[ROM][ALPHA][JB]CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 3 [UPDATED 1/13]

Search This thread

trollallot

Jan 23, 2011
y8y9u3u7.jpg
pu7unyty.jpg

Very happy with the battery life of first day running Rom with new battery! Using almost all inverted apps. Also using ram booster pro...no scripts

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk now Free

Uzephi

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2012
Phoenix
Google Pixel 3a
My X2 still does this (on the original battery). I'm sure replacing the battery would fix it but as I've moved on I can't justify it.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

I struggle to get 3 hours OST with my Galaxy on stock battery. This makes me feel inferior. :p

Sent from my CM Powered Galaxy S III

Feel like going back to the x2 now? :p I know the feeling, this Rezound gets 2-2.5hrs OST off a 1590Mah battery. IIRC my X2 used a 1500?

trollallot

Jan 23, 2011
Nope, I can get more done with less screen time on this phone since the X2 is the slowest thing ever. :p

Sent from my CM Powered Galaxy S III

I tend to disagree. You must never of had to use the lg vortex...that is the slowest thing ever! Lol this device is a huge step up from that! And was only $50...I'm actually quite happy and content with it as a stepping stone to a better device once again

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

trollallot

Jan 23, 2011
Running this v6 supercharged now... Waited to do this to see if there really was a difference. Well yes there is! Really flies now... Battery results later

meskes

Feb 7, 2012
Tucson
I tend to disagree. You must never of had to use the lg vortex...that is the slowest thing ever! Lol this device is a huge step up from that! And was only $50...I'm actually quite happy and content with it as a stepping stone to a better device once again

While it was slow, hardware quality wise, it was a much better phone.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Samsung Galaxy SIII, via Tapatalk.

apples723

Feb 1, 2013
Why doesnt wifi work with both the patch and without the patch on the latest version?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Why doesnt wifi work with both the patch and without the patch on the latest version?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Most likely cause of wifi not working is installing cm10 on wrong kernel/base, flash 2.3.4 sbf with rsd lite, and start over

Don't use rsd lite if phone is flashed to a non verizon network.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

gmanfunk

Dec 14, 2013
CM10 Jellybean versions

I am running CM10 20130112 with gapps 20121011 on my MX2 and everything runs great. Not perfect but better than Gingerbread.

What does not work is, Video's play the audio but black out video, Cannot send or receive pics in texts, and cannot take video's through the camera.

I am living with it all to date with no problems as I really love this rom compared to stock !!!!

But, Can I put CM10 20130112 with gapps 20130813?

I was just following the rules with the gapp I have and do not know enough if I should change it as I am assuming the 130813 is the latest gapp but do not know if it will work with my phone and version of CM10?

Thank You :)

Merlin11

Mar 7, 2014
The link to Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps is bad any one know where I can find it? By the way my phone found it and I download the 4.1 flash from there. How would I use it to upgrade my phone to 4.1. My phone is at 2.3.4 now.

Last edited:

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
The link to Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps is bad any one know where I can find it? By the way my phone found it and I download the 4.1 flash from there. How would I use it to upgrade my phone to 4.1. My phone is at 2.3.4 now.

Links to gapps in my list
sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links for Droid X2
Flash gapps same way as rom
Verify zips md5 checksums before flashing
[How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Merlin11

Mar 7, 2014
Links to gapps in my list
sd_shadow's (themib) [Collection] of Links for Droid X2
Flash gapps same way as rom
Verify zips md5 checksums before flashing
[How to] Verify that your download is complete with MD5/SHA-1 Hash Checksums

Now that the phone is rooted and down graded to android ver 2.3.4 (from 2.3.5) it no longer can use date or make or receive calls? There is a triangle where there use to be the 3G icon? Does any one know what I did wrong?

sd_shadow

Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Now that the phone is rooted and down graded to android ver 2.3.4 (from 2.3.5) it no longer can use date or make or receive calls? There is a triangle where there use to be the 3G icon? Does any one know what I did wrong?

Try dialing *228
Phone was on verizon?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dragonzkiller presents:
    CyanogenMod 10.0.0-RC0 For the Droid X2
    An Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Experience
    E1lOV.png
    0YBTP.png
    YLDMh.png

HVbD4.png
    RyK9S.png
    0h4W9.png

Features:
    • Pop-up Text Message Notifications
    • Lockscreen Customization
    • Status Bar/Pulldown Customization
    • Homescreen/Drawer Customization
    • Themes
    • Profiles
    • Hard Button Key Remapping
    • Quiet Hours
    • And ALL the Jellybean Featues: Google Now, Smarter Keyboard, Notifications Overhaul, and much much more!

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth (see known issues)
    • 3G
    • Calling
    • GPS
    • Google Now
    • Audio System! (This was the biggest thing keeping me from releasing CM10.)
    • Camera..... ish (See known issues)
    • Maps (You won't end up in a lake in Norway on your trip to the movie theater)

New to Alpha 3:
    • Not much: that's about it. Few added features that were added from October until January, but not much has really changed.

Known Issues:
    • Recovery: Recovery has been fixed since Alpha 2, but flashing ROMs doesn't work. Restoring nandroids will work fine however.
    • Bluesleep/Deep Sleep: at it's current state, Alpha 2 doesn't have the bluesleep fix in it. This is because when it is enabled the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen back on when it's supposed to also causing the phone call to kill audio. This problem can also occur by toggling bluetooth ("fixing the bluesleep"). The only known work around is to press the home button and swipe your finger across the sensor. Thanks to 32BitWhore for the help.
    • Stability: While not exactly an issue as CM10 is INCREDIBLY more stable than CM9, that doesn't mean that it's 100% yet. As of now, I've only had the broswer crash twice and the notification drawer flicker once. Your milage will vary.
    • Camera: At it's current state, the camcorder will not work like in CM9. I can't really do much about that for the moment or at all.
    • Some ICS/JB Apps Will Crash: This is noticeable on Chrome for example. This is because our drivers don't have External OES Textures. Basically that means when the apps want to draw using them (such as with Chrome's tab preview) the app will crash. This is the same problem on CM9/ICS. There is nothing we can do.
    • Data usage: Just don't ask me. I might get to it again one day. We'll see.

Installation:
    This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache if from CM7/BLUR. (CM9 should work w/o wipe, but it's untested).
    1. READ THE ENTIRE POST
    2. Download the links provided below and put it on the External SD Card
    3. Install the BSR (patched if on an AOSP based ROM, unpatched if on BLUR)
    4. Reboot into the BSR
    5. NANDROID
    6. Install the CM10 zip from the SD Card
    7. Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
    8. MILESTONE X2 USERS ONLY: Install the WiFi patch from the SD Card
    9. Wipe both DATA and CACHE if coming from BLUR or CM7 (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
    10. Reboot your phone
    11. Enjoy a better phone experience

Downloads:
    Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way :)
    I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. Flash at your own risk.
    REQUIRED Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps. Download the latest Jellybean version (for 4.1.x) of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.

MUST SBF IF COMING FROM A1.
    CyanogenMod 10-20130113-Daytona Alpha 3: http://d-h.st/82g

Milestone X2 WiFi Patch (for all versions of 10): http://d-h.st/Pdy

Changelog:
    Alpha 3:
    New CM10 Features added since October

Alpha 2.999999999999:
    Update to 4.1.2
    Fix rebooting problem with SD Card apps
    Fixed internal/external swapping
    Performance updates via libc enhancements
    Some others, it's been a while
    CyanogenMod 10-20121028-Daytona Alpha 2.99999999: http://d-h.st/QcA

Alpha 2:
    Fix SD Card apps
    Fixed camera app
    Added Advanced Settings (only HWA working)
    New WIFI Module (DX2 only)
    mediaserver (apparently) fixed
    CyanogenMod 10-20121007-Daytona Alpha 2: http://d-h.st/9J6

Alpha 1:
    First Public Release
    Download: CyanogenMod 10-20120928-Daytona Alpha1: http://d-h.st/7y5
    Hey guys it's me. I've decided to spend time actually updating everything tonight. It's going to take FOREVER to get all the code updated (especially to 4.2). Also I'll work on getting the current sound drivers in that build working and release it tonight.
    Well... I'm still here. Even if I'm busy. And I'm working on 4.2.2 right now.
    Charge Mode/Recovery Fix for Alpha 1

