[ROM][android-11.0][monet] ArrowOS 11.0

Search This thread

nocturnosteve

• Apr 3, 2021
    in the installation guide it tells you to flash the rom using TWRP recovery, I however fail to find a TWRP recovery version for Xiaomi Monet, at least in the official teamWIn webpage. Are you using an unofficial TWRP recovery? Which one?

Is root actually needed in order to flash the ROM?

Alec Chan

Nov 17, 2020
    hello sir which arrow os are you using? and is it gapps version? your magisk version?

i tried flashing magisk 22.0 with 08 april build (gapps) version as you said but its bootlooping. can you kindly help?
    I use magisk v22.1 with 14 April gapps build. It take sometime to boot for the first time.

Alec Chan

Nov 17, 2020
    Reactions: nocturnosteve

nocturnosteve

• Apr 3, 2021
    Works incredibly fine! Even faster than MIUI, without MIUI's bloatware and those preinstalled apps they put which turn out to be (according to LibreAV) pure malware.

#A few notes for newcomers (or people who, like me, haven't used custom roms since the cyanogenmod ages).

*** I'm not responsible for bricked devices or anything if you follow this mini guide. Do some research on everything BEFORE FLASHING. It has worked for me, but it could not work for you. Here I try to describe every step in a simple way:

-Unlock your device using Mi Unlock Tool. This will get your bootloader unlocked. You need a Xiaomi account in order to do this (just delete the account when you get this step done). You'll need to wait for 7 days until they allow you to unlock the bootloader. Note: it only runs on Windows. It needs some driver stuff. Installing Mi PCSuite from Xiaomi will solve driver issues.
    -Unlocking the bootloader, DOES WIPE EVERYTHING on your phone. Be aware of this and backup your files and chats, and list your apps!
    -Once the above is succesfully done, use this TWRP recovery build
    Flash it and then boot it. Leave it running on your phone.
    -When you boot twrp following the guide in that thread, your device won't be recognized by your PC. So you put ROM/Gapps/Whatever zip on its Internal Storage running on a terminal (my case, a Linux terminal): adb push yourfile.zip /targetfolder
    Take into account the user folder in Android systems is usually called /sdcard.
    -Just flash, and erase Cache & Dalvik. Reboot.

Last edited:
    Reactions: fattox

ale82to

Apr 7, 2014
    I just wanted to say that battery life on this room is amazing two full day on quite heavy usage!
    1620708694.png

rsptsa

Jan 19, 2010
    Thank you for that amazing work.

I switched from Miui since two months and I will not rollback ;)

I am using the version of 01/05 and I am facing two issue :
    - When a call is received the screen remain black ( no adaptative brightness)
    - Setting app crash when i tr to configure MMS

Thanks.

arko7123

Feb 25, 2011
    Milano
    since yesterday smart lock and trusted places has stopped working, I have tried everything but smartphone remain locked when I am at home. Anyone else with the same problem?

edit : uninstalling play services update temporarily fixes the problem, but the new auto update to version 21.15.15 breaks smart lock again :cautious:

Last edited:

Moot849

May 14, 2021
    Hello. I use the VANILLA build because I want to use AOSP dialer. But I can not install Gapps(Nik Gapps, Flame Gapps, Weeb Gapps, Open Gapps, etc.). Is there any way?

Reactions: Kreatiz

killyxx

May 16, 2021
    It's perfect Rom.

There is only one bug and I hope it will be fixed.

When receiving a call, the incall phone number and my phone number appear together.

ex)
    01011111111(incall number) 01022222222(my number)
    it appear 0101111111101022222222

it occurs at korea phone number.

logcat

Last edited:

h4t4

Feb 26, 2010
    Hi All,
    First thanks for the ROM it is fantastic, big kudos to devs.
    Second I was able (by mistake) to install new ROM on old firmware and now I am not able to upgrade via OTA.
    So my noob question is how you do a backup of all app and app data before reflashing everything ?
    twrp is mentioning it is not working so are you using another tool or xiaom backup tool ?

Thank you so much for your help

Ever_1976

May 18, 2021
    I used twrp and pbrp to flash MIUIEEA12.1.4, then formatted the data, then restarted to twrp to flash Arrows20210515 Gapps, and then restarted the phone to enter fastboot. No matter how I try, it always enter fastboot, who can Help me?

nocturnosteve

• Apr 3, 2021
    I used twrp and pbrp to flash MIUIEEA12.1.4, then formatted the data, then restarted to twrp to flash Arrows20210515 Gapps, and then restarted the phone to enter fastboot. No matter how I try, it always enter fastboot, who can Help me?
    Not a savvy on the issue but:
    use android tools on your PC: install adb and fastboot.

Then use CMD (if you on windows) and write down 'fastboot devices'.if you get a serial code, then you will get to recover it. you could just use fastboot commands to reflash stock miui, and start over

Can you install android tools: fastboot and ADB on your computer?
    Here's how to do it on Windows. I would do it on Linux: safer, and no driver issues

krapstow

Dec 18, 2015
    Hallo, kann mir jemand sagen, ob und wie man die Vibrationsintensität so einstellt, dass sie stärker ist.

MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES or at least add an English translation below your foreign language(Google translator for example), translation added below:

Hello, can someone tell me if and how to adjust the vibration intensity so that it is stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Thanks a lot! U think they both are pretty easy to install, right?
      That's what concerns me the most, since last time I modded something was like on 2016 with a LeEco (sigh).
      Thanks again!
      Arrow was relatively easy to install. (as for Revenge I don't know, but I guess it will follow the same procedure?)
      I wrote this small guide for other people who were unsure (it took me quite a long time to find out how to do things properly) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-android-11-0-monet-arrowos-11-0.4228113/post-84966525

The only problem I found, when you flash twrp, if you restart your device, twrp won't boot! you'll go straight into MIUI or Xiaomi's recovery menu!.

So what I did in order to flash it was:

fastboot flash recovery twrp350-xxxx-spak.img

fastboot boot twrp350-xxxx-spak.img

(you leave twrp running on your phone).

then, to move the rom to the internal storage, you need to use adb tools. get into the folder where your rom is in your pc using command line terminal, and execute: adb push ROMName.zip /sdcard

In your phone, still in TWRP recovery, Go to flash, navigate to /sdcard and there it is!.
      After flashing, youll be asked whether you want cache and dalvik cache wiped. yes to both.
      That way, it worked for me! (keep in mind im not responsible if it doesn't work for you and you brick your phone!, but maybe this helps you get into grips with the procedure more easily)
      Update 2021-05-30

Device changelog:
      - Enable vibration multiple intensities
      - Force triple frame buffers
      - Set volume steps props
      - Enable usage of dex2oat64
      - Optimize everything on preopt
      - Reserve more partition spaces in vanilla builds
      - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

Kernel:
      - Merged CAF tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-11500-SMxx50.0 for msm-4.19 and wlan
      - Misc fixes and upstream changes.

ROM changelog: https://arrowos.net/changelog.php

Download:
      Hi guys!
      I'm writing you cause I'd like to flash a rom on my monet, I'm actually using MIUI Global 12.1.4 but the notifications bugs are seriously annoying: I never flashed a ROM before on this phone, just tried to unlock the bootloader yesterday and I still have to wait 7 more days.
      The question is: what ROM would you suggest me to flash? The one which has less bugs and is more stable, with better battery performance and easy to install.
      I'm considering both Arrow, Lineage and Revenge, what you think could be the best for my necessities?
      Thanks in advance, hope you could help me.
      Cheers!
      LineageOS for Monet is not yet official.
      Though it could be a great option, as long as there is no official ROM, I wouldn't flash it. Unofficial ROMs tend to be more unstable and can have problems during the installation process.
      I have never tried RevengeOS out on Monet, only the monet GAPPS build, and it works neat, specially regarding battery life.
      I would think about either revenge or arrow, and discard lineage, at least for as long as they don't have an official release
      Thanks a lot, for real!
      Youre welcome.I hope it works fine for you!
      has anyone installed the rom on this MIUI version?
      It worked for me.
      logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
      ArrowOS
      is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
      Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Code Review: review.arrowos.net
      E-mail: arrowos.contact
      PayPal: Donate to us
      Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
      • Almost everything

How to Flash
      • Zip will not install on any other firmare than MIUI-R V12.1.4.0.RJIEUXM, make sure you are on correct firmare.
      • Install TWRP following normal process, reboot to Android 11 supported recovery, format the data (will delete everything from phone, different than wipe data option), reboot to recovery, copy the downloaded file to internal stoage from PC. Install Zip, reboot

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
      • You tell me
      Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
      Click here to Download
      Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
      * HOW-TO report a bug
      * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
      * Checking build integrity

Contributors
      • kubersharma001, Bauuuuu
      ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
      Kernel Source: (https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_monet )
      Reserved.

Mi 10 Lite Zoom codenamed: "vangogh" users can use https://downloads.arrowos.net/vangogh
      We may work on some unified build later but due to busy schedule and having only one tester for vangogh is challenging so this is what it is as of now.

Yes, Safetynet pass by default.
      More information about why a different build fingerprint value is being used to pass Safetynet: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-android-11-0-monet-arrowos-11-0.4228113/post-84611349
      Small teaser of the future :sneaky:
      With 10.03 builds will include new Arrow kernel, compile from sources.
      • Merged CAF tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0​
      • Enabled TTL target and TCP congestion control​
      • Misc fixes and improve changes.​
      Guys I bring you great news

All known bugs have been fixed in ArrowOS...

Fingerprint is now detected perfectly from the first configuration (sometimes it didn't allow you to configure it until the configuration was finished).
      Fingerprint with screen off fixed (touch the sensor and only the sensor will light up in white to scan the fingerprint)
      DT2W or Double tap to activate screen while off works or also has a feature that activates the device when you pick up the phone that half turns on the screen to see the clock and scan fingerprint.
      Netflix has widevine certification on L1 to play Netflix in FullHD (I had xiaomi.eu V12.1.2.0.RJIMIXM and went back to xiaomi.eu V12.0.2.0.QJIMIXM).
      SafetyNet passes without installing Magisk or modules.

I recommend installing the version with GAPPS is only brings calculator, calendar, camera, contacts, gallery, messages, clock, play store and phone that is fair and necessary.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

@kubersharma001@ @bauuuuu Thank you very much and you two and the entire ArrowOS team for bringing more life to our device. There is no room for all this emotion in my body.