[Rom][Android 10][T830/T835] [Rooted/Debloated][TF5][Weta Kernel][July 26]

ROM work for you

• Total voters
Search This thread

damytzeus

Apr 23, 2014
Hello forum. Thanks for this new ROM. Is anyone having issues logging on to Samsung Store after flashing? When using my google account to sign in I keep getting a "processing failed" error after putting in my password.

Thanks again :)
when I was having reboot issues, I also couldn't login to samsung account or robinhood brokerage account. after wiping clean and installing android 10, it solved rebooting issues and I was able to login to samsung account and robinhood accounts.

dolf123

Oct 13, 2012
well, i wiped clean and reflashed samsung android 10 stock firmware, "T830XXU4CTJ1_T830OXM4CTJ1_XAR.zip", and then i flashed the latest v2.3 debloated firmware and after two days and many hours of use, so far, no reboots. by now, i would have encountered numerous reboots.

so, this technique appears to have solved the reboot issues. we'll see.
I give it a try!

Reactions: damytzeus

Stefo2332

Jan 23, 2018
HI,
could anyone please share the build.prop file of a rooted Galaxy Tab S4 on Android 10 please?
or at least the full line "ro.build.characteristics=" ??
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to launch Dex Mode directly on phone (rooted Note 9), tweaking some values on the build.prop file.
On Android 9 this was possible by updating ro.build.characteristics=phone ---> ro.build.characteristics=tablet.
But this tweak seems to no longer work since Android 10.
Thanks in advance!!

florof

Dec 9, 2008
Hi..I just installed it, all worksfine and smooth, many thanks.
Ive just joticed one thing that's strange. At startup, when the screen shows Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 powered by Android, i get a yellow message on top of rhe screen related to kernel and in the middle an open padlock with the message Custom..
Do someone how fix that? Do I need to flash the Weta kernel? Sorry for my bad English.. thanks guys

SavXL

Hi..I just installed it, all worksfine and smooth, many thanks.
Ive just joticed one thing that's strange. At startup, when the screen shows Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 powered by Android, i get a yellow message on top of rhe screen related to kernel and in the middle an open padlock with the message Custom..
Do someone how fix that? Do I need to flash the Weta kernel? Sorry for my bad English.. thanks guys

That's normal. After rooting your device and flashing custom firmware, it'll show an unlocked padlock and a yellow message about the kernel whenever you boot it up. As long as you did everything correctly in the OP, you've done everything correctly. :)

florof

Dec 9, 2008
That's normal. After rooting your device and flashing custom firmware, it'll show an unlocked padlock and a yellow message about the kernel whenever you boot it up. As long as you did everything correctly in the OP, you've done everything correctly. :)
Thanks for the answer...but is it possible to erase that like a stock rom?

Reactions: SavXL

Herostar

Apr 17, 2013
Hey Guys,

I present you the Custom Rom for T830 :good: Clean, Fast, Smooth and will be updated in regular basis.

And as we say always "VOTE" and if you Vote Not working please take the time to explain. Thank you

Now V2.3

Credits:
Thank you to @sevsman that create this beautiful ROM
, Incredible job making it so fast. I am only the tester and I am glad to be able to share with you all.
Thank you to @Mentalmuso for his great kernel Weta latest TF5
Thank you to @topjohnwu for Magisk
Thank you to the creator of the Encryption Disabler @ianmacd

As usual I am not responsible for any damage cause to your tablet flashing this ROM👼

Some advice for newbies:
  • DRIVERS
    • There is no way to use PC with USB cable and flash with ODIN if you have not intaled the Samsung Drivers, search for these with your PC browser
  • OEM UNLOCKING
    • Go to settings/ About tablet/ Software information/ press build number 7 times to activate DEV mod
    • Go bac to setting down Developer Options that now apear
    • Tick Unlock OEM Your tablet will reboot and wipe everything so backup
    • Redo all setup Finish it even update if needed
  • FORCE REBOOT
    • Press and hold 3 keys Power/ Vol+/ Vol-
  • RECOVERY MODE
    • Power off tablet
    • Press and hold Power/ Vol+
  • DOWNLOAD MODE
    • For me the only thing that works is is at the same time force reboot when tablet off and connect usb cable to computer.
  • FLASHING ANYTHING WITH ODIN
    • ROM:
      • Place AP in AP
      • CSC_CSC_xxxxx in CSC
      • Place BL in BL
    • TWRP
      • Untick reboot in second tab
      • Place TWRP in AP
  • CHECK IF YOU NEED TO FORMAT DATA IN RECOVERY MODE
    • Boot in recovery mode
    • Select install
    • Select Storage on the bottom
    • If internal is 0mb you need to format data before doing anything that will allow you to wipe or zip anything but will cleann all you have on the tablet so Backup before

ROM FEATURES
  • Stock TF5
  • Rooted with Magisk latest and Weta Kernel latest
  • Heavy Debloat, most of the stuff you can install with Playstore is gone + some unneeded Samsung and Google stuff. No Knox, No Bixby, no Kids stuff, No digital wellbeing, No Microsoft stuff. It could definitely be cleaner; well that's for next version with maybe some more tweaking on Google and Samsung to reinforce privacy and improve battery life. Give us your ideas.

For now you still get Samsung Account, Samsung Store, Samsung DEX, Samsung Notes, Google Account, Google Playstore and Google

If you want to debloat more install Debloater module in Magisk and run it from Termius (Playstore) Example I got rid of Samsung Video Player, My Files, and hide Phone and Message as I don't use these and my App screen has no more than 11 apps before installing what I need.

Also for some interesting tweaking follow this thread and get rid of all: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s4/how-to/tweak-tab-s4-debloat-root-plugins-t4088699 still work pretty good except XPosed (Too bad!), Proca and few others but to disable big brothers It works fine. This is a great thread by @doggydog2

How To Flash this Rom:

1. OEM SHOULD BE UNLOCKED. THERE IS NO WAY TO TO THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT THIS STEP.
  2. You need TWRP Installed. You can use flashify if you are already rooted to flash the new TWRP. If you don't know how refer to this thread from Mentalmuso: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s4/development/recovery-twrp-3-3-0-sm-t83x-t3928278
  3. Reboot in Recovery
  4. Factory reset, Wipe all but SD, Format Data (Very Important) (YOU WILL BE LOSING ALL YOUR DATAS SO BACKUP WHAT YOU NEED)
  5. Flash the Zip file
    Flash Encryption Disabler for now https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s4/development/recovery-twrp-3-3-0-sm-t83x-t3928278 Thread from Metalmuso, look in Android 10 forlder
  6. Reboot
  7. Finish setup
    Update Google Apps
    Update Samsung Apps
    Launch Magisk and press OK , device will reboot
  8. Enjoy!

If you need to pass ctsProfile to true, flash "[MODULE] MagiskHide Props Config - SafetyNet, prop edits" from here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228/post83146179 Downlaod magisk module,open termiux SU, Launch props select "2 Basic Autentification"
That doesnt fix Netflix in L1 even hidding Magisk. We wiill not implement that in the next update.

If you have issues with Bluetooth pairing not sticking after reboot go to Magisk, download module Bluetooth Library patcher 1.9 and install itin magisk, that will solve the issue.

Changes v2.3:
  • Fix /data not mounted
  • Fix Bluetooth not keeping devices BT after reboot

Downloads:

T830 v2.3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TPT-c9o_DNKZDUvshO2OQer6urVUwmc/view?usp=sharing

T835 v2.3
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqQkG-IgxIfK2FbItPqzu_Ujk4NHc0eR/view?usp=sharing
We need comments on T835 install please
For T835, I have 2 report that Iris detection is not working, that's need confirmation. It works perfectly for T830

Now with this ROM you don't need Odin after installing TWRP

Game add https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5079465&d=1597424859

Please comment if you test it

Thanks
enotar

Beer Fund : https://www.paypal.me/ion513
Thanks for your work! Wish all best for you!

SavXL

Thanks for the answer...but is it possible to erase that like a stock rom?

Sorry but no, as far as I know, your device will always know when you're running custom firmware, and as such will always show you an unlocked padlock whenever you boot it up. Unless you know how to change the splash screen at first boot, you'll have to put up with the padlock at the start.

Reactions: enotar

FMRN25

Jan 14, 2021
tnks @enotar tks i install and works perfectly!
but when a run titaniumbackup and try uninstall some native application like google app dont work! why?

Last edited:

TheMomo

Feb 21, 2012
Im on Android 8.1 (rooted w/ TWRP 3.4). Is there a quick way to upgrade and retain root?

I tried to flash SMT830 v2.3 zip directly in TWRP and now it is bootlooping. Any recommendations I should do?

Last edited:

florof

Dec 9, 2008
Sorry but no, as far as I know, your device will always know when you're running custom firmware, and as such will always show you an unlocked padlock whenever you boot it up. Unless you know how to change the splash screen at first boot, you'll have to put up with the padlock at the start.
[/QUOTE¨]
thanks for your answer. Do you know how is it possible to do that? With Root Explorer maybe?

FMRN25

Jan 14, 2021
@enotar my last question, when i try uninstall some system apps like package installer or outer happen the system collapse! (stop on logo samsung when restart) How do you make this with iso without this problem? uninstalling knox?

Orion9k0

Oct 30, 2015
Thanks Enotar, I was able to finally get this ROM to work on my Tab S4. I was wondering though, I noticed after installing and using the ROM that the device is left unencrypted.... If I turn back on encryption, will that cause any negative effects?
Also, in the future are you considering updating to include newer security patches? Lastly, how can I donate

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

I present you the Custom Rom for T830 :good: Clean, Fast, Smooth and will be updated in regular basis.

And as we say always "VOTE" and if you Vote Not working please take the time to explain. Thank you

Now V2.3

Credits:
    Thank you to @sevsman that create this beautiful ROM, Incredible job making it so fast. I am only the tester and I am glad to be able to share with you all.
    Thank you to @Mentalmuso for his great kernel Weta latest TF5
    Thank you to @topjohnwu for Magisk
    Thank you to the creator of the Encryption Disabler @ianmacd

As usual I am not responsible for any damage cause to your tablet flashing this ROM:angel:

Some advice for newbies:
    • DRIVERS
      • There is no way to use PC with USB cable and flash with ODIN if you have not intaled the Samsung Drivers, search for these with your PC browser
    • OEM UNLOCKING
      • Go to settings/ About tablet/ Software information/ press build number 7 times to activate DEV mod
      • Go bac to setting down Developer Options that now apear
      • Tick Unlock OEM Your tablet will reboot and wipe everything so backup
      • Redo all setup Finish it even update if needed
    • FORCE REBOOT
      • Press and hold 3 keys Power/ Vol+/ Vol-
    • RECOVERY MODE
      • Power off tablet
      • Press and hold Power/ Vol+
    • DOWNLOAD MODE
      • For me the only thing that works is is at the same time force reboot when tablet off and connect usb cable to computer.
    • FLASHING ANYTHING WITH ODIN
      • ROM:
        • Place AP in AP
        • CSC_CSC_xxxxx in CSC
        • Place BL in BL
      • TWRP
        • Untick reboot in second tab
        • Place TWRP in AP
    • CHECK IF YOU NEED TO FORMAT DATA IN RECOVERY MODE
      • Boot in recovery mode
      • Select install
      • Select Storage on the bottom
      • If internal is 0mb you need to format data before doing anything that will allow you to wipe or zip anything but will cleann all you have on the tablet so Backup before

ROM FEATURES
    • Stock TF5
    • Rooted with Magisk latest and Weta Kernel latest
    • Heavy Debloat, most of the stuff you can install with Playstore is gone + some unneeded Samsung and Google stuff. No Knox, No Bixby, no Kids stuff, No digital wellbeing, No Microsoft stuff. It could definitely be cleaner; well that's for next version with maybe some more tweaking on Google and Samsung to reinforce privacy and improve battery life. Give us your ideas.

For now you still get Samsung Account, Samsung Store, Samsung DEX, Samsung Notes, Google Account, Google Playstore and Google

If you want to debloat more install Debloater module in Magisk and run it from Termius (Playstore) Example I got rid of Samsung Video Player, My Files, and hide Phone and Message as I don't use these and my App screen has no more than 11 apps before installing what I need.

Also for some interesting tweaking follow this thread and get rid of all: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s4/how-to/tweak-tab-s4-debloat-root-plugins-t4088699 still work pretty good except XPosed (Too bad!), Proca and few others but to disable big brothers It works fine. This is a great thread by @doggydog2

How To Flash this Rom:

1. OEM SHOULD BE UNLOCKED. THERE IS NO WAY TO TO THE FOLLOWING WITHOUT THIS STEP.
    2. You need TWRP Installed. You can use flashify if you are already rooted to flash the new TWRP. If you don't know how refer to this thread from Mentalmuso: https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s4/development/recovery-twrp-3-3-0-sm-t83x-t3928278
    3. Reboot in Recovery
    4. Factory reset, Wipe all but SD, Format Data (Very Important) (YOU WILL BE LOSING ALL YOUR DATAS SO BACKUP WHAT YOU NEED)
    5. Flash the Zip file
      Flash Encryption Disabler for now https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-s4/development/recovery-twrp-3-3-0-sm-t83x-t3928278 Thread from Metalmuso, look in Android 10 forlder
    6. Reboot
    7. Finish setup
      Update Google Apps
      Update Samsung Apps
      Launch Magisk and press OK , device will reboot
    8. Enjoy!

If you need to pass ctsProfile to true, flash "[MODULE] MagiskHide Props Config - SafetyNet, prop edits" from here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-magiskhide-props-config-t3789228/post83146179 Downlaod magisk module,open termiux SU, Launch props select "2 Basic Autentification"
    That doesnt fix Netflix in L1 even hidding Magisk. We wiill not implement that in the next update.

If you have issues with Bluetooth pairing not sticking after reboot go to Magisk, download module Bluetooth Library patcher 1.9 and install itin magisk, that will solve the issue.

Changes v2.3:
    • Fix /data not mounted
    • Fix Bluetooth not keeping devices BT after reboot

Downloads:

T830 v2.3
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/10TPT-c9o_DNKZDUvshO2OQer6urVUwmc/view?usp=sharing

T835 v2.3
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqQkG-IgxIfK2FbItPqzu_Ujk4NHc0eR/view?usp=sharing
    We need comments on T835 install please
    For T835, I have 2 report that Iris detection is not working, that's need confirmation. It works perfectly for T830

Now with this ROM you don't need Odin after installing TWRP

Game add https://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5079465&d=1597424859

Please comment if you test it

Thanks
    enotar

Beer Fund : https://www.paypal.me/ion513
    enotar, thanks for the help and support so far .. you are a great developer, I could not understand what the last zip files you uploaded.

It simply restores the files needed for the Game Home application to work correctly and it also uses the name that this ROM will be moving over too.

Myself and enotar found eachother by chance and I blind built these 2 ROMs because he was a great guy and said there wasn't any support for you guys.

I'm over the moon that you all enjoy our work and @enotar is giving great support here. Because my life is a little hectic and I just don't have time for all the support but I guarantee that this ROM will always be updated as soon as new bases are released :good:

Regards,

Nathan, aka sevsman
    Update

V3 Posted

Seee changes in OP

Enjoy!
    Will we be able to update on top of it without deleting everything?
    Can you include the Bluetooth fix directly into the ROM? as of below

Works for me aswell now, thx

Can you include the provided link for the dm verity forceencrypt into the original guide, since it is missing?

1- Need to verify after next version
    2-Maybe, We nedd to review the patch
    3- of course, but right now we are working on eliminating the step; complex!
    Thanks looks interesting. Will this be available for the SM-T835? if so i will definitely like to try it out