[ROM][ALPHA][9.0.0] Slim9 [ocn]

Search This thread

InsaneNexuS

May 29, 2016
Thanks for the update.

Which ROM do you have in mind ?
I was thinking of building havoc-os or Pixel Experience. Pixel Experience will be kinda like slim [emoji3]

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Would you be able to build Pixel experience with edge sense? That would be really cool! Havoc is amazing as well! Keep up the good work :D

Madaz2

Mar 22, 2011
Adelaide
Yeah following any of the links in post 2 doesn't take me anywhere that has actual links,

I had trouble with this the first time J wanted to try this rom

What's the best method to backup, is it in twrp or titanium

InsaneNexuS

May 29, 2016
@Flinny Do you plan on adding customization stuff from slim 8 in slim 9? I'm not really talking about edge sense, but maybe atleast a button mapper option or button brightness slider? I really like the clean feel of this rom though :p Not hating on this rom or anything. Just wondering since you said you were planning on adding stuff, but don't really have much time. Just wondering how things will progress over time with this rom :D

tembares

Sep 13, 2006
Sint Maarten
I know there are apps for it, but can you implement the network bandwidth speed indicator in the notification bar?
Our, did I miss a setting ?
If not, does someone have a suggestion of a good app? The only thing I want is the speed in the notification bar, nothing more.

filandry

Mar 3, 2016

Flinny

Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2011
Sunderland
I'll just put this here... it still needs a lot of work before it's ready to be useful to anyone... but it's starting to roll.

Attachments

• u11_10.0.png
    u11_10.0.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 1,041

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim9 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 9.0.0 Pie and offers the following original features:

• TBC

Important links:

slimroms.org - Our official website and your source for anything SlimRoms related.

Downloads - Slimify your device!

Installation instructions - Follow these steps if you want SlimRoms on your device.

FAQ - Have a question? Consider reading our FAQ first, you might find your answer there!.

Report-bugs - Found a bug? Send it our way!

Kernel Source - ocn kernel source.

Get in touch! - You can contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimRoms u11, ROM for the HTC U11

Contributors
    Flinny, Slimroms
    Source Code: https://github.com/slimroms/device_htc_ocn

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: Slimroms

Version Information

Created 2018-10-16
    Last Updated 2018-10-27
    How to install.

You're likely to have to fully wipe and fully format the data partition again.
    I have been using Open Gapps for testing (ARM64 pico variant)
    If you don't follow the above I can't help you :)

What works

All of the main stuff.

Calls
    Camera
    GPS
    Bluetooth
    Wifi
    NFC

What's still to do.

It's basically AOSP at the moment, there are no real customisations yet, they will come... but no ETA!
    Gestures/Squeeze etc see above.

What doesn't work?

Probably lots of things I don't use... You tell me...

Changelog

Alpha 1
    * Initial Release
    Alpha 2
    * Audio fixes
    * USB tethering should work
    * Started working over sepolicy
    Alpha 3
    * November security patch
    * Selinux enforcing
    * Probably other stuff...
    Alpha 4
    * December security patch
    * fixed a couple of sepolicy denials (thanks The_Walking_Playground,ValKyre for testing)
    Alpha 5
    * Tweaked the auto brightness settigns (quicksettings bar should behave now)
    * Disabled Interaction boost for now, there were some strange times it was sticking.
    Alpha 6
    Re-enabled interaction boost
    Advanced reboot menu.
    Alpha 7
    January security patch
    Switched to Tomascus's new kernel (non-EAS version)
    Merged a big chunk of Tomascus's device tree changes. (see Here)

Alpha 8 *READ CAREFULLY*

Time has been short recently, so other than merging in the March security update basically all of the device updates and kernel updates are from Tomascus (unofficial lineage builds)
    I had a strange issue dirty flashing this myself, It had been flashed over a couple of hundred times in testing... all of the settings categories were all jumbled up, no amount of clearing cache/deleting app data seemed to fix it. A clean flash did. It may have only been me, just be aware.

March security patch
    Switched to Tomascus's EAS Kernel
    Device tree updated with many of Tomascus's changes

Alpha 9

April security updates
    Synced more stuff from Tomascus/updated kernel to latest see device tree etc.
    Not sure if the settings issue going between alpha 6->7 is still there as I ended up wiping.

Downloads

Alpha 4
    Alpha 5
    Alpha 6
    Alpha 7
    Alpha 8
    Alpha 9

I'm running this, but obviously, use at your own risk... (I still recommend a backup before flashing new versions)
    I'll just put this here... it still needs a lot of work before it's ready to be useful to anyone... but it's starting to roll.
    I've just had little time to do anything/look at any issues, merging the November security patch and tweaking sepolicy is about it. I'll try to put up a build later today.

Sent from my ocn using Tapatalk
    Hi @Flinny,

The only thing I really miss from Lineage is the Advanced Reboot feature. Is there any way to have that added to Slim?

TWP
    I did a quick update, Alpha 6 has the interaction boost and an advanced reboot menu.

Sent from my ocn using Tapatalk
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone