[ROM][ANDROID 11] XTENDED XR-V5.0 [Oneplus 5 & 5T][ 06 Feb 2021 ]

Sc4r3Crow

May 18, 2017
Hi Scarecrow

Seems to be working just fine for me on v4
Though not completely setup, I can get the camera to launch after pressing power twice (in my screenshot below).

In the background is the section of Xtended settings, under Gestures, where you set this up.

Maybe try switch that option off, restart System UI, then switch it back on... Hopefully that gets it up and working again?

Cheers
Thanks for your reply, I've tried that but it didn't work.
So I solved that problem by clean flashing ;-)

Reactions: thkgop001

Sahilhp

Jan 4, 2014
But could the network access and Magisk be related??

I am not sure about that. I was just guessing if it works fine with root. I did not face this issue on v2 and v3. Only happening in v4 for me. I am also using flamegapps. Maybe it is related to gapps.

But i haven't had this issue for the last 2 days. Hopefully it stays that way. Its not a deal breaker and a restart fix the issue anyways so its good for me.

Kellwa

Jan 16, 2013
edge lighting is not working for me, also OnePlus Gestures (****ty Gestures) not working
anyone got them working ?

other than that i like the rom is very smooth and fast

Edit: the Gestures worked, i had to enable them and reboot

Last edited:

likivik

Apr 8, 2020
A little summary for people experiencing the issue where some apps loose access to network:
0. Known work-around is to reboot.
1. It looks like it might be related to the version of the gapps. (Having Magisk doesn't seem to matter)

* Also, I've tested with both v3 and v4 on NikGapps-Core and BitGapps. Issue persists.
* @Sahilhp reports having problems with FlameGapps on v4 only. (v2, v3 seem to work with flame)
* @thaidroid reports having no issues using v4 and NikGapps-Omni package
* MicroG might work fine, I've seen no reports of problems with this issue.

P. S. : Remember to flash the right firmware
link for 10.0.1 OnePlus5T [dumpling] just in case( https://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/21730592/firmware_10.0.1_oneplus5T.zip)

I'm attaching a couple of logs I tried to capture of the issue. (github gist: https://gist.github.com/Likivik/7dd26ca35bd72e9c2aefb6663fb5c258 )
NetworkScheduler seems to throw some errors and ImsService is unavailable.

A question: Does anybody use Core variant of NikGapps and still has no issues with apps loosing internet access? Or will I have to load Omni? How about MicroG? Thanks for any replies!

Last edited:
Reactions: vipsms

thkgop001

Jan 6, 2015
A little summary for people experiencing the issue where some apps loose access to network:
1. It looks like it might be related to the version of the gapps. (Having Magisk doesn't seem to matter)

* Also, I've tested with both v3 and v4 on NikGapps-Core and BitGapps. Issue persists.
* @Sahilhp reports having problems with FlameGapps on v4 only. (v2, v3 seem to work with flame)

link for 10.0.1 OnePlus5T [dumpling] just in case( https://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/21730592/firmware_10.0.1_oneplus5T.zip)

I'm attaching a couple of logs I tried to capture of the issue. (github gist: https://gist.github.com/Likivik/7dd26ca35bd72e9c2aefb6663fb5c258 )

A question: Does anybody use Core variant of NikGapps and still has no issues with apps loosing internet access? Or will I have to load Omni? How about MicroG? Thanks for any replies!
Hi likivik

I use

NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201231-signed.zip

With no problems

I've been using the core versions every since the second A11 build and not had any issues.

Cheers

vipsms

Aug 9, 2012

I clean flashed the rom 3 days ago as my first time and yes noticed it, exactly as you described. I get like 1 or 2 apps only doesn't connect to internet randomly. But the rest are fine. Reboot is the workaround i am doing currently. My setup is:-

Op 5T
XR-v4.0
NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip
firmware 10.0.1
no magisk/root

Sahilhp

Jan 4, 2014
I clean flashed the rom 3 days ago as my first time and yes noticed it, exactly as you described. I get like 1 or 2 apps only doesn't connect to internet randomly. But the rest are fine. Reboot is the workaround i am doing currently. My setup is:-

Op 5T
XR-v4.0
NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210130-signed.zip
firmware 10.0.1
no magisk/root
Maybe the issue is with 2021 gapps. When i was on v2 and v3 i was using FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20201214-BETA and i did not face any internet issues. While flashing v4 i flashed FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210110-BETA. and i am facing internet issues with random apps. If the issue is related to gapps then i can only see one difference. One gapps version is December 2020 and the other is January 2021.

You are also using 2021 gapps.

@thkgop001 has no issue with NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201231-signed.zip. Again this is older gapps from 2020 but not too old.

@likivik tried NikGapps-Core and BitGapps and is still facing this issue. Maybe these gapps are also of the current year.

Try with older gapps and see if that resolve the issue. I will also try with older version of flamegapps. But i am waiting for v5. I don't want to install all the apps again. So for the time being i just restart the device when i face this issue.

Last edited:

likivik

Apr 8, 2020
Maybe the issue is with 2021 gapps. When i was on v2 and v3 i was using FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20201214-BETA and i did not face any internet issues. While flashing v4 i flashed FlameGApps-11.0-basic-arm64-20210110-BETA. and i am facing internet issues with random apps. If the issue is related to gapps then i can only see one difference. One gapps version is December 2020 and the other is January 2021.

You are also using 2021 gapps.

@thkgop001 has no issue with NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201231-signed.zip. Again this is older gapps from 2020 but not too old.

@likivik tried NikGapps-Core and BitGapps and is still facing this issue. Maybe these gapps are also of the current year.

Try with older gapps and see if that resolve the issue. I will also try with older version of flamegapps. But i am waiting for v5. I don't want to install all the apps again. So for the time being i just restart the device when i face this issue.
I tried installing older (NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201231-) gapps without reinstalling the whole system - didn't help.

But, Installing Latest Nikgapps BASIC - seems to have worked...so far:)

This is my daily driver so I can really test well by reinstalling the whole thing too. This is all still very new, so we'll wait for v5 and gapps updates and see what happens then.

Thanks for the info, btw!

mukesh22584

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
Hello Everyone,

We're here again with new update of MSM-Xtended XR-v5.0.

ROM Changelog : Click HERE

Device Changelog: Click HERE

Downloads : MSM Xtended XR Release V5.0

Read before ask : Important Notes/FAQs

ScreenShots : Click HERE

Gapps : Nik GApps,

One of the best way to report issue :
Click HERE

• Recommended Firmware_10.0.1
  • Dirty Flash will be fine but flash Clean before reporting any issue..
  • Follow proper flashing instructions.
  • Don't report issue without logs.
  • Please refresh your browser if not showing latest build.
  • Please share your feedback and reviews.
  • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build.

Best Regards
Team Xtended

hawki

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Everyone,

We're here again with new update of MSM-Xtended XR-v5.0.

ROM Changelog : Click HERE

Device Changelog: Click HERE

Downloads : MSM Xtended XR Release V5.0

Read before ask : Important Notes/FAQs

ScreenShots : Click HERE

Gapps : Nik GApps,

One of the best way to report issue :
Click HERE

• Recommended Firmware_10.0.1
  • Dirty Flash will be fine but flash Clean before reporting any issue..
  • Follow proper flashing instructions.
  • Don't report issue without logs.
  • Please refresh your browser if not showing latest build.
  • Please share your feedback and reviews.
  • Donations are always welcome and it does help us in getting the server to build.

Best Regards
Team Xtended
What the recommended Magisk? Latest canary caused me bootlooops

simo6

Aug 12, 2009
arezzo
www.facebook.com
Under settings > Xtensions > Theme room > Quick settings opacity.
Thx mukesh, i've tried to play with opacity but it making transparent the qs panel only. I've ment the background icons under now are fading, but before there was a cool blur effect. Could it be that i dirty flashed over 4.0?
Tia, and congratz for this amazing rom. The best imho

Attachments

nikhilgauri09

Nov 13, 2012
After the OOS has come to EOL, I am planning to move to this ROM, and currently I am on OOS 9.0.8, unlocked bootloader and rooted, but encrypted storage.
And now I also want to use my phone without google services (GApps).
Can someone please guide me like would it be necessary for me to upgrade to latest OOS 10.0.1 for getting onto this ROM, or just flashing the firmware would get the job done?
And would it be fine to use this without GApps and keeping the data encrypted?

mukesh22584

Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
Thx mukesh, i've tried to play with opacity but it making transparent the qs panel only. I've ment the background icons under now are fading, but before there was a cool blur effect. Could it be that i dirty flashed over 4.0?
Tia, and congratz for this amazing rom. The best imho
My fault, Will fix in next build.
After the OOS has come to EOL, I am planning to move to this ROM, and currently I am on OOS 9.0.8, unlocked bootloader and rooted, but encrypted storage.
And now I also want to use my phone without google services (GApps).
Can someone please guide me like would it be necessary for me to upgrade to latest OOS 10.0.1 for getting onto this ROM, or just flashing the firmware would get the job done?
And would it be fine to use this without GApps and keeping the data encrypted?
- Only firmware flashing is good.
- Yes, you can use without GApps.