[ROM] [ALPHA] [WIP} AOSP 7.0 Lollipop for Nexus Q -1/15/17

Search This thread

jyeley5

Dec 5, 2010
READ IN ENTIRETY BEFOR INSTALLING

I have procured a new Nexus Q. Work has resumed on Android 7.0, from a hardware and specs standpoint, there is no reason to think that this device is not capable of running Nougat if the Galaxy Nexus can. Stay tuned for a build in the coming weeks, I will also be uploading this project to github shortly

AOSP 7.0 Nougat for Nexus Q

Code:
Quote:
DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Working:
TBD

Not Working:
TBD

Recovery

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7WYr1U8sRRAM1d3czhER0RoTGM/view?usp=sharing

./fastboot flash recovery

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING AND SEND ME A LOGCAT WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES SO I CAN TRY TO RESOLVE THEM

DL Link (Google Drive):
***LINK REMOVED*** -

Anyone interested in an early build send me a PM

Last edited:

wollac11

Aug 25, 2010
Cambridge
www.littlegreendude.com
Nice! Thanks very much for this! I'll try it when I'm back home in a few days. I was planning to try and work on this myself but perhaps I can transfer some efforts over to Android TV. Do you have the source for this on GitHub as that could also be really helpful - that way a few of us can contribute to help fix things etc.

hhairplane

May 4, 2011
Great stuff, thanks for doing this. Should be able to get android TV then since it's just a separate launcher.

wollac11

Aug 25, 2010
Cambridge
www.littlegreendude.com
New build. Testing needed.

This one seems to flash now (although it completes suspiciously quickly) but attempting to boot results in just a black screen over HDMI. I can't take a logcat because of the device permissions but is does show up with ADB so it presumably it is at least booting the kernel and a some core system but seemingly nothing past that - not even a boot animation.

Reactions: ottoemezzo

jyeley5

Dec 5, 2010
This one seems to flash now (although it completes suspiciously quickly) but attempting to boot results in just a black screen over HDMI. I can't take a logcat because of the device permissions but is does show up with ADB so it presumably it is at least booting the kernel and a some core system but seemingly nothing past that - not even a boot animation.

Updated the CM base and merged some changes that I've been porting over. Did you install over another build or wipe fresh?

jyeley5

Dec 5, 2010

Try installing over a working CM11 build. Can you get me a logcat if that still doesn't resolve the issue?

wollac11

Aug 25, 2010
Cambridge
www.littlegreendude.com
Try installing over a working CM11 build. Can you get me a logcat if that still doesn't resolve the issue?

I just tried flashing over Cm11 and nothing so far. Seems also to not boot. The speed at which it flashes in recovery says to me something isn't right with the updater script. There is no way it is copying the 255MB contents onto the Nexus Q in that time. Cm11 (which is smaller) takes far longer.

I tried to get a logcat but as before I am not able to get one of the boot attempt as the device appears as offline (because I can't authorise the PC RSA keys with adb as that would need Android to finish booting at least once). I can get you a recovery log or a logcat while flashing the Zip from recovery if you like but that's about it.

Have you actually had this booting on a Nexus Q then at all yet? And if so, how exactly did you install it, with which recovery and if over another ROM which one was it?

Natodroid1

Feb 9, 2011
Possibly stupid question...

I'm new to this forum, at least posting here. So, since the Nexus Q app is no longer supported, how does one enable USB debugging on the Q? Any redirects and help would be greatly appreciated! I just got a brand new Q today for $10 at a local Goodwill (accompanied by fellow Q's). I was very sad to see these are no longer factory-functional.

If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize in advance, and would gladly accept on where-to-post details.

Thanks!

wollac11

Aug 25, 2010
Cambridge
www.littlegreendude.com
I'm new to this forum, at least posting here. So, since the Nexus Q app is no longer supported, how does one enable USB debugging on the Q? Any redirects and help would be greatly appreciated! I just got a brand new Q today for $10 at a local Goodwill (accompanied by fellow Q's). I was very sad to see these are no longer factory-functional.

If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize in advance, and would gladly accept on where-to-post details.

Thanks!
You've replied to a post about a specific custom ROM in the development section (which is completely the wrong place) and failed follow the XDA rule of searching before asking a question, because if you had you'd find the answer has already posted multiple times. Not trying to be harsh or rude - just letting you know!

If you have general questions or need help you should really go to the the "Nexus Q Help, Q&A and troubleshooting" section.

However, the situation is that you can't enable debugging on the stock ROM, but you can boot the Nexus Q into fastboot mode by holding your hand over the Q while you turn it on - this will make the led turn and stay red if successful (nothing will be shown onscreen). From there you can unlock your Q and boot a custom recovery image by issuing the correct fastboot commands from your PC. The custom recovery allows you to flash a custom ROM. The stock ROM is no use without the app which cannot be registered anymore since the servers are down.

Last edited:

jyeley5

Dec 5, 2010
Recovery added to original post, flash in fastboot. An amplifier build will be posted as soon as I finish it.

wollac11

Aug 25, 2010
Cambridge
www.littlegreendude.com
Huge update, let me know how it's working
Tried to flash this latest version but it seems that there is an error in the updater-script. I get a status 6 error in recovery: "Installation Aborted".

Edit: So I edited the updater-script to remedy the status 6 error and then it progressed through most of the way before giving a status 7. I managed to fix the status 7 with a further edit to the updater-script but it still won't boot anything at all. I cannot take a logcat because it isn't booting anything at all and so there is no adb server.

I presume that you have this running on your Q but if you do then you clearly did not use the ZIP that was provided as that doesn't work. Do you have the system images which you just flashed from the bootloader with fastboot? If so perhaps you could share those so I could have a go flashing those instead and see if it will boot then.

Last edited:

jyeley5

Dec 5, 2010
wollac, you are correct in stating that I posted the wrong build (uploaded the wrong zip from my dev folder. However, the build I MEANT to post is booting on my Q, though BT and the Amp are not working yet. I'm a tad scatterbrained with finals, but I am compiling a new build that should hopefully resolve the bluetooth issues at least, and I will upload as soon as it's done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ IN ENTIRETY BEFOR INSTALLING

I have procured a new Nexus Q. Work has resumed on Android 7.0, from a hardware and specs standpoint, there is no reason to think that this device is not capable of running Nougat if the Galaxy Nexus can. Stay tuned for a build in the coming weeks, I will also be uploading this project to github shortly

AOSP 7.0 Nougat for Nexus Q

Code:
    Quote:
    DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Working:
    TBD

Not Working:
    TBD

Recovery

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7WYr1U8sRRAM1d3czhER0RoTGM/view?usp=sharing

./fastboot flash recovery

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING AND SEND ME A LOGCAT WHEN YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES SO I CAN TRY TO RESOLVE THEM

DL Link (Google Drive):
    ***LINK REMOVED*** -

Anyone interested in an early build send me a PM
    New build. Testing needed.
    wollac, you are correct in stating that I posted the wrong build (uploaded the wrong zip from my dev folder. However, the build I MEANT to post is booting on my Q, though BT and the Amp are not working yet. I'm a tad scatterbrained with finals, but I am compiling a new build that should hopefully resolve the bluetooth issues at least, and I will upload as soon as it's done.
    New build coming soon with proper sources and fixes posted to GitHub. Also, if anyone would be interested, I believe that it may be possible to use an OTG webcam for Skype/etc.
    Huge update, let me know how it's working