• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Android 11][JUICE - POCO M3 / Redmi 9T / Redmi 9 Power / Redmi Note 9 4G] crDroid v7.12 [OFFICIAL][09.11.2021]

Search This thread

redcloudpl

Aug 14, 2021
Will this ROM (i absolutely love crDroid) work on Xiaomi Redmi 9 (not Note, "t", nor "Power" version - just Redmi 9).

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Anyone able to give feedback on the overall stability of crDroid 7.9? I am forced to install this for a senior citizen (unfortunately MIUI doesn't work with a service they need, but AOSP based ROMs are fine) - just hoping that calls, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and camera are all rock solid. Thanks!

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Anyone able to give feedback on the overall stability of crDroid 7.9? I am forced to install this for a senior citizen (unfortunately MIUI doesn't work with a service they need, but AOSP based ROMs are fine) - just hoping that calls, bluetooth, Wi-Fi and camera are all rock solid. Thanks!
ITs working great. Everything.

hoorinek

Feb 15, 2011
Hi, I'm having trouble with this ROM.
The display is not working as it should. It's like there is a bad sensor.
It happens with all custom ROMs. Only MIUI ROM is fine.
Do you know where is the fault?
Thank you.

lapora

Mar 12, 2019
Anyone know if redmi 9t can hide android hotspot like samsung devices?

Hidden Network: hide your android hotspot from other devices.

Last edited:

stephendt0

Apr 9, 2012
QLD, Australia
Hey guys, just started using this ROM. Unfortunately I have a pretty serious bug - MMS is not working on my Optus service. When sending an MMS, it just sits at "sending..." forever. Receiving MMS is a similar story.

I have this same bug in MIUI, so this has probably carried over somehow. No issues with Telstra, unfortunately Optus is unique and has two APNs, one for data and one for MMS. Anyone have an idea on this?

I have verified the following:

1. MMS works perfectly on another device (eg. my Xiaomi Poco F1)
2. APN is triple checked and is correct.
3. Have mobile data enabled. Same issue occurs if I am 3G or 4G.
4. I have contacted Optus customer service and they have "reset" and "reprovisioned" my service. No change.
5. I tried the Optimus Drunk Kernel, no change.

Any suggestions? The only soluition I can see so far is ditching my Poco M3 and getting another phone. Unfortunately I need MMS for work.

Last edited:

methuselah

Aug 25, 2011
Hey guys, just started using this ROM. Unfortunately I have a pretty serious bug - MMS is not working on my Optus service. When sending an MMS, it just sits at "sending..." forever. Receiving MMS is a similar story.

I have this same bug in MIUI, so this has probably carried over somehow. No issues with Telstra, unfortunately Optus is unique and has two APNs, one for data and one for MMS. Anyone have an idea on this?

I have verified the following:

1. MMS works perfectly on another device (eg. my Xiaomi Poco F1)
2. APN is triple checked and is correct.
3. Have mobile data enabled. Same issue occurs if I am 3G or 4G.
4. I have contacted Optus customer service and they have "reset" and "reprovisioned" my service. No change.
5. I tried the Optimus Drunk Kernel, no change.

Any suggestions? The only soluition I can see so far is ditching my Poco M3 and getting another phone. Unfortunately I need MMS for work.
Your issue is unique. This ROM shares source with lineage Os. So probably check any other device that is similar with this device is on lineage Os device roster. Then search that device on xda and ask in that thread if someone else is facing the similar issue like you are facing. This kind of issues then can be reported on lineagOs official GitLab thread and then there various developers if you are lucky will be taking care of this issue, if is reproduceable. Plus you can join the telegram group of cr driois Os and ask this question there. But I guess your best bet is lineageOs.

Grudger

Oct 26, 2012
Karachi
Hello,
I updated from crDroid crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210727-juice-v7.8 to crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210813-juice-v7.9
The issue is, whenever I try to start anything that requires my google account, be it Youtube, Chrome or Photos, they all crash almost instantly. I can't even launch the playstore to reinstall stuff, any help is appreciated, what's more is when I try to remove or add account onto the device, Settings just freeze up.
Logcat attached

Last edited:

Augustine Linex

Feb 21, 2016
POCO M3
Hello,
I updated from crDroid crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210727-juice-v7.8 to crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210813-juice-v7.9
The issue is, whenever I try to start anything that requires my google account, be it Youtube, Chrome or Photos, they all crash almost instantly. I can't even launch the playstore to reinstall stuff, any help is appreciated, what's more is when I try to remove or add account onto the device, Settings just freeze up.
Logcat attached

If you dirty flashed when updating you need to reinstall gapps, and magisk if you need root. otherwise a clean flash will eliminate all errors, because 7.9 is stable for me

EpeEpe

Sep 7, 2021
Am I the only one who's NFC is not working? The symbol in the drop-down menu is grayed-out, and in settings the NFC menu is completely empty.

I first flashed the latest Xiaomi Android 11 rom: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/lime/stable beta/V12.0.1.0.RJQMIXM/ , then immediately afterwards https://sourceforge.net/projects/cr...Android-11.0-20210813-juice-v7.9.zip/download.
i have same issue. New phone ->bootloader unlock, Flash miui 12.5 (A11), then crDroid 7.9... NFC button is grayed-out

Grudger

Oct 26, 2012
Karachi
If you dirty flashed when updating you need to reinstall gapps, and magisk if you need root. otherwise a clean flash will eliminate all errors, because 7.9 is stable for me
I did install the latest FlameGApps and Magisk, right after the dirty flash, but still this happened
And this is not the first time updating, I absolutely love this rom and I've kept updating every ~3 months or so.
I think that there's an issue with the device or something in my flashing of rom - i just want to figure out what it is.
Who know I might be of help to others

oynakkedi

Sep 10, 2021
Thanks for this great work. I'm waiting to unlock my device BL. I'm looking for a custom rom which focused battery drain. I think crdroid looks best But guys do you know Is there any good alternative custom rom?

I don't understand that which firmware required for redmi 9t global (lime). Which one is correct firmware to install crdroid? Official Android 11 global beta recovery rom, eu rom, china weekly rom or a11 vendor?

And which recovery is best for install custom rom? Also I don't need root and google apps. Are magisk and gapps optional or necessarry?

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance

marsa47

Aug 1, 2010
Hi guys, thanks for this great ROM! I have bought new Poco M3 about 2 weeks ago and started unlocking it right away. I am using crDroid for a week now and all is great except an issue with ghost touching during calls.

The proximity sensor itself is working correctly, screen is turned off during calls, but it looks like the touchscreen is still unlocked. Strange thing is if I try to touch the screen intentionally during calls, it is not registering touches, but if I just talk like normal, it starts to open apps, notification drawer, dialer keyboard, etc. I can even feel vibrations due to haptic feedback of the touches.

Anyone experience this? It never happens during normal use or when the device is just sitting locked and not in use.

Top Liked Posts