• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][Android 11][SWEET/SWEETIN] crDroid v7.13 [OFFICIAL][OSS][25.12.2021]

Search This thread

kachrukamble

Oct 21, 2010
Cloud
Everything seems smooth except crDroid Home app crashes when I tried to change icon Pack. any solution?
I flashed the rom as per OP instruction..

farahnur42

Nov 5, 2021
Hi, I installed crDroid 7.12 a couple days ago (migrated over from ArrowOS 12 with a clean flash because the battery life was really, really bad, especially in idle and I don't like most of the changes done in Android 12) and while I like pretty much all the goodies that are included and just not being on Android 12, the standby battery drain is still unacceptably high (AccuBattery Pro says ~2%/h so 20% in 10h idle). My phone is seemingly never going into deep sleep for more than maybe a couple minutes (1% deep sleep reported in About Phone), even with Naptime and aggressive Doze in Naptime enabled (or at least not being reported as such and the battery drain is still bad).

Does anyone here have any idea on how to improve this behaviour, before I start breaking Google Play services and such?

hamidoo

Apr 26, 2011
Cairo
Hi, I installed crDroid 7.12 a couple days ago (migrated over from ArrowOS 12 with a clean flash because the battery life was really, really bad, especially in idle and I don't like most of the changes done in Android 12) and while I like pretty much all the goodies that are included and just not being on Android 12, the standby battery drain is still unacceptably high (AccuBattery Pro says ~2%/h so 20% in 10h idle). My phone is seemingly never going into deep sleep for more than maybe a couple minutes (1% deep sleep reported in About Phone), even with Naptime and aggressive Doze in Naptime enabled (or at least not being reported as such and the battery drain is still bad).

Does anyone here have any idea on how to improve this behaviour, before I start breaking Google Play services and such?
Do you have AOD (Always On Display) enabled? if so, disable it.

I'm getting 75%-90% deep sleep in Accubattery when it is disabled.

farahnur42

Nov 5, 2021
Do you have AOD (Always On Display) enabled? if so, disable it.

I'm getting 75%-90% deep sleep in Accubattery when it is disabled.
No I don't, that's one of the first things I made sure to check if it was enabled and it wasn't. I also don't have many apps with battery optimisation disabled, namely just Vanced MicroG so I'm not sure what else I can disable.

Update a few hours later: nothing changed even after enabling battery optimisation for Vanced MicroG a few hours ago, so yeah I'm entirely stumped. This wasn't an issue on ArrowOS 11, but it was on ArrowOS 12 and now crDroid 7.12 for me. The only other thing I can think of is out of date firmware, except I did flash a firmware update a few days ago (maybe I didn't need to do that but I did just to check).

Last edited:

hamidoo

Apr 26, 2011
Cairo
No I don't, that's one of the first things I made sure to check if it was enabled and it wasn't. I also don't have many apps with battery optimisation disabled, namely just Vanced MicroG so I'm not sure what else I can disable.

Update a few hours later: nothing changed even after enabling battery optimisation for Vanced MicroG a few hours ago, so yeah I'm entirely stumped. This wasn't an issue on ArrowOS 11, but it was on ArrowOS 12 and now crDroid 7.12 for me. The only other thing I can think of is out of date firmware, except I did flash a firmware update a few days ago (maybe I didn't need to do that but I did just to check).
You dont need to flash the firmware, it is already included in crDroid.
Do you have root/magisk installed?

farahnur42

Nov 5, 2021
Humm not sure which module might be causing this, so probably disable all modules, and enable one-by-one and check.
I have nothing that should affect battery life, because the only three modules I have enabled are the Magisk built-in systemless hosts module, and Font Manager and Webview Manager by Androidacy. I'll give it a go ofc but I don't think it'll change anything. I think I'll just have to hope that crDroid updates fixes this issue like it did for other people before in this thread (+ maybe some of the difference is with something borked specifically for sweetin and not regular the global Redmi Note 10 Pro)

hamidoo

Apr 26, 2011
Cairo
I have nothing that should affect battery life, because the only three modules I have enabled are the Magisk built-in systemless hosts module, and Font Manager and Webview Manager by Androidacy. I'll give it a go ofc but I don't think it'll change anything. I think I'll just have to hope that crDroid updates fixes this issue like it did for other people before in this thread (+ maybe some of the difference is with something borked specifically for sweetin and not regular the global Redmi Note 10 Pro)
Also if possible, try restoring the original kernel (boot.img) without Magisk and check.

NIGH7MARE

Jun 11, 2012
Summer City
thallestdk.wix.com

Hey there. I had this problem too and one solution worked for me: disable 'prevent acidental wake-up'. See if you find an option inside the rom (i was using another rom, not crdroid) related to this (here it was inside 'Display')

Hope it solves your problem. After disabling this my phone was deep sleeping again ;)

hamidoo

Apr 26, 2011
Cairo
Hey there. I had this problem too and one solution worked for me: disable 'prevent acidental wake-up'. See if you find an option inside the rom (i was using another rom, not crdroid) related to this (here it was inside 'Display')

Hope it solves your problem. After disabling this my phone was deep sleeping again ;)
Thanks for sharing this!
In crDroid, this is in crDroid Settings -> MISCELLANEOUS ->Pocket detection

Last edited:

farahnur42

Nov 5, 2021
Thanks for sharing this!
In crDroid, this is in crDroid Settings -> MISCELLANEOUS ->Pocket detection

Thanks for both of your replies, it seems to have worked for me as well. I didn't expect that that feature would break deep sleep but in hindsight it makes sense that it does keep the CPU awake, and I don't really need it anyways.

I have a question guys, i haven't used custom roms in couple of years on my main phone, what i wanna know is how safe is using custom rom if your using a lot of finance and trading apps. I don't need root, just clean stock rom. Years ago i didn't have to worry about that but now security is #1 priority, however clean roms are tempting. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - Android 11

23rd January, 2022

Build type: Monthly / Stable
    Device: Redmi Note 10 Pro
    Device maintainer: Pranav Vashi (neobuddy89)

Short changelog:
    * Android January 2022 Security update
    * Added toggle to disable VPN and Data saver icons in status bar
    * Added and updated OOS icon theming (Styles and wallpapers)
    * Added custom signal and wifi icons - works with no other icons applied (crdroid > UI)
    * Added toggle to enable flashlight blink on call
    * Added landscape battery style
    * Added customization to set battery text position
    * Updated charging sounds
    * Various under the hood optimizations
    * Updated blobs from V12.5.7.0.RKFEUXM
    * Removed PM QoS and IRQ optimizations (fix drain for some users)

Download:

Join us on TG:

Note:
    Use FlameGapps Basic + FlameGapps GoogleSearchAssistant addon
    Many fixes above are based on kernel we use, do not change kernel

Cheers!
    Does somebody tried 7.13 from january?
    Im afraid of a flickering screen :/
    is the same on 7.12... nothing changed

- screen flick in AOD if pocket detection disabled..
    - if pocket is enabled deep sleep is zero...
    - some apps cant use TTS by google (example tom tom amigo)
    1FPMHHH.png
    Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:

• Copy crDroid zip to your device
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash magisk (optional)
    • Format Data
    • Reboot and Enjoy

Update installation:

• Copy crDroid zip to your device
    • flash it via custom recovery
    • clean dalvik & cache (optional)
    • Reboot

Notes:
    - Flame Gapps recommended (For Vanilla)
    - Do not flash Vanilla on gapps build and vice versa

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel

Download:
    ROM (Vanilla) : Download here

Changelogs:
    ===== 25-December, 2021 =====
    * Added toggle to disable QS panel footer alerts (like VPN alert)
    * Update brightness overlays
    * Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.259
    * Few performance tweaks for kernel

Known issues:
    - If found any tell me

By:
    @neobuddy89

Support:

Telegram

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Screenshots:-
    Update

===== 14-November, 2021 =====
    - Android November 2021 Security update
    - Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.255
    - Fixed Dual camera mod in MIUI Cam
    - Misc update and fixes

Download:

Join us on TG:
    Update - Android 11

23rd January, 2022

Build type: Monthly / Stable
    Device: Redmi Note 10 Pro
    Device maintainer: Pranav Vashi (neobuddy89)

Short changelog:
    * Android January 2022 Security update
    * Added toggle to disable VPN and Data saver icons in status bar
    * Added and updated OOS icon theming (Styles and wallpapers)
    * Added custom signal and wifi icons - works with no other icons applied (crdroid > UI)
    * Added toggle to enable flashlight blink on call
    * Added landscape battery style
    * Added customization to set battery text position
    * Updated charging sounds
    * Various under the hood optimizations
    * Updated blobs from V12.5.7.0.RKFEUXM
    * Removed PM QoS and IRQ optimizations (fix drain for some users)

Download:

Join us on TG:

Note:
    Use FlameGapps Basic + FlameGapps GoogleSearchAssistant addon
    Many fixes above are based on kernel we use, do not change kernel

Cheers!
    was already thrown in this morning - still without vanilla version.

Update including hotspot/tethering fix, what whatsn't work.
    I still need to do some fixes, will release both vanilla and gapps version once all the issues will get fixed
    Ye, but in yesterday's update drop - first version 7.8 wasnt working :p just like few other things :D
    No need to poke fun or be sarcastic mate, if you feel you're more capable, I do not think the dev would refuse help or assistance. If not, I think we must appreciate all the time and effort the dev puts into making the ROM as good as possible, without being all caustic about it. Just two cents of advise, you're welcome to not take it.