[ROM][android-11.0][monet] ArrowOS 11.0

Search This thread

mikairyuu

Aug 23, 2020
Yes, it's really good. Almost perfect. Remember to flash the new firmware first!
Apart from screen off FOD, which is next to unusable...
Doesn't work 7 times out of 10, when works takes like 2 seconds.
And I don't really care about those 2 seconds anyway, nothing is perfect, but I definitely want it to at least work every time...
In all other aspects, great rom, thanks dev.

onionbearing

May 21, 2018
Apart from screen off FOD, which is next to unusable...
Doesn't work 7 times out of 10, when works takes like 2 seconds.
And I don't really care about those 2 seconds anyway, nothing is perfect, but I definitely want it to at least work every time...
In all other aspects, great rom, thanks dev.

Yup, screen off FOD is not usable, altough with my phone when it works it is fast. Also ambient display on pick-up is slow and also not usable. Other that that it's perfect rom!

Nov 19, 2020
when reading a Troika card (MIFARE Clfssik technology) works like this : nfc-on,nfc-off,nfc-on, .... Arrow latest version

Attachments

• IMG_20210302_160518.jpg
    IMG_20210302_160518.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20210302_160526.jpg
    IMG_20210302_160526.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20210302_160534.jpg
    IMG_20210302_160534.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 46

svdoldie

Jul 10, 2014
Hi, I use this great ROM incl. GAPPS since a few weeks.

Now I'm having trouble updating the ROM. Updates are no longer installed since the version dated February 24th, 2021. What can i do?

Greetings svdoldie

stefanaki89

Sep 30, 2014
Taviano
Hi, I use this great ROM incl. GAPPS since a few weeks.

Now I'm having trouble updating the ROM. Updates are no longer installed since the version dated February 24th, 2021. What can i do?

Greetings svdoldie
We have upgraded to R vendor from Today's (24-02-2021) build. It is necessary to flash V12.1.4.0.RJIEUXM first to be able to install this build. This requires Android 11 comaptible recovery, you can find it in this forum. This is a major upgrade and almost all the leftover bugs such as wifi calling, wifi display etc are fixed.
You are required to format the data from recovery. Please make sure that you take backup on external device.
The original post have been updated to reflect new flashing instructions.
DOWNLOAD HERE

Reactions: svdoldie and raunz
Dec 3, 2020
After formatting data as per the instructions, twrp shows FBE encryption error and I cannot flash anything on the device. I'm using the correct firrnware and have tried all the recoveries available for the device.

Dec 3, 2020
in twrp or with the phone on? why would you format data every time? if you can't copy to twrp, backup any folder and restart twrp you should have access to memory again.

After formatting data as per the instructions, twrp shows FBE encryption error and I cannot flash anything on the device. I'm using the correct firrnware and have tried all the recoveries available for the device.

OmarD

Mar 25, 2007
After update firmware using miui_MONETEEAGlobal_V12.1.4.0.RJIEUXM_a2a041fd3c_11.0
and flash to Arrow-v11.0-monet-OFFICIAL-20210304-GAPPS
Now i have my dual SIM phone working as a single SIM phone 😭😩
I dont know whats happened, but now only one SIM works fine, another SIM is recognized but not signal or data mobile is working.
It is a Android 11 bug in this phone?

kubersharma

Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2015
New Delhi , India
To all the people wondering why arrow_monet is using build fingerprint value from Xiaomi Mi 8 codenamed dipper.
It is because usually devices cannot pass Safetynet with their own build fingerprint value anymore as it has many other requirements etc which probably Xiaomi might be aware of or among other reasons it won't pass on our custom AOSP firmware.

So, how to spoof device to pass Safetynet?:

* It has to be something from a device released with Android Oreo to avoid security patch level check to pass Safetynet;
or
* It can be from current generation of Pixel like redfin (or the one's still updated to new ASBs) but in that case the build fingerprint has to be updated and matched with the patch level of ASB each time there is a security patch merged from AOSP example: redfin build fingerprint from March security patch update/ firmware will pass Safetynet on security patch level which is also from March. If both of them do not match, there is a high chance that Safetynet will fail.

Conclusion:
We opted to not go for Pixel one; be it from Android Oreo like walleye or latest gen redfin as we don't want keep updating it every month and wanted to spoof it with a Xiaomi device only
This is why Mi 8 dipper (a flagship Xiaomi with oreo and CTS compatible build fingerprint prop) was chosen!

PS: This doesn't have any impact on anything else as it is clearly to spoof the device to pass the SafetyNet test ^.^

Last edited:

DVC1985

Apr 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Whenever I format data, my computer cannot copy any files to the device. How can I fix this? thanks

I'm having the same problem. I'm using spakk's PBRP. Following the normal install method here is what happens for me:

1. Starting from MIUI official.
2. Flash PBRP via adb flash recovery.
3. Reboot to recovery.
4. Inside PBRP - Format data. Yes to confirm.
5. Try to copy rom .zip to internal storage ... nothing. It doesn't seem to allow access at all.
6. Reboot back to recovery.
7. Still no access to storage.

What am I doing wrong here exactly?

