• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Android 11][BERYLLIUM] crDroid v7.11 [24.10.2021]

Search This thread

TeslaSerb

Jul 5, 2021
This is one of the best custom ROM I have used. Only reason I'm not using this is because it doesn't let us use 20MP front camera of POCO F1, stock camera only shows max resolution of 5MP, common issue across all Android 11 ROMs. Even ANX Camera doesn't fully support Android 11, which used to get the job done with Android 10 ROMs. And GCam mods doesn't really support more than 1080p for front camera.

Is anyone able to make use of 20MP front camera so far with this ROM using any camera app?
Just short update, I am currently using Anx Camera on crDroid 7.10, actually three cameras
  1. ANXCameraUnity.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka (one must first install first MiuiCore01, and be sure you are installing this from Magisk and not twrp!!) and
  2. MGC_3.2.045_Mi8 (no need for gapps)
  3. IR camera Poco F1 Mi8_v2.2.7 (front IR camera, can make BW pics in dark, this is gimmick but good one :-D)
It seems all run great :)
BTW, great ROM.

amn1987

Just short update, I am currently using Anx Camera on crDroid 7.10, actually three cameras
  1. ANXCameraUnity.190R.BountifulDistantHapuka (one must first install first MiuiCore01, and be sure you are installing this from Magisk and not twrp!!) and
  2. MGC_3.2.045_Mi8 (no need for gapps)
  3. IR camera Poco F1 Mi8_v2.2.7 (front IR camera, can make BW pics in dark, this is gimmick but good one :-D)
It seems all run great :)
BTW, great ROM.
Does this version of ANX enables capture of full resolution images in the front cam?

Reactions: duttyend

milancnakum

Jun 1, 2017
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
Does this version of ANX enables capture of full resolution images in the front cam?
Sadly (ANXCameraUnity.190R) it does not come close to 20mp 😕
Maximum i get is from F.C. 2592x1296 (3.4mp)
And from B.C. 4032x2268 (9.1mp)
It maybe does?!

If you see photo info in Google Gallery Go & info, it shows 20.1 MP at 3880x5184 (on 4:3 ratio) on front. And 12.2 MP at 3024x4032 (on 4:3 ratio) on back.

But if you see the same in Google Photos or FX File Manager or Solid Explorer & info, it shows 2.8 MP at 1920x1440 on front. And same 12 MP on back.

So maybe it gets converted down to 2.8 MP by something, don't know why or what. Even immediately opening photo after capture in Google Photos shows size as 20.1 MP there, but after 2-3 seconds it changes to 2.8 MP.

TeslaSerb

Jul 5, 2021
It maybe does?!

If you see photo info in Google Gallery Go & info, it shows 20.1 MP at 3880x5184 (on 4:3 ratio) on front. And 12.2 MP at 3024x4032 (on 4:3 ratio) on back.

But if you see the same in Google Photos or FX File Manager or Solid Explorer & info, it shows 2.8 MP at 1920x1440 on front. And same 12 MP on back.

So maybe it gets converted down to 2.8 MP by something, don't know why or what. Even immediately opening photo after capture in Google Photos shows size as 20.1 MP there, but after 2-3 seconds it changes to 2.8 MP.
If you find what is reverting to this please tag me again :) This is quite interesting i will try it out (sadly i do not have google gallery, or anything from google)

Reactions: milancnakum

TeslaSerb

Jul 5, 2021
One odd thing i am experiencing if anyone knows what is the problem:

So i make a photo "1.jpg"
1. I "share" it from gallery to elemnt.im (or bluetooh to another device, or to total commander to another location on internal drive)
Photo is corrupted
2. I copy it to another location, or use element.im dialog to upload photo
Photo is Ok

So it seems share option corrupts data.
I am not sure this is crDroid issue, did anyone else noticed this?

milancnakum

Jun 1, 2017
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
If you find what is reverting to this please tag me again :) This is quite interesting i will try it out (sadly i do not have google gallery, or anything from google)
I first tried it in Corvus OS, and also same happening currently in Pixel Plus UI. So I'd say it's common to maybe AOSP or something. Or just maybe with ANX Camera itself for A11.
Probably CRDroid as well, earlier happened similar with 185R & CrDroid.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaSerb

milancnakum

Jun 1, 2017
Ahmedabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
I first tried it in Corvus OS, and also same happening currently in Pixel Plus UI. So I'd say it's common to maybe AOSP or something. Or just maybe with ANX Camera itself for A11.
Probably CRDroid as well, earlier happened similar with 185R & CrDroid.
But also, today I tried using ANX 202 with 48MP fix for R v202. Same thing happens, captured as 20.1MP, then downgraded to 2.8MP in few seconds automatically, with same file size. But if captured in Protrait Mode, it stays at 20MP. So the fix works, but only for portrait mode, not normal picture mode. Should work at least for selfies, and then changing the bokeh effect to 0 in gallery (maybe?!).

EDIT: It takes longer, but eventually downgraded to 2.8MP after few more seconds, so no way as of now in AOSP to take 20MP pics.

Last edited:

Bourjois

Mar 1, 2012

Bandaranaike

Jan 22, 2013
Xiaomi Poco F3
I'm having a problem I can't solve. I was on crDroid but had to flash MIUI, and now I want to go back to crDroid. But when I proceed to flash zip and gapps the system boots and I get the message "encryption unsuccessful" along with a button to "erase all data". Unfortunately, clicking that button does nothing except restarting the device and going to boot the system, again leading to the same message. I've searched for this term on this forum and haven't found any reference - any idea what might be the problem? The device is unlocked and I was intent on using the decrypted crDroid, as always.

gwolfu

Recognized Developer
I'm having a problem I can't solve. I was on crDroid but had to flash MIUI, and now I want to go back to crDroid. But when I proceed to flash zip and gapps the system boots and I get the message "encryption unsuccessful" along with a button to "erase all data". Unfortunately, clicking that button does nothing except restarting the device and going to boot the system, again leading to the same message. I've searched for this term on this forum and haven't found any reference - any idea what might be the problem? The device is unlocked and I was intent on using the decrypted crDroid, as always.
format data in recovery

Kanonir West

Aug 28, 2019
ui crashes after changing font, stuck on black screen. i have tried restarting several times but doesn't work. can't do anything. can anyone let me know how to set to default font through twrp terminal. its urgent, I'm unable to use my phone.

i used "Roboto Condensed" font, after selecting this font my screen went black.
Hi everyone!
Unfortunately this problem is still present, so be careful with choosing this font!
Hope this issue will be fixed in the next update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Build 20211024 is up

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Optimus Drunk 11.29
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.287
    - Updated kernel clang compiler to 13.0.3
    - Improvements made to lmkd
    - Added large grid workspaces to Launcher (6x10, 6x12, 6x7, 6x8, 6x9)
    - Some other fixes here and there
    - Updated translations

Join the chat on Telegram @ https://t.me/crDroidPoco
    Build 20211010 is ready

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 7.11 code base
    - Updated to October 2021 security patches (android-11.0.0_r46)
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.286
    - Stability fixes
    - Updated translations

Hey, @gwolfu

The latest Official TWRP based on 9 can automatically mount the vendor flash encrypt.zip etc.
    You may want to change the steps and include the link of this recovery at #2.
    I have a problem with this rom where in low light conditions, the automatic brightness always gets set to the minimum possible brightness, which is a little too low so I have to manually adjust it every time. Is there a way to fix that?
    format data in recovery
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • Backup your data to PC, OTG flash drive
    • Flash recovery and boot to recovery
    • Wipe system, data, cache and format data, then reboot to recovery
    • Copy crDroid and Gapps to internal memory then flash them in TWRP in same order
    • Reboot and enjoy :)
    • *Optional reboot again after first boot to flash Magisk for root

Update installation:
    • Boot to recovery and make a backup
    • Wipe system and cache
    • Flash updated crDroid and Gapps (and Magisk if you had this as root method)
    • Reboot and enjoy :)

Do note that crDroid doesn't encrypt your device, so there is no need to flash DFE or any similar stuff that can cause issues!

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel source: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm845

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/beryllium#crDroid-v7
    Changelog: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/11.0/changelog_beryllium.txt

Known isues:
    - none critical

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Poco Telegram
    crDroid Community Telegram

If you like my work, consider a donation > My Paypal

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    Encrypt data
    As crDroid doesn't enforce encryption, you'll have to flash a special flashable zip in recovery in order to run encrypted
    Please follow steps below

Warning Warning Warning --- This works only on clean flash
    1. Flash crDroid.zip in recovery
    2. Mount vendor partition in recovery (for some reason is not mounting with newer TWRP)
    3. Flash encrypt zip
    4. Reboot to system

Note:
    The encrypt zip needs to be flashed after every update
    So flash crDroid zip and follow with encrypt zip

Note2:
    Recovery that is able to decrypt data is required in order to see data while booted to recovery
    Official TWRP should be alright
    Build 20210103 is ready

Changelog:
    - Updated kernel to Optimus Drunk 11.2
    - Updated kernel to Linux 4.9.249
    - Rebased on top of latest LOS dt changes
    - Switched to QTI BT
    - Added Pulse
    - Removed old visualizer toggle
    - Added option to customizing the length of gesture navbar
    - Added option to hide gesture navbar (set length to hidden option)
    - Added old style mobile data indicators
    - Fixed battery estimate option from quick settings
    - Fixed lockscreen media art if media is not playing
    - Lots of other changes

Build 20210509 is ready

Changelog:
    - Initial crDroid 7.6 code base
    - Updated to May security patches (android-11.0.0_r37)
    - Updated kernel to Optimus Drunk 11.19
    - Added notification / media ticker customization (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
    - Added "Force Close" button toggle for notification longpress (crDroid Settings -> Notifications)
    - Added lockscreen background blur (crDroid Settings -> Lock Screen)
    - Added toast notification toggle for apps accessing clipboard (crDroid Settings -> Misc)
    - Added Updates channel link to crDroid Settigs -> About (get info on when ROM updates are posted)
    - Fixed force close on app info panel
    - Fixed "Restrict background data" to also restrict activity on wifi
    - Improved opacity customization for notifications
    - Removed Google callback for long screenshot app
    - Tweaked lights control
    - Some other small changes here and there
    - Updated translations

Build 20210516 is ready

Changelog:
    - Different improvements made to performance
    - Updated libs