• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][Android 11][SWEET/SWEETIN] crDroid v7.11 [OFFICIAL][OSS][15.10.2021]

Search This thread

StarShoot97

Sep 25, 2013
Would have been great to include the information for a mandatory clean install in the changelog!!!
I used the automatic updater to update the rom, just to realize afterwards that I'm stuck in a bootloop. Great way to end the evening, now I can pull an all-nighter to get to a decent working state with my data by the morning with no backup in the last several days..

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
Thank you very much for the suggestion, mate. I will do the clean flash, but to reinstall all apps from scratch is so painful :)
Anyhow, thanks for developing the best ROM for sweet.
You can backup "data" before doing clean flash and restore it after flashing of rom in twrp. Copy all files in the storage to PC and moving them back to storage after flashing (before restoring). I keep all my applications that way without reinstalling.

onsenman

Oct 9, 2020
You can backup "data" before doing clean flash and restore it after flashing of rom in twrp. Copy all files in the storage to PC and moving them back to storage after flashing (before restoring). I keep all my applications that way without reinstalling.
Hey jngiag, thanks for the kind advice. It's so helpful, man. I will try next time :) Until now, I have thought I can save apps by saving /data, but cannot save these configuration.

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
But this method is like a dirty flash, isn't it?
Then there're no advantages

jngiag

Jul 19, 2009
But this method is like a dirty flash, isn't it?
Then there're no advantages
I think so. But in our case here, dirty flash doesn't work (boot loop). Clean flash to me means formating of data is needed. The difference is I transfer a copy of "storage data + backup data" to PC and move it back
after the storage is readable again.

i.snehal.kiran

Aug 3, 2014
As i can see on github, the device code for several xiaomi devices got source code unified for crdroid. Even our device has new device tree . So
courbet ,davinci, mojito, phoenix, sweet, surya, toco, tucana
devices now build simultaneously. That is why this update has OSS vendor and need clean flash. I cant decrypt my old crdroid version on TWRP (i dont know why??? but device shows zero storage). So i sideload

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210912-sweet-v7.9.zip &

open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20210915.zip
from TWRP. (of course after format data and wipe) Now it boots fine. Appears faster and more stablish.

As i know from years of custom rom flashing( back from galaxy grand i9082 days) always back up before updating.
If everything goes well then you can always delete that backup after some time. But if it goes wrong then you have data back up for clean flash.
Thank you @lavishkumar @neobuddy89 & other contributors for such a wonderful rom.

Last edited:

kadimatr

Jan 7, 2019
İstanbul
Redmi Note 10 Pro
1FPMHHH.png
Code:
*** Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Copy crDroid zip to your device
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash ROM
  • Flash magisk (optional)
  • Format Data
  • Reboot and Enjoy

Update installation:

• flash it via custom recovery
  • clean dalvik & cache (optional)
  • Reboot

Notes:
- Flame Gapps recommended
- Old users should clean flash

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel

Download:
ROM (Vanilla) and Gapps (Optional): https://crdroid.net/sweet

Changelogs:
===== 12-Sep, 2021 =====
- Initial OSS Build
- Configured memory (lmkd) parameters
- Tweaked color profile a bit
- Updated several blobs from CAF latest tag

Known issues:
- If found any tell me

By:
@neobuddy89 and me

Support:

Telegram

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
crDroid Updates Channel
Donate to help our team pay server costs

Screenshots:-
Hi, please add press to unlock for fingerprint.

Spillunke

Dec 2, 2014
Berlin
Redmi Note 10 Pro
@christophebeuvry

After 7.9 comes 7.10.
Gapps-version:

maybe it was "removed"/not created or its delayed

kmc999

Sep 17, 2019
Hi, very nice ROM.
However, there are some problems in my environment.
Ok google could not be used with Google Assistant
"This feature is currently unavailable" is displayed in the Voice Match settings.
Is there a setting somewhere?
Or is it a bug in crDroid itself or Gapps?
I am using the following
TWRP-3.5.2-sweet-Nebrassy.img
crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210916-sweet-v7.10.zip
FlameGApps-11.0-full-arm64-20210912.zip

ramc_92

Oct 19, 2019
is anybody experiencing problems with bluetooth in the latest build (7.10) ?
It shows "previously connected devices" but the pairing doesn't stick..? Also i connected to my PC and it automatically disconnects. Its erratic..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried various roms and just installed CrDroid. Initial impressions are very positive. I've had no major issues so far, and all of the apps I use seem to be working ok.

