[ROM][Android 14.0][SURYA] crDroid v10.2 [OFFICIAL][09-02]

Search This thread

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
I'm currently running this ROM without issues, but I have a doubt about firmwares. Time ago I installed the full vendor/firmware for version 12.0.7 that is global, the file is more than 500 mb in size. but the android R(11) 12.0.7, is an update for the installed firmware, but it is from EU, not global. My question is if it could bring some issues further.
Firmware is aproximately 78mb while vendor is near 500mb.

So, it makes sense the size you mentioned.

Vendor partition contains miui bloatware, so nothing to worry about it.

The most important one is the firmware that contains all the necessary drivers for device's hardware.

I've installed the latest crdroid version today, too.
I didn't face any problems at all.

The bluetooth problem still exists for me though.
I guess it has something to do with android 11 itself, rather than firmware or ROM.
Too bad...

Reactions: caqo71

payas0

this method doesn't work

This method works

I followed the instructions in the OP to the dot and it works. No issues so far.

Battery life is superb by the way. 8 hours SoT? I don't play games on my phone. I use Facebook, Messenger, some Manga readers, YouTube, and reddit.

Coming from the previous version with same usage I was only getting 4 to 5 hours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-092309106.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-092309106.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 89

Avalon

Mar 10, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Firmware is aproximately 78mb while vendor is near 500mb.

So, it makes sense the size you mentioned.

Vendor partition contains miui bloatware, so nothing to worry about it.

The most important one is the firmware that contains all the necessary drivers for device's hardware.

I've installed the latest crdroid version today, too.
I didn't face any problems at all.

The bluetooth problem still exists for me though.
I guess it has something to do with android 11 itself, rather than firmware or ROM.
Too bad...
If you don't mind me asking, when you update to the latest crdroid version you will need to reinstall your apps again due to factory reset?

I'm still a bit puzzled on whether a clean flash means starting from scratch, or simply a clean install while you get to keep the appdata.

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
If you don't mind me asking, when you update to the latest crdroid version you will need to reinstall your apps again due to factory reset?

I'm still a bit puzzled on whether a clean flash means starting from scratch, or simply a clean install while you get to keep the appdata.
Yes. You 'll have to wipe clean everything (including your data + internal storage).

I applied dm-verity disabler plugin so now I have unencrypted internal storage.

That's a good thing to do if you want to change roms without having to wipe internal storage (keep in mind that this imposes a threat in case you lose your phone, if the thief have some basic knowledge, he can gain access to your data...).

Reactions: ocujos and Avalon

Avalon

Mar 10, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Yes. You 'll have to wipe clean everything (including your data + internal storage).

That's a good thing to do if you want to change roms without having to wipe internal storage (keep in mind that this imposes a threat in case you lose your phone, if the thief have some basic knowledge, he can gain access to your data...).
Appreciate the time you took to answer my question. I'll make sure to make some backups then before flashing to make the transition a breeze. I'll probably stick to Crdroid for the foreseeable future but it's good to know what the Dm-verity disabler does.

Reactions: dam85

pabloeldiablo

Jun 2, 2019
Zwoleń
Flashed this rom last night, it wasn't pain free experience took me 3 hours to complete, I've had most of the problems described in this thread, but I think it was worth it. Very good screen on time on day zero. If only notification Led was brighter :)

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Google Pixel 6

Is there a way to backup and then restore data so there is no loss of app data during update?
I'm on encrypted crDroid 7.4 at the moment.

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
Is there a way to backup and then restore data so there is no loss of app data during update?
As TWRP feature list for POCO X3 suggests:

Not working:
- Fastbootd
- Adb sideload
- Backup restore and image flash (system-vendor-product)
- Android 11 fully support
- Touch works

So I guess there isn't a way.
What you can do though, is take app data backups through titanium backup.

dam85

Nov 24, 2015
Greece
Xiaomi Redmi 5
Lenovo Vibe P1m
As TWRP feature list for POCO X3 suggests:

Not working:
- Fastbootd
- Adb sideload
- Backup restore and image flash (system-vendor-product)
- Android 11 fully support
- Touch works

So I guess there isn't a way.
What you can do though, is take app data backups through titanium backup.
Although, in the parenthesis it doesn't mention about data partition, so maybe you can take backup afterall. Haven't try it yet, though.

veloz46

Sep 2, 2011
Android World
Yes, to restore the backup you must first flash the rom with which you made the backup.
Often you have to boot with that rom.
Once started, restart in recovery, now restore the copy of Data.

Ready.

Reactions: ocujos

ocujos

Feb 21, 2010
Sydney
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Google Pixel 6
Yes, to restore the backup you must first flash the rom with which you made the backup.
Often you have to boot with that rom.
Once started, restart in recovery, now restore the copy of Data.

Ready.
Thank you. Would this work?
1. Backup data partition on crDroid 7.4
2. Wipe everything and install crDroid 7.5
3. Restore backup of data partition

Porcupine1

Dec 14, 2017
@GtrCraft 2 question about future features - swipe to clear all apps and when you press reading toggle at this moment you go to display settings, but maybe instead after press will be better have live display settings immediately. Thanks so much for everything.

Last edited:

Avalon

Mar 10, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Did a clean install and CrDroid runs smoothly.

Two things I've noticed:

1. Tapping the "App info" button from any app in the recents menu causes CrDroid home to crash. @GtrCraft I've fetched a crash log of this exact issue with Scoop which could be helpful. The issue is also very easy to replicate. https://del.dog/grewivisti and https://del.dog/pockullyre

2. I also noticed the charging numbers on the lock screen jump forth and back from e.g (14 minutes till full) to (1 hour and 4 minutes till full). Not sure if this could indicate a charging issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: payas0

Top Liked Posts