• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Android 11][SURYA] crDroid v7.8 [OFFICIAL][28.07.2021]

Search This thread

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
I run crDroid version which is two revisions behind the current release and Vendor firmware that came with 12.0.8 Stock Global ROM.
I charge my phone daily and even use it for calls while charging (using slow charger). Ive never, ever experienced the screen freeze issue you've described. This could be related to:
1. Old vendor partition e.g. 12.0.7 or older
2. Newer crDroid ROM bug
3. Newer kernel revision

1. Is it safe to flash vendor partition with latest one? Or is it gonna bootloop or something?
2. Maybe its a bug.
3. I don't know.

We ll have to wait for next release to check if it's still there.

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
1. Is it safe to flash vendor partition with latest one? Or is it gonna bootloop or something?
2. Maybe its a bug.
3. I don't know.

We ll have to wait for next release to check if it's still there.
I'm using the latest vendor partition that was came with stock 12.0.8 stock ROM. I haven't flashed vendor partitions separately, outside of ROM installation. However, 12.0.8 works fine with crDroid.

J-Mizzle

Jan 21, 2017
jmizzle.com
I get "user unable to edit APN settings" on every AOSP build that I have tried. I have searched but found nothing. Anybody know how to get around this problem? I need my data to work.

Mckol

Nov 29, 2016
Hey I updated to the new build (11.0-20210413-surya-v7.5), and now the phone is stuck at the boot animation. I tried waiting for good 10 minutes but nothing happened besides the device becoming slightly warm.

I tried to downgrade to the previous build, but it rebooted straight back to recovery, which said:
"Android Rescue Party trigger! [...] The reported problem is: '--reason=enablefilecrypto_failed'"

I also tried enabling core-only mode in Magisk with OrangeFox's manager, but that made no difference.

The recovery I'm using is LUNARIO's OrangeFox v4, it can decrypt and read all the files in /data and internal storage just fine.

I've also tried clearing caches at each step but that didn't help.

I don't know how to do a clean flash with this recovery because it doesn't have a "wipe /system" option.

I hope you can help me, I really don't want to have to wipe everything and set up the phone again from scratch. Thanks in advance.

m0han

Apr 30, 2012
....updated to the new build (11.0-20210413-surya-v7.5), and now the phone is stuck at the boot animation....
had the same experience. i was on twrp v3.5.2_10-0. finally, wiped cache, dalvik-cache and data and flashed build of 31.03 to be able to restore old backup (data) of the same build. nothing else worked; needless to say, lost quite a bit of data. any help? @GtrCraft?

hordarian

Aug 22, 2007
www.rogalian.com
Reactions: m0han

TaimoorBoss

Jan 21, 2015
Karachi
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Using this rom for about a week and i notice couple of things (again these are subjective it might just be me, not complaining just pointing it out)

1.When opening multiple apps, some apps keeps stopping resulting in slow loading times when switching.

2.Sometimes theres noticable stuttering in games like cod and pubg.

3.phone tends to get hotter while playing games, more so than other roms i tried.

4.i can notice some occasional stutters on home screen and google feed and recent

Everything else works great, will report if i find something else ( ◜‿◝ )

Top Liked Posts