[ROM & Kernel] [AOSP Based] [Minimal] 01/15/18 Invictrix ROM 8.1

Search This thread

rignfool

Dec 8, 2010
The Poconos
Nonetheless, shouldn't deserve such a hostile reply. What's wrong with you man?
You're new here... So I'll explain...

When you take something that you do as a hobby... You do it for fun... For yourself... You move along at a pace comfortable for you...

Now... When you originally start sharing it with others... Everyone is all cool about it... They're appreciative of your work... And most importantly... Have patience... Knowing you either don't have time, motivation, or means to crank out the fixes or whatever...

Then... Others hear about it... And they want a try... But they don't know the original guy... So they start running their mouths... Demanding things... And making dude feel bad about his hobby...

Now... Many be they wanted to help... With logs... Or whatever... But actually... All they've done is piss dude off to the point that he stops sharing...

Seen it happen many times... Lost a lot of cool things over the years here... Due to idiots...

And when I see 2 posts in a row... Putting someone on blast... I return the volley...

There are no expectations... This is not Essential's help desk...

This is some dude... In his basement... Either pissing off his parents... Or his wife (or her husband... Or whatever) because he's coding for fun...

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs

runsoverfrogs

Nov 9, 2009
You're new here... So I'll explain...

When you take something that you do as a hobby... You do it for fun... For yourself... You move along at a pace comfortable for you...

Now... When you originally start sharing it with others... Everyone is all cool about it... They're appreciative of your work... And most importantly... Have patience... Knowing you either don't have time, motivation, or means to crank out the fixes or whatever...

Then... Others hear about it... And they want a try... But they don't know the original guy... So they start running their mouths... Demanding things... And making dude feel bad about his hobby...

Now... Many be they wanted to help... With logs... Or whatever... But actually... All they've done is piss dude off to the point that he stops sharing...

Seen it happen many times... Lost a lot of cool things over the years here... Due to idiots...

And when I see 2 posts in a row... Putting someone on blast... I return the volley...

There are no expectations... This is not Essential's help desk...

This is some dude... In his basement... Either pissing off his parents... Or his wife (or her husband... Or whatever) because he's coding for fun...

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs

im not exactly new, rooting and doing custom roms way back to when htc hero came out.

I know about how ETAs are some weird taboo.

your attitude though, is unnecessary.

What I do know is that your type of behavior kills threads and user support to custom roms.

The dev here might as well drop this project, any potential interests in this rom will be turned away by your type of posts.

Obamaloominaty

Mar 31, 2017
I'm sorry...

Where exactly has Jacob promised you anything other than a free rom?

And where the hell does your entitled attitude come from?

I never saw a receipt where he was contractually obligated to do a goddamn thing for you...

Please take your BS away... Go back to your LG and shut the hell up
I'm afraid I can't do that. You, however, should stop acting like a child and insulting me for merely mentioning what RedDragon has done in the past.
Referring to what I posted as 'putting someone on blast' is a very generous overstatement. Get off your moral high horse and chill the f### out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryuk359

Ryuk359

Nov 27, 2015
I'm afraid I can't do that. You, however, should stop acting like a child and insulting me for merely mentioning what RedDragon has done in the past.

Referring to what I posted as 'putting someone on blast' is a very generous overstatement. Get off your moral high horse and chill the f### out.
He also said two posts "putting him on blast" referring to mine as well. I guess I'm pretty crap at that since I said Red did good work in my post. I merely pointed out the fact that the v20 forum never heard from him again. Which is true. So take it how you will. I personally don't need an eta because I probably won't use the rom now. Problem solved. Such hostility was a huge overreaction and not warranted.

Reactions: Obamaloominaty

Jank4AU

Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
He also said two posts "putting him on blast" referring to mine as well. I guess I'm pretty crap at that since I said Red did good work in my post. I merely pointed out the fact that the v20 forum never heard from him again. Which is true. So take it how you will. I personally don't need an eta because I probably won't use the rom now. Problem solved. Such hostility was a huge overreaction and not warranted.

I suggest everyone move on before a mod has to come in here and clean the thread. All opinions have been expressed so let's treat each other with respect and hope the OP gets better soon... So he can give us an ETA! Lol
@USA-RedDragon hope you feel better soon, bro. Everything can wait, I'm sure we're good for a while chief.

Reactions: gimpy1

IH8TouchWiz

Nov 16, 2017
To everyone throwing shade at Jacob, realize that he has a personal life and issues that take priority over his hobby of developing, and also acknowledge the fact that he was also sick for the past few days. He's been actively developing over these past few weeks of silence, and he and testers are identifying issues that the ROM has and he's trying to fix all possible issues before he goes live with the next build. He hasn't abandoned mata, he's simply wanting to get the next build that he releases to be as polished as possible.

gflexstump

Feb 23, 2015
Fort Wayne
I agree life gets in the way sometimes. I am most impressed with the developers and there ability to provide us great roms for the Essential phone. Take your time there is no rush and look forward to flashing.............

USA-RedDragon

Mar 22, 2013
Moore, OK
im not exactly new, rooting and doing custom roms way back to when htc hero came out.

What I do know is that your type of behavior kills threads and user support to custom roms.

The dev here might as well drop this project, any potential interests in this rom will be turned away by your type of posts.

Funnily enough, their post made me laugh and want to continue my hobby. They're right. I do this as a hobby, work a full-time job, work on *other* projects and help with *other* devices. Invictrix got 5 more devices brought up in the last week with some help from me. As long as I own mata and don't sell it(probably won't for a year, this is a really good phone) there will be builds. But forget all this entitlement. If I so much as don't feel in the mood to release, I don't have to. There were still some issues in the build I was going to release that I'm working with a tester to help fix. And yes @rignfool my girlfriend doesn't much like the time I put into rom development, when it could be used to spend more time as a family.

So if someone wants to complain about releases, they can go make their own builds and worry about the problems of the builds in their personal time. The source code is up. It's on GitHub. Get going.

IH8TouchWiz

Nov 16, 2017
So you all have been clamoring for a new build for several months, and Jacob has given me permission to release the latest test build to you all, so here it is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lEJ5QWboBPVFiwMib4ajXMhs6ngrHnU6

BUGS:
-You may be spammed with a update google play services notification after initial boot, but updating google play services will get rid of that for you.
- Netflix may crash initially while trying to playback video, just click the video again and it'll play normally.

Once again, I'd like to remind you that Jacob has been working with me (testing for him) for several months to get to this build, and that he simply didn't like releasing builds on here without having them be 100%. In this time period where no releases were put out, he was trying to get as many bugs sorted and features added before he went public. Please be appreciative of the work that these devs do, and huge props to Jacob for all the works he's put into this project thus far. If you feel the need to thank this post, don't, just thank one of Jacob's as he's the one who gets all the credit for this build.

EDIT: All credit for this build of this rom goes to @USA-RedDragon , I did not build or push commits for this build, and he and the invictrix team are the ones that should be thanked, not me.

Last edited:

joefloater

Jun 3, 2010
windsor
So you all have been clamoring for a new build for several months, and Jacob has given me permission to release the latest test build to you all, so here it is:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lEJ5QWboBPVFiwMib4ajXMhs6ngrHnU6

BUGS:
-You may be spammed with a update google play services notification after initial boot, but updating google play services will get rid of that for you.
- Netflix may crash initially while trying to playback video, just click the video again and it'll play normally.

Once again, I'd like to remind you that Jacob has been working with me (testing for him) for several months to get to this build, and that he simply didn't like releasing builds on here without having them be 100%. In this time period where no releases were put out, he was trying to get as many bugs sorted and features added before he went public. Please be appreciative of the work that these devs do, and huge props to Jacob for all the works he's put into this project thus far. If you feel the need to thank this post, don't, just thank one of Jacob's as he's the one who gets all the credit for this build.

EDIT: All credit for this build of this rom goes to @USA-RedDragon , I did not build or push commits for this build, and he and the invictrix team are the ones that should be thanked, not me.

Awesome, can't wait to try this! Is there a boot img for this or would the one from the second build work?

techfreak243

Nov 13, 2012
if anybody cares i made a build today straight from source with the OP's kernel. i can make them and upload them to my personal drive more so when they get the next months patch in. if you want the link to download them here. that link is for the folder i will be uploading them to so it will be updated with the md5sum file and the zip. i have no experience in coding or trying to fix stuff so i will be of no help in that department unless someone wants to help me out with that it will be a great help

Last edited:

Deandre7452

Jun 20, 2014
if anybody cares i made a build today straight from source with the OP's kernel. i can make them and upload them to my personal drive more so when they get the next months patch in. if you want the link to download them here. that link is for the folder i will be uploading them to so it will be updated with the md5sum file and the zip. i have no experience in coding or trying to fix stuff so i will be of no help in that department unless someone wants to help me out with that it will be a great help

Thanks for the update and the work on it

Reactions: techfreak243

techfreak243

Nov 13, 2012
How did you get it to build? I see the device tree in github but mata doesn't show up in the lunch menu.

here is a roomservice i quickly whipped up. the path for the gapps vendor is vendor/kronicgapps. try it out the way i have it and if it doesnt build then switch it and sync and build again. you will need to either swap out the one i just gave you with the one in .repo/local_manifests or you need to make the local_manifests folder in .repo. also you will need to use the BoardConfig that i have attached inside the zip file. the board config file goes in /yourinvictrixfolder/device/essential/mata/.

Attachments

• local_manifest.xml
    510 bytes · Views: 41
  • BoardConfig.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    deso_logo.gif

Invictrix ROM
    For the Essential PH-1 (mata)​

Welcome to Invictrix!! Our goal is to provide users with a unique staple in Android Development which aims at stability and optimizations along with what we feel is the perfect amount of features. We hope you enjoy this ROM as much as our great team has had while building it. With that said, We are in no way shape or form responsible if you brick your phone.

Features:

List coming soon, we just got the 8.1 platform building yesterday.

More features to come

Downloads:
    ROM -
    First Build
    Second Build
    Second Build boot.img
    Gapps are built in.

Issues:
    Safetynet doesn't pass. Will be fixed tomorrow
    Updater doesn't show progress, but it still works

Source:
    ROM - InvictrixROM
    Device Trees - InvictrixROM-Devices
    Kernel - Kernel Source

Reporting Bugs:
    Logcat, Logcat, Logcat
    Please submit logs if you're having an issue. If there is no log we cannot help you. Simply clogging the threads with “This issue happened, fix it” will get you nowhere and you will be ignored. To Also add to the Log Criteria, Your bug report won't be used if:
    - You are not on a clean flash of the ROM
    - If you're using Xposed
    - If you’ve flashed any other mod that tweaks System in any way
    So help us to help you and provide logs for issues. Thanks.

Other:
    Feel free to join our Telegram community
    Our Telegram Chat
    Or on Google Plus
    Google Plus
    Or on our Website
    invictrixrom.com

XDA:DevDB Information
    Invictrix, ROM for the Essential Phone

Contributors
    USA-RedDragon
    Source Code: https://GitHub.com/InvictrixROM

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-01-15
    Last Updated 2018-01-15
    I'm gearing up for a HUGE release soon. I fixed most of the noticable bugs(known exception is notch cutting into fullscreen apps), added a lot of features to the ROM, and Updater now works as expected(including magisk install, we don't have a server yet, so no downloads).
    Everyone should rejoice today. I managed to get magisk to install during the ROM build. So no more needing twrp for root

Funnily enough, their post made me laugh and want to continue my hobby. They're right. I do this as a hobby, work a full-time job, work on *other* projects and help with *other* devices. Invictrix got 5 more devices brought up in the last week with some help from me. As long as I own mata and don't sell it(probably won't for a year, this is a really good phone) there will be builds. But forget all this entitlement. If I so much as don't feel in the mood to release, I don't have to. There were still some issues in the build I was going to release that I'm working with a tester to help fix. And yes @rignfool my girlfriend doesn't much like the time I put into rom development, when it could be used to spend more time as a family.

So if someone wants to complain about releases, they can go make their own builds and worry about the problems of the builds in their personal time. The source code is up. It's on GitHub. Get going.
    Side note: nfc works and I added a few more options to Settings-> display for dt2s and pixel navbar and lockscreen torch
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone