• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][Android 11][SWEET/SWEETIN] crDroid v7.11 [OFFICIAL][OSS][15.10.2021]

Search This thread

Wdkubn

Dec 26, 2016
Help help help....guys I was on PE rom, and I flashed crDroid using twrp, it was working perfectly fine. when I flashed gapps I got stuck in a bootloop now twrp is saying no OS installed after trying to reflashing crdroid.

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
Tried various roms and just installed CrDroid. Initial impressions are very positive. I've had no major issues so far, and all of the apps I use seem to be working ok.

There are a few small issues I'm hoping can be fixed, though. First, there seems to be a slight delay in registering audio. For example, I use touch sounds and often times the initial tap doesn't make a sound, but the following taps do. Or when I bring up the keyboard and start typing, the first tap or so doesn't make a sound. It is annoying enough that I have disabled touch sounds, but the keyboard is bearable.

Second, I can't get hey google / assistant to work. I have installed google assistant and the google app, and I have firegapps basic installed. I also have Google assistant set to the default assistant app. In the voice section of the google settings, the toggle to enable hey google is grayed out and it says it's currently unavailable on this device. I had the same issue with AOSPExtended.

Finally, this isn't a big deal since I can use a different messaging app. But I can't enable popup notifications with the default messaging app... it's grayed out. This is the least of my worries, but just thought I'd mention it. I haven't seen this before.

Other than that, no issues so far. This rom is smooth, battery life seems good, and I love how ANX Camera is included. Thanks to @lavishkumar and @neobuddy89 for this rom.

Edit: night mode in the camera app also doesn't seem to work. It takes a shot but doesn't actually save anything.

Last edited:

lavishkumar

Feb 26, 2019
Bareilly
Tried various roms and just installed CrDroid. Initial impressions are very positive. I've had no major issues so far, and all of the apps I use seem to be working ok.

There are a few small issues I'm hoping can be fixed, though. First, there seems to be a slight delay in registering audio. For example, I use touch sounds and often times the initial tap doesn't make a sound, but the following taps do. Or when I bring up the keyboard and start typing, the first tap or so doesn't make a sound. It is annoying enough that I have disabled touch sounds, but the keyboard is bearable.

Second, I can't get hey google / assistant to work. I have installed google assistant and the google app, and I have firegapps basic installed. I also have Google assistant set to the default assistant app. In the voice section of the google settings, the toggle to enable hey google is grayed out and it says it's currently unavailable on this device. I had the same issue with AOSPExtended.

Finally, this isn't a big deal since I can use a different messaging app. But I can't enable popup notifications with the default messaging app... it's grayed out. This is the least of my worries, but just thought I'd mention it. I haven't seen this before.

Other than that, no issues so far. This rom is smooth, battery life seems good, and I love how ANX Camera is included. Thanks to @lavishkumar and @neobuddy89 for this rom.

Edit: night mode in the camera app also doesn't seem to work. It takes a shot but doesn't actually save anything.
For hey google / assistant, you need to flash addon (flash flamegapps assistant addon if using flamegapps). Google app should be systemized to make ok google work.

Reactions: djskribbles

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
For hey google / assistant, you need to flash addon (flash flamegapps assistant addon if using flamegapps). Google app should be systemized to make ok google work.
I installed your GAPPS version and google assistant works. I didn't know there was a GAPPS version before. Also dark mode in ANX Camera works on the new build.

I still have issues with the delayed audio response though. Like if you're using your phone and there's no audio, once you start playing something with audio there's a short delay before it starts playing. In normal use this isn't an issue, but if you use touch sounds it can be kind of annoying as the first few touches don't make a sound.

Also I discovered a new issue. I don't know if it's caused by the new build because I haven't tested this in the older build. But, during snapchat voice/video calls, the person I was speaking with told me that I was breaking up pretty bad when I turned the screen off...like I sounded really distorted and staticky. This was repeatable so it wasn't a one off issue. This issue is unfortunately a deal breaker for me as I use snapchat for voice calls with my niece quite often.

Can you please look into this Snapchat issue @lavishkumar

Last edited:

lukas030581

Oct 1, 2015
Hello folks. I am happy to share my experiences with this ROM.

A few days ago I ve tried this ROM from 09/30. and had problems with a few things. Notifications did not work properly. Calls were only displayed silently. I was able to completely eliminate my problems with a clean flash Miui 12.5.4 via fastboot.

This ROM is the best I have tested so far. Great battery life, only 1% overnight. ANX Camera, very fast and fluid, pure Android.

Summary:
1. First install via fastboot Miui 12.5.4 (EU version) or 12.5.8 (Global).
2. Boot to recovery
3. Wipe -dalvik,metadata,data,cache
4. Install crDroid (with or without gapps) via twrp
5. format data
6. reboot system, it takes max. 5 Minutes

Important:
Please do not deactivate or replace the following apps. (Phone, Contacts, SMS). Many users, including me, are replacing this apps with the Google apps (phone, contacts and message). But this can lead to the same problems as me.

I hope my feedback helps one or the other.

I am very happy with this ROM. Simply great, finally a ROM where everything works. I haven't noticed any mistakes so far.

greeting

djskribbles

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah I think overall this is the best rom I've tried. The only problem I have with it is my snapchat calls are staticky when I shut my screen off. I also have this issue with ArrowOS.

farhanshaikh671

Sep 10, 2015
Bangalore
a couple of things I observed
note: I'm not using magisk/rooted, if that's necessary.
1) audio channels (left and right) do not switch on rotating device by 180° in landscape mode (like they did on stock rom). That is, left and right channels remain fixed to earpiece and bottom sides respectively no matter the orientation.

2) maybe this is a one time glitch but trying to charge using stock 30w charger led to constant connection and disconnection as if the charger were switched on and off. Connected old samsung charger and switched back to 30w one and everything was fine. Might be worth looking into.

Other than these the rom is excellent. Banking apps work as well.

iTAZUETA

Aug 3, 2012
Paris
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Bonjour est il possible d'ajouter des thèmes xiaomi.

et peut on mètre l'always on display s'il vous plait
Je pas sûre avec le thèmes xiaomi. Pour le l'always on display alles aux paramètres - affichage - écran de verrouillage. Ensuite, activez toujours afficher l'heure et les informations.

English translation.
For the xiaomi themes I'm not sure. But for the always on display go to settings - display-lockscreen and check the setting for always show time and info

ManuD_Linux

Apr 11, 2006
Near Nancy, France
Hello,

I take this opportunity to congratulate the developers: definitely, this ROM is really magnificent (reliable, fast, economical in battery ...).

I just found a very small issue: when I listen to music (for example with Spotify) in BlueTooth, the recipient (my car radio for example) receives the information concerning the track (title and artist). That's fine. However, when I go to the next song, the phone doesn't send the title/artist update (the device continue to show the 1st track info). This bug didn't exist this summer (I believe that the issue appeared during August with version 7.7 or 7.8 I do not remember very well).

Nothing serious of course, but if you have 5 minutes on occasion to watch. Thank you ++

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

deep sleep don't work...
    Tried clean install/flash?
    I reinstalled the stock rom problem solved
    Dual App ( Whatsapp etc) Avaiable?
    ===== 15-October, 2021 =====
    - Android October 2021 Security update
    - Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.250
    - Merged latest CAF tag for kernel
    - Added toggle to disable swipe on ambient display
    - Misc update and fixes

:)
    1FPMHHH.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Copy crDroid zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash magisk (optional)
    • Format Data
    • Reboot and Enjoy

Update installation:

• Copy crDroid zip to your device
    • flash it via custom recovery
    • clean dalvik & cache (optional)
    • Reboot

Notes:
    - Flame Gapps recommended (For Vanilla)
    - Do not flash Vanilla on gapps build and vice versa

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel

Download:
    ROM (Vanilla) : Download here
    ROM (GAPPS): Not Available

Changelogs:
    ===== 15-October, 2021 =====
    - Android October 2021 Security update
    - Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.250
    - Merged latest CAF tag for kernel
    - Added toggle to disable swipe on ambient display
    - Misc update and fixes

Known issues:
    - If found any tell me

By:
    @neobuddy89 and me

Support:

Telegram

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Screenshots:-
    was already thrown in this morning - still without vanilla version.

Update including hotspot/tethering fix, what whatsn't work.
    I still need to do some fixes, will release both vanilla and gapps version once all the issues will get fixed
    anyone encountring 1080p video lagg? like playback is only 15fps. or only me? :LOL::LOL:
    update and enjoy 4k 60fps hdr xD
    That was fast! Will try it over the weekend.

Edit: Oh damn! Just saw Gapps are included o_O🤦‍♂️ Whyyyyyyyyy
    I was using crDroid on many devices and it never had gapps included. Better remove it and let us do it manually (if we want to).
    Thanks for the update but many users use MicroG so can you upload a vanilla version please ?