• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][ALPHA][SFOS] SailfishOS 2.0.1.11 for Redmi 2

Search This thread

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013
1280px-Sailfish_logo.svg.png

Sailfish OS’s heritage lies in Nokia times, especially in the MeeGo operating system. Prior to 2011 Nokia and Intel had a vision of an open mobile operating system. Together they invested around 1 billion USD to the project and created an open source based operating system called MeeGo, which was used as a basis for several devices, such as the iconic Nokia N9. Although the Nokia N9 became the beacon of open source operating systems, Nokia decided to end the project and chose instead to continue with Microsoft’s Windows Phone OS. The rest of that is another story.
For more information about SailfishOS click here.
SailfishOS has now been successfully ported to Redmi 2 and here I am sharing the steps to install it on your phone.

Code:
Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void. You will lose all your data on your phone and may render it unusable. This software is provided as is without any warranty of any kind whatsoever. The user shall solely be reponsible for any consequence arising out of following this guide. I, or anyone else shall not be held responsible for bricked devices, dead sd-cards, thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed or any other consequence of following this guide. The linked zip contains some proprietary files. 
tl;dr I wont be held responsible for any unfortunate incidence.

I'd like to thank the following for their support and sources. (In no particular order) -->

@mal-, @kimmoli, @stskeeps, @Litew, @jusa_, @nokius, @sledges, @ketut.kumajaya, all other SailfishOS porters and The Cyanogenmod Team.

Prerequisites -->

1) Latest TWRP recovery installed (Others may work too but I haven't tested). You can get it here-->http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/development/recovery-recovery-built-source-inside-t3277621

2) cm-12.1-20151014-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047 zip by kumajaya. You can get it here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/development/rom-cyanogenmod-unofficial-builds-t3200883

3) SailfishOS zip file. Download link given below.

This is not an Android ROM and thus the instructions to install are quiet different. Follow them carefully.

1) Boot to recovery. Wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system and data.

2) Copy the Downloaded files to the sdcard via USB.

3) Install cm-12.1-20151014-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047. Do NOT reboot after installing.

4) Install SailfishOS zip file. The installation will take around 10 minutes so don't think that its stuck. Ignore any errors about being unable to mount data partition.

5) Reboot System when installation succeeds.

Screenshots-->
NrBULtp.png

Nu8TDx9.png

6DXhQTN.png

kNGahKS.png

gryji8X.png

Some more Screenshots here courtesy of @Innfinite4evr

Notes-->

1) This is not an Android ROM. Android apps will not work right now. But a way for Android apps to work is being developed by some community members and will soon be available.

2) Music player is not available by default. You can get it by opening the terminal (in-built) and and running " devel-su zypper in jolla-mediaplayer ". It will ask for a password which can be set in Settings>Developer Options. It will be there from next version.

3) For advanced users, you can ssh into the device after setting a password in Developer options using ssh [email protected] over USB.

4) Do not register for a Jolla account. You will get an error about failed IMEI registration. This will be fixed as soon as Jolla allows ported devices to be registered.

5) The Store will not work. It needs a Jolla account. You can however use the openrepos warehouse for installing apps. https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse-sailfishos . You can either go the link via the browser on your device and download it. Then go to Settings>Transfers and click on the file name to install it. Another method to install it is to download it to your computer and use scp to transfer to to /home/nemo/ and use " pkcon install-local <name of file> " via an ssh terminal.

6) MTP over USB does not work. (Mass Storage technically works but is unusable for all practical purposes)

7) The battery life is currently being affected by the sensors. It will probably be fixed in the next version.

Download Link -->
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24580943222146342

DO NOT SHARE MY WORK WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION. IF YOU ARE SHARING, LINK TO THIS POST.

UPDATE--> New kernel released.

* For fixing bluetooth and Flashlight, use kumajaya's cm-12.1-20160318 as the base. then install SailfishOS and finally flash the new kernel ( https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424942423 ). Bluetooth will not work after a reboot. To make it work again, use " devel-su rfkill unblock bluetooth " and reboot. Camera will break and to fix it, use vim to make the changes from ( https://github.com/adeen-s/droid-config-wt88047/commit/ecda269bd120405a5ff3ab985e558abcfe93c916 ) in /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/jolla-camera-hw.txt
and then execute ( dconf write /apps/jolla-camera/primary/image/imageResolution "'3264x2448'" ).
The new image will contain these changes already but I need some more time before releasing it.

Last edited:

salah6805

Dec 29, 2015
@salahXDA6805
This is on behalf of the whole Redmi 2 community.
Pls stop spamming threads and asking unnecessary questions to the devs.
This irritates them (as @s.sawrav).
As in this case multirom works only on MM based roms and this is not based on android.
Pls do some research first , Google will help you !
Hope you understand this .
Peace out

Im just asking my query not spamming so pls and im not irritating anyone:rolleyes: and sailfish works with multi rom but i want to know about the procedure so pls stay out dev is there to answer me and i didn't asked u whether it works with multirom or not

Last edited:

crullick

Aug 10, 2012
Belgrade
revelation

This is not an Android ROM

hats off for this brave move!
i've been waiting for sailfish since forever (oviously like many others)
although these days i need a fully functional phone (w/ andro-apps) i'm looking forward to further development << hope you will keep up your work and scratch those issues one-by-one

Q: since i've never played with an actual sailfish os, logically i'm not aware of the (dis)advantages/performance; but i did give a go to he modified launcher [you can find an old version here, and a mutant on the play store - stella launcher]; so is there any possibility to port it to our beloved redmi2? i know it would be much appreciated by the community

thank you once again for your valliant effort!
:good:

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013
Im just asking my query not spamming so pls and im not irritating anyone:rolleyes: and sailfish works with multi rom but i want to know about the procedure so pls stay out dev is there to answer me and i didn't asked u whether it works with multirom or not

MultiROM supports Sailfish but right now, it is only available for MM based ROMs on Redmi 2. If it supports LP based ROMs, it will be made available.

Reactions: coder3101

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013
Thanks bro for your repli:good:
Although, there is a way to switch between CM-12.1 and SailfishOS just like MultiROM, only a bit more tedious. You can extract boot.img from cm zip and hybris-boot.img from Sailfish zip. Flash boot.img when you want to boot to CM and flash hybris-boot.img when you want to boot to Sailfish.

Also, I'd prefer if you press the thanks button instead of replying like this.

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013
@adeen-s can I use newer builds of cm12.1? The one you mentioned in your thread is quite old.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
You can try. However, it won't matter as CM is used only for the Android HAL. It has got nothing to do with how Sailfish works. It just acts as a bridge between Sailfish and the hardware which was meant to run Android.

If you try with a different CM-12.1, could you please post the output of " /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat " You can access the terminal via "telnet 192.168.2.15 2323" or via ssh as mentioned in the OP. If you cannot connect using these ways, you could check the output via the terminal app and tell if it has some errors mentioning AKMD2 .

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013
Last edited:

Innfinite4evr

May 1, 2016
Hyderabad
i faced these bugs

Please list all the bugs that you noticed. I haven't noticed anything besides high battery drain and lack of USB MTP. Also thanks for the screenshots, Do you mind if i link them in the first post ?
never mind PS-add ss in post
bugs:camera,calling not working and single sim only

and warehouse should be included by default or else people will become mad......

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

and warehouse should be included by default or else people will become mad......

i used cm12.1 20160318

Last edited:

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

i used cm12.1 20160318
Strange, they should work perfectly. Have you tried restarting the phone.
If a restart does not change anything, then post the output of "journalctl -f -l -a" . To get root access, use "devel-su" in terminal. You can set password for root in developer options. Also post the output of " ls -l /dev/ "

adeen-s

Jul 5, 2013

i used cm12.1 20160318
Since you're using a different CM version than specified, could you also post the output of " /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1280px-Sailfish_logo.svg.png

Sailfish OS’s heritage lies in Nokia times, especially in the MeeGo operating system. Prior to 2011 Nokia and Intel had a vision of an open mobile operating system. Together they invested around 1 billion USD to the project and created an open source based operating system called MeeGo, which was used as a basis for several devices, such as the iconic Nokia N9. Although the Nokia N9 became the beacon of open source operating systems, Nokia decided to end the project and chose instead to continue with Microsoft’s Windows Phone OS. The rest of that is another story.
    For more information about SailfishOS click here.
    SailfishOS has now been successfully ported to Redmi 2 and here I am sharing the steps to install it on your phone.

Code:
    Disclaimer: Your warranty is now void. You will lose all your data on your phone and may render it unusable. This software is provided as is without any warranty of any kind whatsoever. The user shall solely be reponsible for any consequence arising out of following this guide. I, or anyone else shall not be held responsible for bricked devices, dead sd-cards, thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed or any other consequence of following this guide. The linked zip contains some proprietary files. 
    tl;dr I wont be held responsible for any unfortunate incidence.

