#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this patch * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
We finally have something other than Android!
Let me introduce: Ubuntu Touch for our phone!
Using @prashantp01's Vendor Dumpster V1.1.
This ROM is very much not ready for daily use, and probably never will, but it's still cool!
Ubuntu Touch is the touch/mobile friendly version of the popular Linux distribution, Ubuntu.
Using the steps listed below, you can boot it on your A8/A8+.
- Y E S
- Usually boots (unreliable)
- Display works!
- OpenGL Works!
- WiFi usually works (unreliable, if you turn it off, you can't turn it back on)
- Rotation works!
- Brightness works!
- Vibration works! (takes a minute or two to start working)
- Follow the instructions to install Vendor Dumpster V1.1.
- Install the SaR Patch following the instructions.
- Flash GlES_Updater.zip provided in downloads using TWRP.
- Install the correct Halium boot image for your model. (TWRP -> Install -> Install Image -> Select your boot.img -> Select Boot from the list -> Swipe to flash)
- (optional) Format data! (Not just simply wipe!) (This sometimes is required, sometimes isn't. If you can't boot, Try formatting then continuing from here!).
- Flash the provided Ubuntu Touch ARM64 Rootfs GSI using TWRP.
- Reboot to system
- If you can't boot, do a hard reset a few times! (Vol Down + Power for 7 seconds)
@MIDHUN.V.NADH For his work on getting the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019) to run Ubuntu Touch. This is based on his work, and wouldn't have been possible without him!
@prashantp01 For his Vendor Dumpster.
Source code: https://github.com/VDavid003/universal7885_halium_jackpotlte