• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Android 11][sanders] Octavi-OS for Moto G5S Plus [Official][26/06/2021]

Search This thread

DIEGUISHO

Apr 14, 2019
FORMOSA
Motorola's firmware is not allowed to be downgrade so u should just flash the latest one and do not go to another serial-number's firm since downgrade or cross-number flash may cause u to lose ur baseband,remember to just stay on the same firmware channel with the latest package,if this still happens try blankflash at first.
Thank you very much for answering, but I already tried with the latest version, which is the 05/11/2019 and nothing happens ... how could I do the Blankflash?

New Update / 09-04-21

Changelog:- Post #2

Download:- Webpage

Support:- http://del.dog/paytomayur

Device support group:- Mellolab

Note:-
[MOTOACTIONS] It is moved under system section of settings to make Settings UI consistent. Navigate "Settings -> System -> Dr Motopus"
[MAGISK] Flash Magisk after first boot. Supported magisk Magisk v21.x
[SAFETY NET] Safety net passes without magisk. If you flash magisk to root, just go to settings of magisk manager, and turn on magisk hide. (this needs to done as per new magisk/google policies for passing safetynet on magisk)

New Update / 08-05-21

[MOTOACTIONS] It is moved under system section of settings to make Settings UI consistent. Navigate "Settings -> System -> Dr Motopus"
[MAGISK] Flash Magisk after first boot. Supported magisk Magisk v22.x
[SAFETY NET] Safety net passes without magisk. If you flash magisk to root, just go to settings of magisk manager, and turn on magisk hide. (this needs to done as per new magisk/google policies for passing safetynet on magisk)

Last edited:
New Update / 26-06-21

[MAGISK] Flash Magisk after first boot. Supported magisk Magisk v22.x

• Love
Reactions: Damage1972

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
The positive comments on this ROM led me to try it. Now I'll add my endorsement. (y)

Very customizable (using with Nova Launcher), solid feel, and everything works.

Thanks, @marshmello_61 for making this magic happen.

EDIT
Flashed the logo.bin file from this thread, which created a seamless boot animation sequence with the Octavi part (all b/w, very complimentary).
Code:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2016
Do you still have a backup of the original EFS partition? Should be able to flash it and regain service as it was before all the tinkering around. :p
Update...
Service problem solved thanks for the help but,now network is stuck on edge 2g it is not getting 4g tried resetting network but it didn't worked.please help speed sucks
Screenshot_20210930-012139_Settings.png

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Have you checked and set all the usual items such as APN, then rebooted?

After a new modem and radio, have to treat it like a new phone, fresh out of the box.

Feb 12, 2016
Have you checked and set all the usual items such as APN, then rebooted?

After a new modem and radio, have to treat it like a new phone, fresh out of the box.
Yes tried resetting Apn but same issue, it happened to be at fist flash I got the 4g network but then I flashed stock rom,but I lost imei so I came back to this rom for imei but no 4g network same issue continue on Stock rom also,
On stock or Pixel tried both but same issue continues it only shows 2g network

Last edited:

q2n

Jun 4, 2010
Yes tried resetting Apn but same issue, it happened to be at fist flash I got the 4g network but then I flashed stock rom,but I lost imei so I came back to this rom for imei but no 4g network same issue continue on Stock rom also,
On stock or Pixel tried both but same issue continues it only shows 2g network

A quick check reveals this is not an isolated problem. (Sometimes it's good to know you didn't end up with the only bad phone.)

Also, the problem is not specific to this ROM (Octavi), but afflicts many. So it would be best to check threads like this one, and post where many more users can provide help.

It wouldn't hurt to come back and post what worked for you. The more info, the better.

Feb 12, 2016
A quick check reveals this is not an isolated problem. (Sometimes it's good to know you didn't end up with the only bad phone.)

Also, the problem is not specific to this ROM (Octavi), but afflicts many. So it would be best to check threads like this one, and post where many more users can provide help.

It wouldn't hurt to come back and post what worked for you. The more info, the better.
No not an isolated problem because 4g was working earlier,it stopped when I flashed stock,tried using that post but it didn't worked because when erase modem it goes to no service

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

About.png

OctaviOS is an AOSP based rom focusing on Unique and Smooth UI with handy features. OctaviOS is a reborn of pie based PearlOS.
    Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

CLEAN FLASH :

-Reboot to recovery
    -Take Backup of efs and persist (if not taken already)
    -Wipe System, Vendor, Cache, Dalvik Cache and Data
    -Flash the ROM
    -Reboot

Download ROM

credits.png

-Lineage OS
    -AOSP
    -Superior OS
    -MSM Xtended
    -Pixel Experience
    -Extended UI
    -Havoc OS
    -CrDroid ROM
    -Fluid OS
    -Others, I forgot to mention

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
    Wifi (and hotspot)
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    MotoActions
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Source.png

OctaviOS Source

Kernel Source
    Device support Group

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

XDA:DevDB Information
    OctaviOS for Motorola Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
    Build author:
    Mayur Varde
    Device: sanders
    Build Type: Official
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 8.1 -> Custom 9 -> Custom 10
    Based On: AOSP
    Android OS version: 11

Version Information
    Beta
    Security patch level: 5 2021
    Current Beta Version: 2.6
    SELinux Status: Permissive
    Release Date: 2021-05-26

Created 2020-10-21
    Last Updated 2021-06-26
    New Update / 16-12-20

Download:- Sourceforge

[MAGISK] Flash Magisk after first boot. Supported magisk Magisk v21.1

View attachment 5150703

These two options to force close app not working.

And This is a very noice rom. Best looking rom here.
    Will take a look
    I did a clean installed of this ROM as per instructions ... but I get To Start Android enter your Password prompt

Have tried flashing Magisk and Disable_DM-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020 but no luck.

Weird part is ... if i enter pass as the password it goes ahead but says "Password entered is correct but unfortunately your data is corrupt. To resume using your phone you need to perform a factory reset. When you setup your phone after the reset you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account" and when I click Erase all data .. it opens recovery does some activity and reboots back to the same prompt to enter password.

Please help:?

Go to recovery -> wipe section -> click on format data -> type yes -> swipe. (Here your data will be erased, so keep backup) Now go to reboot section in recovery -> reboot to recovery. It will reboot to recovery now. Keep the rom zip downloaded on pc/laptop, connect pc/laptop to sanders, move rom file and flash it. Let me know if you do it and what happens.
    New Update

Download:- Sourceforge (do not flash GApps. They are prebuilt now)

[WIFI] Toggle wifi 2 times from settings->network & internet OR from quick settings. This will be fixed in upcoming update(s)
    [MAGISK] Flash Magisk after first boot. Supported magisk Magisk v21.0