• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Android 11][SURYA] crDroid v7.8 [OFFICIAL][28.07.2021]

Search This thread

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
Whenever I plug my charger, screen freezes and I can't perform any touch controls.
If I remove the charger, I have to press power button for screen to lock and then unlock it again and only then I regain touch controls.

so, what's the consensus: is this a bug or an isolated issue?

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
I did the OTA Update via crDroid-Settings-Update then reboot and flash in OrangeFox. I don't use GApps but MicroG - app version, so no more flashing necessary after the ROM update.
I did the same steps (but flashing gapps again.)

Anyway. Is not a big deal so I can live with that.

Btw, I was using microg in my previous device but had to switch to gapps again on this one cause I really needed gpay...

It would be nice for microg to manage to make gpay work without gapps but I'm aware that this is a very difficult task to be solved.

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
Would appreciate confirmation before I flash this rom. I'll be coming from ArrowOS. My firmware version is 1.2.0.7. Are there any issues flashing with this firmware version?
Also, is Magisk 22 OK, or should I flash ie 21.2? Should I update to 22.0 after flashing and getting the phone up and running.
Is this OF ok for this rom - OrangeFox-R11-Unofficial-Beta-surya-10-01.zip
Lastly, can I backup my data folder with OF and then flash it to CrDroid? I understand that this might be a little problematic with ArrowOS, but with this rom?
Sorry for all the questions...Thanks.

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Would appreciate confirmation before I flash this rom. I'll be coming from ArrowOS. My firmware version is 1.2.0.7. Are there any issues flashing with this firmware version?
Also, is Magisk 22 OK, or should I flash ie 21.2? Should I update to 22.0 after flashing and getting the phone up and running.
Is this OF ok for this rom - OrangeFox-R11-Unofficial-Beta-surya-10-01.zip
Lastly, can I backup my data folder with OF and then flash it to CrDroid? I understand that this might be a little problematic with ArrowOS, but with this rom?
Sorry for all the questions...Thanks.
No. 22.0. Yes and No

Reactions: jjcdennis

rubep

Mar 8, 2012
Planet Earth
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Very good ROM. But I have 2 notes:
  • Fingerprint - there are 2 choices in MIUI. You can open the phone either by touch or by press the power button. I prefer to press a button to prevent accidental unlocking of the phone and I can't find this option. Is it my fault or does this option not exist here?
  • Setting -> CrDroid Settings -> Navigation -> Setting of Default Navi Panel -> long/double press of the buttons - Some setting are not working (e.g. search assistent). Is it possible to associate it with some other apps?
Thanks.

Reactions: hosseinito

hosseinito

Jul 14, 2014
Very good ROM. But I have 2 notes:
  • Fingerprint - there are 2 choices in MIUI. You can open the phone either by touch or by press the power button. I prefer to press a button to prevent accidental unlocking of the phone and I can't find this option. Is it my fault or does this option not exist here?
  • Setting -> CrDroid Settings -> Navigation -> Setting of Default Navi Panel -> long/double press of the buttons - Some setting are not working (e.g. search assistent). Is it possible to associate it with some other apps?
Thanks.
first note is exactly what I want in custom roms...

Lollauser

Jan 17, 2011
Moto G
Xiaomi Mi 4C
I just installed the rom, doing this:

- unlocked bootloader
- then starting from last (12.0.8) eea-global (european official xiaomi rom), flashed via mi flash tool after a "system destroyed" problem
- flashed TWRP 3.5.1_10-2, booted back again and verified working and persisting
- flashed crdroid 20210323
- rebooted twrp, (to flash gapps and format data)

but at this last step, before flashing gapps, i don't see anymore the regular folder structure, but this one with random names (the file seems to be still there, by their sizes)

1617197045258.png

What went wrong?
thank you

jjcdennis

Jun 20, 2015
Toronto
i think that "No" was to this part of your question: can I backup my data folder with OF and then flash it to CrDroid? from my readings, no dev would recommend restoring data from another rom.
Thank you. Is there a way to backup my phone so that I can restore it via OF? From what I have read the backup up process in TWRP and OF is not working.
I'm not familiar enough with Android and in particular the data folder and what it is. I'll read up to understand it better.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
Thank you. Is there a way to backup my phone so that I can restore it via OF? From what I have read the backup up process in TWRP and OF is not working.
I'm not familiar enough with Android and in particular the data folder and what it is. I'll read up to understand it better.
my device is 'not encrypted'. i'm on the latest ofox recovery. went out on a limb and dirty-flashed this rom (today's build) over aicp of 14-march (by the same dev). things seem ok, except for settings crashing and a couple of other issues. can't complain. will keep watching.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
is there anyone here who has flashed the latest build of this rom 'clean'? are there any crashes? also, does anyone know of a way to make 'slim recents' possible on this or any other rom that does not have it? some magisk module, maybe.

racuch8

Mar 18, 2014
How to remove callendar widget ? And what is the icon on top right, looking looking like phone?
img_20210401_112336-jpg.5266061

Attachments

• IMG_20210401_112336.jpg
    IMG_20210401_112336.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts