In Odin and load BL_G955U1_SET_VERITY_V5.tar.md5 In BL Slot As soon as phone powers off force reboot to recovery. If you get an Error(Click For Pic) in stock recovery instead of No Command(Click For Pic) and phone says dm verity failed reboot from recovery to bootloaders and start on step 4

9. If you get the No Command(Click For Pic) and it says successfully verified dmverity hashtree(Click For Pic) Wipe data (if first install) or cache (if already installed) and reboot to bootloader and In BL slot in odin flash BL_G955_****_V5.tar let phone reboot and you should be done

Alternate Install Instructions SamFail Method

Download
    G955_ZSBB_SAMFAIL_PIE_FILES.7z
    You will Also Need To Download AP_SAFESTRAP_ONLY_SYSTEM_IMAGE.tar.7z

1. Extract Both zips and copy the ****_SYSTEM.img to your external sdcard or internal storage and the G95*_MODEMS_****zip

2. Flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V5.tar in odin Reboot back to download

3. Use the AP_SAFESTRAP_ONLY_SYSTEM_IMAGE.tar.md5 extracted from the AP_SAFESTRAP_ONLY_SYSTEM_IMAGE.tar.7z zip and flash in AP slot and pit file in pit tab in odin

4. When done flashing it will say fail and phone will reboot then either force reboot to download or wait about 30 seconds to a minute and phone will reboot automatically to download mode failed software update installation screen this is fine its still in download mode. If phone reboots too upload mode for some reason force it back to download mode

5. In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G955U_V5.tar in BL slot and flash and let phone reboot to safestrap

6. Return to Step 3 in Install Instructions Safestrap Method at beginning of OP

Pie Mod Zips

SM_955U1_Mods_Safe_OTA_PIE_V4.zip Only Use On U1 Pie
    SM_955_Mods_Safe_OTA_PIE.zip Fine to use on SM-G950(Do Not Use On U1 Pie)
    Google_Style_PIE_U1_Build4.zip. Google style mods for U1 pie.
    This installs all google apps and removes all samsung equivalent apps also adds same csc mods as the SM_955U1_Mods_Safe_OTA_PIE so no need to flash both.
    Also no need to use adb uninstall method on this zip the zip removes the apps for you
    Directions
    Goto settings/apps and add google dialer as default call app and allow all permissions on google dialer, contacts, launcher, messages and calander and clock apps
    Google_Style_PIE_OTA_Friendly_With_ADB_Disabler.7z
    View attachment Netflix_Fix.zip
    View attachment Adaway_Host_Blocking.zip
    View attachment Adaway_Stock_Host.zip

- @Raymonf for modified odin
    - @afaneh92 for safestrap Main Thread Here Consider a donation to him he worked along time on this Donation Link
    - @me2151 for finding this method
    - @tytydraco for some instructions
    - @mweinbach for some instructions, Discord thread providing the Pie update zips
    - @Craz Basics for xposed on non rooted
    - @partcyborg for finding the root method!
    - @elliwigy for being great help and original S8 root
    - @rayan-refoua for boot animation
    - @SamGuy2020 for testing S8 V5 install method and bricking his phone in the process
    - @Kamrys fir the V5 EDL files for S8
    - @XYLZ786 for bring to my attention the V5 EDL files for S8
    - @klabit87 for all kinds of stuff
    - @stang5litre for all kinds of stuff
    - @jds3118 for help over the years
    S8 SM-G950U/U1 Version 5 Bootloaders!! Pie Safestrap System

You have to be on a safestrap system to install this. If you are not on a safestrap system or for any reason you loose safestrap then follow the instructions found
    HERE

Return To Oreo Can Be Found Here

Download

G950_ZSC2_SAMFAIL_PIE_FILES.7z Latest U1 Pie Beta
    G950_DRL7_SAMFAIL_PIE_FILES.7z
    Odin3.13.zip

Install Instructions Via Safestrap

Make Sure The Latest Samsung Drivers Are Installed. They Can Be Found Here

This will probable require a data wipe so be prepared unless you are already on Pie

If you are not already on safestrap system follow the Alternate Install Instructions to get to safestrap

1. Copy ****_SYSTEM.img to your external sdcard or internal storage and the G95*_MODEMS_****zip

2. Reboot to download mode and in BL slot in Odin choose BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 flash and reboot to safestrap

3. In Safestrap choose install then choose select storage and select storage you copied system.img and modems zip to and click ok then at bottom choose install image and choose ****_SYSTEM.img then select flash to system image then swype to flash

4. When done flashing go back to home then choose install and select the G95*_MODEMS_****.zip You may get an error in the modem zip about unmounting system resources are busy this is fine. When its done reboot safestrap. If safestrap doesnt open usually press and hold the buttons to reboot to recovery for about 5 seconds then release and rehold then for another 5 seconds then release and safestrap will usually open

5. When booted back to safestrap at this point you can flash mod zips

6. Choose backup select Micro SD Card and select System Image backup

7. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader

8. Use modded Odin and load BL_DELETE_CACHE_G95*_V5_BL.tar.md5 In BL Slot and flash

9. Phone will reboot to recovery it will try and process update then on blue screen you get an Error(Click For Pic) and recovery will start rebooting let recovery bootloop once then force back to download mode and goto step 10

If on blue screen you get the No Command(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title on the blue screen then let phone bootloop a couple of times until you get that error. If after several bootloops still no error force a reboot of phone and let it try again. If still after several attempts reboot to download mode and In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash. Phone reboot to stock recovery there wipe cache and reboot back to bootloader from recovery and go back and start again from step 8 You cannot move on until you get that error screen

10. Ok once you have the error and phone bootlooped after the error and you forced rebooted to download Flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in odin phone will reboot to recovery

11. In recovery wipe cache then from recovery reboot to bootloader

12. In Odin and load BL_G95*U1_SET_VERITY_V5.tar.md5 In BL Slot As soon as phone powers off force reboot to recovery. If you get an Error(Click For Pic) in stock recovery instead of No Command(Click For Pic) and phone says dm verity failed reboot from recovery to bootloaders and start on step 8

13. If you get the No Command(Click For Pic) and it says successfully verified dmverity hashtree(Click For Pic) Wipe data (if first install) or cache (if already installed) and reboot to bootloader and In BL slot in odin flash BL_G95*_****_V5.tar let phone reboot and you should be done

14. If phone gets stuck on boot animation or boots up then reboots constantly then reboot to recovery and wipe data

To Enter Exit Safestrap

1.BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash and let phone reboot to safestrap

2. Before leaving Safestrap wipe cache and dalvik cache

3. To leave safestrap reboot to bootloader or download still does not work so you still need to manually reboot to bootloader

4. Use modded Odin and load BL_DELETE_CACHE_G95*_V5_BL.tar.md5 In BL Slot and flash

5. Phone will reboot to recovery it will try and process update then on blue screen you get an Error(Click For Pic) and recovery will start rebooting let recovery bootloop once then force back to download mode and goto step 6

If on blue screen you get the No Command(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title instead of the Error(Click For Pic) title on the blue screen then let phone bootloop and force back to download

mode and In odin load BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in BL slot and flash. Phone reboot to stock recovery there wipe cache and reboot back to bootloader from recovery and go back and start again from step 4

6. Flash BL_ENG_BOOTLOADERS_SAFESTRAP_G95*U_V5.tar.md5 in odin phone will reboot to recovery

7. In recovery wipe cache then from recovery reboot to bootloader

8. In Odin and load BL_G95*U1_SET_VERITY_V5.tar.md5 In BL Slot As soon as phone powers off force reboot to recovery. If you get an Error(Click For Pic) in stock recovery instead of No Command(Click For Pic) and phone says dm verity failed reboot from recovery to bootloaders and start on step 4

9. If you get the No Command(Click For Pic) and it says successfully verified dmverity hashtree(Click For Pic) Wipe data (if first install) or cache (if already installed) and reboot to bootloader and In BL slot in odin flash BL_G95*_****_V5.tar let phone reboot and you should be done
    I would like to say thank you to all the people that donated money to me in 2018. What I did was save the money over the year which added up to be a little over 200 dollars. I took that money and order 30 pizzas and had them delivered to my local homeless shelter. So thank you for allowing me too help out some people in need

Finally s8 users I am uploading ZSC2 Beta 3 for you guys
    With my internet speed dont expect it til tomorrow morning

Edit: Its in post 2
    Ok I finally updated the ZSAB files in the OP for S8+ The modems should flash correctly now and the odin files should work now.
    Since the modem files flash correctly that should fix your security lock issues