[ROM][Android 11][SURYA] crDroid v7.5 [OFFICIAL][22.04.2021]

Search This thread

Mckol

Nov 29, 2016
Hey I updated to the new build (11.0-20210413-surya-v7.5), and now the phone is stuck at the boot animation.
Is there any chance that I could get assistance with this before/during this weekend or should I just grab all my files via ADB using the recovery and reinstall everything now?

Porcupine1

Dec 14, 2017
I haven't installed 7.5. I'm concerned there might be issues with this build. As my phone works perfectly fine on crDroid 7.4, I'll stick with version for a while longer.
Thanks for info. Simply when i will have more free time i just need to check by myself what is with the lastest crd. I tested few roms and on every was the same problem - phone reboots, but i found temporary solution: turn off call recording before ending the call.

Mckol

Nov 29, 2016
Okay, I solved my issue:

If you, like me, updated from 7.4 to 7.5 and your phone is now stuck at the boot animation, the solution is really simple, and really unexpected.
Install ArrowOS, then gapps/microg and magisk if you use those. It's that simple. All your data will be intact, and you'll have a working phone again. Here's the link to the ROM.

I only tried this because ArrowOS was mentioned in the changelog, and I've had things that make no logical sense fix issues before (for example adding the `-vvv` flag to fastboot is the only way to make it work with this phone on my pc). To my surprise it did actually work. Technology is black magic.

Thanks for your work on this ROM still, until now it's been a smooth experience, hope you can figure out what happened here so that noone else has to deal with this problem in future.

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
Thanks for info. Simply when i will have more free time i just need to check by myself what is with the lastest crd. I tested few roms and on every was the same problem - phone reboots, but i found temporary solution: turn off call recording before ending the call.
This is a known issue that I also had on Resurrection Remix ROM. The bug is:
- While a call is being recorded and the phone is on speaker, end the call. Phone reboots.

This bug can be replicated at any time. So, the workaround is very simple: before ending the call, turn off the hands-free (speaker) mode and only then end the call. Takes a bit of time to get used to it but it works fine.

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
Okay, I solved my issue:

If you, like me, updated from 7.4 to 7.5 and your phone is now stuck at the boot animation, the solution is really simple, and really unexpected.
Install ArrowOS, then gapps/microg and magisk if you use those. It's that simple. All your data will be intact, and you'll have a working phone again.
That's quite a "workaround"! Installing an entirely different ROM. At least, this would save your data.

So, what's the consensus: Does crDroid 7.5 have a bug that prevents it to boot after upgrade or is this a random issue?

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
That's quite a "workaround"! Installing an entirely different ROM. At least, this would save your data.

So, what's the consensus: Does crDroid 7.5 have a bug that prevents it to boot after upgrade or is this a random issue?
in my case, the only way how to boot CrDroid 7.5 was to format data (yes), and is somewhat understandable, since with v 7.5 is CrDroid being rebased to ArrowOS tree...

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
in my case, the only way how to boot CrDroid 7.5 was to format data (yes)...
somebody had success using a different recovery. wonder if he/she had to resort to 'format data (yes)' also.

btw, are you on crD v7.5 now? how is it compared to v7.4? any issues with charging? with v7.4, i have to restart the device to get charging working.

also, all things considered, which is the best recovery for poco x3? karna, to be precise. thanks.

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Redmi Note 10 Pro
btw, are you on crD v7.5 now? how is it compared to v7.4? any issues with charging? with v7.4, i have to restart the device to get charging working.

also, all things considered, which is the best recovery for poco x3? karna, to be precise. thanks.
- sorry, no CrDroid for me these days - or any ROM without working haptic feedback for back gesture - so I had it only a few minutes till i checked gesture settings and switched back to OctaviOS 2.2
- I still prefer OFOX over TWRP, and frankly with the new dev starting to pushing new unofficial builds of OFOX on Telegram with a few unexpected but interesting features implemented I will stick to it (it's for surya, but you can try if you feel adventurous, maybe it will work on karna)

Reactions: m0han

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
...switched back to OctaviOS 2.2
...new dev ...new unofficial builds .... unexpected but interesting features...maybe it will work on karna
is OctaviOS 2.2 with april security patch? and is selinux enforcing? i'm willing to try the new unofficial builds of OFox.
Edit: this is what turned up in a search. is this the latest release? OctaviOS-v1.5-surya-20210111-1902-VANILLA-Official.zip

Last edited:

dam85

• quite a few people have posted about this. would be good if @GtrCraft answered or suggested a workaround.
    In order to have a bootable phone without losing any data, you can follow this:

Let the update finish, then reboot to TWRP recovery again.

wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache, reinstall flame gapps, reinstall magisk, and reboot to system.

The phone should boot fine (it will take some more time for the first boot due to dalvik cache rebuilding).

I follow the above procedure and the phone boots fine after every update.

------------

About latest update:

Bluetooth still has issues. I can't make a redial by double tapping my headset (or car bt).
    In depelover tools, in bluetooth settings, some bt options are greyed out (unavailable). Something tells me that's a firmware issue thing, but I'm not dev to know for sure.
    It would be nice if we can get an answer about it from devs :)

Swipe menu bar to increase/decrease brightness doesn't work on me, even though its enabled (I tried to disable and re-enable it again, without any luck).

Gpay still works after the update.

Charging screen freeze bug seems to be gone.

Last edited:
    Reactions: ocujos

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
    Sydney
    wipe dalvik cache, wipe cache, reinstall flame gapps, reinstall magisk, and reboot to system.

The phone should boot fine (it will take some more time for the first boot due to dalvik cache rebuilding).

I follow the above procedure and the phone boots fine after every update.
    Do you install new or the same gapps (as used in previous update) each time you upgrade with the latest version of crDroid?

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone