[ROM][ANDROID 11] XTENDED XR-v5.0 [ 06 Feb 2021 ]

myishika

Jan 17, 2011
Hi, I'm getting the same as you (partition not found for system_a, odm_a_a, product_a_a, vendor_a), thanks for the info. I can't send fastboot/adb commands when on that screen with the 2 chinese lines and "english". Only in the main bootloader screen... Why is this??
Thank you. But this didn't work. Every effort made resulted in System partition and some other partitions not found.
I also unbricked the phone using MSMtool and then tried it again but ended up same error.
Any other guidance will be appreciated.

doggie13_

May 25, 2014
Kraków
Thank you. But this didn't work. Every effort made resulted in System partition and some other partitions not found.
I also unbricked the phone using MSMtool and then tried it again but ended up same error.
Any other guidance will be appreciated.
Ensure that you have the latest adb and fastboot drivers. It is very important because fastbootd is not supported on old versions. Power off your phone, hold power, vol+ and vol-, you will end up on the bootloader screen. From then type in your console:
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
Your phone should reboot and show screen which looks like stock recovery. Then proceed with the instructions.

ItsKayZee102

Jan 15, 2021
I can't get this rom to work could someone help me out?
I keep getting error Invalid sparse file format at header magi after trying this command fastboot flash system_a system.img

myishika

Jan 17, 2011
Ensure that you have the latest adb and fastboot drivers. It is very important because fastbootd is not supported on old versions. Power off your phone, hold power, vol+ and vol-, you will end up on the bootloader screen. From then type in your console:
Code:
fastboot reboot fastboot
Your phone should reboot and show screen which looks like stock recovery. Then proceed with the instructions.
Thank you for prompt reply.
I downloaded adb and fastboot from Google website in the morning today.

I did adb reboot fadstboot and then fastboot reboot fadtboot. It lead me to a scteen with 2 Chinese and one English option. I also installed drivers at this stage as suggested in one of previous post vit it didn't help. After choosing English and then Advanced and then reboot to Fastboot, it took me to fastboot option. I then tried the ayatem.img command where I got partition not dound error.
Thank you

doggie13_

May 25, 2014
Kraków
Thank you for prompt reply.
I downloaded adb and fastboot from Google website in the morning today.

I did adb reboot fadstboot and then fastboot reboot fadtboot. It lead me to a scteen with 2 Chinese and one English option. I also installed drivers at this stage as suggested in one of previous post vit it didn't help. After choosing English and then Advanced and then reboot to Fastboot, it took me to fastboot option. I then tried the ayatem.img command where I got partition not dound error.
Thank you
The screen with 2 Chinese options and an English one looks like a thing called recovery mode but in fact it is fastbootd. Follow the steps once again and when this screen shows up do not click anything on your phone. Instead, type the comments listed in the installation guide on your PC.

ItsKayZee102

Jan 15, 2021
Ok, I got it all work already everything seems fine but I can't access wide camera but I'm working on it, more concerning part is I rooted my phone and safetynet isn't passing any suggestions?

myishika

Jan 17, 2011
The screen with 2 Chinese options and an English one looks like a thing called recovery mode but in fact it is fastbootd. Follow the steps once again and when this screen shows up do not click anything on your phone. Instead, type the comments listed in the installation guide on your PC.
Thanks a lot.
I finally managed to install the new ROM. What is important is to type the commands while on the Chinese/English screen. I was going past that screen to enter into fastboot which was wrong.
Thanks for guiding me again.

I have some quick question to help me use it better.
- Is it possible to change the fingerprint icon to stock ?
- I donot receive GooglePay initial SMS for configuring the app. It worked for me in the stock ROM but not in this one. I am not even rooted yet. Any guidance ?
- Is it possible to get the stock Camera ? The menus in the default one looks way different then stock.
- Can we change the statubar button background to standard white ? Its a bit difficult to see whether the button is turned on or off.

Thank you for your effort and this ROM. Its snappier and I've started to enjoy it.
BR

mukesh22584

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
Ok, I got it all work already everything seems fine but I can't access wide camera but I'm working on it, more concerning part is I rooted my phone and safetynet isn't passing any suggestions?
To pass safetynet you need to enable magisk hide.
Thanks a lot.
I finally managed to install the new ROM. What is important is to type the commands while on the Chinese/English screen. I was going past that screen to enter into fastboot which was wrong.
Thanks for guiding me again.

I have some quick question to help me use it better.
- Is it possible to change the fingerprint icon to stock ?
- I donot receive GooglePay initial SMS for configuring the app. It worked for me in the stock ROM but not in this one. I am not even rooted yet. Any guidance ?
- Is it possible to get the stock Camera ? The menus in the default one looks way different then stock.
- Can we change the statubar button background to standard white ? Its a bit difficult to see whether the button is turned on or off.

Thank you for your effort and this ROM. Its snappier and I've started to enjoy it.
BR
- There is various fingerprint icon, choose what you like.
- Flash magisk and enable magisk hide, Wipe GooglePay app data, reboot and all will be fine.
- It's snap cam not stock oneplus cam, Oneplus camera isn't fully functional in custom ROM.
- Can't understand which button you're talking about.

myishika

Jan 17, 2011
To pass safetynet you need to enable magisk hide.

- There is various fingerprint icon, choose what you like.
- Flash magisk and enable magisk hide, Wipe GooglePay app data, reboot and all will be fine.
- It's snap cam not stock oneplus cam, Oneplus camera isn't fully functional in custom ROM.
- Can't understand which button you're talking about.
Thanks a lot for prompt reply. All the above queries and issues are taken care.

I only have 2 qualm with this nice ROM.

- The fingerprint doesn't work most of the time. I have default fingerprint icon and following settings but it doesn't work. Settings are attched in screenshot. Kindly guide me.
- The auto brightness doesn't stay with my preferential settings. Its either too low or goes high. Any way to fix it?

Thank you again for your help.
BR

Attachments

FruitSidewalk59

Jan 22, 2017
boston
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/access-to-tele-and-macro-cams-from-other-camera-apps.4114275/

Flashing this magisk module worked perfectly, didn't have to edit the build prop or any files, just flash the file in magisk and it works great
Add this to magisk and the gcam will work with all the lenses

Reactions: Raje dhakal

thohac

Dec 3, 2014
It seems this ROM uses Bromite System webview however it is not updatable via F-droid, manually or through Magisk Webview Switcher. How do I go about updating webview.

myishika

Jan 17, 2011
I am not able to usr fingerprint at all.. it doesn't recognize my registered fingerprints. Several post in this thread says to change fod pressed state to cyan. Is this option still available? Can anyone guide?

Also, when I receive calls, my screen does3wake up. Any suggestions?

jujjk

Dec 26, 2010
I am not able to usr fingerprint at all.. it doesn't recognize my registered fingerprints. Several post in this thread says to change fod pressed state to cyan. Is this option still available? Can anyone guide?

Also, when I receive calls, my screen does3wake up. Any suggestions?
I'm having the same problems where my screen doesn't wake up for received calls or any notifications. Most of the notifications don't even work.

Last edited:

iTryH

Nov 15, 2020
Thank you very much for continuing to develop and evolve this rom. For me hands down the most enjoyable rom on my 7t. Only thing I'd point out is the auto-brightness it seems better than last build but still doesn't feel as adaptive as stock.