I'd like to thank the following for their support and sources. (In no particular order) -->

@mal-, @kimmoli, @stskeeps, @Litew, @jusa_, @nokius, @sledges, @ketut.kumajaya, all other SailfishOS porters and The Cyanogenmod Team.

Prerequisites -->

1) Latest TWRP recovery installed (Others may work too but I haven't tested). You can get it here-->http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/development/recovery-recovery-built-source-inside-t3277621

2) cm-12.1-20151014-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047 zip by kumajaya. You can get it here--> http://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-2/development/rom-cyanogenmod-unofficial-builds-t3200883

3) SailfishOS zip file. Download link given below.

This is not an Android ROM and thus the instructions to install are quiet different. Follow them carefully.

1) Boot to recovery. Wipe cache, dalvik-cache, system and data.

2) Copy the Downloaded files to the sdcard via USB.

3) Install cm-12.1-20151014-UNOFFICIAL-wt88047. Do NOT reboot after installing.

4) Install SailfishOS zip file. The installation will take around 10 minutes so don't think that its stuck. Ignore any errors about being unable to mount data partition.

5) Reboot System when installation succeeds.

Screenshots-->
    NrBULtp.png

Nu8TDx9.png

6DXhQTN.png

kNGahKS.png

gryji8X.png

Some more Screenshots here courtesy of @Innfinite4evr

Notes-->

1) This is not an Android ROM. Android apps will not work right now. But a way for Android apps to work is being developed by some community members and will soon be available.

2) Music player is not available by default. You can get it by opening the terminal (in-built) and and running " devel-su zypper in jolla-mediaplayer ". It will ask for a password which can be set in Settings>Developer Options. It will be there from next version.

3) For advanced users, you can ssh into the device after setting a password in Developer options using ssh [email protected] over USB.

4) Do not register for a Jolla account. You will get an error about failed IMEI registration. This will be fixed as soon as Jolla allows ported devices to be registered.

5) The Store will not work. It needs a Jolla account. You can however use the openrepos warehouse for installing apps. https://openrepos.net/content/basil/warehouse-sailfishos . You can either go the link via the browser on your device and download it. Then go to Settings>Transfers and click on the file name to install it. Another method to install it is to download it to your computer and use scp to transfer to to /home/nemo/ and use " pkcon install-local <name of file> " via an ssh terminal.

6) MTP over USB does not work. (Mass Storage technically works but is unusable for all practical purposes)

7) The battery life is currently being affected by the sensors. It will probably be fixed in the next version.

Download Link -->
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24580943222146342

DO NOT SHARE MY WORK WITHOUT MY EXPLICIT PERMISSION. IF YOU ARE SHARING, LINK TO THIS POST.

UPDATE--> New kernel released.

* For fixing bluetooth and Flashlight, use kumajaya's cm-12.1-20160318 as the base. then install SailfishOS and finally flash the new kernel ( https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424942423 ). Bluetooth will not work after a reboot. To make it work again, use " devel-su rfkill unblock bluetooth " and reboot. Camera will break and to fix it, use vim to make the changes from ( https://github.com/adeen-s/droid-config-wt88047/commit/ecda269bd120405a5ff3ab985e558abcfe93c916 ) in /etc/dconf/db/vendor.d/jolla-camera-hw.txt
    and then execute ( dconf write /apps/jolla-camera/primary/image/imageResolution "'3264x2448'" ).
    The new image will contain these changes already but I need some more time before releasing it.

Log of ls /dev/ | grep video
    http://pastebin.com/NgkCQ6XA

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

cam not working
    To fix the camera, you need to use the cm version that i specified. There has been some changes in kernel since then which render the camera unusable in sailfish.
    @adeen-s can I use newer builds of cm12.1? The one you mentioned in your thread is quite old.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    You can try. However, it won't matter as CM is used only for the Android HAL. It has got nothing to do with how Sailfish works. It just acts as a bridge between Sailfish and the hardware which was meant to run Android.

If you try with a different CM-12.1, could you please post the output of " /usr/libexec/droid-hybris/system/bin/logcat " You can access the terminal via "telnet 192.168.2.15 2323" or via ssh as mentioned in the OP. If you cannot connect using these ways, you could check the output via the terminal app and tell if it has some errors mentioning AKMD2 .
    Thanks bro for your repli:good:
    Although, there is a way to switch between CM-12.1 and SailfishOS just like MultiROM, only a bit more tedious. You can extract boot.img from cm zip and hybris-boot.img from Sailfish zip. Flash boot.img when you want to boot to CM and flash hybris-boot.img when you want to boot to Sailfish.

Also, I'd prefer if you press the thanks button instead of replying like this.