There are a few small issues I'm hoping can be fixed, though. First, there seems to be a slight delay in registering audio. For example, I use touch sounds and often times the initial tap doesn't make a sound, but the following taps do. Or when I bring up the keyboard and start typing, the first tap or so doesn't make a sound. It is annoying enough that I have disabled touch sounds, but the keyboard is bearable.

Second, I can't get hey google / assistant to work. I have installed google assistant and the google app, and I have firegapps basic installed. I also have Google assistant set to the default assistant app. In the voice section of the google settings, the toggle to enable hey google is grayed out and it says it's currently unavailable on this device. I had the same issue with AOSPExtended.

Finally, this isn't a big deal since I can use a different messaging app. But I can't enable popup notifications with the default messaging app... it's grayed out. This is the least of my worries, but just thought I'd mention it. I haven't seen this before.

Other than that, no issues so far. This rom is smooth, battery life seems good, and I love how ANX Camera is included. Thanks to @lavishkumar and @neobuddy89 for this rom.

Edit: night mode in the camera app also doesn't seem to work. It takes a shot but doesn't actually save anything.
    Excellent Rom with anx and smooth 60fps video recording!!
    but camera does not work some times
    Tried clean install/flash?
    I reinstalled the stock rom problem solved
    Dual App ( Whatsapp etc) Avaiable?
    Tried various roms and just installed CrDroid. Initial impressions are very positive. I've had no major issues so far, and all of the apps I use seem to be working ok.

There are a few small issues I'm hoping can be fixed, though. First, there seems to be a slight delay in registering audio. For example, I use touch sounds and often times the initial tap doesn't make a sound, but the following taps do. Or when I bring up the keyboard and start typing, the first tap or so doesn't make a sound. It is annoying enough that I have disabled touch sounds, but the keyboard is bearable.

Second, I can't get hey google / assistant to work. I have installed google assistant and the google app, and I have firegapps basic installed. I also have Google assistant set to the default assistant app. In the voice section of the google settings, the toggle to enable hey google is grayed out and it says it's currently unavailable on this device. I had the same issue with AOSPExtended.

Finally, this isn't a big deal since I can use a different messaging app. But I can't enable popup notifications with the default messaging app... it's grayed out. This is the least of my worries, but just thought I'd mention it. I haven't seen this before.

Other than that, no issues so far. This rom is smooth, battery life seems good, and I love how ANX Camera is included. Thanks to @lavishkumar and @neobuddy89 for this rom.

Edit: night mode in the camera app also doesn't seem to work. It takes a shot but doesn't actually save anything.
    For hey google / assistant, you need to flash addon (flash flamegapps assistant addon if using flamegapps). Google app should be systemized to make ok google work.
    1FPMHHH.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Boot into Recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash magisk (optional)
    • Format Data
    • Reboot and Enjoy

Update installation:

• flash it via custom recovery
    • clean dalvik & cache (optional)
    • Reboot

Notes:
    - Flame Gapps recommended (For Vanilla)
    - Do not flash Vanilla on gapps build and vice versa

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel

Download:
    ROM (Vanilla) : Download here
    ROM (GAPPS): Not Available

Changelogs:
    ===== 15-October, 2021 =====
    - Android October 2021 Security update
    - Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.250
    - Merged latest CAF tag for kernel
    - Added toggle to disable swipe on ambient display
    - Misc update and fixes

Known issues:
    - If found any tell me

By:
    @neobuddy89 and me

Support:

Telegram

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Screenshots:-
    was already thrown in this morning - still without vanilla version.

Update including hotspot/tethering fix, what whatsn't work.
    I still need to do some fixes, will release both vanilla and gapps version once all the issues will get fixed
    anyone encountring 1080p video lagg? like playback is only 15fps. or only me? :LOL::LOL:
    update and enjoy 4k 60fps hdr xD
    That was fast! Will try it over the weekend.

Edit: Oh damn! Just saw Gapps are included o_O🤦‍♂️ Whyyyyyyyyy
    I was using crDroid on many devices and it never had gapps included. Better remove it and let us do it manually (if we want to).
    Thanks for the update but many users use MicroG so can you upload a vanilla version please ?