EDIT: OK I have no idea how but I'm actually booting in to Arrow now. I booted back in to MIUI start screen(first set up) and then powered down and booted back in to TWRP. I then copied the .zip over without formatting data and installed the .zip. It seems to have worked.

So why is it recommended to format data if it's not needed? I don't understand.

Last edited:

DVC1985

Apr 1, 2011
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
I've been using this for a while now and it's lovely and smooth. Great job devs.

SafetyNet passes ok, however my banking app says my device may be rooted so I assume it's detecting the bootloader is unlocked. Is there any way to bypass this? I can't lock the bootloader as it'll brick the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After several attempts I just deactivated "hey google" when the screen is on and my call recording app started working again :)
    Good of you to explain what you did to change that (others might find it useful)! Well done on finding the problem also!
    Can anyone please post a newbie guide on how to root Monet and flash this ROM?
    I've been out from custom ROMs since the ages of Cyanogenmod, and boot recoveries have changed, there's this new thing called magisk and I'm lost.

Any help is very appreciated :)
    I flash the miui 12.1.4 in twrp and flash twrp again then flash the rom.
    I root it with magisk.zip. I flash the magisk.zip and flash the rom again. It doesn't have any problem.
    I just realized that the app I always used to record calls doesn't work anymore with the latest updates, it has always worked with both miui and arrowos. I use boldbeast call recorder with root and alsa method, the version I use has not been changed in the last few days so I guess something has changed with the latest system updates. I've also tried axet call recorder from magisk repo (that worked until last month) but it doesn't record anything anymore, the only one that works is skvalex call recorder but the audio is not the best and it's only a trial version
    Try True Phone. If you add the magisk module for it, it will record the calls you set it up to record.
    It's a phone app.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...t-dialer-contact-manager-replacement.2934816/
    Yes, it works fine for me. Under regular MIUI-OS. 11.0.4-A10. And it also works on my Mi Mix 3 5G running latest HavocOS (A11). You have to set it up in the Settings - Incomming/Outgoing calls - Call recording. Mine is set to Enable Call Recording, Recording App - True Phone, Output format - AMR, Sample rate - 16000Hz, Auto record calls - incomming outgoing unknown, Add to media gallery (disabled).
    It's set the same on both my phones.
    I've set everything correctly but in arrowos it doesn't work, I made a 2 minute call but it didn't record anything. Exactly as it happens with the boldbeast (root + magisk)) and axet (magisk) which were working until a few days ago
    logo.png

ArrowOS

ABOUT
    ArrowOS
    is an AOSP/CAF based project started with the aim of keeping things simple, clean and neat.

Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Checkout more documentation at (maintainership/contributing): Check this out

WHAT WORKS?
    • Almost everything

How to Flash
    • Zip will not install on any other firmare than MIUI-R V12.1.4.0.RJIEUXM, make sure you are on correct firmare.
    • Install TWRP following normal process, reboot to Android 11 supported recovery, format the data (will delete everything from phone, different than wipe data option), reboot to recovery, copy the downloaded file to internal stoage from PC. Install Zip, reboot

WHAT DOESN'T WORK?
    • You tell me
    Be sure to include a log : check how to

DOWNLOADS
    Click here to Download
    Tip: Select OEM -> Device,choose Arrow version, choose build type: "GAPPS" or "VANILLA" to download.

Read our blog article/post about:
    * HOW-TO report a bug
    * GAPPS and VANILLA variants
    * Checking build integrity

Contributors
    • kubersharma001, Bauuuuu
    ROM Source: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Kernel Source: (https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_xiaomi_monet )
    Reserved.

Mi 10 Lite Zoom codenamed: "vangogh" users can use https://downloads.arrowos.net/vangogh
    We may work on some unified build later but due to busy schedule and having only one tester for vangogh is challenging so this is what it is as of now.

Yes, Safetynet pass by default.
    More information about why a different build fingerprint value is being used to pass Safetynet: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-android-11-0-monet-arrowos-11-0.4228113/post-84611349
    Small teaser of the future :sneaky:
    With 10.03 builds will include new Arrow kernel, compile from sources.
    • Merged CAF tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-10800-SMxx50.0​
    • Enabled TTL target and TCP congestion control​
    • Misc fixes and improve changes.​
    Guys I bring you great news

All known bugs have been fixed in ArrowOS...

Fingerprint is now detected perfectly from the first configuration (sometimes it didn't allow you to configure it until the configuration was finished).
    Fingerprint with screen off fixed (touch the sensor and only the sensor will light up in white to scan the fingerprint)
    DT2W or Double tap to activate screen while off works or also has a feature that activates the device when you pick up the phone that half turns on the screen to see the clock and scan fingerprint.
    Netflix has widevine certification on L1 to play Netflix in FullHD (I had xiaomi.eu V12.1.2.0.RJIMIXM and went back to xiaomi.eu V12.0.2.0.QJIMIXM).
    SafetyNet passes without installing Magisk or modules.

I recommend installing the version with GAPPS is only brings calculator, calendar, camera, contacts, gallery, messages, clock, play store and phone that is fair and necessary.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

@kubersharma001@ @bauuuuu Thank you very much and you two and the entire ArrowOS team for bringing more life to our device. There is no room for all this emotion in my body.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone