[ROM][android-11.0][cheeseburger] ArrowOS 11.0

Search This thread

abhi43

Nov 25, 2011
Mumbai
No gestures or navbar

There is no navbar and only hardware keys work. Changing to fullscreen gestures only enables home/recents, back doesn't work. The EnableSoftKeys method from the replies didn't make any difference.
Tried on clean flashes of both vanilla (with and without NikGapps+Pixel launcher) and gapps versions.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
There is no navbar and only hardware keys work. Changing to fullscreen gestures only enables home/recents, back doesn't work. The EnableSoftKeys method from the replies didn't make any difference.
Tried on clean flashes of both vanilla (with and without NikGapps+Pixel launcher) and gapps versions.

Read my message here

Full gesture "back" don't work, only up/down swipe, you must edit build.prop with a editor from playstore or directly from TWRP > Terminal
From a editor > system/build.prop , add in the additional lines on bottom : qemu.hw.mainkeys=0
or
from TWRP, mount system and run this command in the Terminal : echo "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0" >> /system_root/system/build.prop

Restart your system, now all gestures working, HW buttons are disabled

abhi43

Nov 25, 2011
Mumbai
Read my message here

Ah, wish I had known this before. Needed a ROM and couldn't wait so I installed YAAP for now. It didn't have working back either but unlike other ROMs, there was an 'Enable navigation bar' option, which enabled the pill and suddenly all gestures worked fine without any fixes.
I even reflashed ArrowOS again to see if it had an enable nav-bar option but it didn't so I switched back again.

Pho3nX

Jun 13, 2013
Ah, wish I had known this before. Needed a ROM and couldn't wait so I installed YAAP for now. It didn't have working back either but unlike other ROMs, there was an 'Enable navigation bar' option, which enabled the pill and suddenly all gestures worked fine without any fixes.
I even reflashed ArrowOS again to see if it had an enable nav-bar option but it didn't so I switched back again.

I have activate with succes Full gestures on all A11 roms available for the OP5. The only first rom purpose full gestures without edit build.prop is YAAP (lastest changelog). And for now the best roms si MSM Extended, just Full Gestures to activate, after all is perfect on MSM.

abhi43

Nov 25, 2011
Mumbai
I have activate with succes Full gestures on all A11 roms available for the OP5. The only first rom purpose full gestures without edit build.prop is YAAP (lastest changelog). And for now the best roms si MSM Extended, just Full Gestures to activate, after all is perfect on MSM.

Will try MSM some day maybe. Is it stock android/Pixel like by default? Someone on the first page of the MSM thread posted screenshots and it looked really trash, with some cheap looking theme that looked like it was from 5 years ago, and the apps/QS having like 5-6 icons per row and per column. I'm not sure if the guy customised it to look like that or if it's the only choices we get. If it's close to stock and relatively stable I'll give it a go.

Currently not having any issues with YAAP, only annoying thing is the AOD brightness is super low and can't be adjusted, only lights up on notification, but I guess that's with all A11 ROMs.

Trey n

Nov 12, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5
OnePlus 5
Will try MSM some day maybe. Is it stock android/Pixel like by default? Someone on the first page of the MSM thread posted screenshots and it looked really trash, with some cheap looking theme that looked like it was from 5 years ago, and the apps/QS having like 5-6 icons per row and per column. I'm not sure if the guy customised it to look like that or if it's the only choices we get. If it's close to stock and relatively stable I'll give it a go.

Currently not having any issues with YAAP, only annoying thing is the AOD brightness is super low and can't be adjusted, only lights up on notification, but I guess that's with all A11 ROMs.

msm is full of customization you can configure the quick settings tiles as you want there are some bugs which is to be expected im currently on msm 11 and going to switch back to rr, battery life is amazing on msm tho!

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)

B1nz

Oct 27, 2014
Kasur
can somebody tell me how to install this rom?
I've tried this step, which I usually do every switching rom:
1. wipe cache, data, system
2. flash firmware 10.0
3. flash rom vanilla
4. flash nikGapps
5. flash magisk
6. reboot
and ended up in a bootloop, can anyone tell me the right method? thanks

thaidroid

Dec 10, 2010
Pattaya (Thailand)
can somebody tell me how to install this rom?
I've tried this step, which I usually do every switching rom:
1. wipe cache, data, system
2. flash firmware 10.0
3. flash rom vanilla
4. flash nikGapps
5. flash magisk
6. reboot
and ended up in a bootloop, can anyone tell me the right method? thanks

Read the OP, Encryption not supported. I suspect you are, if not you have to flash Noverity before Magisk

B1nz

Oct 27, 2014
Kasur
Read the OP, Encryption not supported. I suspect you are, if not you have to flash Noverity before Magisk

well, I've tried flashing it without magisk and failed, that's why I tried to root the phone.
Also I read your answer on this thread where you also answer a question about the steps, and you wrote
"Rom
GAPPS (because the GAP version was not available)
Magisk Canary
I'm decrypted so I flash Noverity but it says "cannot find file to xxx" so I guess it's not necessary.

I just checked and now the GAPPS version is available."
that's why I did that
thanks for your response anyway

morfances

Jun 10, 2013
Rome
I understand your problem. It had happened to me too. First change recovery and put the last of codework. Then do a clean flash: flash rom (gapps version), flash no_verity. Reboot, setup and then flash magisk.

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5000 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything (RIL, WiFi, slider etc)

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • SELinux permissive
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device, choose GAPPS or VANILLA variants
    Read our blog article/post about:
    * info about GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    To get Magisk Safetynet to pass if Magisk hide does not do the trick.
    Install termux.
    Install Magisk module named, "MagiskHide Props Config".
    Reboot.
    Open termux.
    Type "su".
    Grant SU permission.
    Type "props".
    Select option 1.
    Select option f.
    Select your device.
    * updated build available
    Fixed chrome crash and some other small bugs
    Dumpling build available
    Let me know how that goes.

To download visit downloads.arrowos.net
    I discovered that I had no carrier data on all A11 roms except YAAP(already came with Gapps)
    NO Data from Carrier Fixed!
    The problem comes from using NikGapps-Omni Package, NikGapps -Basic is OK !
    Finding out why is above my paygrade but at least I found out the culprit. Happy Flashing all:D
    @bauuuuu Is it possible to add customizable battery bar (inside sb) and the option to hide battery icon (also in sb) in next build, please?

Edit: Having the possibility to display date left or right of time in sb would also be nice ;-)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone