[ROM][ANDROID 11] XTENDED XR-v5.0 [ 06 Feb 2021 ]

myishika

Jan 17, 2011
I am not able to usr fingerprint at all.. it doesn't recognize my registered fingerprints. Several post in this thread says to change fod pressed state to cyan. Is this option still available? Can anyone guide?

Also, when I receive calls, my screen does3wake up. Any suggestions?
Anyone can help?

• Sad
Reactions: AboNaya

hightech316

Jan 27, 2011
github.com
Great ROM! installed latest version, everything runs smooth and buttery . Super responsive , so far good battery.

there is one issue I cannot figure out for the life of me, I cannot answer incoming calls. Swiping up does not answer, going to status bar and pressing " answer " does not pick up the call either. I have made sure the phone app has proper permissions .

Also downloaded google phone from play store, double checked permissions . No luck.

Any ideas ?

mikefnz

Jan 30, 2008
Christchurch
Great ROM! installed latest version, everything runs smooth and buttery . Super responsive , so far good battery.

there is one issue I cannot figure out for the life of me, I cannot answer incoming calls. Swiping up does not answer, going to status bar and pressing " answer " does not pick up the call either. I have made sure the phone app has proper permissions .

Also downloaded google phone from play store, double checked permissions . No luck.

Any ideas ?
Bluetooth connected to headphones on desk?

hugotias

Mar 3, 2012
I am a new user of oneplus 7T. I switched from AOSIP to this rom because AOSIP occasionally will crash. This rom is great and I found no bugs except the auto brightness is not sensitive.
I do have one question though. Looks like Android 11 has changed the protocol as to how to log into an enterprise wifi. It requires a domain name for logging in. Anyone knows how to deal with this? Thanks!

FruitSidewalk59

Jan 22, 2017
boston
I am a new user of oneplus 7T. I switched from AOSIP to this rom because AOSIP occasionally will crash. This rom is great and I found no bugs except the auto brightness is not sensitive.
I do have one question though. Looks like Android 11 has changed the protocol as to how to log into an enterprise wifi. It requires a domain name for logging in. Anyone knows how to deal with this? Thanks!
unfortunately no fix regarding the enterprise wifi that us users can do

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Thank you for the ROM. Old man here managed to load it on Oneplus 7T (T-Mobile version). Question, has anyone an idea how to fix sim card not reading? When I go back to T-Mobile OOS everything works. But both this ROM and AOSiP did not read my sim card.

Much Appreciated!
Could have something to do with vendor blobs. You could try installing global OOS on both slots, then installing custom ROMs.

ryantf420

Jun 20, 2018
Thank you for the ROM. Old man here managed to load it on Oneplus 7T (T-Mobile version). Question, has anyone an idea how to fix sim card not reading? When I go back to T-Mobile OOS everything works. But both this ROM and AOSiP did not read my sim card.

Much Appreciated!
Coming from tmobile based rom.
You first need to flash global oxygen first.
Then you will be able to flash custom roms with no sim card issue 👍 👍

Leegalaxy

Jan 8, 2011
New York City

Any ideas ?
EDIT: I'm not on this ROM so it feels like a phone specific issue.

I'm having this same issue! I can't answer a call using the stock phone app. I can make outgoing calls but not incoming. It's been happening for a month and I was able to get it to work in safemode but then I simply can't identify any rogue apps.

Gotcher

Oct 30, 2009
Thanks for this amazing ROM! No big issues so far, fingerprint works well for me.

Only problem I have is that I can't play any videos in the NHL app. Netflix only works with SD quality. I rooted my phone with Magisk and tried to solve this problem with Magisk hide, but to no luck so far. Can someone help? Is this a ROM or a root issue? Can I somehow solve this or do I have to un-root my phone to get HDR back?

Edit: I found the answer that the problem lies within unlocking the bootloader. Is there no way to fix this (I guess not)? Especially the playback issues in the NHL app are strange, no videos are loading, I just get a black screen. Can someone verify this?

As I said, amazingly smooth ROM and the issues I have are not problem of this ROM. Just wanna know whether the NHL app is a ROM bug or not

Last edited:

pavanthanuj

Oct 2, 2014
Hyderabad
How do I root with TWRP?

I have flashed TWRP as mentioned in the thread. But it does not support decryption.

Can I follow the second guide in this? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-root-oneplus-7t-without-twrp.3979307/

Can someone help me with the magisk patched image.

Also, how can I get back to Stock recovery, given TWRP does not support decryption?

I have so many questions because I just bricked my phone and lost all data on OOS :(

mukesh22584

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
Hello Everyone,

We're here again with new update for hotdogb, Have a look for new update.

ROM Changelog-: HERE
Download-: MSM Xtended XR-v5.0
Flashing Instructions: Check this post
  • Clean flash recommended to work Nfc properly.
  • Follow proper flashing instructions.
  • Don't report issue without logs.
  • Please refresh your browser if not showing latest build.

Best Regards
Team Xtended

johnsema

Jun 30, 2015
A - Requirements:
[1] Unlock bootloader.
[2] Windows PC.

B - Unpacking ROM zip and get FASTBOOTD tools :
[1] Download & extract ROM.zip.
[2] Extract payload.bin using Payload_dumper.
[3] You need latest fastboot tools, So get from HERE
[4] In extracted folder Press shift key + right click & select option " Open Command prompt here"

Coming from OOS/Any other ROM or need a clean Flash:

C - First you need to reboot into FASTBOOTD

[1] adb reboot fastboot [If device is active/on]
[2] fastboot reboot fastboot [If device is in normal fastboot]
Now give this commons:
Code:
 fastboot getvar is-userspace
If getting return value true then proceed to next step, if not please figure out issue that's in your end.

D - Let's start clean flash :
[1] fastboot -w [This'll wipe all your internal data, Backup first.]
[2] fastboot flash system system.img
[3] fastboot flash boot boot.img
[4] fastboot flash odm odm.img
[4] fastboot flash product product.img
[5] fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
[6] fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
[7] fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
[8] fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img

E - ROM update or Dirty Flash :
  • Just skip option D - [1]

F - Flash using TWRP :
  • Please read TWRP thread.
👋hello i tried your instructions to install this beautiful looking rom!
But my phone got bricked, and my phone is now at oneplus, for repair
Bootloader, unlock whas easy!

The first problem occurred at let's start clean flash
Typ, fastboot-w.
Respons, no such directory!
Tried, and tried, ended up with my device , stuck in fastboot mode

ik ben redelijk ervaren, in flashen, van custom roms, bijvoorbeeld leeco le max 2" met deze telefoon flashte ik dagelijks roms, maar met deze oneplus 7t blijkt het niet zo makkelijk, mischien omdat er geen bruikbare twrp , recovery is.