OK guys I have the fix for Alpha 1's charge mode and recovery please follow the steps carefully as I make sure everything is covered and that there are no questions to ask as long as you have read them and followed them properly. In my opinion if you already have ADB working, it is the easiest. It only looks long because it explains how to set EVERYTHING up if you don't have it. it is also VERY WISE to check the md5sum of the download to make sure it is correct and then checking the md5sum of the file once it is on the phone. This is easily done in Linux based distros (and on the phone in Terminal Emulator) as "md5sum hijack-boot.zip" (assuming you're in the same directory as it)

Pushing the new file using ADB:
    1. Download the Android SDK OR any of the One-Click Roots. This has ADB which is required to push the files on the device. (Note: For the SDK, you'll have to start it up and then download "platform tools")
    2. Plug your phone into your computer with the USB cable
    3. If on Windows, you might have to download the appropriate drivers in order for it to find all of the necessary devices.
    4. If on Ubuntu based distros (and some other distros) of Linux, you'll have to add device permissions to allow your user to access the phone through the USB. (This is covered below.)
    5. Once you have the computer set up, on your phone go to "Settings > Developer Options > Root Access" and enable "Apps and ADB"
    6. Once everything is done loading open up a command prompt if in Windows (Press Win-R, then type "cmd") or a terminal in Linux (this varies by distro).
    7. Change your current working directory to be the location where ADB is installed by typing
      Code:
      cd PATH/TO/ADB
      (For SDK users it's in the "platform-tools" folder under the SDK folder. OCRs are usually under a "files" folder in the root of the OCR.)
    8. To gain root access to your phone with ADB type:
      Code:
      adb root
      (It should say "restarting ADB as root".) If it hangs, unplug your phone and plug it back in.
    9. Next type
      Code:
      adb remount
      to remount the system directory as Read-Write. If it says something about being root, then make sure you ran the root command above.
    10. This is a critical step. Now it's time to copy over the new hijack-boot.zip. Type
      Code:
      adb push PATH/TO/DOWNLOAD/hijack-boot.zip /system/etc/hijack-boot.zip
      This MUST be named this or it will not work. If the push succeeded it'll list some stats about the push and will end nicely. If it says "Read only file system" then you didn't run the remount command.
    11. Next reboot your phone by the Power Menu or by typing
      Code:
      adb reboot

Using Root Explorer or Other Root-Access File Managers:
    1. Copy the download to either SD card.
    2. Open up your File Manager and navigate to the appropriate SD card. (Internal is /storage/sdcard0, External is /storage/sdcard1)
    3. Remount the system directory as Read-Write. (Most File Managers have an option to do that, if not follow the steps above up to and including the remount command)
    4. COPY The new hijack-boot.zip file to /system/etc and overwrite the one currently there.
    5. Reboot you phone using the power menu.

Using Terminal Emulator:
    1. Copy the download to either SD card.
    2. Open up the included Terminal Emulator app.
    3. Type
      Code:
      su
      to switch to root and confirm the access if you haven't already.
    4. Type
      Code:
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      to remount the system directory as Read-Write
    5. Copy over the download by typing:
      Code:
      cp /storage/sdcard[B]#[/B]/hijack-boot.zip /system/etc/hijack-boot.zip
      This must be EXACT or it will not work.
    6. Reboot by typing "reboot" or by using the Power Menu.

FIRST TIME ADB UBUNTU-BASED (RARELY OTHERS) USERS ONLY:
    Some GNU/Linux distros have a security "feature" that keeps users from directly accessing any USB device that pretty much isn't an HID device or a Mass Storage one. To get around this go here and follow only the Configuring USB Access section adding the following lines to the end of your rules:
    Code:
    # adb protocol on daytona (Droid X2) on CM9
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTR{idProduct}=="70c9", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on daytona (Droid X2) on CM10
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTR{idProduct}=="70c7", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    It is recommended to go ahead and allow the AOSP rules to be there as well. It doesn't hurt anything. But make sure you replace <username> with your username you log in with.

DOWNLOAD:
    Fix for charge mode and recovery in Alpha 1: http://d-h.st/1jF
    I had received 32BitWhore's PM also and I figured I might as well tell everyone that the bug has been confirmed and I will update the OP accordingly. The problem appears to be surfaceflinger not reporting the correct display to start drawing to again. This prevents the system from turning the screen back on and drawing what it needs to. I will do a more in depth study when I get the time. How the bluesleep fix is responsible, I'm not sure yet and because of that I didn't put it in A2.