Thanks to DragonzKiller for his work on...Credit to dzk for the inital write up here:
CYANOGEN MOD 10
CYANOGEN MOD 10
Check out the original write up for a list of all the features
- WIFI (if the patch works)
- Google Now
- Camera (see known issues)
sdcard mapping are as follows the internal sd card /storage/sdcard0 and the external sdcard /storage/sdcard1
Taken from original post
New to Alpha 3:
New cyanogenmod updates/features added in.
use the regular bootstraprecovery not the cm patched one make sure to install it everytime you wish to use it.
Known issues list from the original post
- Recovery: Fixed in Alpha 2!
- Stability: While not exactly an issue as CM10 is INCREDIBLY more stable than CM9, that doesn't mean that it's 100% yet. As of now, I've only had the broswer crash twice and the notification drawer flicker once. Your milage will vary.
- Camera: At it's current state, the camera (not camcorder) will work. HOWEVER, the preview for the camera in the main camera app does not at the moment. It only shows a white rectangle. If you point at something and press the button, it should take a photo. Other camera apps show the display, but update it very slowly causing an ANR. Again, your milage may vary. ** Fixed in Alpha 2 (except camcorder) ***
- Some ICS/JB Apps Will Crash: This is noticable on Chrome for example. This is because our drivers don't have Exteral OES Textures. Basically that means when the apps want to draw using them (such as with Chrome's tab preview) the app will crash. This is the same problem on CM9/ICS. There is nothing we can do.
- Data usage: Just don't ask me. I might get to it again one day. We'll see.
- Apps on SD Card: Do not persist on reboot, expect fix in Alpha 3?
How to install:
Again credit to DzK
This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache. SBF if coming from Alpha 1.
- READ THE ENTIRE POST
- Download the links provided below and put it on the External SD Card
- Install the BSR (patched if on an AOSP based ROM, unpatched if on BLUR)
- Reboot into the BSR
- Install the CM10 zip from the SD Card
- Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
- Wipe both DATA and CACHE (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
- Install WIFI Patch from SD Card
- Reboot your phone
- Enjoy a better phone experience
Required Download the JB 4.1.x apps: http://goo.im/gapps
CM10 Alpha 3 Link Must SBF before updating: Google Drive:best link
MD5: 659fc26bebca317168214cebf051cd3f cm10-01272013-unofficial-mx2.zip
WIFI Patch: Gdrive
New CM10 Features added since October
Update to 4.1.2
Fix rebooting problem with SD Card apps
Fixed internal/external swapping
Performance updates via libc enhancements
Some others, it's been a while
Fix SD Card apps
Fixed camera app
Added Advanced Settings (only HWA working)
New WIFI Module (DX2 only)
mediaserver (apparently) fixed
On a final note please keep the thread on topic if you would like to say thanks theres a button for that. this makes it easer to respond to questions and people who need help.